Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss the current state of the forum, suggest improvements.

Check out the most recent updates to the forum here.

If you notice a specific issue that could use addressing, you can utilize the Report Issue button at the bottom left of the site, this form sends a PM to site admins. You can also reach out to people on discondor as well!

Issues or topics that would require more in-depth discussion can be brought up here!
RE: Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs
Hi! In the interest of the archival of creative works, would it be possible to add a function to download threads?

EDIT: thank you!!
Can we get an official Eagle Dark Theme? In the time since last coming here I have grown unused to white forums.
(11-02-2023, 01:46 AM)Jacquerel Wrote: »Can we get an official Eagle Dark Theme? In the time since last coming here I have grown unused to white forums.

Sure! Does someone have a color scheme or mock-up in mind? Graphic design isn't my strong point.
(11-02-2023, 01:46 AM)Jacquerel Wrote: »Can we get an official Eagle Dark Theme? In the time since last coming here I have grown unused to white forums.

There's a few existing skins currently fortuna themed which could be easily repurposed....  bother me on the weekend and I'll make some new banners for em
I recommend using a file host that isn't imgur for forum image uploads. Recently, they changed their terms of service to disallow third-party hosting - outside of business partners like reddit, I think? Personally I'm using filegarden, which was created by the same person who maintains MSPFA in the interest of acting as free third-party hosting. There's not really an easy solution for this that I can think of, though.

Additionally, I would quite appreciate it if pressing newline/enter while the message screen is not focused did not automatically send your post. I nearly posted my forum adventure early, and was only saved by the lack of a subject line. This is especially frustrating because shift-enter works but causes all kinds of formatting bugs if you copy-paste from an external document.

EDIT: the early post thing seems to only happen if you've focused the subject line outside of the "create new post" feature, but it's still anxiety-inducing.
(11-03-2023, 10:09 PM)MUNCHMOLAR Wrote: »I recommend using a file host that isn't imgur for forum image uploads. Recently, they changed their terms of service to disallow third-party hosting - outside of business partners like reddit, I think? Personally I'm using filegarden, which was created by the same person who maintains MSPFA in the interest of acting as free third-party hosting. There's not really an easy solution for this that I can think of, though.

Yeah, filegarden rules, but not so much as a collective hosting solution. The ideal solution would be local hosting on the forum server or a dedicated cloud storage account. Personally, I really like discourse's solution where all embedded images are downloaded to local storage to preserve forum content.

However, this isn't native mybb behavior and no existing plugins support this. I could have made a custom plugin for this, but that would have continued to delay reopening the forum, so I instead set up a forum imgur account with their anonymous api to use alongside an existing plugin.

Since we have a functional solution at the moment, I'm not in a huge rush to update it. True local image hosting is kind of an eagle-time stretch goal, I'd like to have it, but because I suspect it would take a good day or two to make, it's a lower priority among my other development projects. I am open to taking it on as a commission project if people are interested.

(11-03-2023, 10:09 PM)MUNCHMOLAR Wrote: »Additionally, I would quite appreciate it if pressing newline/enter while the message screen is not focused did not automatically send your post. I nearly posted my forum adventure early, and was only saved by the lack of a subject line. This is especially frustrating because shift-enter works but causes all kinds of formatting bugs if you copy-paste from an external document.

EDIT: the early post thing seems to only happen if you've focused the subject line outside of the "create new post" feature, but it's still anxiety-inducing.

Now this I can do...

...Okay the forum now asks for a confirmation whenever submitting a new post or thread, which should prevent any accidental posting. Lemme know if this is too annoying a change and I can try to fine tune it later. (Woops, it also does it for previewing a post...brb...okay now it is good).

EDIT: I went through and read imgur's TOS a little more closely. I think we are in the clear because we're not using imgur for logos, icons or banners or avatars. Everything uploaded is done so anonymously, i.e. not attached to an account. (Like, images you upload are not attached to a forum imgur account.) Nor are they uploaded for commercial use. However, I am not a lawyer, and the truth is imgur could delete any images uploaded to it at any time for any reason.

Something to note is that because these are uploaded anonymously, there's no way to delete the images once they are uploaded. I will add that in the feature notes.
(11-02-2023, 03:10 PM)Schazer Wrote: »

There's a few existing skins currently fortuna themed which could be easily repurposed....  bother me on the weekend and I'll make some new banners for em

See You Space Cowbird now works pretty well for me, I only have a couple of suggestions. Not sure how practical they are.

[Image: DJikmzO.png]

Firstly I think the lighter grey header boxes are a little too bright to have white text in them? If they were darkened just a little bit it might look better.
Second (the part I am not sure is practical or possible) all of the text input windows are obviously still black text on white. There's few enough of them that this isn't really a problem but if it's possible to invert them that would be cool.
Not sure how much themeing control you have over the WYSWIG formatting window though.

Oh also the upload image button is hard to read, presumably because it wasn't made with alternate themes in mind. I can live with this though.

[Image: 0Artd3q.png]

Oh and finally, the navigation bar right at the top (holding [Forum Index]. [Private Messages], etc) is still black text on white. Which again, it's a small area and I can live with it but it contrast oddly.
I have taken on your suggestions, fixed the navigation bar and also bumped the shade of header boxes from 808080 to 696969.

Please let me know if the funny number is still not quite dark enough for your liking and it'll be an easy fix to make those parts of the page darker.
Thumbs Up  RE: Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs
Works for me, thanks!
Hi! :) I'm happy that the forums are back.

I wanted to ask, where/who must I ask for the thread of my adventure Alabaster to be taken from the archive and put in the active adventure session? I looked for a list of admins and moderators but could not find it. The adventure is back in action and I would like to replace the previous image links (now broken due to a restructuration of my website) and to post the new updates as well.

I also think a general thread of "Various questions" with a F.A.Q. as the first post would be useful in this Announcements section, so people with this kind of interrogation know exactly where to turn.
(11-11-2023, 03:16 AM)Cauchemar Wrote: »Hi! :) I'm happy that the forums are back.

I wanted to ask, where/who must I ask for the thread of my adventure Alabaster to be taken from the archive and put in the active adventure session? I looked for a list of admins and moderators but could not find it. The adventure is back in action and I would like to replace the previous image links (now broken due to a restructuration of my website) and to post the new updates as well.

I also think a general thread of "Various questions" with a F.A.Q. as the first post would be useful in this Announcements section, so people with this kind of interrogation know exactly where to turn.

Hey, glad to have you.  Lobster With A Gun

Alabaste has been moved from the archives and is available for editing.

There is a "Report Issue" form accessible at the bottom right of the forum that is mentioned in the first post. Although "move thread from archive" isn't listed as a default option on the form, I'll add it in to make it clearer.

If we get enough questions to toss into a FAQ I'll be sure to add this one in.
Thank you very much! :)
I'll be doing a minor forum update in the near future.

Any feature requests while I'm in the backend?