Clue: Murder At Tudor Mansion [Killer Unmasked]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Image: ibuBo6yo5uJn2N.png]

I'm going to be hosting a game of Clue on these forums, having recently dashed out the materials to do so. They're fairly bare bones, but show all the required stuff. Normal rules of Clue will be observed, and I'll post these in the thread shortly.

This is where you, the potential players, sign up to join! Marvelous.

This will operate on a first come first serve basis, and the game will begin one we've got at least four, with six players as a maximum. To sign up, simply state the character you wish to play. (This determines the order of play.)

In order of first to move to last to move, the available characters are:

1. Miss Scarlet (Woffles)
2. Colonel Mustard (Gnauga)
3. Mrs Black (PickYerPoison)
4. Mr Green (Schazer)
5. Mrs Peacock (soundlyParanoid)
6. Professor Plum (MalkyTop)

I'll post flavour information and such later, as I'm currently rushing to get this finished before Sherlock begins. Apologies.
RE: Clue: Murder At Tudor Mansion
I demand Professor Plum dammit
Dammit Malky
Colonel Mustard, I guess.

EDIT:
HOLD UP A GODDAMN SECOND
[Image: GX0qx.gif]
Colonel Adam Mustard
Chief of Security at Sarif Industries
[Image: xwldX.gif]
I'll take Mrs. Peacock then.
Ooh Mr Green
Darnit, guess I'm Mrs. Black.
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
I expected this to take longer than a few hours so I'm going to flail about a bit and attempt to finish stuff up.

aaaaaa
On 12 January, during what was agreed by all to be the coldest winter they could remember, a small dinner party was held at Tudor Mansion. The host was Mr Black, the inordinately wealthy owner of Blacks Industries, a glowingly successful company started by the man's deceased father. Five guests plus his wife were assembled on that fateful night: the well known schmoozer Miss Scarlet, the celebrated war hero Colonel Mustard, the blue-blooded Mrs Black, the gambler Mr Green, Black's sister Mrs Peacock, and that person known as Professor Plum.

The number present on that bitterly cold January night was seven. By morning, only six of them were still alive.

The police were called in, and the investigation began in earnest. Meanwhile, the press exploded with stories and speculations concerning the murder of the illustrious Mr Black. There were many theories as to who was guilty. Most focused on Mrs Black, who had apparently only married her late husband for his money while he had married her for her noble title. (Mr Black had always been sensitive about his father's lower class origins.)

Others believed Miss Scarlet had been blackmailing the victim, and had panicked and killed him when matters got out of hand. It was no secret that she earned most of her money through the careful amassing of secrets, although it was nothing anybody could actually prove. (The paper that speculated her to be the murderer as a result of this blackmailing quickly found itself at the uncomfortable end of a libel case.)

Some pointed the finger of suspicion at Mr Black's sister, Mrs Peacock. When their parents had both died in a car accident a few years ago, her older brother had received the company, several properties and a large chunk of a family wealthy. Mrs Peacock, however, received only a single sum of cash. While it was nothing to be sniffed at, she was widely regarded as having been snubbed. Her relationship with her brother became substantially more rocky after the demise of their parents, and only recently have they begun talking to each other again.

Several felt that Mr Green's status as Mr Black's gambling friend made him sufficiently dubious. Mr Black's incredible wealth was well known, and it seems likely that his bets would have been similarly huge. It would be very easy to get into debt with a man like that, and Mr Green would be the perfect candidate for doing so. And what better way to get debts waived than to kill the debtor?

Almost nobody suspected Colonel Mustard, despite rumours of 'meaningful looks' he had exchanged with Mrs Black on several occasions. The man was a war hero and held a glittering a military career, one that had ended in honourable discharge following a leg injury. And even fewer were even aware or cared who Professor Plum was. (Professor Plum always ended up at high profile parties, despite having no links to anyone in these social circles. It was simply because he had always been invited to everything as far back as anybody could care to remember. If Professor Plum wasn't present, then it just wasn't right.)

In short, nobody had any idea who committed the murder. Leads in the investigation eventually petered out, newspapers found other stories to cover and eventually the murder of Mr Black was forgotten by the public.

But those who had been there on January 12th remembered. No one was ever quite sure who started the discussion, but as the anniversary of the man's death approached the six found themselves agreeing to meet once more at Tudor Mansion. On the 12 January, they would relive that night and uncover the truth once and for all.

_ _ _

Rules

1. Mr Black was murdered a year ago. His body was found in one of the rooms of Tudor Mansion. The aim of th[/size]e game is to uncover three facts: who committed the murder, what weapon they used and in what room this took place.

2. There are 21 cards in total. One of each of the 6 suspects (Miss Scarlet, Colonel Mustard, Mrs Black, Mr Green, Mrs Peacock and Professor Plum), one for each of the 6 weapons (the Knife, the Candlestick, the Revolver, the Spanner, the Rope and the Lead Pipe) and one for each of the 9 rooms in Tudor Mansion (the Hall, the Lounge, the Dining Room, the Kitchen, the Ballroom, the Conservatory, the Billiard Room, the Library and the Study).

One of each type of card is removed from play. These three cards represent the facts of the case that the players are attempting to find out.

The remaining 18 cards are split equally among the players. In a six player game, each will receive 3 cards.

3. The order of the turns is as follows: Miss Scarlet, Colonel Mustard, Mrs Black, Mr Green, Mrs Peacock and finally Professor Plum.

4. In normal games of clue the first turn would start with the first player rolling the die. As that won't work here, I will instead provide a random number between 1 and 6 to represent this. Any time a player's turn starts and they are not inside a room, I will assume they want to roll the die and will state the number. Any other time that the players wishes to roll a die they must state their intent, and then I will give them the result.

5. The number rolled tells the players how many spaces they may move on the board, and they must describe which space they wish to move to. This is all that can be done during a turn until a room is entered. Rooms may only be entered through doors, and the room will count as a space in terms of the player moving onto them. For example, if there are two spaces between a player's piece and a door, 3 or higher must be rolled for them to be able to enter the room. If a player is standing in a space, no one may move through this space even if they are blocking a door.

6. Once a room is entered by a player, that same player must make a suggestion. They do this by stating that they want to make a suggestion, then naming a suspect, a weapon and the room they are in. This is their suggestion for the facts of the murder. The suggested suspect will be moved to the suggested room. The player after the suggester in the playing order must say if they can or cannot disprove this suggestion. A suggestion can be disproved if the player holds one or more of the cards involved in the suggestion. If the player after the suggester cannot disprove the suggestion, the next player in the playing order must say if they can or cannot disprove the suggestion, and so on until someone can.

If someone is able to disprove the suggestion and none of the players before them have been able to, they must show the suggester the card they possess that will disprove their suggestion. They do this by PMing the card image to the suggester (I must be CC'd in the PM, just so that I have a record of what's going on). If they have more than one card that will disprove the suggestion, they must show only one of their choice.

For example: Mr Green enters the Library, and suggests that the murder was done there by Mrs Black with the Revolver. Mrs Black's piece is moved to the Library.

Mrs Peacock, the next person in the playing order, has the following cards: Miss Scarlet, the Knife and the Spanner. None of these cards were mentioned in the suggestion, so she is unable to disprove it. She states that she cannot disprove the suggestion.

Professor Plum is after Mrs Peacock in the order of play and he, however, has these cards: the Library, Mrs Black and the Rope. He states that he can disprove the suggestion. He has two cards that will do so, so he has the option of which one he wishes to show Mr Green.

Miss Scarlet says nothing, because the suggestion has already been disproved. It is the end of Mr Green's turn.

7. No player may stay in the same room for two consecutive turns. However, leaving the room on one turn and re-entering on the next is acceptable, as the piece will be outside the room for one turn.

8. A player has three possible options during their turn. They can roll the die, go through a secret passage or make a suggestion.

Rolling the die must be done at the start of a turn, but must not be done if the player wishes to remain in the room (if they were moved into the room as a result of a suggestion after their last turn) or if they wish to go through a secret passage. If the die is rolled, the player must move the number of spaces that is the result of the turn.

Going through a secret passage can only be done if the room they are in has a secret passage attached. The secret passage in the Kitchen will lead to the Study, and vice versa, while the secret passage in the Conservatory will lead to Lounge and in reverse also.

When a player enters a room they were not in the previous turn, they must make a suggestion. Only one suggestion per turn is allowed, and the turn ends once the suggestion has been disproved or once the players have failed to disprove it.

9. To win the game, an accusation must be made. These can be made at any point during play, and must clearly be stated as an accusation. The accusing player must then state the facts of the case they believe to be true (the missing cards): the murderer, the murder weapon and the location of the murder.

If the accusation is correct, I will reveal the cards as stated and the player who made the accusation will win the game. If the accusation is incorrect, the player loses the game. They must remain on hand until the end of the game to disprove any suggestions that involve their cards.

SpoilerShow
RE: Clue: Murder At Tudor Mansion [Dealing Cards]
Check!
quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur.
Cards?
I got that.
Whatever, I'm going to have faith in my ability to not screw up at the first hurdle. Starting now.

[Image: iXLQpOE9FK7Hr.png]

Woffles goes first. She rolls a 1.

Such an empty looking board
RE: Clue: Murder At Tudor Mansion [Started]
the sheer amout of possibilities is scary but I think I'll move down before I get a choice aneurysm
[Image: ibvhRgp5yHYwB8.png]

Gnauga's turn. A 1 is rolled and a mod flinches.
:<
I'll move west.
Are diagonals allowed in this version?
That's a good question!

The answer is no, unfortunately.

[Image: iRi2AZVJLzO0C.png]

Pick Yer Poison rolls the die. He gets a 6.
Sorry for being so late I was playing Amnesia

NEENNN (the space right below the eastern door to the ballroom)
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
[Image: ibasEUS5F1vhVc.png]

Schazer's turn. A 6 is rolled and I suspect random.org may be screwing with me.
NWW, NNN.
[Image: ibgJ6Wakggt4Q3.png]

A 2 is rolled for soundlyParanoid.
Oh my. I move two right.
[Image: i5IbYd6xiOlI2.png]

MalkyTop: 5!
Professor Plum (just what is he a professor of, really?) meanders absentmindedly towards the Study and stops just two spaces short of the door.
[Image: ibn7OocWjTYs0u.png]

Woffles rolls a 4.
Ssssstraight down!
[Image: ibhvndnB61WNG1.png]

A 5 for Gnauga.