Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
"Sure I can," Myra chirps into Bohw's mind, "But he's pretty focused on fending off those meteorites and monsters at such a relentless pace. Half of what he was relaying to me through his thoughts were spell incantations and whatnot... You should see him work his magic-literally! It's very impressive. So very, very impressive...Heeheehee. Anyway, I'll send your request to him, but it might be a tall order, what with the circumstances he's in."

Myra brings her telepathic focus to Ziras and does as is told, "Ziras, Bohw asks that you create a lightshow of sorts so that we can quickly and easily spot you."
"I am willing to trade this magnificent spear", he holds it up high and puts it back down, "for your large blade."
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
Savannah looks over the spear. This... oh right. This was the thing he used to help her out in the hydra battle. It could be useful. But for the Champion Blade... And she's not even good with spears. She pulls it out, runs her fingers over the edge and lightly grips the end. She holds it out to him, pointing the handle at his chest.

"You better know how to clean it right."
"Believe me when I say that I am the epitome of cleanliness!"

And he was! He repaired his tattered and battered suit with the silk he kept with him on their way to Nirthid.

Watson graciously hands over the spear in exchange for the Champion Blade.
"We should be getting attacked aaaaany time now..."

Selphy casts Empowerment on herself, bolstering the strength of her next few spells.
Watson grips his new blade in admiration and then speaks, "Ah, but we have yet to desce-"

before being interrupted by a mind-frightening sight.

"Oh dear"

SpoilerShow
damnit guys im trying to write dramatic things here
In that case, I'm really glad I chose to heal Ziras and his allies, instead of opting to see back to a time when Ziras was bathing. :x
great sorcerors have no need for such menial things! they have magic.
[Image: 0MwqQE4.png]

(02-02-2014, 04:50 AM)Frolic Wrote: »"Guys," Myra calls out to her teammates while continuing her scrying, "I've found that Ziras-person! He looks SO amazing! He's flinging spells left and right to fight off the meteorites and the monsters, who are led by two flying-ones! Survivors are crawling out of the rubble, too, and aiding in the battle. We need to get to them, and quickly. If we fly over the city, we might be able to see the bright lights from the spells Ziras is casting. That's where he and the survivors should be. Look for the pretty lights, everyone! In the meantime, I'll be doing whatever I can with my spells through this divination."

Focusing on the divination, Myra casts a large, bright wave of healing energy upon Ziras and his allies.

"Ziras, Bohw asks that you create a lightshow of sorts so that we can quickly and easily spot you."

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

You heal a group of nearby soldiers who had been about to be bowled over by a large, brutish shadow creature, sort of like a hunched over hill-troll, sporting huge claws and a tail. You dont think you've ever seen one of those before. Regardless, some of the soldiers who had been flagging get back on their feet, charging the monster and raising their shields against other creatures which seem to spring out of the ground at a steadily increasing rate. Unfortunately, others still remain on the ground, and even those who can fight effectively are still overwhelmed gradually, particularly whenever one of the two shades draw, with their bloody blades hacking the defenders down. You think you saw a stableboy with a pitchwork get butchered just a moment before.

Regardless, you seem to finally get through to Ziras, and he reluctantly takes a seconds' break from the fighting to send a luminescent flare skywards, effectively raising a beacon over the fighters. You cant see it yourself from the airships' vantage, being locked to your divination, but you hear Savannah call something out and feel the airship changing direction.

(02-04-2014, 01:15 AM)Supernerd Wrote: »"We should be getting attacked aaaaany time now..."

Selphy casts Empowerment on herself, bolstering the strength of her next few spells.

You Empower yourself with an additional 37 power for 3 (4) turns!

(02-04-2014, 02:20 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson grips his new blade in admiration and then speaks, "Ah, but we have yet to desce-"

before being interrupted by a mind-frightening sight.

"Oh dear"

Though Selphy valiantly tries maneuvrer the airship out of harms way, she must have seen it too late, for you watch with perfect clarity as another meteorite hurtles towards the airship. You leap out of the way as it strikes the deck behind you at an single, the fiery power of the impact knocking you and the others (except for Mayor) off their feet! By the time you've recovered, black things swarm up from this new crater at the center of the deck!

Stats
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
the apparitions are small-sized shadowlings of varying shapes. whether that makes them count as magical is not immediately obvious.

but then theyre probably not treated any differently than the big ones. except for lying down and dying at a rather accelerated rate.
Inverted Post 999:
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow

Watson rises to his feet with a stern face.

"Oh, no, I can't possibly let you extend your stay here at this lovely air-vehicle", Watson says as he drinks some wine (which he cleverly spiked with explosives earlier) and breathes out a stream of exploding flames at as many corshars as possible.

"FEEL THE FURY OF MY SULPHURIC BREW!"

Ofcourse, he also tries not to hit his allies with this fire of destruction because they are not shadow people and that wouldn't be nice.
Savannah swears as her back impacts the hard metal of the guard rails. She knew that was going to happen the moment she saw those damn things in the air. It was just a matter of when. She gets back onto her feet and casts a spell. The wood of the destroyed deck springs to life, growing thorny, tentacle-like vines that wrap around one of those huge shadow things and squeeze.
Do any of the shadow monsters that are attacking have any obviously visible wings?
Myra caws loudly as she does her best to keep her focus trained on the divination. Myra keeps a firm grasp of her Seerstone in whatever way she has been holding it up until now, and hops in a rather pathetic fashion to the further end of the ship that is not currently occupied by monsters. "Hey," Myra calls out to her comrades, the tension of the moment being apparent even through her telepathic voice, "should I join this battle, or are you all gonna be alright while I keep this scrying up?"
As the shadows presumably recover from the flames, Watson says to Myra as he fends them off:

"What? You look very panicked Myra! Perhaps you should assist us, rather than just standing there?"

Because to him, Myra's telepathic voice was just AKGLREGNMOEIRJGMKL;GDFSGJAKLGMLGMEPMGKL-010011010JRFIKEW
Mayor raises his arms to shield himself from the fiery blast and trying his best from falling down from sheer force of the impact. As the smoke and dust clears, Mayor spots several monsters emerging from the hole in the deck, to which he can only look disappointed as he grabs his shield from off his back. Fortunately, Mayor didn't have to kill these things by punchings alone, being the first to run ahead and fight the monsters, Mayor grabs one of the Corshar and grapples with it, trying to push it towards the edge of the Airship, or in the very least keep it occupied.

Meanwhile, not really favoring the whole telepathy thing to be a good way to respond to Myra, Bohw opts for the more traditional shouting. "Just make sure Ziras doesn't die!"

Scrambling about, Bohw digs deeps into her pockets, yelling more things as she does. "Bring us to that flare, Selphy! We'll deal with this!"

Bohw then pulls out a rather dangerous and sharp looking grenade, mostly made of glass it seems. Supposedly it's main form of damage is shrapnel, so the Airship wouldn't take a lot of damage, but those rather fleshy looking apparitions would be torn to pieces. Still on her back, she twists the clockwork mechanism to activate it and rolls it in the middle of 3 of the little blighters.
Myra bobs her head in Bohw's direction, grateful for the A-OK from the leader. "Sorry Watson," Myra chirrups smoothly, which is quite the contrast to her composure not even a minute ago, "Leader wants me to keep Ziras safe!"

"And it was your fire and that colossal meteorite that ruffled my feathers in the first place!" she added with a flap of her wings to punctuate the accusatory statement. "Anyway, I'll do my best, Bohw, but the situation's looking really bad. More monsters keep coming, and those two flying ones won't stop their onslaught. I'll see what I can do to alleviate the situation, but just shout at me some more if you decide I'm needed here!"
Channeling another spell into the divination, Myra sends a curse upon the two flying, shadowy foes. In that curse lies a seal on the targets' power, reducing whatever further damage they may inflict. Even for a short while, it will hopefully give Myra the upper-wing in this long-distance battle.

SpoilerShow
(02-05-2014, 02:02 AM)Supernerd Wrote: »Do any of the shadow monsters that are attacking have any obviously visible wings?

Nope!

You do spot some fliers gathering around the airships' flanks, though, but theyre still a ways off.
SpoilerShow

Selphy casts a healing circle directly beneath her while scanning the area around her to avoid another meteor-related problem. The circle is a few meters in diameter and would restore the health of whoever was standing on top of it, lasting for several turns.
apologies for the silence. I was formerly busy finishing up some work. Then i was busy having a birthday. And in a couple days i will be busy setting up my new computer. And i dont even have my notes with me!

but in other words i will maybe try and find time for an update.
[Image: 0MwqQE4.png]

(02-04-2014, 10:59 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Inverted Post 999:
SpoilerShow

wut

Quote:Watson rises to his feet with a stern face.

"Oh, no, I can't possibly let you extend your stay here at this lovely air-vehicle", Watson says as he drinks some wine (which he cleverly spiked with explosives earlier) and breathes out a stream of exploding flames at as many corshars as possible.

"FEEL THE FURY OF MY SULPHURIC BREW!"

Ofcourse, he also tries not to hit his allies with this fire of destruction because they are not shadow people and that wouldn't be nice.

You BREATHE FIRE at the things, burninating the four largest critters for 398 damage, each! (Roll 7+6)

(02-04-2014, 11:26 PM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Savannah swears as her back impacts the hard metal of the guard rails. She knew that was going to happen the moment she saw those damn things in the air. It was just a matter of when. She gets back onto her feet and casts a spell. The wood of the destroyed deck springs to life, growing thorny, tentacle-like vines that wrap around one of those huge shadow things and squeeze.

This high in the sky, you are much too far away from your power source, the plants!

So instead you awkwardly lunge at the dark creature, stabbing it with your spear for 236 damage! (Roll 3+6, crit)

You're convinced that you're rubbish at this entire spear thing, but atleast you seem to have done some good with that attack despite all odds.

(02-05-2014, 06:02 AM)BlazerC Wrote: »Mayor raises his arms to shield himself from the fiery blast and trying his best from falling down from sheer force of the impact. As the smoke and dust clears, Mayor spots several monsters emerging from the hole in the deck, to which he can only look disappointed as he grabs his shield from off his back. Fortunately, Mayor didn't have to kill these things by punchings alone, being the first to run ahead and fight the monsters, Mayor grabs one of the Corshar and grapples with it, trying to push it towards the edge of the Airship, or in the very least keep it occupied.

Meanwhile, not really favoring the whole telepathy thing to be a good way to respond to Myra, Bohw opts for the more traditional shouting. "Just make sure Ziras doesn't die!"

Scrambling about, Bohw digs deeps into her pockets, yelling more things as she does. "Bring us to that flare, Selphy! We'll deal with this!"

Bohw then pulls out a rather dangerous and sharp looking grenade, mostly made of glass it seems. Supposedly it's main form of damage is shrapnel, so the Airship wouldn't take a lot of damage, but those rather fleshy looking apparitions would be torn to pieces. Still on her back, she twists the clockwork mechanism to activate it and rolls it in the middle of 3 of the little blighters.

Mayor charges at one of the black monsters, a thing that consists mostly of a massive pair of muscled arms, decked out in spikes. Its comparatively small body looks almost comical in comparison, but as Mayor collides with the thing, he only manages to budge it a single inch, before sliding to a stop! It takes 53 damage (roll 5+5).

It then responds by lifting its giant arms, smashing them down on Mayor with devastating force and forcing him into the already-strained floor, dealing 648 damage to Mayor and 216 to the airship!

Meanwhile, Bohw waits for the right moment, then throws a grenade into the midst of the smaller creatures. The resulting blast of shrapnel rips into them for 129 damage, each! (Roll 11+5+5)

(02-05-2014, 07:21 AM)Frolic Wrote: »Myra bobs her head in Bohw's direction, grateful for the A-OK from the leader. "Sorry Watson," Myra chirrups smoothly, which is quite the contrast to her composure not even a minute ago, "Leader wants me to keep Ziras safe!"

"And it was your fire and that colossal meteorite that ruffled my feathers in the first place!" she added with a flap of her wings to punctuate the accusatory statement. "Anyway, I'll do my best, Bohw, but the situation's looking really bad. More monsters keep coming, and those two flying ones won't stop their onslaught. I'll see what I can do to alleviate the situation, but just shout at me some more if you decide I'm needed here!"
Channeling another spell into the divination, Myra sends a curse upon the two flying, shadowy foes. In that curse lies a seal on the targets' power, reducing whatever further damage they may inflict. Even for a short while, it will hopefully give Myra the upper-wing in this long-distance battle.

You place a curse on the two shades, and the effect is immediate! Instead of slicing through the desperate defenders as before, it now takes them several moments to deal with them, as their strikes no longer bear the force to cleave through the soldiers on a whim. This gives the defenders time to surround the shades and get in several hits on the creatures. However, they are still deadly combatants, and soon enough they advance again, leaving a bloody trail behind them.

However, considering the situation, things are going rather well for Ziras and the survivors with him. The defenders fight with ferocity, even the civilians among them doing considerable damage to the black horde of amalgamated creatures, using little more than belt knives and the occasional pilfered sword.

As you watch, a meteor strikes the plaza across from the pile of rubble Ziras and the survivors are defending. From the crater, a figure rises. Made up entirely of overlapping layers of dark plate armor, it strides forwards until it is just across from Ziras, separated only by the dark legion and the humans they are trying to destroy.

The figure raises its hands as the shadows solidify into a massive greatsword, which it grasps, only to thrust it into the ground. As the figure stands, both hands on the hilt of the sword, shadows begin to pour from the blade, coalescing into yet more dark creatures! A steady stream of wraiths join the flood of monsters.

(02-06-2014, 04:28 AM)Supernerd Wrote: »Selphy casts a healing circle directly beneath her while scanning the area around her to avoid another meteor-related problem. The circle is a few meters in diameter and would restore the health of whoever was standing on top of it, lasting for several turns.

You narrowly manage to twist the airship away from another meteor. They seem to be directed towards your ship in particular! You'll have to keep an eye open for as long as you remain in this place, or risk your ship getting gradually reduced to splinters.

Regardless, you summon a rune of healing directly beneath yourself. It should heal you for 289 health each turn for 4 turns. (Roll 12+9, crit)

---

One of the two corshari leaps at Savannah, bashing her to the ground and pinning her as it starts slashing away at her for 375 damage!

Taran immediately comes to her aid, bashing the thing with his mace for 315 damage! (roll 14+4) However, it simply ignores him and keeps slashing away!

Meanwhile, another new type of dark creature, thin and lithe and bristling with power, emerges from the crater. Black lightning starts to arc off of it as it gathers power!

Seeing this, Mael slips past the other creatures, driving his blade into the thing for 210 damage! (roll 4+4, crit)

The remaining corshar lashes out of Watson, but misses entirely.

Meanwhile, the smaller creatures strike at Taran for 120 damage, Watson for 143 damage, Savannah for 105 and Mayor for 135 damage.

Torhald then comes barreling through the small amalgamations, shield first, knocking them aside and leaving them dazed. He then slams into the massive creature that struck Mayor, laying into it with a vicious assault of sword and board, dealing 720 damage! (roll 15+4+5) The thing puffs to mist, defeated.

Two fliers choose that moment to dive into an attack! One attacks Selphy, but ever observant, she sees this coming and ducks, taking only 60 damage. Myra, meanwhile, somehow also makes it out mostly-safe, taking only 105 damage from the feeble attack, despite being unable to see what is even happening.

Stats
SpoilerShow
Selphy continues to take evasive maneuvers and get closer to their primary objective of protecting Ziras. Expecting more meteors to fall almost immediately, Selphy looks above her and prepares to invoke Judgement Calling on the next one that looks like it might hit the ship!
Savannah smashes into the deck, forgetting her anger at her lack of magic when the Corshar begins tearing at her stomach and chest. The shaft of the spear is pressed against the thick neck of the creature, her strength being the only thing keeping it from chewing her up. With a grunt, Savannah activates Manacharge, feeling the power from her conduits fill her with a renewed strength.

She releases the spear with one hand, letting the spear slam into the ground and the creature's maw to get a bit closer to her. With her free hand, she reaches into her pocket and whips out her knife, which she then jams into the creatures underbelly.