Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Three: Forgotten Whispers]
Theory 1: He thought he was really dead and that he might get hit again next round. And since there's almost zero chance of getting revived...

Theory 2: Incapacitated people don't give commands. So he decided not to give a command the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day until he forgot.

I find it much more important know, what with us having approached a monster-infested city
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
he has not been on eagletime since the 24th december, and he has not been on mspa since the 3th january. frankly im more worried for his safety than getting commands. nobody can just stop visiting the forums. its unnatural im telling you.
It could be safety. It could also be exams. Around that time, I was supposed to take a break from all my internetz and start studying. But I was also looking up jobs and uni programs.
oh right. i suppose thats more likely.
RE: Black Zenith [Adventure RPG / Chapter Four: Fires of Heaven]
SpoilerShow

[Image: y3kc.png]

[Image: yk2w.png]

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Thunderpaw has already level'ed up. You dont get to see it.

At this point only Nos and Echo are still in need of leveling.
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
"Prepare for battle everyone! The plan is to rescue as many people as we can starting with the most likely places where we can find Mr. Ziras. I think its safe to assume that this place is crawling with enemies. At least some of them are capable of flying or jumping on board the airship if we fly low enough to actually evacuate someone."

Selphy sets the airship on a path to the city. Having learned from the attack on her hometown, she casts a Wind Rune on the side of the airships hull. If a Corshar (or anything else) attempts to climb up the airship at that point, a violent wind will be unleashed from the rune to knock them off.
Myra had to take a moment to register all of the chaos and destruction that was happening around her, until she heard Selphie call to arms. Nodding dutifully, the ravenfolk puts away her Book of Warding, pulls out her Seerstone, and attempts to view this Ziras person. If successful, then she'll contact him through telepathy, explaining to him that Razan requested she and her comrades find and rescue Ziras.

SpoilerShow
On the way there, Watson had taken his time taking off his armor and putting it in his hat. It doesn't seem as much use to him anymore. Even the markings on his spear seem to fade away when he touches it.

"Good riddance", he thinks, "Magic is not something I'd like to dabble with anyhow."

Maybe he should get rid of it. But this thought goes to the back of his mind as he prepares to leave the glorious flying mechanism.
(01-30-2014, 09:05 PM)Frolic Wrote: »
SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow
Savannah stays sitting, glancing through the guard rails down at the ground. She sighs, making sure her knives and the Champion Blade are clean.

"So it's almost time to get off? Cool, I was starting to get sick."
SpoilerShow
Both Bohw and Mayor look anxious and concerned about everything that they just witnessed. Mayor even more so, he prays that Razan knew what he was doing, hoping that the old friend would survive his encounter with the monster.

Gritting her teeth and drawing her weapon, Bohw makes her way over to the steering wheel near Selphy.

"First things first, we need to find that Ziras fellow. Knowing him, he'll be in the streets trying to evacuate as many people as possible in the streets."

She blinks, thinking to herself for a moment, before asking a strange question. "Quick question, you got any parachutes or something lil' lady?"
Selphy thinks for a while, then responds to Bohw with a totally straight face. "Whats a parachute?"
Bohw stammers, not sure herself. "Er, a thing. That uh..."

"I read in a book it slows your fall somehow?"
Watson looks out to the landscape below with his hands behind his back.

Without turning to face Bohw and Selphy, he responds, "It is a mechanism by which a large blanket or cloth is attached with strings to your person. When you fall, the trapped air beneath the cloth will work against gravity and slow your rate of descent. Quite a risk if it has not been tested or the cloth is punctured. I suppose it would be more practical to use magic..." Watson rolled his eyes as he spoke the last statement.
[Image: 9t8f.jpg]

(01-30-2014, 08:32 PM)Supernerd Wrote: »"Prepare for battle everyone! The plan is to rescue as many people as we can starting with the most likely places where we can find Mr. Ziras. I think its safe to assume that this place is crawling with enemies. At least some of them are capable of flying or jumping on board the airship if we fly low enough to actually evacuate someone."

Selphy sets the airship on a path to the city. Having learned from the attack on her hometown, she casts a Wind Rune on the side of the airships hull. If a Corshar (or anything else) attempts to climb up the airship at that point, a violent wind will be unleashed from the rune to knock them off.

You take the wheel from Torhald and set a course for Nirthrid, the previously thriving town now little more than rubble. As you approach, you see Razan disappearing somewhere across the horizon, even though the great serpent chasing him, which bellows its hatred for all to hear for miles around, still remains visible long after. Regardless, the airship is soon flying over the town. It proves to have been a good move to have opted to fly the airship yourself, as you soon have to wheel it out of the way of a black meteorite, showering you with burning sparks even as it passes by, impacting a house below.

Meanwhile, you cast your spell, and a rune lights up on the hull of the ship. It will only stay for a limited number of turns, but it would probably be best if it is not needed at all anyway.

(01-30-2014, 09:05 PM)Frolic Wrote: »Myra had to take a moment to register all of the chaos and destruction that was happening around her, until she heard Selphie call to arms. Nodding dutifully, the ravenfolk puts away her Book of Warding, pulls out her Seerstone, and attempts to view this Ziras person. If successful, then she'll contact him through telepathy, explaining to him that Razan requested she and her comrades find and rescue Ziras.

You cast your spell, peering into your enchanted gemstone as you are drawn into a vision.

At first you think that the spell has failed, for you see only darkness. Then something shifts, and a crack of light shines down from above. Then a huge piece of rock - a wall, you see now - is blasted out of the way by a surge of magic, and a tall, light-haired man wearing long, white flowing robes climbs to his feet, standing tall and surveying the destruction around him. Even as he gets his bearings, picking up the power-infused scepter that had been lying next to him, you can see a group of guardsmen fighting desperately in the streets off in the distance, somehow managing to hold off an overwhelming force of corshari - but only until a shade descends on them with silent wings from behind, cutting into their ranks as a wave of destruction.

Not pausing even a moment, power starts leaking from Ziras as he begins weaving spells, a pair of etheric wings materializing on his back as he starts flinging spells against the tide of darkness that is growing in the area. As he incinerates the dark meteorites midair, survivors start crawling out from under piles of rubble, already battered and beaten. And yet they rally around Ziras, his presence invigorating them as they raise swords and shields against a charge of corshari, led by two shades.

[Image: e4hp.png]

You try to contact him telephatically, explaining the situation and your intentions. He hardly seems to pay attention, more intent on blasting the monsters scrambling to destroy him and his men. He gives a half-coherent reply, the thoughts he sends back muddled up with halfway thoughtout spells and incantations. He clearly needs help, though, and fast, but at the same time you sense that he cares for the people of the city aswell, and he wishes he could somehow rescue them from this destruction.

You're not sure where he is located in relation to the airship, but he shouldnt be too difficult to spot from the air with those spells flying about. You hope.

Stats
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
"Guys," Myra calls out to her teammates while continuing her scrying, "I've found that Ziras-person! He looks SO amazing! He's flinging spells left and right to fight off the meteorites and the monsters, who are led by two flying-ones! Survivors are crawling out of the rubble, too, and aiding in the battle. We need to get to them, and quickly. If we fly over the city, we might be able to see the bright lights from the spells Ziras is casting. That's where he and the survivors should be. Look for the pretty lights, everyone! In the meantime, I'll be doing whatever I can with my spells through this divination."

Focusing on the divination, Myra casts a large, bright wave of healing energy upon Ziras and his allies.

SpoilerShow
Restless, the man in the cold black suit was seeing Ziras' valiant efforts unfold before him. He unstrung the spear from his back and looked at it in his hands. It's dead wood, holding no meaning in his hands. He looked upon Savannah, her complexion and auburn hair, burning with readiness for what's to come. She would make better use of this. But at the same time... that Blade. That gleaming blade. If it does not require magic, it would be most beneficial.

Watson approached Savannah, "I have an offer!" he spoke, good-will accented his voice.
(02-01-2014, 06:29 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »Watson looks out to the landscape below with his hands behind his back.

Without turning to face Bohw and Selphy, he responds, "It is a mechanism by which a large blanket or cloth is attached with strings to your person. When you fall, the trapped air beneath the cloth will work against gravity and slow your rate of descent. Quite a risk if it has not been tested or the cloth is punctured. I suppose it would be more practical to use magic..." Watson rolled his eyes as he spoke the last statement.

Bohw looks puzzled, giving a strange look at Watson, not that Watson would know that with his back turned to them. "That sounds like... How would that even, work...? You'd think it would be a giant pair of wings or... something..."

Bohw just shakes her head and goes back to the original plan of looking over the edge of the ship, searching for some kind of sign of Ziras among the chaos, with her poor eyesight however, she'll have trouble spotting things other than fire and explosions. If she doesn't notice anything of interest in the brief moment of searching, she spins around to Myra and barks an order.

"Myra! Can you send Ziras a message to make some kind of lightshow for us to spot? "
Savannah listens to Myra and sighs. She'd be glad to get off the airship, she'd never been in a flying thing before, and frankly, she felt she could throw up at any moment. But she kept herself together by staring at the ground. As she's getting in the last bits of sightseeing, Watson approaches her with that cheeky tone in his voice. She slowly stands up, looking at him with a look of both annoyance and interest.

Savannah scoffs, "Yeah? What?"