a52's airplabe adventures (previously graffiti i have seen in airport bathrooms today

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
a52's airplabe adventures (previously graffiti i have seen in airport bathrooms today
RE: a52's airplabe adventures (previously graffiti i have seen in airport bathrooms today
reflections on lohndohn + engkand so far. possibly tainted by exhaustion.

driving on the wrong side of the street is terrifying, even when you're not the one driving

people are much better/nicer drivers than in the us. they stop slower, leave bigger gaps, are more willing to let you into their lane if you need to change lanes when they're moving too slow to do so easily, etc. this is good, because the roads make no fucking sense at all.

it's really bizarre seeing so many white people, and only white people. especially strange is the near-complete absence of the huge asian influence we have on the west coast -- while in seattle there were almost as many asians as europeans, here they seem to be one of the absolute fewest groups.

everything here is sort of... well, kind of shit in a way. not in the way of the flashy, immortal obsolescence of mass-produced american garbage, nor in the way of the products of deep veneration or deep neglect of the ancient past, more like somebody remodeled this house in the fifties and you've been really meaning to remove those awful window blinds, but it just hasn't been done.
(much like the blinds) everything's just sort of... beige.

speaking of, colors and such in general seem to be more muted. advertisement isn't as in your face, graphic design is more subtle, fonts are less severe. it's different, and it seems inferior at first, but it's nice.

Messages In This Thread
RE: a52's airplabe adventures (previously graffiti i have seen in airport bathrooms today - by a52 - 06-26-2018, 12:16 PM