Lucidstuck II

Lucidstuck II
RE: Lucidstuck II
>A semi-automatic shotgun with a silencer and taser rounds, A knife with a mirror polish, x-ray goggles, a grappling hook, a smoke bomb.

This is mostly MA's idea from the discord with me adding the smoke bomb.
Consider maybe a cloaking device? That would probably be very handy. Also maybe give Bob one of those elemental gauntlets, since elemental magic is 99% of the time useful in every situation.
the hostage thing got me thinking.
depending on how much IP and daydream let us get away with, I have an idea.

> weapon: portable ultra-realistic doomsday device
realistic enough that nobody will doubt its power, this device will be a key ingredient to get us through security unchallenged.

item 1: helmet with integrated doomsday device holder and lifesign detector
yep, we are going to strap a bomb to our head and make it explode if we die or it is removed.

item 2: remote trigger
not dying still leaves the possibility of being restrained until the DDD gets defused. so we get a little remote trigger to threaten anyone who tries that.

item 3: sturdy neck brace
better safe than sorry.

item 4: sign with "IF I DIE, IT EXPLODES" written on it
in case our fashionable hat isnt clear enough, lets give them a hint.

the plan is easy. walk through the complex as if nothing is wrong, while telling anyone in our way that we will annihilate everything if we are stopped. leave, tell anyone who want to follow the same. defuse and ditch the DDD when far enough away.
That's a crazy ridiculous plan and might even actually work.

But I also have a feeling it violates the spirit of this stealth game. Also it might communicate the wrong message to Alice and particularly Emily.
We've been all about keeping people alive, we've even worked pretty hard to ensure Bob got to keep his little "Alive" sticker.

And then just to win a game we put Bob's life at risk? We decide to hold Bob hostage? We threaten the lives of everyone inside?

Sure, we all know it's just a game, Alice and Emily included. But still. It might be rather unnerving for them.
Though potentially quite thematically appropriate.

I think it's a crazy idea, and I'm willing to vote for plan one-man-cold-war if other people want to go nuts and vote for it too.
But otherwise I'mma vote for Xoleuph's earlier stated loadout:
(08-09-2017, 10:02 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »I guess this is what I will go with then.

> weapon: compact crossbow with hookshot attachment
thermoptic suit
spy multitool
borescope
portable radar
(08-10-2017, 12:40 AM)Fellow Wrote: »>A semi-automatic shotgun with a silencer and taser rounds, A knife with a mirror polish, x-ray goggles, a grappling hook, a smoke bomb.

This is mostly MA's idea from the discord with me adding the smoke bomb.

Just in case it wasn't clear, I'm seconding this. (or firsting, since it was mostly originally my idea.)

I already wrote out a plan on the discord how we could get through the building without having to even go to the higher floor with these items in particular. Except for the smoke bomb, that was an extra empty slot that could have been whatever.

Basically it boils down to going through the vents (with the grappling hook if necessary) to get to the elevator, using the taser rounds to silently take down guards we come across with one shot. Then we drag their bodies to an out of the way place and permanently take care of them with the knife. The mirror polish is for looking around corners and from under doors so we don't get surprised.

After we get to the elevator it's more of the same, go through vents, take down guards silently, and that should get us to the target without needing to go get the keycard. Then we use the X-ray glasses to see if there's any alarms or traps (and I'm guessing the smoke bomb to see if there's any laser tripwires) and then we can either use the taser rounds to overload them, or just manually take care of them.

Theoretically, if we find a way to non lethally incapacitate the guards indefinitely we could also do a no kill run with this setup if we wanted to.
(08-15-2017, 07:46 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »using the taser rounds to silently take down guards we come across with one shot.

again, real life silenced or movie silenced makes a big difference.
if it is more akin to real life, the silencer will do almost nothing, your silent takedowns will be heard through half the complex.
(08-19-2017, 09:35 AM)Xoleuph Wrote: »
(08-15-2017, 07:46 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »using the taser rounds to silently take down guards we come across with one shot.

again, real life silenced or movie silenced makes a big difference.
if it is more akin to real life, the silencer will do almost nothing, your silent takedowns will be heard through half the complex.

Both kinda? Leaning more towards "movie silencer" though, given our premise. "Dream Silencer" might be more accurate though.

Those taser rounds are actually subsonic, so the loudest thing will be the action cycling, not the crack you would get from supersonic ammunition that has been suppressed. The action cycling isn't THAT loud (speaking from experience) on a gun that has been tuned for subsonic ammo. If you happen to have a semi-auto shotgun handy, lock back the bolt and then hit the bolt release. It's noticeably softer than that, since the springs are weaker to account for the lower recoil.

Aside from that, everything will work how Daydream would imagine it to since she's creating them. Considering she's a Canadian teenager and therefore has probably not been exposed to guns in real life or ever did any research of note into them, and has been repeatedly exposed to movies and dream guns (neither of which are loud enough to damage her hearing), I think she'll expect it to be totally silent so therefore it will be.
(08-24-2017, 06:51 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »Those taser rounds are actually subsonic, so the loudest thing will be the action cycling, not the crack you would get from supersonic ammunition that has been suppressed. The action cycling isn't THAT loud (speaking from experience) on a gun that has been tuned for subsonic ammo. If you happen to have a semi-auto shotgun handy, lock back the bolt and then hit the bolt release. It's noticeably softer than that, since the springs are weaker to account for the lower recoil.

the ammo going supersonic isnt the only loud thing. bullets are propelled by gunpowder, which is basically an explosive. that is loud too, even if slower bullets require less gunpowder.

unless taser rounds are something completely different and you mean something closer to an actual taser. though that would create its own set of problems, like the inability to taser more than one person at a time, with a "cooldown" of a few seconds between shots.
Bob: compact crossbow with hookshot attachment, thermoptic suit, spy multitool, borescope and portable radar

[Image: T7ckgYR.png]

You open up the briefcase and discover a Crossbow that can fold in and out, along with 5 bolts and a hookshot attachment. A multi-use tool, which comes with a blade, a saw, and a screw driver flat head. A "borescope" which can be used to look into very small spaces or bend vision around walls. A thermoptic suit which masks your heat signature and refracts light making you seem invisible to the naked eye as well as thermal goggles. And lastly, a portable radar which can detect heat sources of the human variety.

You are now ready to begin your mission, what will you do first?

(Because bob can see all commands, the more popular choices will get picked, else first come first serve)
>Wait for the guards to leave
Bob: Wait for the guards to leave

[Image: bptz64J.png]

You move your position to behind a tree. Moments later, the guards begin their rounds...
>Bob: Use the blade from your multitool to silently take out the guard on the right.
Bob: Use the blade from your multitool to silently take out the guard on the right

[Image: YkKa9q6.png]

You come up on the right guard. SHANK. You force your blade tool through their back. Blood spits back at you from the attack.

[Image: bgJbU7v.png]

The guard has been successfully murdered. You remain undetected.
>Bob: Go to the left side of the building and use your borescope to look behind the building.

Let's see if that guard is facing our side. He'll discover his dead buddy on his way back, so he needs to die.
> Check the dead guard for useful items, like key pass and weapons, then hide the body
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
>Bob: Loot his hat too.
> Can you carry the body with you as you grapple to the roof?
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
I don't like that we're killing! We gotta do a no death run, guys! Just club em over the head with a blackjack!
(08-25-2017, 09:30 PM)Shadowfyst997 Wrote: »I don't like that we're killing! We gotta do a no death run, guys! Just club em over the head with a blackjack!
We don't have a blackjack, and unless we learn necromancy our killcount can only be 1 or higher.
(08-25-2017, 06:49 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »>Bob: Loot his hat too.
> and those sweet shades.

oh right, before I forget:
> put on thermoptic suit.
(08-25-2017, 09:42 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »oh right, before I forget:
> put on thermoptic suit.
We shouldn't put on the thermoptic suit if we're gonna be handling a bloody corpse, bloodstains on your invisibility cloak will make it a lot less useful.
(08-25-2017, 09:49 PM)Fellow Wrote: »We shouldn't put on the thermoptic suit if we're gonna be handling a bloody corpse, bloodstains on your invisibility cloak will make it a lot less useful.

good point.

also, looking back, is it just me or is bob a little too happy when shanking that guard? it feels a little creepy.
Bob: Go to the left side of the building and use your borescope to look behind the building

[Image: TZhEF0b.png]

You scurry over to the left side of the complex, you break out your borescope to see around the corner.

[Image: lsWkF8b.png]

They carry on. Not a care in the world.
>crossbow em
>Bob: Shoot him in the head with your crossbow.