Decked: Game 2 Ended!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you have heard of “We Didn’t Playtest This”, Decked follows a similar premise: fast-paced chaos for a buttload of players. This is a card game that features cards like “Deja Vu”, “Voodoo Doll” and “Cute Pigeon”, and is cram packed with shenanigans.

Rules
At the start of the game, each player is given a random position of priority (1st, 2nd, 3rd...) and is dealt three cards.

For every round, each player must select a card to play for the round (if possible), as well as relevant targets and/or information. After the selection period, the round begins; the cards are then played in order of priority. If a player “loses” during this process, their card still activates. After this sequence, each player draws a card, and priorities are shifted such that 2nd becomes 1st, 1st becomes last, and so forth. After this the round ends.

The objective of the game is to either make every other player “lose”, or to make yourself “win”. If either of these conditions are met at the end of a round, the game ends and you win. If every player has lost at the end of a round, the game ends and everyone loses equally. Similarly, if two or more players have won at the end of a round, they both/all win!

If you have lost, you ONLY lose the power to play a card at the beginning of each round and draw a card at the end of each round. However, you can and are still affected by relevant cards. If a card allows you to do something, you are not prevented from doing so. If you win while you have lost, they cancel out.

If a player has won, the game ends after the end of the round (as they may yet still lose, or more winners may surface).

Further Rules and Card Mechanics
If you are unsure of how a card works, feel free to ask. You don't have to read this right now, it will make more sense when you have cards to refer to.
SpoilerShow

The Order of Things
Game Start Only
  • Priorities randomly given
  • Three Cards dealt to each player
Beginning of Round
  • Players Select Cards to Play (note: these cards are not considered part of your hand after being selected)
  • Cards with “At Beginning of Round” texts are activated/resolved in order of priority
Mid Round
  • Cards are played and resolved in order of priority
End of Round
  • Cards with “At End of Round” texts are activated/resolved in order of priority
  • Everyone draws a card
  • Priorities shift (2nd to 1st, 1st to last, etc.)
  • Game ends if there are any winners (including by default) or everyone has lost

Sign-ups
Any number of people can sign up! I’m going to close sign-ups in 3 days or after I feel no one else is going to join the first round. All you need to do is post to express your interest and choose either Discord, Quick Topic (I’d make it) or PM (I’d prefer the other two options) for submission of your actions and receiving of your cards.

Here is the list of players who have joined:
  1. a52
  2. Gatr
  3. wiltingMyosotis
  4. ICan'tGiveCredit
  5. SinkingSailor
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: Decked
Oooh, me! Discord, Quicktopic, and PM all work equally well and I am incapable of making decisions, so just choose whatever works best for you.
gonna Deck you. discord is great for me.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
I'd like to try! I can do discord and try out quick topic.
Okay then a52 and wiltingMyosotis, I'll also contact you through discord.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
sign me up
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Oh, should I give you my user in discord? Sorry i guess i forgot to ask that.
Yeah wilting, if you could send me a message (Reyweld #8428) that would be great.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I've messages you as life system!
I have no idea what this is because tl dr but COUNT ME IN~~~~
oh hey
So I'm probably going to close sign-ups tonight (~7 hours) because I don't think anyone else plans to join the first game. I maybe elaborated too much on a game that is very simple to play, but 5 people will also allow for really quick updates.

SinkingSailor do you have a discord account? If not I can send you a link to a Quicktopic (a free message board w/ no account needed)
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: Decked: Sign-ups for Game 1 Ending Today!
I hev dishcord. shall add.
oh hey
RE: Decked: Sign-ups for Game 1 Ending Today!
Alright, I am closing sign-ups.

The game will begin sometime tonight.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: Decked: Game 1 Commencing
GAME 1 - START!

ROUND 1 - BEGINNING OF ROUND:

a52 - 4th
Hand: 3 cards
Condition: normal
{nothing in play}

Gatr - 1st
{nothing in play}

wiltingMyosotis - 5th
{nothing in play}

ICan'tGiveCredit - 2nd
{nothing in play}

SinkingSailor - 3rd
{nothing in play}

DECK
73 cards

DISCARD
0 cards
SpoilerShow

I am sending out hands right now. Choose a card to play on Discord (and don't forget to choose targets / do stuff when relevant).

Update will be whenever I am conscious and I have been sent everyone's plans for round 1.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: Decked: Game 1 Commencing
ROUND 1 - MID ROUND:

Gatr plays Reyweld:
Reyweld - Place this card in front of you. Reyweld is now a player. Reyweld doesn’t get a hand (any cards he would get are discarded), instead drawing one card at the end of the round and immediately playing it. Reyweld always has effective last priority. If this card is discarded from play, Reyweld ceases to be and all cards in front of them are discarded (or destroyed if impossible). If your Reyweld wins, you win. If your Reyweld loses, discard them.

ICan’tGiveCredit plays Copy Cat:
Copy Cat - Play this in front of you. If you have 5 cards with the same title as this one in front of you at any time, you win. If this card is destroyed, this card and a copy of this card are instead put in the discard. If this card is discarded, instead put it in your hand.

SinkingSailor plays Banned, banning the word “Steal”:
Banned - Play this card in front of you, and choose a word (“Steal”). Any cards in play containing that word in their title are discarded. Anyone who plays a card with the chosen word in their title loses, and the card is immediately discarded as if it hadn’t been played.

a52 plays Seeds of Destruction, and places a card from their hand underneath it:
Seeds of Destruction - Place this card in front of you, and a card from your hand underneath. Put five copies of the card underneath into the deck, and shuffle it. Any player who plays a copy of the card underneath loses.

wiltingMyosotis plays Sudden Death in front of Gatr:
Sudden Death - Play this card in front of any player. It cannot be discarded from play. All players no longer draw a card at the end of each round. At the beginning of a round, if any player cannot play a card, they lose.

ROUND 1 - END OF ROUND:

Gatr’s Reyweld draws and plays a card- Deckstruction:
Deckstruction - Destroy the deck. Anyone who tries drawing a card for the rest of the round fails, and experiences only shock (this includes the drawing a card at the end of the round).

Thanks, Reyweld.

Priorities shift, and no one draws a card (due to Sudden Death and Deckstruction).

ROUND 2 - BEGINNING OF ROUND:

a52 - 3rd
Hand: 1 card
In play:
Seeds of Destruction - (1 Card Underneath) - Place this card in front of you, and a card from your hand underneath. Put five copies of the card underneath into the deck, and shuffle it. Any player who plays a copy of the card underneath loses.

Gatr - 5th
Hand: 2 cards
In play:
Reyweld - Place this card in front of you. Reyweld is now a player. Reyweld doesn’t get a hand (any cards he would get are discarded), instead drawing one card at the end of the round and immediately playing it. Reyweld always has effective last priority. If this card is discarded from play, Reyweld ceases to be and all cards in front of them are discarded (or destroyed if impossible). If your Reyweld wins, you win. If your Reyweld loses, discard them.
Sudden Death - Play this card in front of any player. It cannot be discarded from play. All players no longer draw a card at the end of each round. At the beginning of a round, if any player cannot play a card, they lose.

Reyweld - Last
Condition: Reyweld’s normal
In Play:
{nothing}

wiltingMyosotis - 4th
In play:
{nothing in play}

ICan'tGiveCredit - 1st
In play:
Copy Cat - Play this in front of you. If you have 5 cards with the same title as this one in front of you at any time, you win. If this card is destroyed, this card and a copy of this card are instead put in the discard. If this card is discarded, instead put it in your hand.

SinkingSailor - 2nd
In play:
Banned - Play this card in front of you, and choose a word (“Steal”). Any cards in play containing that word in their title are discarded. Anyone who plays a card with the chosen word in their title loses, and the card is immediately discarded as if it hadn’t been played.

DECK
0 cards

DISCARD
1 card
SpoilerShow

You will be sent your current hands.

An important ruling: If you try to draw a card from the deck and there are no cards in either the deck or the discard, you lose.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: Decked: Game 1 - Round 2
ROUND 2 - MID ROUND

ICan’tGiveCredit plays Reyweld’s Head:
Reyweld’s Head - Place this card in front of you. At the end of each round, draw and immediately play a card (with random targets if applicable).

SinkingSailor plays Yoink, targetting Gatr’s Reyweld:
Yoink - Move a card from in front of another player to in front of you. Na na nana na!

a52 plays Lobotomy, attaching it to Sudden Death:
Lobotomy - Attach this card to a card in play. That card now does nothing, as if its description were blank.

wiltingMyosotis plays Magic Marker, changing Copy Cat’s title to “Swift Steal”:
Magic Marker - Change the name of a card in play. You may immediately discard a card to return this card to your hand.

Gatr plays Roulette Gun in front of wiltingMyosotis:
Roulette Gun - Place in front of a player. At the end of every round, there is a 20% chance you lose. At the beginning of every round, you may move this card to in front of another player.

ROUND 2 - END OF ROUND

ICan’tGiveCredit’s Reyweld’s Head plays Yoink, targeting Seeds of Destruction (which are moved to in front of Credit).

SinkingSailor’s Reyweld draws and plays Magic Marker, changing the name of “Banned” to “Pile of Dirt”. Thanks Reyweld.

wiltingMyosotis’ Roulette Gun doesn’t activate.

ICan’tGiveCredit, SinkingSailor, and a52 draw a card; Gatr and wiltingMyosotis cannot and lose.

Priorities shift.

NOTE: Players who have lost can still activate cards at the beginning of the round (ie Roulette Gun).

ROUND 3 - BEGINNING OF ROUND

a52 - 2nd
In play:
{nothing}

Gatr - 4th
Condition: lost
In play:
Lobotomy [attached to Sudden Death] - Attach this card to a card in play. That card now does nothing, as if its description were blank.

Reyweld - Last
Condition: normalish
In Play:
{nothing}

wiltingMyosotis - 3rd
In play:
Roulette Gun - Place in front of a player. At the end of every round, there is a 20% chance you lose. At the beginning of every round, you may move this card to in front of another player.

ICan'tGiveCredit - 5th
In play:
”Swift Steal” - [Copy Cat] - Play this in front of you. If you have 5 cards with the same title as this one in front of you at any time, you win. If this card is destroyed, this card and a copy of this card are instead put in the discard. If this card is discarded, instead put it in your hand.
Reyweld’s Head - Place this card in front of you. At the end of each round, draw and immediately play a card (with random targets if applicable).
Seeds of Destruction - (1 Card Underneath) - Place this card in front of you, and a card from your hand underneath. Put five copies of the card underneath into the deck, and shuffle it. Any player who plays a copy of the card underneath loses.

SinkingSailor - 1st
In play:
”Pile of Dirt” - [Banned] - Play this card in front of you, and choose a word (“Steal”). Any cards in play containing that word in their title are discarded. Anyone who plays a card with the chosen word in their title loses, and the card is immediately discarded as if it hadn’t been played.

DECK
0 cards

DISCARD
0 cards
SpoilerShow

You will be sent your current hands.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: Decked: Game 1 - Round 3
Just posting to say this game HASN'T died, I'm just waiting on a player (but won't for much longer)
Sig:
SpoilerShow
i sent mine right?
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(07-25-2017, 09:52 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »i sent mine right?

yep, everyone's in now, no need to worry
Sig:
SpoilerShow
ROUND 3 - BEGINNING OF ROUND

WiltingMyosotis passes a52 the Roulette Gun.

ROUND 3 - MID ROUND

SinkingSailor plays Yoink, targeting ICan’tGiveCredit’s Reyweld’s Head:
Yoink - Move a card from in front of another player to in front of you. Na na nana na!

a52 plays Magic Marker, renaming Roulette Gun to “Lifesteal pistol”:
Magic Marker - Change the name of a card in play. You may immediately discard a card to return this card to your hand.

Credit plays Deckstruction, destroying the deck:
Deckstruction - Destroy the deck. Anyone who tries drawing a card for the rest of the round fails, and experiences only shock (this includes the drawing a card at the end of the round).

Round 3 - End of Round

SinkingSailor’s Reyweld’s Head and Reyweld are both prevented from drawing a card (because of Deckstruction).

a52’s ”Lifesteal pistol” doesn’t fire.

Priorities shift, no one gets to draw a card (as a result of Deckstruction).

ROUND 4 - BEGINNING OF ROUND

a52 - 1st
Hand: 0 cards
In play:
**”Lifesteal pistol”** - [Roulette Gun] - Place in front of a player. At the end of every round, there is a 20% chance you lose. At the beginning of every round, you may move this card to in front of another player.

Gatr - 3rd
In play:
Lobotomy - [attached to Sudden Death] - Attach this card to a card in play. That card now does nothing, as if its description were blank.

Reyweld - Last
In Play:
{nothing}

wiltingMyosotis - 2nd
In play:
{nothing}

ICan'tGiveCredit - 4th
Hand: 1 Card
In play:
”Swift Steal” - [Copy Cat] - Play this in front of you. If you have 5 cards with the same title as this one in front of you at any time, you win. If this card is destroyed, this card and a copy of this card are instead put in the discard. If this card is discarded, instead put it in your hand.
Seeds of Destruction - (1 Card Underneath: Cute Reyweld is the Truth) - Place this card in front of you, and a card from your hand underneath. Put five copies of the card underneath into the deck, and shuffle it. Any player who plays a copy of the card underneath loses.

SinkingSailor - 5th
In play:
”Pile of Dirt” - [Banned] - Play this card in front of you, and choose a word (“Steal”). Any cards in play containing that word in their title are discarded. Anyone who plays a card with the chosen word in their title loses, and the card is immediately discarded as if it hadn’t been played.

DECK
0 cards

DISCARD
1 card
SpoilerShow

You will be sent your current hands. Please send in actions promptly, as the next round will be a very quick one.
Sig:
SpoilerShow
RE: Decked: Game 1 - Round 4
ROUND 4 - BEGINNING OF ROUND

a52 places the ”Lifesteal Pistol” in front of Gatr.

ROUND 4 - MID ROUND

a52 cannot play a card (however Sudden Death has Lobotomy attached, so nothing happens).

ICan’tGiveCredit plays Pass Off, moving their Seeds of Destruction to in front of wiltingMyosotis:
Pass Off - Move a card from in front of you to in front of any other player.

Sinking Sailor plays Rummage:
Rummage - Draw two random cards from the discard.

ROUND 4 - END OF ROUND

Gatr’s “Lifesteal Pistol” doesn’t fire.

SinkingSailor’s Reyweld’s Head plays Rummage (Note: this does NOT cause Sinking Sailor to lose, as they are not drawing from the deck).

Reyweld plays Rummage.

a52 draws a card. SinkingSailor and ICan’tGiveCredit are unable to, and lose.

Priorities shift.

a52 WINS (as everyone else has lost at the end of the round)!

Game State at End:
SpoilerShow
And this concludes Game 1. If you are interested in playing Game 2 (which I plan to start at the end of the 30th), please post to express said interest.

Game 2 Sign-ups:
  • wiltingMyosotis
  • a52
  • Gatr
  • SinkingSailor
Sig:
SpoilerShow
I am intrested! This was really fun hehehe.

Good job a52!
RE: Decked: Game 1 End - Signups for Game 2
I'm still not entirely sure what was going on, or how I won, but I'm ready for another round!
RE: Decked: Game 1 End - Signups for Game 2
in again to lose again
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]