Making Video Games

Making Video Games
Making Video Games
Hi, does anyone here knows how to make games? I generally play forum games because my PC is bad but im getting a new one soon and thinking about coding my own game but dont know how.

What would you guys recommend? C++?
RE: Making Video Games
Do you have any programming experience? If not, you really don't want to start making everything from scratch, and you really don't want to have to learn C++ as your first language.

I'd recommend getting Yoyo Gamemaker 2, which has prebuilt rendering, ui, game loop, etc utilities, and has a drag and drop action flow programming system. If you want to make 3D games, you could start with Unity instead, which is a bit more powerful but uses a harder language and doesn't have the drag and drop option.

Unless you're planning on making entirely text-based games (in which case I would recommend Python or Twine, not C++), you really don't want to start from scratch. You'll waste way too much time on shaders, physics, game loops, etc. to ever get to work on the actual game part.
DO NOT START WITH C++

it gives you the greatest possibility of shooting yourself in the foot.

also what kinda game are you making. there's so many engines
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Just pick a library or game engine that will suit you and then learn the language associated with it. I suggest you to use Unity because its most popular engine. It can create 2D and 3D games, and can compile (export) to any platform like browsers, windows, linux or even android. Here's a link to official documentation but it may be a bit overwhelming for beginners so you should consider learning from YouTube or other sites, here's a decent text guide.

I dont recommend to use game maker because you will just face limits at some point, and you can spend that time learning Unity which is not only limitless but also one of top engines.