Flashback: A Short Experimental Adventure (3/10)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SpoilerShow

[Image: 1.png?dl=0]

It happened years ago, now, on the roof of your old high school. Alys and Claire insisted you come.

You were reluctant, but you knew better than to let it show. They trusted you deeply. After all, you were_

RE: Flashback: A Short Experimental Adventure (1/10)
>An 18th Century miniature aged mahogany german piano with a silver finish
SpoilerShow
> sure that everything would make a turn for the absolute better!
>Their mentor and confidant. Shattering their trust would also shatter their worldview.
(06-11-2017, 06:42 PM)typeandkey Wrote: »>Their mentor and confidant. Shattering their trust would also shatter their worldview.

You are an assassin.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
another big-eyed anime babe, just like them. it's hard out there for a moe and you gotta stick together
>their sister
> literally their guardian angel.
SpoilerShow

2/10

After all, you were their mentor, confidant, and half-sister to boot. They'd never killed before, let alone from a distance. There were only two years between you... but at that age, two years felt like twenty.

"You're graduating soon," said Claire in the stairwell, holding your hand. Even at 16 she stumbled over the sharp consonants and molten vowels of the Hidden Tongue. "I want you to see how far we've come before you go. The fruits of your... our... labor."

"This is supposed to be your moment," you replied. She squeezed your hand. Her eyes were large and hopeful, too, so you conceded with a sigh. "Okay, but I'll pretend I'm not there. I'm already worried my presence might get in the way."

"It won't."

There were only three hours left before the school roof became inaccessible. You cut English to meet them in the storage room under the library. The twins used their spare. To this day, you feel bad for your lacking enthusiasm—but they_
> immediately forgave you, which always struck you as odd considering what happened to them in the next three hours.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
>Were used to it. It's not in your nature to get overly excited. Serious since the day you were born.
(06-14-2017, 12:01 AM)NonAnalogue Wrote: »> immediately forgave you, which always struck you as odd considering what happened to them in the next three hours.

I'll go for this.
Does really cute mice people, vibrant characters/backgrounds and the most adorable art style you've ever seen interest you? Read Great Haven.

Have you ever wanted to save a bunch of kids from dying horribly in a nightmare dreamscape? Read Lucidstuck
RE: Flashback: A Short Experimental Adventure (2/10)
3/10

To this day, you feel bad for your lacking enthusiasm—but they immediately forgave you, which strikes you as odd, given what happened in the following hours. You didn't realize until later how vital your presence was to their success.

You hated the storage room. It smelled of mothballs, bleach, and old paper, though you'd only seen the latter first-hand. You three huddled around Alys' phone and reviewed the notes she'd amassed over several months' worth of divinations.

At 2:46 PM, the mark would look out the 53rd window of the office building across the road. A traffic accident Claire engineered would catch their eye, and they'd pop their head past the window frame for a closer look. Alys would whistle sharply. The mark would look her way, and their eyes would meet, and just like that—

"I wonder what they taste like," said Claire, giddy. "Souls."

"Depends on the person."

"What do you think this one's flavour will be?"

"I don't know." You tried sounding disinterested. They shouldn't have cared so much for your opinion; not under three hours from their inaugural kill. You rubbed your brow and prayed for patience. "We have to get to the roof. Do you have elevator passes?"

Alys pulled one from her pocket.

"Claire?"

"I couldn't get one." She shrugged. "We'll find a way around it. Don't worry."

You worried anyway. The twins wouldn't appreciate that until their plan turned pear-shaped, and for the moment you ignored their oversight. Poor things. Looking back, you wish you hadn't.

"We'll see if you can use mine. I might not come up with you after all, if that's what it takes."

You offered Claire the tattered card. She hesitated. This frustrated you: acquiring an elevator pass wasn't easy for someone who really should've been in class. You only managed to wrangle one from the office by_
RE: Flashback: A Short Experimental Adventure (3/10)
telling the most elaborate story, but it ended with you killing someone to get it instead.
Choking out its original owner after a long hand-to-hand fight, then hiding them in a broom closet. You were injured slightly, and they'll be discovered in about 20 minutes or so, so time is of the essence here.

Finding the filing cabinet with all the deactivated elevator passes, then hijacking an administrator's computer to reactivate the one you nabbed.
[Image: 6LGz4x9.png]
>Breaking and entering