Lucidstuck II

Lucidstuck II
RE: Lucidstuck II
Bob: Wait for the guards' view of each other to be broken by them turning the corner, then silently take out the guard that's trailing behind. After that proceed to take out the remaining guard. Don't use the knife with the thermoptic suit equipped, or else you'll get blood all over it

[Image: 5GqV8TQ.png]

You try to tail the 2 guards but the one guard is constantly alert. He's so alert he's walking backwards for most of your tailing...

Steven: "Chill out dude... you're making me nervous."
Trey: "I don't like this at all, can't risk it."

At this rate, they'll piece things together.
looks like we dont have much of a choice.
>Bob: crossbow the guard looking in your direction, then shoot the other with your gun right after.

crossbow is silent, so the second guard will take a moment to understand what just happened. in that moment we can switch to the gun and shoot it to kill him as well.
yes it makes a noise, but anyone got a better idea?
Bob: crossbow the guard looking in your direction, then shoot the other with your gun right after

[Image: QpQh6yq.png]

You pull out your crossbow in a desperate attempt to dispatch these guards as quickly as possible.

The attentive guard immediately sees you.

Trey: "...??"
Trey: "What the hell?!"

Your pulling of the trigger makes a *CLICK* sound, alerting the second guard.

Steven: "In... Intruder!!"

[Image: 1hTmI8R.png]

You have been discovered, and your cover is blown. Mission failed.

[Image: n0P591C.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 5GqV8TQ.png]

You try to tail the 2 guards but the one guard is constantly alert. He's so alert he's walking backwards for most of your tailing...

Steven: "Chill out dude... you're making me nervous."
Trey: "I don't like this at all, can't risk it."
Trey: "... Deja vu."

At this rate, they'll piece things together. You must not be caught!
Okay, so detection = instant game over.
Not just a makes things more complicated scenario.
In that case, we'll have to back off for now.

The paranoid Trey is simply too alert to take down from close range.
He'd need to be taken out from a distance from behind.

Other things to note/remember:
Crossbow is quiet, not silent.
Our footsteps are audible.
Our face is still visible, even when wearing the cloak.
Guards have guns, but do not have radios.

These guards will either find the bodies or be unsettled enough at the other guards' absence to begin actively searching for Bob.
We might need to cut our losses here accept that they'll find evidence of an intruder.

However... Trey is actively searching for any signs of an intruder right now. Let's give him a fake one, and thus distract him.

Those rocks, (the small rocks, not the gracious host rock.)

I've got a somewhat complicated maneuver in mind here.

First: Grab a rock, preferably when Trey is behind the Tree so he won't see it disappear. Walk as quietly as possible. Watch out for cliche twigs that might snap.
Second: Throw the rock against something solid over in the general direction Steve is walking... but off to the side. We want both guards to hear the rock, not see it. Further we want them to turn their backs to us when they turn to face look where the sound came from.
Third: After Trey has turned around, discard the cloak. Immediately after, Rush Trey. Stab him in the back with the knife then shoot Steven with the crossbow.

If Trey does not turn around abandon this plan.

Step One:
>Walk as quietly as possible and grab a rock when Trey is behind the tree and can't see it disappear.
Bob: Walk as quietly as possible and grab a rock when Trey is behind the tree and can't see it disappear

[Image: NTj0fA2.png]

You quietly make your way over to a stray rock on the ground.

[Image: 2TFuDDc.png]

You manage to pick it up, it has some weight to it.

Steven: "Hey, check this out."
Trey: "Hm?"

Uh oh, seems the guards are going to investigate your handiwork.
Seeing as the bob minigame is about to end, i have devised a plan for tomorrow's ordeals, i'd like to keep an element of surprize from ip, so pm me on discord if youd like to see it
Grab a rock and throw it in the opposite direction of the guards and reload your crossbow.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

[Image: 2kGzPON.png]

>Bob: Throw the rock to the side to distract the guards. Load your crossbow, and while the guards are distracted fire from concealment at the guard that isn't in the other's field of view. Load your bow again, and kill the other guard while they're unable to see you.
(09-15-2017, 01:36 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Bob: Throw the rock to the side to distract the guards. Load your crossbow, and while the guards are distracted fire from concealment at the guard that isn't in the other's field of view. Load your bow again, and kill the other guard while they're unable to see you.

Seconding
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Bob: Throw the rock to the side to distract the guards. Load your crossbow, and while the guards are distracted fire from concealment at the guard that isn't in the other's field of view. Load your bow again, and kill the other guard while they're unable to see you

[Image: GAoucIK.png]

You throw the rock as hard as you can, it goes quite far into the bush.

Steven: "What was that??"
Trey: "I don't know... Let's both check it out."

[Image: k4HW5V4.png]

You reload your crossbow.

... Wow, you're quite strong. You managed to reel back 120 pounds of draw weight with just one hand. Though, it seems your opportunity to murder has yet to present itself.

[Image: qImGIT5.png]

As the guards return from investigating you quickly turn around.

Steven: "Well, they're not here. Nothing is, really."
Trey: "Let's wait here for a bit, then we'll go report this to the others."
Steven: "Fair enough."
Trey: "This is going to be a long night..."
>dual wield the gun and the crossbow, kill them both at the same time
Bob: dual wield the gun and the crossbow, kill them both at the same time

[Image: 3CeWq8p.png]

The thought is nice, but you only have one weapon slot, and equipping the belt now will expose you. Also, it might be cool in the movies, but shooting 2 weapons at the same time is not very accurate. You decide to think of something else.
>Bob: Now that the crossbow is loaded, throw another rock and try again.
Bob: Now that the crossbow is loaded, throw another rock and try again

[Image: 7RIuPqa.png]

You walk over to another rock to use it as a distraction.

Steven: "...?"

[Image: x5uNAGA.png]

As you pick up the rock, the guards notice you, and investigate.

Steven: "Weird, I could have sworn this rock sorta like... jumped a bit."
Trey: "That's probably not the weirdest thing that'll happen tonight I'm sure."
>bob move behind the tree, quietly, then take out the closest guard from cover, then reload and take out the second guard.
Bob: move behind the tree, quietly, then take out the closest guard from cover, then reload and take out the second guard

[Image: 5w1v4lj.png]

You change your position. You might be able to take one of them out from cover from a tree. Though this one won't do.

Steven: "Let's go, out here is giving me the creeps."
Trey: "I hear that."

[Image: cUnxLBM.png]

A good choice. You take aim.

[Image: 2CexU3q.png]

You shoot a guard successfully. The other is quite alarmed.

Trey: "HOLY SHIT, STEVEN, NOOOO!!!"
Trey: "FFFFUCK!!!"

[Image: Sca4QG9.png]

Trey: "WHOEVER'S OUT THERE YOU ARE DEAD, YOU HEAR ME?"
Trey: "DEAD."

[Image: 82XW7Pa.png]

Congratulations. Your successful murder has activated the death counter. Every kill you get afterwards raises the counter. Once the number raises, every so often you'll have some luck towards your next kill, making killing easier for you the more you continue, and the guards quite fearful. Once the number turns black, you will have taken the lives of all the guards in the facility and unlocked a more unique reward.

However... The rules have now changed. You will not fail if you are detected, but killed. Your life is now on the line. Good luck!

[Image: Oxeo8ju.png]

You take aim once more to dispatch the other guard.

[Image: CPwbZOO.png]

No dice, the guard is not in your line of sight. You wonder where he went so quickly.
*squees quietly*

yay bob-
so what approach should we do? should we take stevens uniform? i know for a fact we need to steal his magazine from his gun, just to have more than 10 shots, most gun belts have slots next to the gun for magazine storage, so storage isnt an issue
Please consider this command as existing only if both
A ) gets seconded
B ) no one is against ending the game

>Bob: decide the star can't be worth this bloodbath. Hit the road, get a burger
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(09-15-2017, 08:09 PM)Panur Wrote: »Please consider this command as existing only if both
A ) gets seconded
B ) no one is against ending the game

seconding, ive been waiting for the next day for far too long, i'm ready and ive got a plan
welp. i guess im overrulled, i third it i guess...
>Bob: Use your radar to find nearby guards.
>Bob: Yea, i wasted enough hours senselessly murdering virtual opponents in the past to know that no reward will possibly wash away the bitterness.... except maybe a soda and some fries? What do you say we change the setting to something more soothing here Daydream? Like, maybe a cozy diner? What do you say to a soyburger there Emily?

It's fine, i think we've proven ourselves more than capable to Daydream. Now it's time to prov,e to Emily that we are not a bunch of bloodthirsty gamers out for that next high-score bodycount. Plus, i think that the "Prize" might be a trap\punishment for overzealousness.
(09-15-2017, 08:32 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Bob: Use your radar to find nearby guards.
Sounds like a plan.
>Bob: decide the star can't be worth this bloodbath, just go eat some meat after you dispatch that other guard
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

[Image: 2kGzPON.png]