Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [19/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY ONE: Word On The Street]
unggggggh honestly that was just so obvious that im actually having a hard time believing he's scum
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
(06-20-2014, 02:40 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »Vote: makerofthegames

one guy accuses of you of buddying and you ftfo, scramble and jump on the wagon they're pushing?

gotta say it seems like you've got some to hide.

No, I'm just pissed at my buddy IRL
...so you decide to lynch him?
Hell yeah.
Wait, did that make it sound like I'm mad at him out of game?
No, I meant I'm pissed at my IRL buddy.
Lynch: Garuaru
Well, what we're getting at here is that you instantly tried to distance yourselves from him as soon as someone called you both out on buddying, and even went so far as to put a vote on him. Such vehemence is... startling, to say the least. Being buddies IRL doesn't really excuse that I think. Probably best to leave meatspace out of these kinds of games in the future anyways.

Now, I'm still conflicted on whether you're scum or not. Like I said, it's a pretty huge scumslip, so I'm getting a feeling you're not being careful like scum would be doing. But then again, it is a specifically scummy slip. Let me think this over for a bit.
Yeah, I'm assuming my little personal lynch train won't go too far, being based on nothing. (seriously, had a midterm today tho, sry for no posts)

MV is playing differently than normal, but his normal style gets him lynched for some reason. He's not someone I want to lynch D1 for reasons hinted at in post 230 by Garuru.

I'm actually liking Garuru's playstyle. Don't know him, and he hasn't been perfect, but I'm leaning town.

@Druble
I know smash ball. No offense meant, but the question/answer thing seems like something he would do. He's just that passive. Some reason he doesn't vote people quickly. That said, smash ball, you're going to have to get a bit more aggro.

@motg
</3

Vote Cat because of post 229. I'll have more time for the game this weekend, but when I haven't had time, I haven't posted. This post is annoying to me.

Looking at a few people looking slightly scummier than others, mostly from general vibes. Oz and Druple, maybe.

Acio, nobody's (AFAIK) going to follow you on that vote till you back it up. I know you always do this, and it's usually for good reason, but come on. What.
this entire page is gold. Pure gold.

unrelated: Acio I know you're busy doing that kind of thing you do which would get you lynched if you were literally anyone but Acio but

are you sure we can't lynch cat just this once

she's even more cat than usual, I think.
Nah..
Mirdini (3) (icanhasdonut, Granolaman, Cat)
Granolaman (2) (Stiqqery, Truegreen)
Mister Visceral (1) (Acionyx)
Drupes (4) (Palamedes, Mister Visceral, Oz, Garu)
Mister Visceral (1) (SupahKiven)
Cat the Curious (3) (Schazer, Stiq, speedchucktaylor)
Everyone (0) (Garu)
Smashball (1) (Drupes)
Sneakchunk (1) (makerofthegames)
makerofthegames (1) (Mirdragonite)
Garuaru (1) (Acinonyx)

Abstaining (2) (smash ball, Ginx-sama, Affle)

With 19 alive, it takes 10 to lynch and 6 for softlynch
Deadline is June 20th, 10PM EST (~20 hours).

Schazer voted w/o comment

Stiq's vote was a "policy lynch" on "people who say vague things and don't post very often"
which applies to like. Beru and cat and that's p much it.

Aaaand speedchuck is claiming busy and catch-up and shit.

People who are on the cat wagon are guilty of avoiding an actual lynch. Which is especially egregious this late in the day.

Acio get off of Garu he's probably town.

Stiq has shown signs of reading the game and is, regardless, voting Cat for being Cat. And this is actually more helpful than I've seen her in a while.

Vote Stiqqery

This puts the leading wagon as a tie between Druplesnubb, Mirdini and Cat at a whopping three votes each. Druples is kind of a legitimate lynch and I'll switch back to that if we need to. All of Dini's votes are from snails who have yet to change their RVS votes. And Cat's lynch is pretty much a substitute for actually playing the game.

And that's what's going on thank you for tuning in.

Yours Viscerally,
Me
Ignore all of my mistakes in the votals.
Actually, just ignore all of my mistakes period.
Oh dang the deadline is in 20 hours

But yeah

Quote:Now that we've got that out of the way, I must say the Vic wagon is looking pretty terrible now. I know I started it and all but I never actually wanted a wagon? I mostly wanted to pressure Vic and see where that's going. Like, he's still scummy and I still disagree with Pala on the whole "scum bait" thing. Although I guess I could see Town!Vic doing weird things. Bah, whatever. I can totally see scum-baiting town!vic now. I was wrong, okay? No point clinging to my convictions, when they're like super wrong. I mean, at least I kind of helped with the scum baiting by accident, haha.

That one on it's own is ugh but between it and the earlier "didn't want to vote without hearing things out" it feels like he's trying to look like he's making things happen but without actually making things happen

Then a Thing happened aaaand he goes back to druplesnubb without commenting on any of the rest of the wagon

Related: what makes kiven and maker townier than droiple?
yeah okay I can get behind that

Vote: Garuru
Garuru waffles over Kiven and waffles over maker after I ask him for a stronger opinion. He then says he feels scummy things ('trying to avoid being lynched') about Kiven but he doesn't actually commit to a proper read on Kiven. Same deal with maker thus far.

For the record I also don't support Cat lynch.
(06-20-2014, 06:19 AM)Acionyx Wrote: »Related: what makes kiven and maker townier than droiple?

Because Drups already had a wagon built up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh and also because of that thing he did where he said he forgot he was voting me which I'm pretty sure is bullshit, from the reasons Pala outlined. And his sudden random calling out of Granola. I mean, if you want to get specific. But mainly it was the Vic vote right after mine. Like I said, it was sudden, and Vic was easy. He was probably trying to ask for my forgiveness or something. Anyways, yeah I guess I didn't feel more intensely on him than the likes of Maker or Kiven, at least not based on the Vic wagon. So my vote went to the one with the highest amount of votes.

Like, you have to remember, this is D1, and there isn't really much of anything to go on. Apparently, you people are so vehemently opposed to no lynching, thus, I become pressured to pick someone and vote. So, why not Drups? He already has people thinking he's scummy, and if I think he's a little bit scummy too, then this lynch can't go wrong.

I mean, sure of course I would vote someone else without a wagon! But I'd like to not scatter the votes around, otherwise we'll have a hard time lynching anyone at the end of today. Is this scummy play? Probably, and I'll probably be lynched for it.

For some reason, though, you guys are acting like it isn't D1, and we're already late enough in the game where I have to have proper opinions on everyone else with absolutely 0 waffling.

Well, here we go.

Kiven - Light scum, thanks to that thing I noticed where he doesn't want to seem committed.
maker - Probably town despite (or because of) that thing up top. My instincts are saying scum, though. See? Look at me waffling. It means I'm confused. But I'm going to commit to saying he's light town, at least until later in the game.
Drups - Light scum, thanks to being on the Vic wagon and also the reasons I outlined above.

Parking my vote right on Drups, until enough people switch to Kiven or convince me someone else is a better lynch today.
SpoilerShow

@Garuru - Yeah, I admit I've been rather noncommittal with my statements. The only real excuse I can give is 'I haven't played mafia in like a long time blublublubluh I'm so rusty', I'll try to do less of that and more not that.

Also Garuru, I guess, but this is kind of weird:

(06-20-2014, 09:20 AM)Garuru Wrote: »Because Drups already had a wagon built up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ... So my vote went to the one with the highest amount of votes.

This kind of stuck out to me, like, it seems like he's saying 'Yeah, I'm not really sure who to go for here, so I'll just stick my vote with the most popular lynch, yeah.' And that seems kind of off to me.

And there's the whole MOTG/Speedchuck thing that happened. I think I might say that MOTG is slightly worse because of how he just throws his vote at Speedchuck and kind of laughs it off (And it's also still there). Also Donut popped in and proclaimed the whole 'buddying' thing. So there's that. I think I'm going to Unvote and then Vote: icanhasdonut because he just popped in, voted for speedchuck (for stuff that looks like it happened in the semi-RVS) and also because I want to hear his catchup words (and also because I hope I'll be back before day end so that I can maybe get a new vote in).
(06-19-2014, 11:59 PM)Cat Wrote: »If Schazer's not gonna ask, I'm gonna ask -- why the vig thing? Scared?

I'm hoping you're not the vig because you wouldn't vig yourself. Fact Seagull
NOT A LOT OF HOURS REMAIN IN DAY ONE

like 11 or so hours

(I'll do votals when I finish these exams)
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
Done catching up. I'm not liking MOTG's reaction to donut's vote. And Kiven's looks worse for calling it out and then voting the one who made it happen.

And I don't quite get the case for a Garuru lynch. If I'm getting it right the case is basically that he's being wishy washy and self-important?
Flipping pages and accidentally copied something else before pasting my post again...time for a retype.

Quote:When you question someone you do not provide their own answers for them in the same damn post.
The question was never meant to be a 'gotcha' question by any means. I didn't ask the question so much for 'what reason', because I know most of the reasons. I was looking for 'why that reason'. I got what I hoped for out of the question. It wasn't so much to grill him as it was for my own knowledge.

Donut, I can't really see how MOTG and Speedchuck are being buddies past their introduction posts. Then again, they haven't made very many posts that have content, so maybe I missed something.

MOTG, holy overreaction...that's a lot of reaction going down in those posts. I'm surprised my computer monitor didn't crunch under the pressure of that strong reaction.

I'm leaning more town than scum on Garuru. Again, a few mistakes about not being specific enough or not clarifying what he meant well enough, but that's not a vote I can get behind unless someone brings out a 'slap in my face' reason.

Quote:He's just that passive.
I prefer the term gentleman! (this joke was the reason I had to retype my post)

Here are votals in the spoiler, with hopefully a few less errors:
SpoilerShow
Smash ball we have something like 10 hours left in the day to get a lynch happening. Your continued lack of anything resembling an attack on someone (much less a vote) seems questionable considering the time pressure we're under.
Speaking of which we have 9-10ish hours left in the day and I'm not especially convinced by any of the lynches (and neither, it seems, is anyone else). I'll be damned if I let this day default to a no lynch after all this play today though, and so I present someone who bailed out of the thread without so much as an excuse and still hasn't reappeared:

(06-19-2014, 07:39 PM)Affle Wrote: »Going to have to take my vote back, things are looking especially fishy on two fronts and I can't decide.
Time to wait it out, and see what happens.

Unvote

Vote: Affle

all aboard choo choo
I'm still not particularly happy with Garuru but considering the amount of people that have voiced a town read on him I'm pretty sure his lynch is not going to happen in the next 9 hours.

Also that Afflepost makes me dislike him even more than Garuru.
Deens is a haranguer; I'll probably be back D2 because of ~drving school~ so y'all can grill me tomorrow i f II

Vote: Affle