Murder By The Book - Ender's Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder By The Book - Ender's Game
RE: Murder By The Book - Day 4: Life of Pie
not denying that i'm defending eberron, because i think he's town.
Hey so I'd love to pretend I now have the ability to post more consistently but I don't (sorry). I'll try to give another quick rundown.

Note 1: Truegreen is lynchworthy to me, but like, the votes on him? Schazer's vote is probably the most solid out of them, but it's still pretty shady given the lack of words re: anything else and the fact that I was/am already suspicious of her. donut had possibly the scummiest vote ever (really? The 'that totally must be BLOOD OMG SCUM' vote?) And then there's Whim. Oh Whim, what u even saying.

Note 2: Garuru, Slorange had to be lying, so far his pies seem to have only arrived the day after, and the recipient gets to choose whether or not they eat it.

Note 3: I guess I don't see a huge reason to not have the pie owner come forward because it lacks kill potential, and because I'm 90% sure Slorange just used them as investigative powers and GUESS WHO'S DEAD. That said, I trust seedy and not Schazer so...

Note 4: I am still okay with a Vote: eberron, and if I need to go over it all again I don't think you've been reading (also donut I have been at eberron since day one, are you ever gonna come at me?)

Note 5: donut do you have any real suspicions? Why u no vote. Oh wait there's Nova. Remind me why you find him suspicious please?

Note 6: Actually, why everyone no vote (beyond the people voting of course).

Note 7: donut, note that your thoughts are tantamount to exactly what you're accusing Akumu of falling for. He's assuming Solaris would only defend scum that way. You assume he defends him to make him look like scum. What if he defended eberron/Truegreen because he wanted people to assume he was making them look like scum so they'd think they were town? Oh shit Akumu already brought this up.

Note 8: Don't worry Watts you are town to me (so is seedy, Garuru, and probably Sotek/Akumu and holy shit did you steal my reads

Note 9: seedy makes good posts (also hey what did I ever do to you and dayactions (seriously I forget))
nova's wall was baaaaad. basically just sort of like "gut gut gut gut". also his reactions to one vote on him are somewhat hrhnh.

also this day's going to end in wine and townebberron getting lynched.

siiiiigh
In all seriousness can you defend eberron or say why you think he's town with anything other than the fact that Solaris defended him? Like there are a ton of reasons besides that for going after eberron (and I'm pretty sure everyone but maybe Akumu is voting based on those) so what's up?
I mean I have other reasons for voting eberron, I've thought they're probably Undercover since day one, but the outing of eberron-life-saver Solaris as Undercover pushes it to 95%+ in my mind.
in all honesty he seems more like newbie town. maybe, possibly scum, most likely not. conversely nova's pinging all sorts of alarm bells. other than like eberron's thing with solaris d1 he's generally townish. point is he's town in my book.
Slorange wasn't fibbing at all. His pies could, and did, have an effect when thrown at a person. The pie that hit me gave me a small amount of pie flavor related info, three flavors to be exact (which on a side note points to Slorange getting killed before he could use all four pies)

The first one was called a Rustic Divinity Tart, which is the one I got hit with, since otherwise I wouldn't know any of this.

The second one, which hit True, was Royal Raspberry Clafouti. As far as I can tell, unless True is lieing, this one either doesn't do anything beyond making a mess, or its a slow build.

The third one is the final piece to what happened to Cyber, though I'm not sure if Cyber ate it or got hit in the face. The third is called Grandma DuWithers's Famous Lureberry Pie. This one is likely the source of the nexus that Slorange said he made and why he claimed it was a one shot (each flavor was indeed only used once). My best guess as to why it got around the limits on who Slo could and couldn't target with the driving role is either Cyber was going to be bussed but not killed or the pie could over rule any other roles limitations.

I dont know how, if at all, this will affect anyone but if I'm going to be voted out this day, I figured I'd share what I learned instead of taking it to the grave with me.

That said, and cause I don't really have anything to lose checking True's claim about the filling...

Hope a bathroom is nearby cause this is gonna no doubt taste really bad.

*Walks over to True, wipes off some of the goop with a small cloth and gives the goop a taste.*
Hmmmm

Hm hm hmmmm

Interesting

(04-22-2014, 06:08 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Don't worry Watts you are town to me

Was I worried?????????

(04-22-2014, 06:16 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »nova's wall was baaaaad.

FIRST OFF IT WASN'T A WALL SECOND ALL Y'ALL CAN DINK A DONK MY READS ARE WAY BETTER THAN THEY USED TO BE

I PICKED SOL BEFORE ANYBODY ELSE'S SPIDEY SENSES EVEN TINGLED OK DON'T TALK SH#%
[Image: sig.gif]
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
and that is relevant how?
could have been scumbussing but then we get into more wine.
how about we discuss eberron's last post.
So there's no fourth pie then? Disappointing. Or do you only get info from tasting them?

Also donut you should still answer my question

@Watts I meant this:

(04-22-2014, 02:14 AM)Nova Wrote: »That's cool but I STILL HATE THIS GUY I'VE HATED HIM SINCE THE GAME STARTED AND NONE OF THE CHANGING CONDITIONS HAVE ALTERED MY STATE OF MIND. I AM A MAFIA SAMURAI, CUTTING THROUGH THE CHAOS OF THE META."

Aka flipping the caps lock out.
he seems more townish than scummish, just from a newbiemeta standpoint, like i said in #664

he's basically acting like me in rtfia when i was town and therefore seems more townish.

also now with the pie outting, noone was pressuring him to out the pie, but he did. he could've taken that to the grave but he didn't.
(04-22-2014, 09:46 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »So there's no fourth pie then? Disappointing. Or do you only get info from tasting them?

Also donut you should still answer my question

@Watts I meant this:

(04-22-2014, 02:14 AM)Nova Wrote: »That's cool but I STILL HATE THIS GUY I'VE HATED HIM SINCE THE GAME STARTED AND NONE OF THE CHANGING CONDITIONS HAVE ALTERED MY STATE OF MIND. I AM A MAFIA SAMURAI, CUTTING THROUGH THE CHAOS OF THE META."

As far as I could tell Slorange only made 3 of the 4. Its possible that the flavors would only come up if they came into play via eating or tossing though.
(04-22-2014, 09:46 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »@Watts I meant this:

Oh that's not flipping that's just me being shouty

When I flip out I'm much quieter
(04-11-2014, 12:35 AM)Schazer Wrote: »pffft dingle your pringles more like hop on your popcorn
(06-03-2014, 03:10 AM)Dragon Fogel Wrote: »DON'T EDIT POSTS YOU'LL GET MODKILLED wait a minute.
Okay, Non-Rhetorical Question for anybody who thinks they can answer it:

If Slorange had to pick any one person in the entire game to receive mechanical info about his pies, why Eberron?
Maybe Slorange didn't pick who got hit, it was an event done by Dragon Fogel, its target could have been completely random.

It also could have been a statement of suspicion.

Or less likely a statement of the opposite.

Or it could just be that Slorange wanted to pass on the knowledge of pie flavors and believed Eberron would be most likely to express said information.

It could also be to freak everyone out or cause chaos, but I'm marking those as unlikely.
Maybe because Slorange knew the pie's effect and wanted to give it to a suspicious person to see how they'd react.
(04-22-2014, 10:57 PM)icanhasdonut Wrote: »Maybe because Slorange knew the pie's effect and wanted to give it to a suspicious person to see how they'd react.

"Checking to see how somebody reacts" only really works if you're still alive to call the person out afterwards about it though. Otherwise it's just a waste of good pie.
oh.

hm.

I see.

eberron, when did you get the pie?
he got the pie when slorange threw it at him today
wait, today. right. wtf.

okay I don't see. mad confusion.
I dont know why I was picked either.
YOU COULDN'T JUST DIE COULD YOU SLORANGE

YOU JUST HAD TO WIFOM US FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE

THIS IS A WHOLLY INFERIOR SUBSTITUTE FOR GRAVESLAM AND I AM DISAPPOINTED
wakey wakey eggs and flakey

Some clarification on Slorange's pie shenanigans, for those that were confused like I was fifteen sixty-five minutes ago.
Slorange's role enables them to bake one pie each night. As there have been only three nights, that means they baked one pie each night. I'm also inferring that Slorange has the freedom to use each pie as anyone else would; that is, they are not obligated to give the pie to someone else to use. They may eat, give, throw, or choose not to use each pie at their discretion. I'm making that inference for the sole reason that it makes the following events make the most sense. The following is known:
N1: Slorange bakes the first pie, which designates an individual as a kill-nexus. This pie's effect activates on cyber. Presumably, Slorange threw it at them as per the reasons they stated.
N2: Slorange bakes the second pie which has no currently known effect. Garuru, on the basis of their day action, states that the second pie was given to Truegreen, but that target-switching was involved and likely means that Truegreen was not the intended recipient.
D3: Truegreen eats the second pie. Nothing obvious happens.
N3: Slorange bakes the third pie, which Eberron claims grants some flavor information regarding the pies. Slorange is then killed in the night.
D4 (Today): Truegreen appears with what may be pie all over their faces. Slorange arises from the dead and throws the third pie at Eberron.

Critical Thinking Questions:
Why did Slorange arise from the dead and throw the pie D4?
My best guess is that Slorange was planning on properly revealing their role D4, and proving their claim via third-pie knowledge at their judgment. Slorange could then use their N4 pie, and even if they were killed by mafia, they still got off four pies. When Slorange died, mod-mercy granted them a pie death-throw so that they could use their last pie. Since that's not a part of their actual role, I'd wager it was a random throw to balance it out.

What's Truegreen's pie about?
Curious things here. Truegreen ate it D3, then they appeared covered in pie D4. Eberron claims that the third pie Slorange threw hasn't granted them any information about what that pie does, and as far as they know, it does nothing.
But Slorange's N1 loophole-ish kill-nexus pie, and their rather crafty "I'm just a lowly one-shot" claim indicates to me that Slorange was playing for keeps. He was gonna milk his role for all that it was worth. I just don't believe they would bake a null pie. That doesn't necessarily mean Eberron is lying; it is possible they really did not receive information about what Truegreen's pie does as a matter of mod balancing and limiting pie effects. Or maybe Eberron's intentionally hiding information for evil purposes. Could go either way.

So what does Truegreen's pie do? Let's look at Slorange's clever plans.
Slorange baked Eberron's info-pie N3 expecting to use it during the day and was fully planning to be alive right now, D4, to use it. Since Slorange would then be more or less confirmed for his role, I propose that Slorange was also planning to explain the meaning of Truegreen's pie D4. I believe it was a pie that would reveal some information based on its public effects (specifically Truegreen showing up covered in it), and Slorange would know what those effects mean. What kind of information would this pie reveal, you ask? Why, if I were Slorange and I were trying to milk this role for all that it was worth, I'd bake a straight-up 'tell me if this person is Undercover' cop pie.

Now, we don't exactly know whether Truegreen showing up covered in pie means they're good or bad. Other key assumptions up for questioning is whether I've pegged Slorange's personality correctly, and that he'd go for something as direct as a cop. I think it's safe to say that he was planning to more fully out himself today based on the timing (he'd be almost out of pies N4) and the fact that throwing the pie without claiming the role would probably lead to more confusion, which he was keenly interested in avoiding.

But I'm gonna say those assumptions aren't that much less likely that anyone else's reads, so I'm going to make those assumptions. And I'm going to make the assumption that showing up pie-faced means Undercover. So naturally, I'm going to:

SpoilerShow

VOTE: TRUEGREEN
[Image: xwldX.gif]
Gnauga: I agree that the names giving clues to what they would do. By chance, are there any kind of role powers that would fit a judge-like effect? Cause either True's pie has no effect or its one that hasn't happened and the name doesn't offer any good clues to said effect like the other two did. All I had to work with when I made my post was the names and even then I only realized what I was working while I was at work, otherwise we'd all have been mulling this over sooner.

Hmm... to that point, I'm concerned that True is lying about his pie. Really wouldn't make sense for Slorange to waste a pie without it doing something.
And that last post sounded so much better in my head then how it came out. Sheesh.