Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)

Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
RE: Good News Everyone!!! (The joysplosion thread)
Barring hilarious misadventures, I've got all my transport booked for my long weekend trip in May to Fukuoka/South Korea!

Also I'm going to learn to drive! Despite my vague worry that you can't learn to drive a car in the space of a couple months, I assume it's going to be manageable.
Learning to drive is simple.
Just make sure not to open up the rear flange when you majigger the sprocket on the whatsit and you'll be fine
[Image: 76561197978639938.png]
The button with the three red triangles operates the ejector seat.
(04-02-2014, 01:32 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Also I'm going to learn to drive! Despite my vague worry that you can't learn to drive a car in the space of a couple months, I assume it's going to be manageable.

Oh yeah that reminds me I got my license.
(04-02-2014, 01:45 AM)Phish Wrote: »Learning to drive is simple.
Just make sure not to open up the rear flange when you majigger the sprocket on the whatsit and you'll be fine

The testing system over here is reasonably ridiculous. I pay to go to a driving school in the evenings (~$3000), where I attend 20-30 lectures and also have a go driving a car around those driving school obstacle courses.
There's then a written exam and a practical one; passing those gets my "karimenkyo" which lets me drive on the road with an instructor in the passenger seat. I then get my "sotsumenkyo" (graduate license) after another written exam and a practical exam on the roads. I dunno if it's a good thing or not that I live in a semi-rural area; it'll either make the exam easy or it'll mean I crash and burn on my first foray into "real" traffic.
Finally, with my sotsumenkyo acquired I can go to the License Centre in either of the main centres, take another written exam, and then I'm finally allowed to drive.

According to my supervisor, students can complete the whole process over the month of spring vacation, though they'll spend a whole day at driving school. Seeing as I can only make evenings and weekends, it'll take me longer; more so if I struggle with lessons being entirely in Japanese.

To be honest, I needed an excuse to actually study Japanese again properly, so learning road rules is as good a reason as any.
this is enough material to create a manga miniseries
Don't fucking give me ideas
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Do it do it do it
[Image: WEdy1pW.png] [Image: cyTsdj6.png]
[Image: 30058_799389.png]
I would love to read a driving test manga.
I'm sorry guys i realized i'm simply unable to draw manga. My dream of becoming a famous manga-ka has been foiled by my innate westerness.

[Image: p09lZYF.png]

THE END

(04-02-2014, 06:09 AM)Wheat Wrote: »backing in a semi is very difficult because the back part is hinged to the front part and goes the opposite way you are used to backing in a car. at first, the trailer seems to have a mind of its own as it jumps away from you seemingly on a whim and it's hard to correct.

I feel like the hardest part about driving is parking, i can't even imagine how hard that must be in a semi. Also, manual isn't that hard.
Driving school blogging:

They have fifty-minute lessons with a ten minute break
I paid my ¥270,000 entrance fee in ¥10,000 notes because CASH BASED ECONOMY MOTHERFUCKERS
I took a series of personality tests which I'll detail when I get home, I learn the results once I pass my restricted
There was some hopping after the eyesight and hearing tests
You can do driving practice in two-hour or one-hour sessions; I only have time today for a one-hour one. This is done in an arcade game-style driving simulator
There's a young dude here with an "I <3 HATERS" cap
So far, so fit for a graphic novel adaptation
I found my first in-the-wild shiny ever!!! it was a ducklett. now I have a pink ducklett :o
~◕ w◕~
I just feel really good.
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
I was worried that I didn't have a co-op but then it turned out I do have a co-op. It's in Illinois which means I get to see friends and family who I don't see often and also I don't have to worry about getting into a horrible shouting match with my parents, probably!
Congrats, Mr Guy. I remember that it was stressing you out - glad it worked out well for you.
[Image: WFQLHMB.gif]
Tonight in an attempt to actually get my friends to show up for once, i switched our longstanding coffee date night into me making fancy dinner + dessert! Despite 1 turning up predictably late (which actually worked out really well, because i was quite late making the food too >__>) it went super well, and my flatmates even managed to turn up in time to eat as well. I'm so full i can barely move and we still have half a lemon meringue pie left in the fridge.

I'm going to turn into a dinner party person, help
there is no help for you now. it will go easiest for you if you begin buying entertaining dresses and a series of tasteful aprons now.
I will do that at once
i almost wish i was into crossdressing, if only because i would love to do the 1950s housewife thing when i hosted parties and dinners.

i make an uuugly girl though.
You could be a snazzy butler.
i

i dont???

i just really like 1950s women's fashion. i'd wear it if i had a body type that could pull it off. it has nothing to do with adopting the role (which is why i wouldn't take ed's suggestion of butlering); i would be doing it while entertaining because you dress up while entertaining, not as a visual indication of subservience.
don't worry slorange, you'll break into the dress

using people's bones, if necessary
Learner license get, move aside all you road-denizens Lobster With A Gun
got contacts and now i can wear shades my cool-o-meter has rocketed up
woooooh i might get to choose which courses i take after all

though i might have to get badgered by my sister's husband who has nothing to do with them! But still!
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]