The thread for flipping shits (and tables)

The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
RE: The thread for flipping shits (and tables)
I got rear-ended and now “my” car is totaled (of course, not “mine” but I’m the one who drove it most in recent years). After a night’s sleep, I don’t seem to be injured or achey in any way, which is good considering my knee hit the steering column and my glasses flew off (honestly, most of the force went into accordioning the trunk; ain’t safety design amazing?).

It was not a car I particularly liked, what with being a minimally featured 2005 Honda Civic that among other demerits often required flooring to merge into psychotic Northern Virginia traffic, but its ongoing reliability cannot be faulted in any way. We’d just had the tires rotated and the oil changed. It almost made it to 100000 miles Crying Eagle
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
aaagh I'm so frustrated with myself
I want to debate about something with someone but I'm too squeamish to talk about the subject matter or even research it to find a well-written article about it? even if I found the perfect article expressing my viewpoint it would be super awkward to just throw the link at them in skype or something
and I'm probably the only person who they know who would be on the opposite side of their viewpoint about it so I feel sorta obligated to bring it up at some point
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
I find Maryland driving is worse, but they seem to have sprung a leak in recent years. Though of course dysfunctional transportation policy is a multijurisdictional problem around here. The place where the accident happened is the exit onto SR 286 from SR 286.
(01-16-2014, 10:37 AM)BRPXQZME Wrote: »The place where the accident happened is the exit onto SR 286 from SR 286.

...Wait, what?
I kid you not. In this area, it is perfectly normal for you to be driving on one road, go through a light or something and the road will have magically acquired a different name. Happens twice on my work commute, actually.

Every place has its traffic idiosyncrasies, sure, but there are some absolutely batty intersections around here. Including a place called Seven Corners, which got its name at one point where it actually was an intersection with seven corners. They eventually corrected that error, but at the cost of a blood sacrifice to unknown Lovecraftian horrors along the Atlantic seaboard. Anyone who wishes to drive through it today should brush up on non-Euclidean geometry.
New Zealand has road user charges for owners of diesel vehicles which offsets the fact diesel's a bit cheaper than petrol, but considering trucks and other heavy vehicles chiefly use diesel and would wear out roads more, that's actually somewhat practical.

E: I mean car juice is hienously expensive compared to the northern hemisphere because they probably burn half a shipment just to carry it that far south, but yeah
(01-16-2014, 08:17 PM)Wheat Wrote: »virginia parliament of legislatures
Raaaaage It genuinely ticks me off that they did not stick with House of Burgesses Raaaaage

edit: also car shopping is terrible
Didn't get the job i was pretty confident about

Edging ever closer to being fucked and unable to afford the flat i'm supposed to be going into

Not really helping my mental health either!
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
mom left dad
Dang, i'm sorry. I wish i could send you a big awkward hug to both of you Meloncholy
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I don't know what to do, what to think, what to feel. I've lead a pretty charmed life. I've never had to deal with grief like this before, the only family funeral I've had to attend was before I was in school, for my grandmother I didn't have time to meet, and I don't even remember that. How long do I feel sad before it's pathetic, what if I get over it really fast, is there something wrong with me? Can I, should I be angry at her? It's so fucking cold to pull a move like this two days before my birthday. I was gonna celebrate my 19th by going to my first open-mic, do I go through with that, do I change the set I was gonna go with to something more personal? Do I just go on like everything's normal, do I drown myself in distractions like music and TV even more than usual, should I write a fucking song about it? I have homework I gotta do, somehow. My dad is physically deteriorating. I was planning on moving out of the house soon, but can I just leave him alone like that? Fuck, just... fuck.
Oh no :C

I can assure you that any time is acceptable to feel sad/angry over this sorta stuff; my parents divorced when i was 10 and some of the stuff that happened still effects everyone involved to this day, 12 years later. And I don't even know the full story of what happened! That being said, it gets a lot easier to deal with as time goes on, and believe me, having parents who want a divorce but stay together for the kids or w/e reason is a hell of a lot worse than having them apart.

Basically: your feelings are valid and be nice to yourself. If you don't feel up to going out for your birthday then maybe postpone it till you feel better?

Anyway internet group hug
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
(01-22-2014, 05:23 AM)Plaid Wrote: »believe me, having parents who want a divorce but stay together for the kids or w/e reason is a hell of a lot worse than having them apart.

Can confirm, it is extremely shitty. I don't know the whole situation but if i could say something to myself in the past, i would say two things; 1) It's not your fault in any shape or form. 2) Don't have expectations about people.

I guess the former is a lot easier to cope with and understand since you're not a kid, but the latter i still struggle with. You can't expect people to do not shitty things, because they may not even have the rational/emotional capacity to understand they're being so shitty, specially since they have troubles of their own; this is not meant to excuse anyone, it's meant to make you feel better about yourself - to help your brain understand that you did what you felt was expected from you and you have no control over people's actions. But i digress.

Give yourself time to assimilate this, i mean really give yourself time. Before bed, while showering, when nothing else is distracting you - to think about what you feel would be the best course of action for you at this moment. It's okay to be angry at people, let everyone else know you're feeling something, express yourself by making art, don't bottle up.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
To whom it may concern:

[Image: 40636-Ghost-Hug.gif]
Jesus christ. Any way you can arrange to move out yourself?
Hey, in case anyone's wondering what I've been up to, the hard drive on my computer kinda failed this weekend! Fortunately, the data was recuperable, and I was still under extended warranty, but it kinda put a wedge in my "do anything" plans. I'm picking my repaired computer back up tomorrow, and will be able to complete my Secret Santa gift that I kinda never finished sorry by the end of the month, so that's something to look forward to.
I survived a fortnight of near-solid work that built up due to horrible scheduling on the parts of both parties and equally miserable procrastination on mine alone, I didn't fail my exams (or, at least, the really shit one was more than compensated for by the extremely good one) and after a stressful stretch of nail-biting, we've managed to get a really decent house for next year.

...within two hours of me saying "woohoo, at last I can relax!", I'm struck across the jaw by a drunken loon with whom we really ought not to have been playing Resistance, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't far off something worse. Wish I could say I hadn't been warned...

So yeah. That was fun. I think I might go to bed now...
So, like. remember when I said my computer problems were resolved? Haha nope.
I am seriously contemplating suicide. I think I have good reason to do so. I don't know if my judgment is being clouded. I am a minor. What do I do.
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(02-06-2014, 02:56 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »What do I do.

I'd say that, since I'm fairly sure none of us here are professionals, your first and most important step is to call a suicide hotline. They're trained to talk to you about this sort of thing, and can probably give better and more specific advice.

Now, the rest I'd say depends on your situation. If it's because your parents abuse you emotionally or physically, or are reactionary and unable to accept you for who you are, all I could say is "try to find a friend, or more reasonable family member, who can put you up."

Otherwise, you're going to want to speak to a therapist and/or psychiatrist if at all possible.
Okay, first thing to do is to take a deep breath. Take things slowly, and really think. Oftentimes, it's never as bad as it seems at first.

Then, ask yourselves, "Is it really worth it?" The answer is no, but I shouldn't have to tell you that. Even if it seems like life has taken a giant dump on you, killing yourself will never help anybody, not even yourselves. Surely, there are people that care about you (and yes, they do care, even if it doesn't seem like it).

Then, please, please, please see a therapist. Just walk away from whatever is hurting you now. Find a friend or a therapist, or even call the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-TALK). I recommend the latter option, as it allows immediate counselling.

Remember, it's never as bad as it seems. I care for you, Credit, and I don't want to see you go. Don't do this. Walk away from it.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Credit, I'm shooting you a PM now but please don't do anything rash. Suicide is almost never going to be a good option. Please talk things out with me for now, and, as soon as possible, talk to someone you can trust among your family or friends.

E: Resource page for Canadian hotlines too.
Is there a way to call and talk on the hotline discreetly? I don't think I can call anyone without my family knowing or subsequently asking about it (I rarely ever make/receive calls). I have exactly 0 reasonable family members. How do you speak with people who do not listen to reason? Unreasonability is exactly why I'm in this situation. I don't think I can visit any friends without my family lashing out in racism (due to my school's multiculturism). There is no possibility in visiting a psychiatrist or therapist because they think I should simply "Obey and listen" and all my problems will be solved. Calling the police is not an option or else I will be thrown out into the street with or without my stuff at which point my life will be over.
If you're in North America and it's evening over there, my first suggestion is to call one of the hotlines. I'm trying to find an IM service with trained counsellors, but can't personally verify them from Japan. Here's a few I found but I'm still hunting:

https://commongroundhelps.org/ (IM services open until 10pm)

https://www.crisischat.org/chat

Credit, if you're in a position where you are absolutely unable to make phone calls from home, please talk your current feelings out with someone you trust (even if it's me). If you can at some point this evening, get some rest and get out of the house in the morning, where you'll be in a better position to make a phone call to someone trained to help.
I cannot wake up early without my dad asking and getting upset. "why you wake up so early? You just have to get ready for school". And of course talking on the phone so early looks suspicious. And my mom has a day off. Also, if I go to school and talk w/ the child youth worker, she is either an idiot and will tell my parents about our little "talk" or the talk will take so long the school will send a message to my home saying I was ABSENT FOR PERIODS ONE *BEEP* TWO *BEEP* THREE *BEEP* FOUR. I've never been absent without a reason my parents know about. I'm just fucked.