Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)
RE: Tropefia - A PYP - D3: Dead Walrus (19/24) - You can talk again
oh
so I only didn't read this page okay
cool
and that's why I missed it Para's replace announcement was hidden in the marriage thingy
Or you could lynch Red or y12, who are kinda jumping any bandwagon they can. I still wanna say calibornio, but he only jumped one wagon.

Also, It's really shocking Red doesn't consider voting y12 an option, which makes me think (even more so) that they're both scum.

You could also not lynch me because me being scum doesn't make sense, but whatever. Technically, lynching me today just means that the 1 day advantage I got from taking the hit last night doesn't matter, so it's sorta fine.
(06-07-2013, 07:25 PM)myw Wrote: »Or you could lynch Red or y12, who are kinda jumping any bandwagon they can. I still wanna say calibornio, but he only jumped one wagon.

Also, It's really shocking Red doesn't consider voting y12 an option, which makes me think (even more so) that they're both scum.

You could also not lynch me because me being scum doesn't make sense, but whatever. Technically, lynching me today just means that the 1 day advantage I got from taking the hit last night doesn't matter, so it's sorta fine.

okay

let's break this down for you because

YOU
ARE
NOT
LISTENING

okay
you listening now

first, I am not opposed to voting Youdont. rather, if you didn't make me want to lynch you so much I would've been on him since daystart.
second, ROLE INFORMATION IS NOT INFORMATION THAT SHOULD BE THROWN AROUND WILDLY. yes, create probably should have claimed... but not when you wanted him to, because he wasn't even at soft! you, however, if you really ARE bp, you could've not claimed and scum would be busy wining themselves over where their kill went and you would be off scot free!
Third, yelling "MY ROLE IS X" without evidence not only doesn't clear you but makes you look like scum! I mean come on.
Fourth, you look worse for your defense because of how you defended yourself. Repeatedly saying "but I'm x I'm clear" and pushing your ROLE as the main reason you're not scum is terrible!

I'll admit, I skimmed over a number of your wallposts because they looked like massive heaps of horse dung and you had just claimed for no good reason. but I'm gonna go back now. and if I'm right, I'll let you know! If there are enough actual REASONS to not lynch you that don't involve your role, then I'll move on! but if not I'm lynching you because I think you're scum! :|
(06-06-2013, 03:19 AM)myw Wrote: »If you doubt me, let me lay it out again.

If I'm scum, and there's a town bulletproof, I woulda been called out already.

If I'm scum and there is no town bulletproof, then i'm just so incredibly ballsy that I'll declare myself a role when there are like 18 people left.

^ It would not make any sense for me to risk outing myself, due to the above pieces of information.

Next, there's the fact that Purple was killed by a Vampire.
If the Vampire is mafia, the mafia killed the second most scummy looking person on day 2.

^ from that point, I'm going to assume the Vampire isn't a mafia, because why would you do that, it's bad mafiaing.
Busing has been brought up, but our busdriver died, and I doubt there'd be two.
Unless something else really complex happened, Vampire is probably the vigilante or something.

Finally, There is no other kill last night.

^ so, assuming the previous point is true, I took the mafia hit. Unless, of course, the mafia has some complex plan involving wasting a night's kill to introduce me as a spent bulletproof, which is kinda... I dunno. Maybe it's a worthwhile late, late game strategy, but this is day 3.

One more thing- does bulletproofing usually result in a public notification? I really don't think it does.

So, reasoning based on facts, I'm really unlikely to be scum.

So if you're gunna say "myw is vaguely scummy" I'd really like a reason why- otherwise I'll suspect you heavily for trying to generally confuse things.

Miridini- At risk of "role-fishing" again, I'm a little suspicious of your being blocked night 1 because I can't think of anything that would have a day AND night activation.

heyo, here's an example of things that are false!

-admittedly, the first point is the only reason I changed my vote early during the day - "why would scum be suicidal". THIS ALONE DOES NOT A DEFENSE MAKE HOWEVER

-I could see a number of reasons for scum to want to shoot PW, honestly. some are silly, others serious.

-hAHAHAHA WHY! Why would you assume there's ONLY ONE BUSDRIVER? Why can't scum have a driver? what if the (assumed) vamp sk got redirected off one of them? that makes perfect sense!

-in games with these players, usually SURVIVALS of any kind give public notification. i.e. if a person is doc'd and hit, is bp, etc, etc. the lack of a SURVIVAL notice is odd. If a person claimed to have been doc'd and been hit, and the survival wasn't announced, I would call bullshit too

-and then. you. rolefished! there was no reason to inquire further into "Dini was roleblocked" really? it had no bearing on the current situation?

so basically this is why you look scummy, MYW: the majority of your argument for why you're town is "but scum wouldn't do this", and is based 100% on your role being bp and you taking a hit last night!

the argument against you is "that is a blatant lie and your constant insistence upon its truth is not helpful to town at all".

let's see if your older posts are better shall we
RE: Tropefia - A PYP - D3: Dead Walrus (19/24)
(06-04-2013, 05:48 AM)myw Wrote: »
(06-04-2013, 05:08 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »yeah I think I am good with Vote: youdon't for now. My other suspects still stand.

Myw part of me wants to call you a liar but another part of me doesn't believe you'd come out and say 'hey I'm a bulletproof too!' Unless you're scum bulletproof which could easily exist.

Why vampire, specifically? Or is that the same thing as a killer/vigilante?

The flavor text was vampire.

3 points to defend myself-
A) Wouldn't scum bulletproof be overpowered? It doesn't seem like something anyone would do.
B) Town bulletproof is a pretty regular role, so it'd be kinda risky for me to declare such so early if I didn't know the bulletproof was me.
C) It's not really the same role as Scenery as you go. I just came out and said it because I already did my part- get killed once. The mafia already knows I'm bulletproof, so everyone else might as well know too. Specially since it serves no purpose anymore.

oh hey actually here's another thing!

-This wasn't a thing that I expected until recently, but dini's item basically confirms it imo: there is an inventor in this setup. that means if they gave a bp item to the wrong person scum bp could be a thing!
-again with the one good point in your argument: "why would scum be this stupid". the problem is that I've seen scum be worse. I've BEEN worse. Sometimes things seem like great ideas... until you realize, as you're being lynched, that it was terrible. shit happens, people fuck up.
-Why do you assume scum knew you were BP? where is it a written rule that scum knew their kill bounced any more than town did or does. if survivals aren't announced, why tell scum where their kill went? why give scum an exclusive information advantage?
say someone was doc'd, and the scum kill missed. if they were told but survival was not, scum would be aware a doc existed, but town wouldn't! why would that be a thing?
RE: Tropefia - A PYP - N2: Who's That Create (20/24) - GET YOUR ACTIONS IN
(06-04-2013, 04:58 AM)myw Wrote: »SEE
SEE I TOLD YOU
ROLE CLAIM AND DEFEND YOURSELF IF YOU'RE TOWN

Anyhow, this means I'm in the clear, right? Disregarding any meta arguments made about me stating that I'm in the clear? regardless, I'll give my piece-

Yesterday I was a perfectly normal town, but today I am Not Quite Dead. Means I was town bulletproof. I'm assuming since I kinda showed I was town yesterday by trying to make 2create say something useful, and did my job of absorbing 1 mafia hit.

I was killed the first time last night. I'm preeeeeetty sure the mafia did it.

I'm also preeeetttty sure there's either a thirdparty vampire, or a town vampire because of that.
Either way, Purple Walrus was an understandable target, since he was the second highest voted person yesterday.

My suspicions still stand-yd12k, and Calibornio.

Sorry for quadruple post but I don't have tabs and nobody else is posting

but THIS

THIS POST
is the reason you are being lynched

here's what's wrong with it.
SpoilerShow

the problem is your entire defense relies on this post making sense and being airtight. your entire defense rests on the concept that you already looked sort of town because you didn't ride the createtrain. your entire defense rides on this post not being a post scum would ever make under any circumstances.

none of these statements are true, and thus, your defense crumbles.

it does raise a question though: do you claim to have always been bp and meant you were normal FLAVORwise which is unnecessary information; or do you mean you were vanilla and became a bp somehow? because the latter would make sense, thus putting a major blinker on the case against you, in the following contexts:
  • the inventor gave you a bp N1. however, if the apple scoffles claims to have is an item, then this is impossible.
  • you were create's backup. this makes little sense, but is possible I suppose.

...okay so there's only two ways and they're both unlikely. ok
That was a really long post, but to your conclusion I'm gunna have to say- No, it doesn't make my defense

It doesn't matter that I tried to defend 2create in my other argument.

I'mma quote some segments that don't really make sense
In retrospect I quoted like everything, not just things that didn't make sense

Quote:-admittedly, the first point is the only reason I changed my vote early during the day - "why would scum be suicidal". THIS ALONE DOES NOT A DEFENSE MAKE HOWEVER

Yes. It's why I said more than that.

Quote:-I could see a number of reasons for scum to want to shoot PW, honestly. some are silly, others serious.

Can you explain these? Not the silly ones.

Quote:-hAHAHAHA WHY! Why would you assume there's ONLY ONE BUSDRIVER? Why can't scum have a driver? what if the (assumed) vamp sk got redirected off one of them? that makes perfect sense!

Sure, there can be more than one bus driver. Let's assume a scum driver in this case, since I doubt there'd be two town drivers.

The (assumed) vampire decided to target someone almost random, since other than purple walrus and 2create, no one else had more than one vote (might be wrong, but PW was definitely second)
The scum driver targeted the same person somehow. Obviously they'd target one of themselves as one bus location, but the vampire and scum hitting the same target is still very low. Still, let's assume that happened.

Then, scum busser targeted... PW for the other side of the bus. Why? Is it a good idea to target the second most suspicious target with the bus?

It probably didn't happen.

Also, where'd the actual scum kill go? No doctor or anything is actually calling me out in that regard.

Quote:-in games with these players, usually SURVIVALS of any kind give public notification. i.e. if a person is doc'd and hit, is bp, etc, etc. the lack of a SURVIVAL notice is odd. If a person claimed to have been doc'd and been hit, and the survival wasn't announced, I would call bullshit too

I don't think that's true. Otherwise, just by being shot, I'd be confirmed as town, basically. It would at least confirm my role. That's pretty overpowered, in my opinion. I got a private notification.

Can't be sure on that one though. Is that how it is in other mafias?

Quote:-and then. you. rolefished! there was no reason to inquire further into "Dini was roleblocked" really? it had no bearing on the current situation?

...Uh... Miri woulda had a day and night role. That seems like a scum slipup, and was worth clarifying.

Quote:so basically this is why you look scummy, MYW: the majority of your argument for why you're town is "but scum wouldn't do this", and is based 100% on your role being bp and you taking a hit last night!

the argument against you is "that is a blatant lie and your constant insistence upon its truth is not helpful to town at all".

One of my arguments is "it's too dumb for scum to roleclaim with this many players."

Otherwise, my argument is mostly "If I'm not bulletproof, where'd the mafia bullet go?"

And it's a blatant lie that scum wouldn't give up their kill or kill purple walrus or claim a role with so many players?

I don't really see it.

Quote:Why do you assume scum knew you were BP? where is it a written rule that scum knew their kill bounced any more than town did or does. if survivals aren't announced, why tell scum where their kill went? why give scum an exclusive information advantage?
say someone was doc'd, and the scum kill missed. if they were told but survival was not, scum would be aware a doc existed, but town wouldn't! why would that be a thing?

The games I've played as werewolf/scum, being blocked or doctored or something usually come with a message that "you failed because X."
The latter... is a thing because that's how mafia works? Mafia always knows more?

Quote:the problem is your entire defense relies on this post making sense and being airtight. your entire defense rests on the concept that you already looked sort of town because you didn't ride the createtrain. your entire defense rides on this post not being a post scum would ever make under any circumstances.

none of these statements are true, and thus, your defense crumbles.

No, that's something from yesterday and I haven't mentioned it for a while.
But if we're bringing it up- why would mafia rolefish the person who's going to get lynched- That also doesn't make sense. Is it a complete lie that mafia wouldn't do that? Because I can think of no reason why that would happen.

Quote:it does raise a question though: do you claim to have always been bp and meant you were normal FLAVORwise which is unnecessary information; or do you mean you were vanilla and became a bp somehow? because the latter would make sense, thus putting a major blinker on the case against you, in the following contexts:

Uh... I guess I wasn't clear enough? My trope is Not Quite Dead. I am currently not quite dead, because I got shot. I invoke not quite dead by being not quite dead after being shot. It was kinda a joke.

But I guess I'm less inclined to think Red is scum now, since it seems like something pointless for scum to do- proving nonscum is scum when the votes are all against him. Sorta like trying to prove nonscum is nonscum when the votes are against him. Hmm, how about that.
And I'm pretty sure 2create was at 5+1 when I asked him to claim. Either way, I did admit I jumped the gun by about a day.
unvote

how long do we have until deadline again? Not really going to have much time/motivation to mafia today so if I have time to Do Things tomorrow instead that'd be cool

if I don't I can probably rustle up something in the evening but mleh
also votals would be cool those too
Okay yeah official deadline's in something like 18 hours which means we didn't get a 24 hour notice of any sort? Would like to request a 12-hour or so extension if possible :3
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I still don't like that claim but you finally posted things that weren't ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE

so
vote Youdont
(tho it was mostly. ROLE ROLE ROLE ROLE and you need to not do that or tomorrow I swear to god I will lynch you regardless of alignment and/or other player's reactions)
(see if you give me reasons to not yell at you I won't)
(I didn't actually say much I haven't said already.)

(Also. Seriously. Red. You're acting way too angry. Even if it's some kinda scum act/roleplay, there's already been a warning.)
How would it even be a scum act?
Because RAGE RAGE RAGE is a good way to be loud and push for something, especially when you focus on one person and ignore literally everything else. I almost think Red has talked about how myw is a liar and needs to die more than myw has talked about claims.

It's one of the reasons I am legitimately starting to suspect a youdon't/Red scumteam (unless scum is almost entirely lurkers which I guess is a possibility).

Until I see Red jumping off onto youdon't. Now that's not really a thing is it.

Mirdini do you think Red or youdon't is the more likely scum? Do you think it's worth targetting Garuru/granola/some other lurker who didn't pop in with just a vote? I guess other people can answer but I don't really trust any of your opinions fully at this point in time.
(06-08-2013, 07:51 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »Okay yeah official deadline's in something like 18 hours which means we didn't get a 24 hour notice of any sort? Would like to request a 12-hour or so extension if possible :3

Day was already extended due to the marriage thing taking a while.
To quote this post,

Quote:Because this has taken so long, day has been extended to June 9th, 1:00PM MST.
According to my clock, that means you guys have a little more than 25 hours as of right now.

With that said, have some votals.
Soft 5, Hard 10
yd12k (4) - Palamedes, calibornio, myw, Red709
FelixSparks (2) - SupahKiven, Scoffles
Seastormjt (1) - Gnauga
myw (5+1) - Garuru, yd12k, Granola, Cyber (MrGuy)
TehPilot (1) - Viata
the warning didnt even make sense I don't get what it was for exactly still? to me this seems perfectly rational

MYW if you said any of that before it was hidden behind your wave of roleclaim
it stillllllll sort of is but I don't actually have a legitimate theory explaining 2 or more of those points which invalidates my case, if not how scummy you look

wrt maf shooting PW: serious reasons include a role misread (thinking he dropped hints he was something he's not), making people who were on him too hard look worse, or trying to get someone else lynched

I still say one of dini, scoffles, konecpara and pala is scum at least

tho scum doesn't always have more info than town in the sense of role knowledge myw
they only know who not to shoot (their teammates)
also youdont looks bad because he's been nothing but capslock with little to no reasoning

and also that felixjump earlier
was a thing
Vote: yd12k

reasoning n' stuff to come after I've gotten some sleep
GAH I AM SORRY. I haven't had access to my computer for the longest time... So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna explain myself, and later tonight once I have a chance to catch up I will do a read wall.

So, here's the short version. Whatever Mirdini is, I'm now a town-sided version of it as of last night. Take this as you will. Note, it's a good thing.

I can explain more later, I'm being called away again. Expect a read-wall and some form of explanation and role-claiming in the near future.
(06-08-2013, 09:05 PM)FelixSparks Wrote: »So, here's the short version. Whatever Mirdini is, I'm now a town-sided version of it as of last night. Take this as you will. Note, it's a good thing.

I can explain more later, I'm being called away again. Expect a read-wall and some form of explanation and role-claiming in the near future.

well since you claiming is now by extension me claiming (apparently) I think you might want to hold back on doing so?

I mean you can so far as to reassure everyone else that my role makes 0 sense as a scum role but revealing exactly what's up with it seems suboptimal for the town
well that and if that item did what I think it did to you and granola we'll know what you are soon enough as is
Doubtful. A double-kill? I know the match balance seems odd at times, but a day double-kill is kind of ridiculous.
[Image: xwldX.gif]