Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 8: The Seven Habits Of Highly Dead People
alright, we have until tuesday so I think I can safely hop off (at least until shit gets sorted out) since that gif looked pretty sincere.
unvote
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Ehhhh Mirdini is the weirdest protect for night one considering he did pretty much all of nothing until he was shot night 2. Eberron also seems like an odd choice, especially considering how you saw Slorange as a complete townfirm.

Also I've seen scum claim doctor at this point and then wine town the next day when the survive which is eh. I'm always hesitant to believe doc claims this late in the game when they haven't stopped a kill.

(Then again we do still have the cop which could put a damper in there.)
we did have the one kill-free night D6, which could arguably be a doctor (or the doctor's) doing.
other possibilities: scum trades a nk for some bullshit, and schazer leverages that into also a doc claim, and there are in fact no real doctor to cc schazer.

Ok y'all have some tunes to vibe out while I rant for a bit

This is just excruciating/exasperating so here we go, laying stuff out for everyone's benefit. At this stage, there is a lot of stuff that I am extremely paranoid has reached the mafia's attention, and they aren't wanting to bring it up further so they can use it to their advantage/D9 victory.

I am Susan X. XXXX, the LOVE DOCTOR. I write the full gamut of works pertaining to love. Loving yourself, relationship advice, sex tips, whatever. It's all my jam. I can keep someone up aaaall night Winky (with my writing, you deviants), keeping them bright and perky and alert to any threats which might swing their way.

---

But enough about me, let's talk about the game! We're currently at 8 alive and in some kind of situation which isn't MYLO or LYLO, but a mislynch will toss us into a N8 where town could emerge in deep shit. We know for a fact that situation isn't three scum alive, because that's just straight-up MYLO. The most plausible explanation then is two scum and a survivor. In the event of a mislynch today and a nightkill tonight, that leaves six alive on D9. Assuming that the Survivor is not being a douchebag and is playing to win, hard-numbers wise they've got an obligation to side with the two scum, hang the vote, let the clock run out, and let scum kill a townie and win on D10.

The town could, at the D9 MYLO juncture, beg the survivor to work with them, but that means the Survivor has to help hammer one of the scum, whose partner is then well and truly justified in killing the survivor N9 out of spite. Also, as a player who was scum in Quarantine, that's a really dick move on a Survivor's part when victory is technically available following a D9 mislynch.

--

Sotek, Sotek, what the hell were you thinking Sotek? I mean, from your limited perspective of not knowing there was potentially a survivor (which, fair guff, I hadn't considered either), when you heard at day8start about the weird gamestate, you and your lover being the cause of it was the obvious conclusion. You wouldn't have been concerned about the implication for town if you had any doubt your lover was scum, and if you were scum it wasn't even worth mentioning because you'd never let your townfriend die. That's how I figured you were town. However! Whether it's six alive or five alive D9, three scum is still too many and two scum on their own is too few. The presence of a lover pair is actually irrelevant assuming best Survivor play. The only difference is that with regular death, it's a N9 scum+survivor victory, and with a lovers' death, it's a D9 scum+survivor victory.

---

Right now, D8, if the survivor doesn't reveal and we get a mislynch, the survivor's more or less won provided the scum don't accidentally shoot them tonight. My suggestion is this: Survivor please reveal, help us lynch scum today, I protect Sotek (sorry, I am still town) and eat the kill, and y'all can lynch the last mafia tomorrow.

All things considered, I think this causes the least confusion and gives town the best game plan leading into tomorrow.
(06-01-2014, 12:44 AM)Gnauga Wrote: »we did have the one kill-free night D6, which could arguably be a doctor (or the doctor's) doing.
other possibilities: scum trades a nk for some bullshit, and schazer leverages that into also a doc claim, and there are in fact no real doctor to cc schazer.

Nope! That was Garuru's bulletproof breaking.
Plus like the thing is I'm pretty sure Garu would've mentioned if the game had zero protect roles? Like, I can understand that he knew there was a protective role, and he didn't want to reveal its existence, but he would've warned us had there been literally zero protect roles, the better to stop scum from pulling a shitty claim further down the track.
Oh also also if you're not the survivor Pala, you need to die because we haven't had a scum roleblocker/rolefucker flip yet. And you're the only person without a clear right now sooooooo... yeah.
well that

is a claim.

hey pala are you gonna turn this into claimpartytown now or ... uh ... I don't know. convince me to do a voteshift?
Sotek I swear to fuck you better actually be a lover and I better actually be protecting your ass tonight otherwise that was exceptionally terrible play on my part
SCHAZER DID YOU REALLY
DID YOU REALLY HAVE THAT ICON WHILE
oh my god you must have just been cackling. you monster
im screaming

personally I wouldn't have mentioned if there were zero protect roles bc like then there would have been no hesitation on shooting donut the night after he claimed, but idk
either way garuru was continuing to be cagey about /something/ even after donut revealed so like...there had to be a pr out there unaccounted for, and in the absence of any other claims a doctor makes sense? esp. since with a maf busdriver and no nonscum killing roles other than the long-dead 3ps a scum doc is really unlikely

obviously a fakeclaim like this would be quite in the spirit of mylo for scum, but personally I believe schazer because it clicks with garuru's continued secrecy? unless someone thinks it was something else vOv

it does make me confused about that defense of pala tho like. still wondering where you're getting "2 scum should rush a lynch at h-3" from

anyways which do you think is likelier:
-one of schazer and pala is scum
-scum has a lawyer and guessed donut's checks right twice
-scum has two godfathers

because uh
eheheheh would you believe me if I said I chose it for aesthetics first and then realised the terrible terrible irony at the point where I thought "oh fuckballs I'm gonna have to claim"

No I'm saying wrt to Pala that, given the following caveats are all true:
-Pala is town
-Pala is not the survivor
-The survivor is paying attention
-The scum are aware a survivor is in play
-The survivor is playing to win, OR mechanically the survivor counts to overrun (to prevent an unfun no-lynch on LYLO D9)

Then Pala would've been speedwagon'd to death in those twelve hours, and Sotek and his lover likely killed in the night. Now, this could be because Nova is scum and scum aren't paying attention, or the scum aren't thinking about this game as hard as I am, or it swings to the (statistically, because between you and Nova and Gnauga and Pala, there are three anti-towns if you count the play-to-win Survivor) likely Palascum.
Scum could have a traitor who was unrecruited at the time of Donut check, plus a godfather.
Scum could also have a traitor who loses the inno check when they join scumchat, plus a godfather.
Pala could be either of those, or he could check guilty to Donut were Donut to check him because he's a roleblocker or something.

A lawyer is highly unlikely, considering that by Sol!driving a town player with one of their own, that produced two players whose alignments would show up as helpful for scum and unhelpful for town. That's the conjecture by which we might clear Akumu.
i basically assumed there was a doctor and garuru was smart enough not to reveal it.

now that schazer has claimed i am fine with lynching pala if he doesn't claim, and checkin' out nova tmrw
Donut forgive me but I think once we've lynched Pala you would've outlasted your usefulness? So I'll be on Sotek tonight.

On the extremely outside chance that Pala is actually town, keeping the Lovers alive means we have a small hope of convincing the Survivor to work with us tomorrow. (I mean, I know that with best play they shouldn't, but part of this reveal was a transparent attempt to appeal to said survivor, show 'em town's worth handing the victory to).
I'd really, seriously rather we get someone into the Nova slot to pipe up today, if for no other reason than to give us a Survivor claim or a not-survivor claim.
i'm fine with being not docced mainly so i can find out if i'm naive or not
if i'm not and pala's a godfather hey look at that lots of clears suddenly appear
if pala is a lawyer that would also apply
it coooould be a watcher/tracker kind of role played by an unlucky/incompetent player who doesn't have any useful info yet but might D9. that would explain garuru's cageyness (don't let mafia stop doing their actions to hide from the tracker/watcher) and why they haven't claimed+outed a scum at not-technically-MYLO (unlucky/incompetent). But that's more complicated than "normal doctor" and occam's razor ahoy.

Still, I feel like we have some loose ends to wrap up while we're here.

Why did Palamedes pipe up about having information, only to be cagey about it? It seems like scum would have come up with a scenario where they could express a full-bodied lie. like "I'm an FBI agent looking for my partner who went missing while investigating Undercover". It just doesn't seem to click for me why scummedes would go half-hog like they did. Also, Why didn't scum didn't go for more cleared kills? They could have gone for an N4 cleared-eberron kill, or a Nova kill or a me kill or a seedy2 kill. their first cleared kill was coldblooded. I guess I don't see the logic in that? I don't doubt donut's town-aligned. But I feel like we're Phoenix Wright ready to wrap up a case except for that one piece of evidence that hasn't been used or explained, and we're prompted to either [END THE TRIAL] or [GROVEL FOR ANOTHER DAY]. If Edgeworth can set my mind at ease about this, (especially the first one) I wouldn't have any qualms to killamedes. presently, process of elimination leaves Nova and who dies tomorrow tells us who's scum.

also I just assumed schazer picked it because it was a bird.
's a bird, y'know.
The Pala claim makes sense if he's a traitor. Traitors are scum that generally check innocent at the cost of either a) not knowing or b) not being able to communicate with- the core scum team. A common variant is one that checks a target each night to see if they're the scum (or a corollary role in the mafia team that checks unknown players for the traitor), often gaining tidbits of information that can help the scum when the traitor does eventually find and join the team.

Scum!Pala requires plausible deniability for his movements if he was seen by a town tracker/watcher, and doesn't want to straight-up claim "I haven't done shit" because that's easily refuted by a tracker/watcher claiming.

Scum!Pala also doesn't need to be held accountable to his actions if he is aware there's a survivor, because at this stage a mislynch is for most intents and purposes a scum victory. All he needs to do is survive today in one piece and tomorrow's a cakewalk, and the easiest way to do that is to get a mislynch on the one other non-cleared player (me!) Sadly, (me!) turned out to be the doctor so good luck getting me lynched ahahahaha
(06-01-2014, 12:54 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Plus like the thing is I'm pretty sure Garu would've mentioned if the game had zero protect roles?

Feels like something he could have also kept quiet hoping scum would try to claim it, considering how common doctors are in setups. It's funny how that logic is good and fine when I claim pseudo-flavourcop but not when you claim protective. I was considering unvoting but like, nah.

It doesn't help that I've been pretty sure town had a redirecting protection role since pretty early on I guess. Based on stuff like how terrible most of the kills were until Coldblooded died.

Anyways, I guess I'll come completely clear. I actually found my target night three (I lied about Coldblooded and seedy2.0 in hopes that people would have not bought Schazer's terrible lynch. Sotek, would you wave to the lovely audience (don't worry I don't think you know I'm stalking you).

Flavourwise, I'm more than a little obsessed with him and his work. I know all about it and would positively die if anything were to happen to him. That's also pretty much my role. So no lovers, but an almost equal amount of double death and I'd be cool with you doccing Sotek if I really believed you.

Yes that is why I pied him out of basically nowhere day four.
EBWOP: There is no way in hell there's a roleblocker, not 100% sure what's with that comment.

well.

I got no notification, although creepy-stalker thing is consistent with that part of it.
And now I have to ask: why the heck did you pie me??

uh, that said I guess I'd better unvote until this is all cleared up.
schazer I'm sort of confused as to how you feel about pala right now

also yeah pala is right considering the consistent flow of investigations a roleblocker is reaaaally unlikely

since sotek is legitimizing these claims I guess I'll unvote ???
I'm not 100% certain he's scum but I do want him dead.

I'm just extremely cautious I guess because me being able to cause the least possible number of towndeaths is reliant on not getting roleblocked tonight.

Also haha Pala I wish I was a redirector, then I could seriously fuck with the scum rather than just having to be open and honest and try put forward a reasonable plan of attack with the mob. But naw I have no clue at all what scum's been thinking with that string of kills.

Anyway it's not like Sotek's position can be any more compromised what with already self-outing as a Lover, obliterators aren't real, why don't you actually tell us a bit about Sotek's role and he can verify you're not talking out your back end?
yeah a bit of verification would be -great-.

also great would be an explanation vis a vis the pieing.
Considering you've jumped to the conclusion that Sotek's a lover out of basically nowhere (though I guess he is an unknowing one way lover) I have a feeling that giving into your demands for his role is a bad idea.

I will say that Sotek writes sappy romance stories (and they're all beautiful and I love them).

As for the pie, I threw it because I knew that it wouldn't kill him and was almost definitely an investigative ability that could clear him without me having to reveal (remember me musing about how it was probably a cop). If it had been a negative effect pie like roleblocking, it was pretty much certain that Slorange would have given it to me (instead he would have opted to just throw it himself like he did with Cyber). I figured a pie clear would be a good enough clear to keep Sotek safe, but not one that was so solid that he'd become a target. Seems like I was right.