Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frozen Hearts Mafia [Family Ties - Mafia/Survivor Victory]
RE: [19/19] Frozen Hearts Mafia [DAY ONE: Word On The Street]
(06-19-2014, 09:16 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote: »But isn't everyone on Mirdini's wagon except you RVS voters who haven't joined the real discussion yet? I'd expect Donut and Cat to change their votes as soon as they post again. Speaking of which, Donut and Cat really should post again.
Fixed some typos, please ignore my previous post.
I am posting again.

I don't know if MV is scum because he acts super scummy literally every game.
And what about the rest that is going on?
Nah..
Right, okay.

vote: Druplesnubb

Now that we've got that out of the way, I must say the Vic wagon is looking pretty terrible now. I know I started it and all but I never actually wanted a wagon? I mostly wanted to pressure Vic and see where that's going. Like, he's still scummy and I still disagree with Pala on the whole "scum bait" thing. Although I guess I could see Town!Vic doing weird things. Bah, whatever. I can totally see scum-baiting town!vic now. I was wrong, okay? No point clinging to my convictions, when they're like super wrong. I mean, at least I kind of helped with the scum baiting by accident, haha.

Anyways, Drups kind of leaped immediately on Vic, possibly sensing an easy wagon about to form. Then came Kiven, who's barely posted, and maker. I don't see every one of these people as scum, though. Like, a thing that just occurred to me is that easy wagons lure in scum, but they also lure in new!town who are confused by everything else. The fact that Vic is posting votes with no comments is something that stands out.

And then there's Mirdini. I honestly am confused by him, because he's normally very level-headed when playing for both sides, but that quick vote and unvote was just weird.

So I'd say the Scumminess Ranking of that wagon goes:
Druplesnubb
SupahKiven
makerofthegames
Mirdini

I'm voting Drups because he was never really exonerated from my past suspicions of him (i.e. he was the lesser of two evils), and also because of the Vic vote.

Also, the ! is a character state identifier, not restricted to mafia use. I could say Town!Garuru, Drunk!Garuru, Lesbian!Fem!Garuru, etc.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
Vote: Cat

Also my adoption of it probably came from, in all shameful honestsy, Fandom Secrets (with its S!Bes and its B!Ses).

I like it because if you're tossing a bunch of terms around in a single post like town or scum and also using adjectives like scummy or townie then it mashes related words together. Sucks to be a programmer I guess????
(06-19-2014, 09:46 PM)Garuru Wrote: »And then there's Mirdini. I honestly am confused by him, because he's normally very level-headed when playing for both sides, but that quick vote and unvote was just weird.

So why is makerofthegames scummier than me on that wagon when you don't even mention him but find my actions 'weird'? I mean I thought my unvote post with appended reasoning (I was trying to to see if I could lure scum onto an awful wagon, people were being too reasonable and calling it out as such too early for that tactic to prove effective) would make them not-weird but what do I know.

But do tell (Vote:) Garuru, what's your thoughts on motg?
And then I notice you do mention him (abbreviating his name like that makes it very hard to see).

Still doesn't quite compute that you still find both maker and kiven scummier than me when you call them new!town while finding my play notably 'weird'. Kiven's posted more than nothing, what do you think of his posts so far?
@Schazer: I get your Cat vote (and I'm seriously hoping she's not the vig,) but do you have anything to say about everything else that's happened?

SpoilerShow
(06-19-2014, 11:02 PM)Mirdini Wrote: »And then I notice you do mention him (abbreviating his name like that makes it very hard to see).

Still doesn't quite compute that you still find both maker and kiven scummier than me when you call them new!town while finding my play notably 'weird'. Kiven's posted more than nothing, what do you think of his posts so far?

your play isnt scummy weird, its just plain weird. their reasoning could be either new!town or scum.

as for Kiven, nothing really stands out intensely in his posts (probably why i glanced over them) but he does act a bit uncertain and noncommitting at times. like... lots of question marks and no real scumhunting energy. i feel like he's maybe trying to avoid being lynched rather than trying to lynch Vic.
wait that was scum bait wasnt it?

you people
ebwop: meant to italicize but yes i would also like to lynch every one of you simultaneously.
(06-19-2014, 11:05 PM)OzTheWizard Wrote: »@Schazer: I get your Cat vote (and I'm seriously hoping she's not the vig,) but do you have anything to say about everything else that's happened?

Other than raising a reactionary eyebrow at why you had to mention that she was a vig, not especially. I vehemently hate D1 and am pessimistically assuming that basically everyone among Oz/Druple/Vic/Garuru/Pala/Truegreen/Smashball is town. At least until someone flips, either from lynch or N1kill, then I can actually look at how people talked to each other.
If Schazer's not gonna ask, I'm gonna ask -- why the vig thing? Scared?
It's probably easiest to use something like MOTG for makerofthegames, as 'maker' is a more common word...

Before we dive into things, I also want to say, some of the metagaming is annoying. I know it can be hard to avoid, but seriously.

Quote:@Smash Ball: Is this your first mafia game?
As for serious games, my second.

Quote:@Druple/Smash Ball are you guys scumbuddies.
No, my scumbuddy is Tehpilot. But thanks for asking.

Quote:But seriously that defence was a thing. Oz also hits it on the head and oh my god it feels weird to agree with him.
I know, but I personally did not agree with that particular reason Oz gave. As weird as you may find it, I'm going to now switch gears after Drupes since he posted.

Druplesnubb, here comes. We've got some discussion going on from the previous page, part of it involves you being the main attraction, and you post almost as if you're trying to slink away or something. Maybe not slink away, but enough just to show people that you're active. You have nothing to say to MV now that he's posted, even though you are voting for him? (TehPilot must have missed where you voted for MV, because that's the last person you voted for) You said you wanted him to answer a question, and yet you don't bring it up to him? Finally, do you have nothing to say to the people currently voting for you? Aside from the reason I didn't agree with, they've got other reasons that hold more weight. Sure, there might be some things where it's a mistake and you can't give a good explanation or reason, but still.

SupahKiven, I must say I do partly agree with Garuru. Pre-warning, I'm going to read a bit more into your post than what's at surface value. Judging by your past two posts, it seems that what you are saying makes sense. However, the way you say it makes it come off weak. It's like you have a question to ask, but you just don't want to say it out front.
(06-19-2014, 09:46 PM)Garuru Wrote: »Now that we've got that out of the way, I must say the Vic wagon is looking pretty terrible now. I know I started it and all but I never actually wanted a wagon? I mostly wanted to pressure Vic and see where that's going. Like, he's still scummy and I still disagree with Pala on the whole "scum bait" thing. Although I guess I could see Town!Vic doing weird things. Bah, whatever. I can totally see scum-baiting town!vic now. I was wrong, okay? No point clinging to my convictions, when they're like super wrong. I mean, at least I kind of helped with the scum baiting by accident, haha.
You seem like you're shrinking away from your previous words a bit too harshly for my taste. It's like you're trying desperately to coverup something that could be seen as a scumslip.

Rather, that's what you're doing, but you might be overreaching your apology because you're town.. but arguing that would be drinking the wine now, wouldn't it?

Serious Unvote. I don't know if you're scum or not, I feel like the whole vic thing was a waste of my time and I don't really like it.
As for Druple, his lack of explanation for everything is also very annoying right now. So for now, I'm not going to vote for anybody because nobody strikes me as more scum than anyone else

except speedchuck but I know him IRL and he always plays scummy.
Vic did answer my question, he said it was because of Oz apparently trying to frame Mirdini. He also uses the scumbait excuse for why he posted like he did, Which makes sense back when we were still in rvs, but less so during his wagonhop on me since I feel that was pretty much when we exited the rvs stage. He's still kinda meh to me but he has improved with his latest posts so I'll leave him for now.

The reason I haven't commented as much lately is because I waited for Smash Ball to give his answer, so I would know whether to vote for him or not, because that thing he did with Oz was literally the scummiest thing I've seen all game. When you question someone you do not provide their own answers for them in the same damn post. You basically hand them their own alibi and remove any chance of catching them with their pants down or forcing a scumslip, removing the entire point of questioning them to begin with. The only reasons for anyone doing that is 1) scum trying to save a buddy by showing him how to defend himself, 2) scum making sure their target can defend themself so they won't have to spearhead a townlynch, or 3) a first timer with no idea whatsoever of ho to play mafia. That this is SB's second serious game would have made it kinda borderline on whether he's just noobtown or not, if it wasn't for the unspecified number of "unserious" games that makes it fall over into suspicious as all hell. Vote Smash Ball. Do you have a better excuse than just "I didn't know any better", so we can put this all behind us?

I haven't really bothered to defend myself because almost no one has brought up any new arguments against me, so any defense would just be me repeating what I've already said. The only new thing is accusing me of wagonhopping Vic, which is kinda silly since I was already questioning him before the Garuru discussion even came up.

(06-19-2014, 09:41 PM)Cat Wrote: »Nah..
No really, I insist.
(06-20-2014, 01:03 AM)makerofthegames Wrote: »except speedchuck but I know him IRL and he always plays scummy.

is he as scummy in real life?
alright time to post things! Wait... crap. I think I forgot about this game.

Well I guess I'll do what I normally do and look at who isn't posting

Quote:Druplesnubb 25
makerofthegames 20
Garuru 20
TehPilot 19
Cat 18
Palamedes 16
Mirdini 15
Mister Visceral 13
speedchuck 13
Schazer 11
Granolaman 11
smash ball 10
OzTheWizard 8
Truegreen 8
icanhasdonut 6
Affle 5
SupahKiven 5
Ginx-sama 5
ElectroMan 5
Acionyx 3
Paranoia 2
SleepingOrange 2
Stiqqery 2
Eidolonic 1

I could... I could cry right now.

WELP TIME TO RECTIFY THIS CATASTROPHE

Hi I'm Stiq and I am a male white dude who is a person. I'm probably going to be lynched or almost lynched this game because I make bad decisions.

Unvote because at this time I have no legitimate interest in voting granolaman.

Vote: Cat because I've sort of lost track of this and I vehemently enjoy policy lynching people who say vague things and don't post very often.

Some thoughts: This entire concept of "MV is scumbaiting to help us get scum" sounds very much like "MV is attempting gambits he isn't qualified for and is getting day one aggro because he did something hella suspicious. Again."

I got a good feeling about this game.
(06-19-2014, 09:16 PM)Druplesnubb Wrote: »But isn't everyone on mirdini's wagon except you RVS voters who haven't joined the real discussion ye? I'd expect Donut and Cat to change their votes as soon as they post again? Speaking of which, Donut and Cat really should post again.
catchup and words in like a day and a half
(also unvote

vote speedchuck
Wanna elaborate on that vote?
i dislike him and motg buddy-buddying this much it's really not looking nice to me
hm, what? Speedchuck was buddying on me?
When did that happen?

gah. I should've told him before we started playing to keep IRL out of this. Announcing our relation doesn't add to anything, it just complicates things. :p Plus, now he's lurking.
Whatever Vote speedchuck, better than not having my vote on anyone.
Vote: makerofthegames

one guy accuses of you of buddying and you ftfo, scramble and jump on the wagon they're pushing?

gotta say it seems like you've got some to hide.
*something