Firmament

Firmament
RE: Firmament
>Wait, what d’you mean “unfortunate side-effects of Reincarnation”??
So, we are simply a summoned beast, like in those games you play. Ever to be at your beck and call at your most desperate times.
>It would be a pity if the child died before we could devour it. I accept the job.
>I'm also joking if you couldn't tell.
>I feel the strange. Other aspects on the outside, not the inside.
>I is not we right now? Many-as-One is now the many ones?
>But am not one, but fragment? Would explain fuzziness of think pot.

>Eh. Philosophy too much for dust mote.
>What we do for child? Fiddle-faddling fixes?
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
>Accept
Sig:
SpoilerShow
[Image: screen.png]

(04-13-2018, 06:02 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »>... I have a feeling you're trying to blackmail us.

Demon: Why would I blackmail you, when our interests are aligned? You have a problem, in that you don't seem able to incarnate normally. We have a Client, who wants something we Demons can't offer on our own. Each of our problems are the other party's solutions, aren't they?

Still, perhaps it was... unkind of me to leverage your own Oath against you. "Never cause, nor willingly allow, lasting harm to come to someone," correct? I simply thought you would appreciate an opportunity to follow through on it. After all, both Oaths and Contracts have power. They aren't things Spirits such as we should ever invoke lightly.

(04-13-2018, 05:21 AM)UnassumingCephalopod Wrote: »I'll be straight out the gate -- if there's two things I don't trust, it's demons, and the business-associated.
I feel like there's some part of this you're not telling us, something that, if mentioned, would be a potential dealbreaker. If something that important is held from us on the grounds of client confidentiality, I'd be inclined to believe you're trying to trick us.

Demon: These prejudices are unfortunate, but not within my power to change. Please, know that I have absolutely no interest in "tricking" you. Before entering a Contract, you'd have to know your role in it. A Contract made under false pretense is powerless. Doing otherwise would defeat the purpose, no?

Our Client, one Mr. Flynn, is a parent. His child is injured. Not only a physical wound, but also a wound to her Soul. As such, it hasn't healed as expected of common injuries. Instead, the young woman's Soul continues to wither away. And as it does, her health continues to suffer as well. Once the Soul is fully gone, well... one way or another, her body should begin to recover. However, the Client would prefer she retain her original Soul. He's sought many treatments for her condition, to no avail. Now, he's turned to petitioning Demons for help... but as I said earlier, this damage is beyond our power to truly heal.

If we turn him away? Were he to seek out a less scrupulous Demon? I'm afraid his desperate state may lead him into a far worse Contract. Another Demon might arrange to take the child's tattered Soul or Body for themselves. Perhaps they might put on a cruel little puppet show for the bereaved. Let them pretend she's well... that she's still the one in there. Give the man a pleasant lie to believe, at least for a time.

At worst, well... who can say?

It's my honest hope that, together, we may do something better. And so, whatever your preconceptions about me may be, 1599... I hope this makes the situation, and my stance on it, quite clear.

(04-13-2018, 03:19 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »> What other details can you offer us? Why does the child need us? Why can't you ask another 'soul'?

Demon: As an Eidolon, you have an innate ability to bind and mend broken bits of Soul. Whatever spiritual glue binds those pieces of identity that make you up into a single entity. Please understand, this is not a trait typically seen among Spiritkind. So, if you have any means by which to extend this ability to others, or if there is another way you can help the Client's child to recover? If that is the case, we would like you to at least try.

This would be the extent of your role in the Contract. The rest would be between the Client, and myself.

(04-13-2018, 02:43 AM)Reyweld Wrote: »>Are we going to become the child?
(04-13-2018, 03:15 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »> What we do to child soul when cohabitate?

Demon:
Frankly, we're not even certain this will work. There are many unknowns. But, so long as her body has a Soul, and her original identity remains... how you go about this is up to you. Such is the nature of the Client's request. Were a spirit to displace her Soul and "become" the Client's child, this would normally violate the Contract. Given that you have the curious capacity to take on the memories of other Souls, however... perhaps not? In theory, you could take on her identity as your own, then displace her Soul. This may fall within the word of the contract, though it may violate the spirit.

Alternatively... hmm. So long as her damaged Soul remains, some manner of pact or cohabitation may be possible as well? You are a being of Spirit, and I see no reason you could not form a Contract of your own with the girl. It's hard to know what that would mean, as I'm no expert on all the capabilities an Eidolon may possess. You may well be able to come up with another option on your own. For better or worse, you are the foremost expert on your own abilities.

Now, with that all said... have you come to a decision?

(04-13-2018, 03:51 AM)a52 Wrote: »>flee flee flee no no no no no no out out where is out, where are my teeth?!
(04-13-2018, 03:19 PM)Wessolf27 Wrote: »So, we are simply a summoned beast, like in those games you play. Ever to be at your beck and call at your most desperate times.
(04-13-2018, 11:41 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »>Accept
(04-13-2018, 06:02 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »>As far as I'm concerned, this feels too complicated. Perhaps this have been a terribly bad idea.

>Caw! I want to be out. Limbo was much more... pleasant than here.
(04-13-2018, 03:29 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>It would be a pity if the child died before we could devour it. I accept the job.
>I'm also joking if you couldn't tell.
(04-13-2018, 03:19 AM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »> That's.... quite the conundrum, isn't it? It'd be against most morals to reject the offer. Though in the end, it's our 'soul', so we can do what we want.

Demon: It... seems you could use more time to come to a consensus.

Please, feel free to discuss this among yourselves as necessary. Whether you will join us in this Contract, and even how you intend to fulfill it... these choices are ultimately yours to make. In the meantime, I should call the Client back, before they look elsewhere. Let me know when you've at least decided whether or not to join us.

>Very well... I shall be the little one's mender, and guardian if I need to. Though if we are to enter this pact, give us something more than just your word of trust. Something to use in case we require more assistance.
> we have an oath??????? no one told us this wtf
> Also... why not tell your client the truth? You can't really save their child. So why pretend? Why not tell him it's impossible?
>Oath? What oath? I never knew there was a oath... whatever. It seems like I have no choice from here. Ill take it, and do to the best of my ability. It would seem morally wrong not to help too.
box's new adventure:
[Image: vVzI9Xm.png]
[updates when i can!]
>Still Yes
Sig:
SpoilerShow
Oh right we firmly resolved to not let people get hurt earlier.

Err, just how many people know about that? It's gonna be very easy to take us hostage with this knowledge.

Also, you're telling me that any other demon this guy may pettition would at best steal the girl's soul and pretend they didn't? What makes you special?
Hrrrmgh.
We made oath, true.
But we didn't make oath.
Oath made by one-of-many, not many ones.
Not problem when we are oneness, but when many like now...
No good, you sees.

But... this one am accept oath anywayses.
this one swear to do-inks no harm of permanence.
Will try to healings of tiny one.

Am having question.
Made of bits of forgettinks things, lost tinks.
If pokes and prods, might find snippets of me-that-was thoughts, memorieski?
Am not remembering before oneness that wells...
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
>Oh and I noticed you're seeing us as text inputs. This post is now a ghost post Am I spooking up your monitor right now? This post is now a ghost post
I'll... accept, maybe not wholeheartedly, but the stock you put in our Oath is... interesting.
But I swear if there's some catch to this you've "technically" informed me about, so help me I will be personally responsible for all subconscious desires to attempt to consume random objects and do sick dodge rolls down corridors. You and your cool demon ears have been warned.
>Hmmm... Caw! Where's the signature line?
>Can you describe the child and client?
>Caw! Is it shiny?
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]

(04-17-2018, 01:58 PM)Wessolf27 Wrote: »>if we are to enter this pact, give us something more than just your word of trust. Something to use in case we require more assistance.

Demon: Certainly. Once we're done here, I'll see to it that you have means to stay in touch.

Now, I have a phone call I need to take, so...

(04-17-2018, 03:15 PM)box Wrote: »>Oath? What oath? I never knew there was a oath...

Demon: Pardon, but I really do need to focus on this call. Just... discuss amongst yourselves. I'm sure one of you remembers.
Demon: *blip*

Goethe? I think we're just about done here. Is the petitioner from Theia still on the line?

Goethe(?): Yeah, yeah. Been keeping him worked up, like you said to.

Demon: Good. When you're ready, patch them through to me.

*blip*

(04-17-2018, 02:00 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »> we have an oath??????? no one told us this wtf

Demon: *ring ring*

*blip*

I greet you, brave mortal. Your heart's most desperate plea has echoed down into the depths of Hell. And it is I, the Demon Queen Marlowe, who heard your cry, and answered. I, the Twice-Betrayed. Eternal Warden of the Sea of Lost Souls. And I come, bringing an offer of True Solace for your grief...

If, of course, you are prepared to pay our price in return... ahahaha!

[Image: laugh.png]

(04-17-2018, 03:41 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Oh right we firmly resolved to not let people get hurt earlier.

(01-01-1970, 12:00 AM)Demon Queen Marlowe the Twice-Betrayed, Eternal Warden of the Sea of Lost Souls(?) Wrote: »> yes this

...:
O-of course. I know the price. I'd pay anything! Just, please. Save my little Cassowary...

Marlowe: Ohoho.... mortals are always so eager to offer anything...

But do you even know what you have to lose? Just what I could choose to take in recompense?

"Anything," fuhuhuh... what a foolish offer.

...:
Maybe it is foolish. O-or... or maybe a Demon like you just can't understand a parent's love for their children.

(04-17-2018, 06:18 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Hrrrmgh.
We made oath, true.
But we didn't make oath.
Oath made by one-of-many, not many ones.

(04-17-2018, 03:41 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Err, just how many people know about that? It's gonna be very easy to take us hostage with this knowledge.

(01-01-1970, 12:00 AM)Marlowe Wrote: »> pls dont worry
> reviewed ur memories w/ crystal machine
> oath between me you and fate ok

...:
A-are you still there?

Marlowe: Ah, but of course. A parent's love.

I suppose that means you're willing to do whatever we ask of you, then? Lie for us. Steal for us... Kill for us even? Consign yourself forever to our servitude?

...:
But that's... not what the other Demon said the price would be...

(04-17-2018, 03:41 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Also, you're telling me that any other demon this guy may petition would at best steal the girl's soul and pretend they didn't? What makes you special?

Marlowe: As I said, we are a philanthropic organization. I never said any other Demon would steal a Soul.

But desperate mortals make foolish decisions. And other Demons are just that. Other. Different. Different goals, through different means.

Besides, making generalizations about a group is rude.

...:
Wh-huh? I'm... sorry? I didn't mean to be rude...

(01-01-1970, 12:00 AM)Marlowe Wrote: »> shit

(04-17-2018, 06:18 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Am having question.
Made of bits of forgettinks things, lost tinks.
If pokes and prods, might find snippets of me-that-was thoughts, memorieski?
Am not remembering before oneness that wells...

(01-01-1970, 12:00 AM)Marlowe Wrote: »> ugh pls not right now
> ask later

...:
Wait, did you just say something about being a philanthropist?

Marlowe: O-of course! Did you think all Demons were the same?

Hahaha... foolish Mortals. Haha.

...:
But you're... didn't you just say something about eternal servitude? The Demon who said he was your underling... he never said anything about that. And then you said something about desperate mortals and...

Marlowe: I was just... I was illustrating a point. You offered me anything. I just... that was stupid.

So don't do that.

...:
O-okay? Hey, is advice on dealing with Demons part of that Philanthropy thing or...

(01-01-1970, 12:00 AM)Marlowe Wrote: »> oh gods
> guys

(04-17-2018, 06:31 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>Oh and I noticed you're seeing us as text inputs. This post is now a ghost post Am I spooking up your monitor right now? This post is now a ghost post

(01-01-1970, 12:00 AM)Marlowe Wrote: »> honestly
> am already way off-script w/ client
> pls stay on topic
> are you in
> y/n

Marlowe: Cease this prattle!

Never mind all that. You and I have an agreement to discuss. A Contract.

You do know what that means, don't you?

...:
I... y-yes, I do.

(04-17-2018, 01:58 PM)Wessolf27 Wrote: »>Very well... I shall be the little one's mender, and guardian if I need to.

Marlowe: And you understand the terms of our contract?

Not... not the eternal servitude thing. What the other Demon said earlier.

...:
Yeah. I know what you need in return. I offer it freely.

(04-17-2018, 03:15 PM)box Wrote: »>whatever. It seems like I have no choice from here. Ill take it, and do to the best of my ability. It would seem morally wrong not to help too.

Marlowe: And you understand the penalty for failure to uphold this?

...:
I... I do.

(04-17-2018, 09:25 PM)UnassumingCephalopod Wrote: »I'll... accept, maybe not wholeheartedly, but the stock you put in our Oath is... interesting.
But I swear if there's some catch to this you've "technically" informed me about, so help me I will be personally responsible for all subconscious desires to attempt to consume random objects and do sick dodge rolls down corridors. You and your cool demon ears have been warned.

...:
Just, please. My daughter. She's so sick. We've tried doctors and... and shamans, and... everything. No one can do anything for her.

...you're my only hope.

Marlowe: Of course.

...:
And you promise you won't harm her? No trickery? No funny business?

(04-17-2018, 06:18 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: »this one am accept oath anywayses.
this one swear to do-inks no harm of permanence.
Will try to healings of tiny one.

Marlowe: I cannot promise her condition won't have a lasting impact...

But I will use all power at my disposal to restore her, as fully as possible. And I will see no harm done to her, through my aid.

...:
Alright.

Marlowe: Excellent. Then, are we agreed?

...:

(01-01-1970, 12:00 AM)Marlowe Wrote: »> And, are you and I agreed as well?
> Will you do all that you can to help the child?
> And will you do her no harm?

(04-18-2018, 05:06 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »>Hmmm... Caw! Where's the signature line?
>Can you describe the child and client?
>Caw! Is it shiny?

Marlowe: So Mr. Flynn, shall we form this Contract?

...:
Yes. Let's have it done.

(01-01-1970, 12:00 AM)Marlowe Wrote: »> Please. Any one of you.
> Just give me an official yes or no.

(04-17-2018, 03:41 PM)Reyweld Wrote: »>Still Yes

Marlowe: Excellent. The Contract is struck. We'll be in touch shortly.

*blip*

Ughhhhhhhh...

Goethe? Are you still on the line?

Just... tell Bennet to send the Eidolon across. We've got ourselves a deal.

Goethe:
Will do, boss. Awesome work, by the way! Love that Queen spiel every time.

And can I just say? That recovery after the bit you flubbed was...

Marlowe: *blip*

...and you, little Eidolon. We'll be in touch soon, as well. Do remember our agreement, once you make it over there.

And, of course, best wishes with your new start on Theia. Ta ta, for now.

[Image: ecaf1.png]
[Image: ecaf2.png]
[Image: hello.gif]

Girl: Oh, hey there! I didn't see you come in. It's been a while since I had a visitor.

...do I know you?

>Dun' think so ...but, well you're about to; we might be together a while. Hi there.
> I'm your concscience. It's been a while since we talked, eyyyyyyyyyyy.
> So girl, what's your name and what ails ya?
> Also I'm not actually your conscience. That was a joke.
> We many but one.
> You no well, yes? We help. Hope. We bind us to you; a covenant forged. Your soul make better, our being balanced. We strengthen you, you enlighten us.
> Many but lonely. No want lonely. Want friend.
> Want to be full.
Nah, we're here on a kind of job situation
>Caws for all!
>Hello, young lady. No, you don't. If you do, I don't suppose why.
>We're a "spirit." We are one but also many at the same time.
>We are apparently here to help you heal.
>Caws to you! We'll keep you company.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
Hello little one, we're a friend... or friends as it may. Think of us as your guardian angels.
HI! We're gonna patch some holes in you. You got any duct tape?
[AIRHORN NOISE]
>WUSSUP Rad haircut btw famsquad
SpoilerShow
...I apologize, some of us seem to prefer being guardian devils.