Lucidstuck II

Lucidstuck II
RE: Lucidstuck II
(09-15-2017, 11:59 PM)Angustine Wrote: »>Bob: decide the star can't be worth this bloodbath, just go eat some meat after you dispatch that other guard
>Bob: Eat the other guard so you don't have to walk all the way to a restaurant.
Bob: Use your radar to find nearby guards

[Image: ZboMGy6.png]

You bust out your radar to see if you can find this guard.

Hm, the blip on the screen is still. He seems to be a little far away too. Probably hiding.
>Bob: Use the trees as cover from the hiding guard, and crawl forward with your face down so he can't see you if he's waiting in ambush. Use the radar when you're behind cover to keep track of his position. Then once you've figured out where the guard is, kill him with your crossbow from a location he can't spot you.
Bob:Scream a little and scurry behind another tree
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

[Image: 2kGzPON.png]

Bob: Use the trees as cover from the hiding guard, and crawl forward with your face down so he can't see you if he's waiting in ambush. Use the radar when you're behind cover to keep track of his position. Then once you've figured out where the guard is, kill him with your crossbow from a location he can't spot you

[Image: ElGYUIV.png]

You creep your way along the floor keeping you completely hidden as you press forward. As you move out, you start to here murmurings...

[Image: LQ6NDGf.png]

You pause. You're not sure which way to go, and you don't want to check, as the guard might see your face even for a moment. The murmurings become clearer.

Something about how he never wanted to work here to begin with...
A friend of a friend got him in... he regrets it...
He'll see his daughters if it's the last thing he does...

Hm. Seems he's quite jittery and unstable... Tread carefully with this one.
> Use his friend's corpse as cover. Then aim for his knees.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(09-17-2017, 08:09 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Use his friend's corpse as cover. Then aim for his knees.
If we shoot his knees he'll still be able to shoot, no? If he fires his gun every guard in the building will know.
(09-17-2017, 08:13 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(09-17-2017, 08:09 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Use his friend's corpse as cover. Then aim for his knees.
If we shoot his knees he'll still be able to shoot, no? If he fires his gun every guard in the building will know.

We've gone this entire session without a single arrow to the knee joke. I will not rest until thats rectified. Also he should still have nothing to shoot at and be bleeding to death. Not sure if the bullets in this are powerful enough to pierce a corpse but I doubt it.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(09-17-2017, 08:22 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »We've gone this entire session without a single arrow to the knee joke. I will not rest until thats rectified. Also he should still have nothing to shoot at and be bleeding to death. Not sure if the bullets in this are powerful enough to pierce a corpse but I doubt it.

The guy is described as jittery and unstable. That would indicate that he is maybe a little trigger happy. If he gets hit by an arrow he might just shoot at just about anything out of panic.
(09-17-2017, 08:36 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(09-17-2017, 08:22 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »We've gone this entire session without a single arrow to the knee joke. I will not rest until thats rectified. Also he should still have nothing to shoot at and be bleeding to death. Not sure if the bullets in this are powerful enough to pierce a corpse but I doubt it.

The guy is described as jittery and unstable. That would indicate that he is maybe a little trigger happy. If he gets hit by an arrow he might just shoot at just about anything out of panic.

We can totally do that joke to a guard after we disarm them and aren't at risk of causing people to hunt us down. Also, there's a very good chance that he just shoots US if he sees where we shoot from. Crawling is not a very fast method of movement, after all and we'd have to reload which is presumably visible

>Bob: Quietly circle around wide behind the guard, keeping clear of the bloody corpse, then kill him with your crossbow from stealth.
>Jittery and unstable means bad aim. We could totally risk it.
Just shoot him in the face.

And now, a summary of Lucidstuck audience commands:
"Let's be really peaceful and try to redeem all the monsters instead of killing them!"
"Just shoot him in the face."

(I just thought this was funny, I dunno)
I agree

(09-17-2017, 11:56 PM)eerr Wrote: »>Jittery and unstable means bad aim. We could totally risk it.
Even if he misses, the gunshot will alert all the guards inside of our presence.
Remember that you guys can second somebody elses command if you don't agree with the first one.
(09-19-2017, 01:22 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »Remember that you guys can second somebody elses command if you don't agree with the first one.

Oh, right, I'll second yours then.
(09-17-2017, 09:45 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Bob: Quietly circle around wide behind the guard, keeping clear of the bloody corpse, then kill him with your crossbow from stealth.

Seconded.
> I agree with giving up. I'm of a mind that this was a test to see if we truly wanted to save everyone. I don't want Emily's perception of us as violent warmongers. The inclusion of giving each guard a personality and family is likely part of that. I would have liked to finish the game, however, but I think the killing isn't worth the reward.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
ugh go away for a few days and we make bob a murder,
middle ground? the guard is tweeking out super hard right now and will probably be in survival mode. so i say
>sneek past him and continue with the heist not worth getting shot or caught at the moment.
if we want to continue this semi clean we can do that and if we wanna go full murder hobo we can just as easily come back later and get him then. but thats my two cents.
While giving up might make sense within the setting of Bob's heist, keep in mind that this is a just a game. What sort of message are we sending to Alice and Emily by giving up? That we just came to kill a few people and don't actually care about the game? That we find the game too hard and are giving up? We can't even say we find it too violent and cruel because we were the one's to make it that way in the first place. And really, we practically begged Alice to give us a game to play and now we're just going to discard the game she gave us?
Bob: Quietly circle around wide behind the guard, keeping clear of the bloody corpse, then kill him with your crossbow from stealth

[Image: cIFrq4e.png]

You keep going. Hopefully far enough to be behind the guard. You can slightly tell their location from a shivering voice with anxious murmurings.

[Image: qvWUTXg.png]

You get up and luckily, you are in a great spot! You take aim...

[Image: Piua4J1.png]

Ooooh! Right in the neck! Aim a little higher next time to reduce pain to your victims... If that's what you want of course.

The guard holds the wound in hopes to stop the bleeding, and has dropped their gun in shock. However the wound is fatal.

[Image: gOGrKrF.png]

The death counter increases by 1. You are on your way, keep it up!
>are you okay emily? if you'd rather not see this we can stop this "game" and continue later
>Bob: Hide all the evidence and reclaim your bolts, then reload your crossbow.

We can do this while talking to Emily, and we need to do this anyways. If a conversation starts we can also use this as a moment to teach Emily more about tactics besides being the squishier version of a stone, and/or explain to all parties involved why violence in this manner actually made things harder for us.
(09-26-2017, 12:05 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>are you okay emily? if you'd rather not see this we can stop this "game" and continue later

seconded