This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
Are you passive-aggressively saying I'm not perfect in every single way, Plaid?

Because this town isn't necessarily big enough for the two of us Raaaaage
Don't make me come after you with the plastic axe.

Because I'll do it.
Schazer calm down the town can expand we are in the middle of a desert nobody even wants to stop us

Awww man just while I've got you on these'ere tenterhooks Plaid come to Bang Bang Eche tonight if you're game, they're playing at the Dux Live and this was totally relevant to anyone else following this debacle of a conversation.
I would love to, but I am trapped in my house doing homework all weekend because I'm an idiot and procrastinated. :(
Daaaaaaaaang :<

Also cripes I realised I'm starting school Monday. I keep forgetting because I've been working at my new school for the past couple months.
All I really got out of reading that complaints thread is that I really hope Ms. NoGood never ventures into any area of the forum I care about
All I got from that thread was that we need a Wheat Appreciation Day.

Wait a minute, I already knew that.

It's kind of disappointing as someone who has stuck with the comic for the past two (three?) years, but the more I read from Andrew and the community, the more Homestuck's ending becomes a relief. I'll probably avoid whatever story comes after, despite still loving the base concepts behind HS.
I just try to avoid the less savoury/whiny parts of the fandom, and I guess now Hussie himself. Sometimes he seems like an okay guy, and then other times he responds to criticism with insults.

Either way I still like Homestuck. Don't even care what it says about my taste in entertainment.
(02-26-2012, 02:07 AM)thegreenspark Wrote: »All I got from that thread was that we need a Wheat Appreciation Day.

Wait a minute, I already knew that.

It's kind of disappointing as someone who has stuck with the comic for the past two (three?) years, but the more I read from Andrew and the community, the more Homestuck's ending becomes a relief. I'll probably avoid whatever story comes after, despite still loving the base concepts behind HS.

See, I've said this before a good many times, and I will repeat myself (BUT NOW HERE IT IS IN A PUBLIC FORUM OH NO CAN'T TAKE BACK OPINIONS), so if you are one of the people who have heard this before just avert your eyes. But I will be there for his next project. For all his faults in actual storytelling and ego, Hussie has a great mind for concepts. The first blossoms of his stories are usually pretty great, and then they degenerate because Hussie does not have someone over his shoulder telling him that sometimes shit is just getting ridiculous. I call it a "Dude, really?" guy and he desperately needs one.

I haven't read Homestuck since the beginning of Act like whatever we are on because I honestly just couldn't put myself through how bad its gotten, but I will be there and ready to give the next story a fighting chance.

If you believe Hussie himself, though, most of the batshit insanity and crap that makes you and me hate the story was planned from the beginning. It (allegedly) wasn't as though a story about a world-changing video game set in a charming reality just went off the rails as he woke up every day with a new idea and set about shoehorning it in; the entire setup supposedly led to the clusterfuck intentionally.

That said, we're talking about a man who retconned his own story so he could win an argument on the internet about how aracial his characters are, so... Who even knows how much of the crap he says is true.

Either way it's probably going to be another year before Homestuck is over so probably the Mayans are going to destroy us all with their time-travel before his next project happens.
I don't believe that anything like that was planned from the beginning

I don't think there was much of a plan from the beginning other than which running jokes he'd use

Anything to the contrary I automatically file under "Trying to save face, spiting nose"
I'm just having fun reading all of this. Yay internet arguments!
NEVER

*calls everyone a MEANER*
Yeah. I'll take the blame for the not niceness at the moment. I sort of steered the conversation in this direction with snide negative comments and then later I was like 'oh man I was being a bit negative and now it is too late to go back'. So in conclusion build me a time machine or pelt me with rocks.
No, stop it with your calm logicallyness
noooooooooo
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...........
*poit*

SpoilerShow
D: is always a good option for when you are talking about everyone being mean because it doubles as both a choice and a pictorial assessment of what your reaction should be
(02-28-2012, 12:56 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Y'all are harshing my mellow with this innernet hate. I thought this forum wasn't about that.

I have been specifically asked to not call people out from The Other Board on here in the past. So. Y'know. You guys probably shouldn't either.

Be nice Minion

I'm being a proactive admin for once and endorsing the hell out of this statement.

If you'll excuse my donning of the Eagle Time Brand Pusherer's Cap (Buy yours today and show pride and solidarity for your webhangout!) for a moment, I strongly support steady population growth on the forum*, the kind that keeps the community sustainable even as individuals come and go.

I especially acknowledge that MSPA Forums (and Forum Adventures even more so) will likely be our main source of new people. 's a two-way street, though - just as it takes a few dumb Homestucks to give MSPA Forums a "reputation", it takes a few negative nancies over here to make us reviled as a pack of butthurt oldtimer circlejerkers. (Both of which are really stupid generalisations - we have Homestuckers and non-Homestuckers on both forums, MSPAFA "oldbies" and MSPAFA "newbies", Grand Battlers and Trollslummers. Hell, for the purposes of this argument I'll (admittedly shamefacedly) admit to making a fantroll once upon a time.)

I'm not saying you guys have to curb your enthusiasm for eulogising the things you loved and how such and such are adding insult to injury by crashing the wake, because you guys aren't admins and in the totally radical position of captaining this friendshipcraft. Just... remember Schazer likes her new-community smell and will cling to it like a neurotic puppy or something. A neurotic puppy that uses too many effing words.

Having said that feel free to vent on IRC if you gotta because that is what I used it for for two-odd years. Still do, for that matter. I mean, use a bit of tact as the place grows potentially but I'll likely smack heads in more periodically.

tl;dr you are all wonderful people so please do what you do best and make this place wonderful. So wonderful other people can't stand to not be a part of it. mwahtermelon

*I said population growth not penile growth, thanks, CutchallA557 et al. We still don't need your kind.

E: I wanted to mention the "MS What Pumpkin Adventures Megacorp" in that spiel up there somewhere when mentioning how I'd put my personal bugbears aside to keep this place accessible for all, but it fell out somewhere (probably due to Schazer's Attempts at Buzzwordphrases oversaturation.) But you all know my tragic past and how it led to this excaquillent land we natter on in now so whatevs~
My entire outfit is made out of nothing but love for the Eagle Time brand.
Oh man, Mr. Eagle wants EQUALITY, but if you asked him if he'd like off the Endangered Species list, guess what he'd say?
Oh my Wheat, what great debating skills you have. You are the wisest Eagle.

Oh except for one thing

Eagles don't have feet

Under limb stab-grabbers?
Wheagle: Grabbin' Stabs and American Dreams
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stabs
I'd say that's the best name wings down, but I'd hate to be seen as one of those sycophantic affirmative-acciptrid-action jackasses. Or worse, someone who uses bird-terms without actually being able to claim avian ancestry.

aquility is hard, guys :<
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stabs
Well of course you do.

Birds of a Feather really do flock together.