Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
I didn't convince myself Vic was mafia. That's gotta count for something, right?

Also, I just realized. Did Affle win, or did he lose?
(07-15-2014, 04:42 PM)Granolaman Wrote: »Yeah I'm pissy, I spent all of D4 trying to convince you people that Acio was scum and you didn't listen. By D5 I was so fed up with all of the sheeping that the only possibility that made sense to me was that the sheep were scum. Eido, Garuru, please take something away from this game.

Man the sad thing is I would have been all for an Acionyx lynch but then you started screaming about how I have to be scum and why won't we lynch acionyx already and that made me so sure you were scum.

I mean really the case against Acio at D4 basically boiled down to "He's not town!cio, he's scum!cio" so I just wasn't convinced enough I guess.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Quote:nearly lynched D1, but I was also on every lynch wagon ever (and we didnt hit scum)

To be fair in a more average game speedchuck and donut wouldn't have been fastlynched and might have squeezed out and had you after other targets

Days four eh not so great but that was more or less a classic seedy play

Day five? My claim was pretty much crafted to work off of people's hatred of being wrong; after lynching pala I'm pretty sure no one in the game /wanted/ to be wrong and the second half of my claim gave everyone the chance to believe they weren't

And then I buddied the shit out of you when granola started making conspiracy theories
Who are you quoting?
Garu's quicktopic
@Garu
Dude, you are basically the only one (with MOTG) responsible for actually killing a mafioso. I wouldn't throw too much blame on yourself.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the colour of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently-some would say, more correctly. I'm a person. Bret's a person. You're a person. That person over there is a person. And each person deserves to be treated like a person." - Jemaine Clement
Dratini I was quiet but definitely not lurky I don't think? I posted ~10 times per game day on average I think so...
Urgh, don't take my bitterness too seriously. I'm a grumpy and curmudgeonly old fart and I need to be better at not taking these games too far.
@Cat

Post count doesn't matter when your posts are completely empty.

You had the same impact on town if you didn't make a single post.

It's exasperating to play with because you can't form a read on a player if there's no content to read them based on - so you're forced to just eventually lynch or vig them based on them being an empty slot that could fit into every single scumteam, if you have a lot of town reads.

I'd call that more active lurking than pure lurking, but...it's still lurking.
r.i.p.
SpoilerShow
I'll admit I chuckled at your user title Affle. Nice going, have some more confidence in yourself n' post more next game :3
thanks, and I am surprised anyone even noticed it

I'll maybe join another mafia but I am very shy around people and joining this even though I was hyped for it was a huge effort because interacting with people I dont know is aaaaaaaa

also @smash ball I lost? but I won as Affle v2 so I guess I am both a loser and a winner
SpoilerShow
@Affle: I think what matters most about your initial performance is you didn't throw the game as an inexperienced new player (which I've done quite a few times >_>). Plus, you got to experience both sides via the replacement system, even if your experience as the mafia was short lived.

Not to mention you got to see some of the great things in scumchat before everyone else did.

[Image: TouNaZX.png]
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
The scumchat was fun but I found Acio thinking I would hammer the Granolalynch somewhat insulting.

(Sorry, I know I keep going on about that lynch, I'm just frustrated I never got the chance to intervene while it was still going on.)
The Granola lynch was hysterical. (Sorry Nola)
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the colour of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently-some would say, more correctly. I'm a person. Bret's a person. You're a person. That person over there is a person. And each person deserves to be treated like a person." - Jemaine Clement
(07-15-2014, 08:41 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote: »The scumchat was fun but I found Acio thinking I would hammer the Granolalynch somewhat insulting.

(Sorry, I know I keep going on about that lynch, I'm just frustrated I never got the chance to intervene while it was still going on.)

Less that I was thinking you'd hammer it and more that you were basically the only person left who had a chance of doing so (you'll notice I just had kiven scumhammer when i realized he wasn't on the lynch already)
Coming back to find that hammer was probably the biggest "oh, fuck" moment I've had in any mafia game ever, the second biggest one being when Pala was lynchjanitor'd. Playing kingmaker day 4 was also probably the most stressful thing I've done in any mafia game ever. Like "having problems sleeping and being afraid of rechecking the forums next morning" levels of stressful (and when I finally did I discovered that Pilot still hadn't posted the result, talk about anticlimax). I had to keep reminding myself that even if my target flipped town we would lynch the other one the next day anyway (so, yeah).
(07-15-2014, 05:19 PM)Mister Visceral Wrote: »Now everyone go sign up for magichunt.
I forward this message to the next page.

Scumchat was hilarious, for sure. Definitely worth reading back through.
I find it interesting how nervous everyone was in scumchat compared to the steamroll that the game turned out to be. Although since they didn't know MV was a 3p going all in like that was actually a pretty risky move, or would have been if they didn't have access to two unused daykills.
I think it was because we thought smash ball getting daykilled would be the early straw that broke the camel's back when really the camel was just stopping for a drink of water so it could bust through a fence or something idk
I was so, so sold on Supah scum, but that 3p marker claim was 'Yeah, alright, fine'.
That marker claim was a perfect goddamn storm though. It was beneficial to use on scumfriends, because it blocked investigations without roleblocking, and if the marker claim flew the mob would be reluctant to turn a 3p against them and lynch the marks (I.e Acio)

The one thing really working against that claim was the flavour, wherein there was no way in hell plotwise the torchings weren't of scum origin.

Then again if you'd all forced a mass-flavourclaim Aci might have been forced to expose themselves as a policeman, and consequently the source of the jammed flips. Aci himself was saying he didn't want to risk particular janitorings because the day end flavour would incriminate him too badly, but town just went "muh alright".
...people read day end flavor?
Usually, yes.

Depending on the game it may or may not have relevant information.
Shit yeah, I already mentioned but if I had been town (especially one without a power role) I would be dissecting the shit out of any bone the mod was going to throw me.

I probably would've had some eyebrow-raisers like demanding whoever was Lyncroft speak up, but that's my aesthetic or some shit.