We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.

Poll: Videogames or videogame accesories?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
vidgajames
85.53%
65 85.53%
accesories
14.47%
11 14.47%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
RE: We chat about videogames and videogame accessories.
I didn't know about half of those inputs, neat.

In other news:

SpoilerShow

Consider me no longer interested in giving X/Y a chance.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Given that normal pokemon evolution is already quite varied and an immensely successful mechanic (to the point that basically everyone else in the business imitates it) I cannot possibly fathom why they would come up with a new mechanic when it will obviously make all the fans angry.
o---o
Well, I guess they're trying to be original. More of the same would probably sell better, though.
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
Reusing old designs and slapping stuff on top.

"Original"
I'm going to wait until actual details come on the mega evolutions before rushing to judgement.

Ok I lied, I'm judging heavily why blaziken of all things needs one
because all starters will have a mega probably?
papers, please came out today

deny kolech all day every day

it's fun
oh, I played the demo of that
it was quirky and interesting, etc.
"The parties are advised to chill." - Supreme Court of the United States, case opinion written by Justice Souter
also depressing as hell
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
exactly this amount of depressing

I'm putting one package of kawaii shit from assorted Japanese shops that those Megapokemon are fake.
I'll be wanting a clearer disclaimer on "not available during normal gameplay" before I give up my hard-earned 100-yen shop loot.
well, they did ban genesect from competitive usage, so we'll see

also, all of the "mega" forms apparently have different abilities from the already possible abilities (seriously, why would you give mewtwo insomnia, that's the most boring ability ever), so at least it'll be a different problem than speed boost
I can see Insomniatwo being annoying in ubers, just because it makes it such a safe switch-in to problematic status-droppers, but... I don't know much of anything about the ubers metagame.
(08-10-2013, 01:02 AM)Superfrequency Wrote: »
(08-09-2013, 09:45 PM)BRPXQZME Wrote: »hooray for Alkanet

Yo. I'd throw down on Puzzle Bobble 4 if it were internettable.

I uh

It's been so long since I played that I have no idea what characters are actually good in vs, if I were to examine the colors of their punish bubbles. I was thinking about it a while ago and Alkanet is like almost all rainbow bubbles. But I guess that's for the game thread.
I am not good at puzzle games and my username is a puzzle game how awk is that
Quote:I am not good at puzzle games and my username is a puzzle game how awk is that
Wait, really? Google search for your name only yields... you, unless I'm doing something wrong.
(08-10-2013, 03:38 AM)Stij Wrote: »Wait, really? Google search for your name only yields... you, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Every few months here and there I get a “I figured out what your username says, what do I win?” PM.
Ooooooooh wait you mean the name itself is a puzzle. I figured that out a while ago, but I am bad at reading comprehension apparently

Re: puzzles, Meteos is the only block-matching game in town. Puzzle Bobble seems deeper and more competitively balanced, but Meteos is just so unique and quirky and aesthetically pleasing. It's one of the few games I've completed 100%.
Meteos! I owned that game! It was, my jam. Now I can't find it. I probably lent it to someone and never saw them again :<
I remember getting MOST of the items but not quite all, but I think I did get all the endings.

On the other hand, I recently picked up a copy of Lumines + which is like Lumines, except not really, and is instead a very minimalist puzzle game. Vs. Mode is also quite cool, though pretty different from the main game. Each player has half of the normal board, divided down the center, and every measure whichever player cleared the most blocks pushes the dividing line towards the other player, squishing them in the process. I think it's an interesting reversal when compared to most other games where garbage blocks are the sole way of interacting with other players.
(08-10-2013, 04:04 AM)Stij Wrote: »Ooooooooh wait you mean the name itself is a puzzle. I figured that out a while ago, but I am bad at reading comprehension apparently

Re: puzzles, Meteos is the only block-matching game in town. Puzzle Bobble seems deeper and more competitively balanced, but Meteos is just so unique and quirky and aesthetically pleasing. It's one of the few games I've completed 100%.

Meteos is the best game on the Nintendo DS straight up yo

Not sure if you could figure it out that I am a bit of a fan.
Niiiiice fighting game project from Japan. Only a day left for this campaign. Probably the only thing to come along lately that has made me regret not following the genre too closely for the past couple of years.
Has anyone seen a good english ROM of Boktai 3? I want to finish the series :l
(08-11-2013, 06:09 AM)BRPXQZME Wrote: »Niiiiice fighting game project from Japan. Only a day left for this campaign. Probably the only thing to come along lately that has made me regret not following the genre too closely for the past couple of years.

I don't know enough about fighting games to get excited about mechanics etc., but man this looks gorgeous. And it's being made by some industry vets, which is cool.

Speaking of fighting games, there was this cool massive crossover game in development that I saw a while ago and can't find again. All I remember about it is that the characters (some of which were playable, some of which were more like SSB's assist trophies) were represented on cards, it was being developed by a couple of Spanish-speaking guys, and it had pretty much every video game and anime character you could think of.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Sounds like 9 out of 10 MUGEN projects :V

(In fact, a good number of indie 2D fighting games in Japan seem to be made by ex-Capcom/ex-SNK employees; guess you can take the tiger out of the jungle... aaaand I can’t figure out how to turn this phrase into a reference to 8105graphics’ Monster, but it’s a game with furry OCs you do the math)

(08-11-2013, 05:44 PM)Red709 Wrote: »Has anyone seen a good english ROM of Boktai 3? I want to finish the series :l
If the translation that’s been out for a while isn’t good enough for you, it’s time to start learning Japanese.

edit: I DID IT AGAIN. I BEAT GILL ON MAX DIFFICULTY. (makoto SA1 is cheesy. makoto SA2 is the cheesiest.)
Oh yeah, it actually is a MUGEN project. I thought it wasn't. Looks neat, though.