Lucidstuck II

Lucidstuck II
RE: Lucidstuck II
>Bob: Now go use the bore scope to check on the guards.

You know, we could also have bob crawl around to be invisible. He'd just have to keep his head down, but that way the only direction he could be seen from is directly below him.
So, i guess Alice loves it that Bob is bathing in the blood of innocent guards who probably had families you Monsters our enemies... but i can't help but feel like we are somehow letting Emily down :(
Bob: Now go use the bore scope to check on the guards

[Image: iDqq7xY.png]

You approach the front side of the facility, you hear faint murmurings, of a subject you are unfamiliar with.

[Image: RjOIENx.png]

You investigate using the borescope. There is a guard directly in front of you, and from the looks of it, seems he's lost in thought...

[Image: gpFiKeR.png]

Further down you spy a second guard. Seems you're not getting through here with relative ease.
>Bob: If you think you can use your suit to safely get closer and listen to the murmurings, do so. If not, just stay where you are and observe the situation for a little bit.
Bob: If you think you can use your suit to safely get closer and listen to the murmurings, do so. If not, just stay where you are and observe the situation for a little bit

[Image: LoKIk2c.png]

You get in close to hear the murmurings of the guard.
He's mumbling about tax returns... Seems it's late.
His job earns very little compared to all the debt he's in from credit cards...
... He's tired of his freeloading brother using his resources and won't work...
He's been late 3 times this week, and his boss has been shadowing him....
And more complaining.

Boy this guard clearly has a lot on his mind and will probably not notice his surroundings.
>Move over to the other guard with your back to the both of them.
>Bob: Circle around to the other side of the building, taking off your suit and collecting the hats from the dead guards on the way. See if you can salvage that crossbow bolt you used earlier as well, and reload the crossbow if you haven't already.

Okay, we have a plan people. We're gonna go around to the opposite side of the building, knife the guard that's actually paying attention, then crossbow the one that isn't before he notices anything. We have to take off the suit before we start messing with bloody bodies so we don't put visible bloodstains on it though.

We're also going to collect all the hats from slain guards as a token of our victory. I want to wear them all at once, and become that hat ghost.
Do we even need to care about taking out these guards? They're not in the way and they don't seem to be noticing that the patrolling guards are missing. Better to just save our ammo for if we do need it for something.
(08-31-2017, 08:36 PM)The One Guy Wrote: »Do we even need to care about taking out these guards? They're not in the way and they don't seem to be noticing that the patrolling guards are missing. Better to just save our ammo for if we do need it for something.
Well if we kill them all we can get a prize.
(08-31-2017, 08:44 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(08-31-2017, 08:36 PM)The One Guy Wrote: »Do we even need to care about taking out these guards? They're not in the way and they don't seem to be noticing that the patrolling guards are missing. Better to just save our ammo for if we do need it for something.
or we could be a little less of a homicidal maniac and let them live.

> Bob: go back to the other side of the building and enter there.
We can always kill people on our way out after getting the Obsidian Star. Depending on the state of alarms going off when that happens, we might have too. Conserve ammo.

Also: "He's been late 3 times this week, and his boss has been shadowing him...."

His boss might be checking up on this guard in particular sometime later. It'd be a problem if his boss found him dead on the job.

>Bob, let them live and return to the unguarded backdoor.
>Bob, sneak the borescope under the backdoor and peer inside the building.
(08-31-2017, 09:03 PM)Unclever title Wrote: »>Bob, let them live and return to the unguarded backdoor.
>Bob, sneak the borescope under the backdoor and peer inside the building.

a little better than my command, seconding this instead.
I think we should try for the murder bonus, but if we're gonna peek inside I suggest using the radar. The guards might notice if we open the door, even if it's just a little.

I'm gonna second this on the grounds that the other guard might be saying things too.

I'm also gonna come right out and say that I want to kill all the guards. Bob can't become the best hat ghost he can be without all their hats. Plus they're all going to stop existing as soon as this game is done, so we might as well get something useful out of their deaths.
maybe the prize is eternal damnation in the eyes of Daydream? :o

i'm in, do it, kill them all
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Bob: Move over to the other guard with your back to the both of them

[Image: tNDcKZl.png]

As you approach the guard on the far side of the facility he reacts to the sound of your foot steps, you might be invisible, but you still create some sounds when moving about and bend light around you if you move.

He's looking right at you now.
>Bob: Don't move.
Bob: Don't move

[Image: SOuW8Xl.png]

You stand still. The guard gazes intently.

The guard speaks.
"That's weird, could have sworn I heard footsteps."
"I'll be damned if something's up tonight, My girls will be pissed if I don't see them off for their flight abroad for school..."
"Shit... God dammit..."
"Hey! Steven!"
"I"m talking to you!"

[Image: RLScrxl.png]

Steven: "Wha-- Huh? What is it, Trey?"
Trey: "Are you okay? Pay attention dammit!"
Trey: "I thought I heard something."
Steven: " Ahh, it's nothing, probably."
Trey: Yeah, well where the fuck is Calvin and Alex? They should have circled by us by now."
Steven: ".... Fuck, let them slack off once in a while, sheesh."
Trey: "Fuck this job, man. I've got shit to do right after that I can't miss."
Trey: "Let's go check on those assholes."
Steven: "But, uhhh..."
Trey: "Do you see anyone out here? we'll come right back."
Steven: "Well, okay."

The guards are distracted and have left their posts briefly...
... Well, that didn't go as planned. At least we learned some of the limits with the thermoptic suit.

I think our best shot would be to take the trailing one out when their line of sight is broken as they're turning the corner, then take the leading one out before they notice. We'll have to use the crossbow for both, since we can't use the knife with the thermoptic suit on.

EDIT: Making a command because nobody has done so yet.

>Bob: Wait for the guards' view of each other to be broken by them turning the corner, then silently take out the guard that's trailing behind. After that proceed to take out the remaining guard. Don't use the knife with the thermoptic suit equipped, or else you'll get blood all over it.
(09-01-2017, 05:55 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »... Well, that didn't go as planned. At least we learned some of the limits with the thermoptic suit.
it was pretty obvious that it doesnt shield sound as well.
well, I guess this is it for my "dont kill them" plea.

(09-01-2017, 05:55 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »I think our best shot would be to take the trailing one out when their line of sight is broken as they're turning the corner, then take the leading one out before they notice. We'll have to use the crossbow for both, since we can't use the knife with the thermoptic suit on.
we also have a gun. and if we want to take a bit more of a risk, choking with the hookshot rope should work as well.
(08-31-2017, 08:44 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Well if we kill them all we can get a prize.
(08-31-2017, 09:27 PM)Fellow Wrote: »I think we should try for the murder bonus, but if we're gonna peek inside I suggest using the radar. The guards might notice if we open the door, even if it's just a little.
Am I missing something? Since when is there a bonus for killing all of them?

And I'm less worried about sparing the lives of constructs that don't exist anyway, and more worried about what sort of message we're sending about our mentality to Emily and Daydream.

Regardless, I'm willing to accept the potential need to take them out now, since we've already screwed up and they've become alerted to their missing colleagues.
(09-01-2017, 07:21 PM)The One Guy Wrote: »Am I missing something? Since when is there a bonus for killing all of them?

Here:
(08-30-2017, 12:58 AM)intrepidPioneer Wrote: »You feel slightly ready for more bloodshed, things might get serious. If you decide to take another life, a countdown will appear for a better reward!

IP's also mentioned that he came up with this in the discord.

Maybe Emily won't like it if we kill everyone, but DD is the one who set up the game and therefore this counter, I don't think we'll send a bad message to her. In fact, DD was suspicious of our sparing of the monsters.

DD plays games with us for fun. I seem to recall that she mentioned feeling better after interacting with us. And it'd be more fun for her if we take her up on her optional challenge, no?
(09-01-2017, 06:05 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »
(09-01-2017, 05:55 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »... Well, that didn't go as planned. At least we learned some of the limits with the thermoptic suit.
it was pretty obvious that it doesnt shield sound as well.
well, I guess this is it for my "dont kill them" plea.

(09-01-2017, 05:55 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »I think our best shot would be to take the trailing one out when their line of sight is broken as they're turning the corner, then take the leading one out before they notice. We'll have to use the crossbow for both, since we can't use the knife with the thermoptic suit on.
we also have a gun. and if we want to take a bit more of a risk, choking with the hookshot rope should work as well.

I was referring more to the general proximity in which we could approach somebody when I said "we learned some of the limits". And yeah, iP talked about the reward earlier in the discord so killing them was the best option as soon as that was the case. The fact that they're also about to blow our cover just makes it mandatory.

Also, the gun isn't an appropriate choice since it'll alert EVERYBODY in the building, and definitely blow our cover. As for choking... I'd really rather not do that on somebody with a gun. It takes too long to kill them to assume that they won't be able to pull the trigger, which has the same problem as using our looted gun only it might also kill or injure Bob.

We just kinda have to hope we either find a silencer, or that we can reclaim our bolts. There shouldn't be any reason we wouldn't be able to reclaim them though. That's generally what crossbow bolts are meant to do.
Yeah it's looking like we can't leave these guards alive either. After they're down we better start moving quickly. I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before our actions get discovered.
ello everyone! i agree though, emily might not like it, but those guards need to die

>Bob: Wait for the guards' view of each other is broken by them turning the corner, then silently take out the guard that's trailing behind. After that proceed to take out the remaining guard. Don't use the knife with the thermoptic suit equipped, or else you'll get blood all over it.