Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
I could see Town!Schazer finding all the voyeurist/flavour aspects like the investigatives, photographs, obliterations and junk as worthy of spending far too much time dwelling on, so it's interesting that none of that was ever really used to form cases on people.

I was frankly astounded that town didn't notice any correlation between Smash Ball's flip and the death-flavour on the following day. I would've been hopping and up and down yelling for a consensus on what happened there (also the lynchjanitorings)

E: I guess the Smashbliterations were pretty obscene considering they'd only trigger on town visiting roles?
@donut: Well it didn't help that your role did seem more or less worthless as town.

And you were acting kind of scummy.

I don't really regret lynching you but I will admit it was (obviously) a mistake.
Also:

(07-15-2014, 04:13 PM)Acionyx Wrote: »The granola lynch had way less to do with effective misleading than it had to do with him antagonizing people instead of convincing them

True, but that shouldn't have any real effect on why people are (mis)lynched - it was so insane how quickly people turned from wanting to lynch you to going after Granola just because he dared to suggest that Garuru could be scum.
I just rechecked the votals, the only one still voting Acio except me was Granola himself and a 3p. Though I guess I can't complain too much since I'm the one who fucked up day 4Meloncholy
The game was finished on a Garuru lynch for the mafia win? I wanted him brutally murdered, but this ending is better.

EDIT: Cat wanted to wait for a pagetopper before voting Garuru. Some things aren't worth risking for pagetoppers!
@Druple: Eh, I would have voted Pala too at that point.

@Pala: He was suggesting to people who know they're town that a townfirm is part of the scumteam along with them. Surely you can see how that's not going to win him many townpoints. His D1-D3 play didn't help much either.

Oh, and Pala, would you mind explaining to me why you thought pretending there was another kill in the game was a good idea? Like, I get fake hinting when you're about to go into the night to soak a kill, but why do it when you're getting lynched?

@Schazer: I wanted to murder you for that Doc claim D2. I didn't even protect Dini that night!

EDIT: Actually, I don't think I protected anyone at all. I even wasted two nights on Acio.
Yeah I'm pissy, I spent all of D4 trying to convince you people that Acio was scum and you didn't listen. By D5 I was so fed up with all of the sheeping that the only possibility that made sense to me was that the sheep were scum. Eido, Garuru, please take something away from this game.
A+ flavor, A+ performance, A+ game. I loved it. I think my favorite part about the game was our heart attack in scumchat at the end.
Great game TehPilot, decent game scum (cat luuuuuuuuurk >:< ), oh god why town (including myself d2, to be fair)
@Oz: Kehkehkehkehkehkeh

But naw I was originally docbaiting with that, yeah. My eventual retraction was going to be was that I was a backup doctor searching for actual doctor, making... Mirdini the doctor in my fake scenario? And I... worked with glaringly obvious automotive vehicles. For some reason.

I really struggle as scum if I don't have a lie solid enough that I can believe it. I was half-assing the game just hoping town would go at each others' throats long enough that I could eventually find a nice niche to fit a lie inside.
(07-15-2014, 04:20 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »True, but that shouldn't have any real effect on why people are (mis)lynched - it was so insane how quickly people turned from wanting to lynch you to going after Granola just because he dared to suggest that Garuru could be scum.

that's because

a. there was no way in hell Garuru was actually a scum traitor (did anyone else actually read the daykill flavor?)

b. He wasn't suggesting, he was shouting from the rooftops that ALL those people that ended up lynching him were scum. It wasn't just Garuru.

I mean, I can't blame Granola because with their play that day I was having a hard time believing they weren't scum (and the fact that no-one was lynching Acio for being obv!scum was annoying to me I can't imagine how infuriating it was for Nola) but blargh.

(07-15-2014, 04:31 PM)OzTheWizard Wrote: »@Schazer: I wanted to murder you for that Doc claim D2. I didn't even protect Dini that night!

Did you just forget about that claim on later days or....

I mean okay D2 I can see not wanting to counter a doc claim but as the game wore on and we kept lynching town? Definitely worth trading your life for a scum catch, especially considering how confusing things were and how mafia obviously had piercing kills.
Also I'm a bit grumbly for how the lynchjanitoring and the obliterations essentially turned this into a Hunt-lite, but that's more about my preferences in gametype than it is about the game itself.
Night actions are up, for the interested.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
Looking back, Oz's vote was the only town one I received after gunning for Garuru. Garuru and Eido both hopped on before that with the reasoning that they still thought Acio was town and I was bad for trying to point that out.

Oz was justified, the others were not.
hahahahahahaah

Mirdini (6) (Granolaman, Affle, Druplesnubb, smash ball, Schazer, Acionyx)

In retrospect I really should've lynched you d2 Acio, this wagon
I was aiming for a town win until lylo. I had no clue why we were lynching Granola. I was actually really surprised when that happened.

But I'm satisfied, even with the "easy" win. I wouldn't have won if I hadn't predicted maker's death. :3 I was scared I might die last night just because I was onto Acio but luckily they killed Stiq!

Amazing flavor, TehPlot. That name for you rings earned. Some innovative roles, too. Mod MVP. Also Garu MVP good job!

Now everyone go sign up for magichunt.
Really the only reason my vote was still parked on Mirdini D1 was that I wasn't online. It was also funny seeing people trying to go at who I was buddies with D1 because I tagged onto other town members and not any mafia members.

I was surprised at how many vanilla roles you had in this game, considering that Retrocausality 2 was loaded with two scum teams and a 3p marking role. The writing was top notch though.
(07-15-2014, 05:19 PM)Mister Visceral Wrote: »But I'm satisfied, even with the "easy" win. I wouldn't have won if I hadn't predicted maker's death. :3 I was scared I might die last night just because I was onto Acio but luckily they killed Stiq!

That made the last day /amazing/ because I was so close to killing you from mistakenly thinking it would work out regardless of survival

then I did the math and realized that anyone who actually thought through lylo/mylo with kiven would realize that he should be lynched period so there was no reason not to just keep town from being able to pull itself over the corpsepile
Yeah and honestly if we had lynched you, I would have pushed an Oz lynch the next day anyway. You had that one set up nicely.

Hey Pala and Stiq, can you guys like not try and convince yourselves that I'm mafia when I'm not? That's getting kind of annoying. :U
Great game! A pity I kind-of suicided by not putting any thought into my questions/posts. Sorry about that, I get careless as town. I don't feel bad about parking on Cat the whole game either.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the colour of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently-some would say, more correctly. I'm a person. Bret's a person. You're a person. That person over there is a person. And each person deserves to be treated like a person." - Jemaine Clement
I believed in you Vic ;-;
(07-15-2014, 05:52 PM)Mirdini Wrote: »I believed in you Vic ;-;

[Image: 7m13mVV.gif]
Wow I sure do feel stupid now. Good job scum! And sorry, Granola. Sorry to the rest of the town as well. I somehow feel responsible for town's loss, what with the constant mislynching.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Hey Vic you weren't town though so I think I was close enough :3
I thought you did fine, Garu. You just have to ~resist the OMGUS~

it gets easier