[6/7] Something Awesome [1.3 - Redwatch] [Slot Open - Accepting Entries]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[6/7] Something Awesome [1.3 - Redwatch] [Slot Open - Accepting Entries]
RE: [7/7] Something Awesome [1.2 - The Awesome Squad]
The rifle-toting soldier rolls out of the way, still taking a few shots from gunfire. Unable to move well with his ankle busted, he kneels down by Donovan and aims his rifle at Oren.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
Donovan, surprised at the sudden gunfire, stands still up until the rifleman rolls over to him. Slightly panicking, he socks the man in the face and books it down the hallway.
Oren takes advantage, clicks to semiauto, and shoots the guy again, aiming for the extremities or the rifle.

If he's sufficiently disabled Oren turns the AA-12 on firehands.
let's post righteously & having good times /// check out The Book of the Courtier /// ensure proper vegetable consumption /// also check out The Blade and the Cycle /// post it up!!
Melinda watches Oren fire his shotgun with wide eyes and a slackjawed grin. She doesn't know what the hell is going on, but it's fucking amazing.

Donovan's desperate punch snaps her back to reality. Her ears still ringing from the close-proximity gunfire, she does the first thing that comes to mind: she swings her foot straight into the closest opponent's nose.
"Melinda! Get out of here with Donovan!"

Lawrence turns to firehands, pulling out the potato cult book.

"Looking for this?"
"No way!" Melinda shouts, sudden anger in her eyes. She's been waiting for this moment her entire life! She's not throwing it away, god dammit! "And don't give them that! We can beat them!"
Otto winces at the sound of gunfire, thinking he should've brought his cleaning cart with him. If the cops show up, that's goddamn evidence!

The janitor figures Oren can handle whatever's gonna be thrown at them, and hightails it to find a phone. He's gotta contact Asumi, get a distraction up ins or get his crew out of there safely.
Arthur hears the gunfire, then after careful consideration he figures he is needed more back with the others, he climbs back through the window and joins the fight. With a roaring cry he charges at the sword wielding agent, feigning to strike him with his sword, but as he approaches he ducks down low and rams into him with his shoulder. Hopefully that puts the soldier into a stumble, which Arthur follows up with a kick to the man's chest.
"God damnit Melinda!" Lawrence turns around to shout at the girl again.

"You're not any kind of fighter. Oren knows how to handle himself, and I'm no slouch either. Don't try and throw your life away being a goddamn hero."

He thinks for a second, still holding the book out as a makeshift shield against the fire guy. He suddenly throws it at Melinda.

"You want to be important? Guard that with your life, catch up with and help Donovan, and or god's sake get out of here!"

Suddenly Arther bursts onto the scene. Lawrence realizes that now he might have a chance to just sit this one out and hide his powers after all, and it's not too important to get Melinda to bugger off. Still, he doesn't really want some kid dying on his watch. He charges at firehands, preparing to dive to the ground if the soldier sends a fireball or something his way.
Donovan's surprise punch knocks the rifle-toting enemy aside, when Oren's own gunfire disables the foe. With the enemy's ankle shot and his hands and rifle now out of commission, one foe's down.

Melinda quickly kicks the sword-holding enemy in the face, who falls flat on his back before Lawrence's commands hit Melinda's ears. Lawrence's taunt towards the fire mage merely provokes the opponent, and a series of small fireballs are shot down the hallway. It seems these guys do suffer from some form of Stormtrooper aim, and the fireballs thankfully do not hit their targets.

The sword-toting enemy gets back on his feet.

Otto, now outside, hears yelling from above. It seems another one of those enemies is leaping off the building, trying to strike from above. Arthur bypasses this surprise attack and returns to fight inside. Arthur successfully stuns the sword-wielder.

Lawrence, following his minor speech on heroism, tosses the Potato Cult book to Melinda. He then charges at the fire mage, who is in the process of conjuring another round of projectiles.

Combat status:
SpoilerShow
Lawrence charges up his fist with minor wind magic and releases it just as he hits the fire mage, giving his punch an extra oomph without actually looking like obvious magic.
Melinda catches the book and clutches it to her chest, but she looks noticeably hurt at Lawrence's angry shouts. It's not like she's totally defenseless...

Shooting the teacher an angry glare, she shouts a quick "Fine!" and runs off in search of Donovan. What an asshole...she'll prove herself the minute she gets the chance.
Lawrence's punch doesn't seem to stun the mage too much - it does knock his focus off and he loses the conjured fireball in the process, however. The mage instead releases a small stream of fire onto Lawrence.

The magical fire doesn't leave burn damage - only the painful sensation of burning is felt for a few seconds before the flames disappear.

As Melinda looks for Donovan, she is quickly thrown against a wall of lockers. John appears behind her, looking and yelling at Lawrence.

"Trying to hide something?"
"No," Melinda says, grinning at the opportunity, "but I was looking for you!"

She promptly jerks her knee up into his crotch and makes a break for it.
Donovan runs around the corner of the hallway, nearly smashing into Melinda. The wooden broom in his hands clatters to the ground. He picks it up and holds it out to her. "You uh... want this?"
Oren whips round and lets loose a few bullets at the firehands guy.

Okay. So he has firehands. There are more important things going on right now.
Upon hearing Hair Girl's brutally nutbusting comeback, he turns round to see her pulling a runner down the hallway back towards the fight, joined by Donovan.

He thinks of himself at around their age.

Well, a kid can't just run into a fight barehanded.
Or with a pansy little broom.

"Hold up," he yells, digging into his bag.
He pulls out that magazine of explosive rounds and a pair of forceps.

Each round is a chunky green tube with a brass blasting cap on one end. The only thing more dangerous than giving them to a minor is not arming a minor when she's under attack by a bunch of psycho paramilitary fucks.

Or at least that's what Oren tells hisself.

He throws both of them to Hair Girl. "Them's grenade rounds. Pull one out and the circle on the back is a blasting cap. Slam in the blasting cap with the forceps and then you throw that damn thing and make sure no one you don't want turned salsa is next to them because that thing is live and don't tell no one about me giving you this because I will absolutely lose my job even harder. Now go help Larry. Uhhh, Mr. Beedle." He levels his shotgun past her toward a grimacing, funny-walkin' John and toggles it back into full auto. "I got the Nutty Professor here."
let's post righteously & having good times /// check out The Book of the Courtier /// ensure proper vegetable consumption /// also check out The Blade and the Cycle /// post it up!!
Melinda's timely crotch-punt successfully stuns John long enough for her to flee. Oren's rounds hit the fire mage dead on, but it seems his suit's semi-bulletproof and he shrugs off a few of the bullets.

Oren gifts Melinda the explosive round, and takes aim at John. John, despite his present injury, appears to be preparing another lightning bolt strike.

Combat Status:
SpoilerShow

((QE: Still trying to figure out the best way to describe/word combat status updates, bear with me as the terminology may change around between updates))
Lawrence staggers back at the pain, but upon discovering he's completely fine laughs.

"You call that an attack?"

He sees Melinda and Donovan run off and his grin grows even larger.

"Just trying to get rid of those kids so we don't have to worry about them, John. Arther, Oren, looks like it's just us. Now, I don't think anyone will necessarily buy you telling them about what's going to happen... but please promise me this'll stay between us."

Suddenly teacher's hands ignite.

"I'll show you some goddamn magic."

He sends a fireball straight at the fire mage, and another at John.
Arthur is too engrossed in combat to really care about Lawrence's Magic, probably for best. He grabs the swordsman by the neck and rushes forward to pin him against the wall, then considering he is successful, he punches him in the face, then punches him again... and again. He continues this for some while.
Otto sidesteps, then brains the assailant with his mop.
((Apologies for this being rather late - I had a creative dry spell followed by exams.))

Lawrence sends out two magical fireballs. The first one, despite hitting the mage square in the chest, appears to dissipate rather quickly.

The one that hits John, however, lingers a little longer. Clutching his burnt arm, John finishes casting the spell in his hand. A brilliant flash of lightning leaps down the hallway, electrocuting Melinda, Donovan, and Lawrence. The first and last aren't harmed greatly, only shocked. Donovan, however, begins to lose feeling in his right leg...

Arthur successfully beats one of the enemy combatants to unconsciousness. Upon doing this, a series of gunshots rings out and the bullets hit their marks - one in the fire mage, another few in the head of the sword-wielding enemy. A shadowy figure of a police officer is seen down the hallway.

It looks like the police have arrived. Otto, outside the building, beats his assailant with the mop as local law enforcement agencies circle the building.

Combat Status:
SpoilerShow
Otto holds his mop horizontal at shoulder-height, rams his opponent into a wall. "I can negotiate a way out of here," he growls at them. "Dodge the cops. If you go crawling back to whoever you're working for, they won't ask too many questions, no? All I want is information. Whatever you've got."
Taking consideration of the police force, Arthur goes through the door after Donovan and the others, to join the fight against the strange John character. Lets just say that he does not let his presence be unknown, charging forward, shouting something unintelligible and swinging his heavy sword at John's vulnerable little neck.
Lawrence immediately dispells his magic and begins thinking of an excuse just in case the cop or kids saw what he did.

He then grabs the weapon from the unconscious melee goon and takes a swipe at John.
Donovan prepares the broom, ready to swing, when the arching lightning bolt zaps through him. The shock hurts, but he shakes it off. He takes two steps, his leg suddenly giving out on him. With a yelp, he nearly falls over, jamming the bristles of the broom onto the ground to steady himself.

He again pulls back, distancing himself from the maniac who just shot him with lightning.