Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)
RE: Tropefia - A PYP - N2: Who's That Create (20/24) - GET YOUR ACTIONS IN
So 2create was like "Hey I've got a PRETTY EXCELLENT ROLE HERE and could be a HUGE HELP TO THE TOWN yeah you guys can just go ahead and lynch me"
To be fair, he probably would've been lynched by that point anyway. I guess I'm not of hard on him because the same thing happened to me my first mafia ( although I was WAAAAAAAY less active).
:|
If I've done my math correctly, if 2create had claimed, they would have still been immune to the mafia kill, and have stood a better chance of getting out of the lynch.

also unrelated
SpoilerShow
[Image: xwldX.gif]
SEE
SEE I TOLD YOU
ROLE CLAIM AND DEFEND YOURSELF IF YOU'RE TOWN

Anyhow, this means I'm in the clear, right? Disregarding any meta arguments made about me stating that I'm in the clear? regardless, I'll give my piece-

Yesterday I was a perfectly normal town, but today I am Not Quite Dead. Means I was town bulletproof. I'm assuming since I kinda showed I was town yesterday by trying to make 2create say something useful, and did my job of absorbing 1 mafia hit.

I was killed the first time last night. I'm preeeeeetty sure the mafia did it.

I'm also preeeetttty sure there's either a thirdparty vampire, or a town vampire because of that.
Either way, Purple Walrus was an understandable target, since he was the second highest voted person yesterday.

My suspicions still stand-yd12k, and Calibornio.
RE: Tropefia - A PYP - D3: Dead Walrus (19/24)
yeah I think I am good with Vote: youdon't for now. My other suspects still stand.

Myw part of me wants to call you a liar but another part of me doesn't believe you'd come out and say 'hey I'm a bulletproof too!' Unless you're scum bulletproof which could easily exist.

Why vampire, specifically? Or is that the same thing as a killer/vigilante?
Myw, I'm still not sure if you're town, but you are looking less scummy. I'm still confused how you seemed to know what 2create's role was. Unless you just had a lucky guess. That is the main reason I thought you were scum. Because you didn't think 2create was scum, but you were trying to hide it. Which doesn't make sense to me.
(06-04-2013, 05:08 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »yeah I think I am good with Vote: youdon't for now. My other suspects still stand.

Myw part of me wants to call you a liar but another part of me doesn't believe you'd come out and say 'hey I'm a bulletproof too!' Unless you're scum bulletproof which could easily exist.

Why vampire, specifically? Or is that the same thing as a killer/vigilante?

The flavor text was vampire.

3 points to defend myself-
A) Wouldn't scum bulletproof be overpowered? It doesn't seem like something anyone would do.
B) Town bulletproof is a pretty regular role, so it'd be kinda risky for me to declare such so early if I didn't know the bulletproof was me.
C) It's not really the same role as Scenery as you go. I just came out and said it because I already did my part- get killed once. The mafia already knows I'm bulletproof, so everyone else might as well know too. Specially since it serves no purpose anymore.

(06-04-2013, 05:14 AM)calibornio Wrote: »Myw, I'm still not sure if you're town, but you are looking less scummy. I'm still confused how you seemed to know what 2create's role was. Unless you just had a lucky guess. That is the main reason I thought you were scum. Because you didn't think 2create was scum, but you were trying to hide it. Which doesn't make sense to me.

Still think you're scum, but basically I already explained it-
I wanted the guy who was about to die to roleclaim, because it makes sense.
Yeah MYW, that's still not how it works. I agree that with that role in that situation it would've been a good idea, but claiming is still a bad thing to do?
Why would claiming to help you not get lynched ever be a bad idea
I have seen scum bulletproofs/doctors on several occaisions, they are moderately common in a game with non-mafia kills.

That being said I'm still not so sure you'd be that ballsy as to claim bulletproof when a town bulletproof literally just dropped dead (2create). Also I had you as a moderate townread yesterday.
Claiming is usually not a good thing. First, it could lead to annoying mass claims, which take the fun out of mafia. Next, most good roles aren't usually bulletproof so the mafia could easily kill them, especially since we no longer have a bodyguard/doctor.
MYW, there's no evidence that you actually got hit by anyone. It wasn't announced that you survived a kill in daystart.

how do we know you're not lying scum cashing in on not taking a shot last night, hmm?

WRT 2create, gonna be honest here: His ability was to "permanently give up his vote for a permanent BP"

HIS POWER WAS TO STUMP HIMSELF

by definition, stumps don't count towards the vote total
even if he used his power, it wouldn't count towards "number of town maf have to kill to win the game" because all maf has to do is CONTROL THE VOTE. They don't have to kill until there are only x number of town alive, as long as they control the vote unanimously, town loses.

Therefore the fact that we actually DID lynch him is kind of a good thing in some ways: If 2create had activated his power and stumped himself, then we had mislynched PW instead (who apparently was also town and a nexus that didn't work on kills so... uhhhh yeah), and scum and the vampire shot people who weren't MYW/ scum actually shot if MYW is lying scum; then we'd actually be down 4 town, effectively.

:/
Mass claiming != claiming, and is in no way necessarily caused by it.

I do think myw jumped the gun, but in most situations if you are about to eat a lynch and are a powerful (or provable) town role you should claim. Either you prove yourself or get some results, or the mafia is forced to spend their kill on you, as opposed to, I don't know, town using up a lynch when they could potentially be lynching scum instead.
(06-04-2013, 06:11 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Mass claiming != claiming, and is in no way necessarily caused by it.

I do think myw jumped the gun, but in most situations if you are about to eat a lynch and are a powerful (or provable) town role you should claim. Either you prove yourself or get some results, or the mafia is forced to spend their kill on you, as opposed to, I don't know, town using up a lynch when they could potentially be lynching scum instead.

hhh. claiming shouldn't be your main method of escaping a lynch though. Relying on so-called "Cleared town" is a great way to get led on the scumbus to hell

oh and
Vote Scoffles

Scum!law, is that you
(06-04-2013, 05:59 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »I have seen scum bulletproofs/doctors on several occaisions, they are moderately common in a game with non-mafia kills.

That being said I'm still not so sure you'd be that ballsy as to claim bulletproof when a town bulletproof literally just dropped dead (2create). Also I had you as a moderate townread yesterday.

Yeah, I wasn't really considering 2create, but I can see that they would be similar roles.

few more points to defend myself with then.

1. 2create's thing is not exactly the same as bulletproof- it was a new role all together. Similar, but different.
2. The dead prove that man roles are standard.
3. If I were scum bulletproof, Purple Walrus would have been killed by mafia, right? I mean, he coulda been, but I doubt it, for a new list of reasons.
A) he was second most voted for yesterday. Smart scum woulda left him
B) for the same reason, a vig has pretty good reason to kill him
C) Vampire Flavor probably means not mafia. I still think my argument about the lack of Bear Flavor from malkyfia was good.

So for those reasons, Purp was killed by a vigilante, and I was killed by the mafia.
I know that, but I'm talking about 'okay I can't get you to believe I'm town might as well reveal I'm the vig/cop/watcher/whathaveyou' as opposed to 'OH NO A VOTE I MUST CLAIM'.

Also Red if we lynched PW the vampire might have also shot someone who was scum! Also, losing your vote and becoming a BP does not make you a stump. A stump is a specific role that relies on getting shot first, so as far as I can tell 2create would have still counted against overrun. Oh yeah, and do you really, really think myw would have the scumguts to drop in after a town bulletproof dies and say 'hey I was shot!'.
EBWOP: Also myw he was just a different type of bulletproof, not a completely different role. Doctor and bodyguard, or tracker and watcher are similar but completely different roles. Doesn't really make a difference but I feel the need to point it out anyways d: .
(06-04-2013, 06:10 AM)Red709 Wrote: »MYW, there's no evidence that you actually got hit by anyone. It wasn't announced that you survived a kill in daystart.

how do we know you're not lying scum cashing in on not taking a shot last night, hmm?

WRT 2create, gonna be honest here: His ability was to "permanently give up his vote for a permanent BP"

HIS POWER WAS TO STUMP HIMSELF

by definition, stumps don't count towards the vote total
even if he used his power, it wouldn't count towards "number of town maf have to kill to win the game" because all maf has to do is CONTROL THE VOTE. They don't have to kill until there are only x number of town alive, as long as they control the vote unanimously, town loses.

Therefore the fact that we actually DID lynch him is kind of a good thing in some ways: If 2create had activated his power and stumped himself, then we had mislynched PW instead (who apparently was also town and a nexus that didn't work on kills so... uhhhh yeah), and scum and the vampire shot people who weren't MYW/ scum actually shot if MYW is lying scum; then we'd actually be down 4 town, effectively.

:/

So in order for me to be scum, you think scum gave up a free kill to introduce me as a fake town?
It's not implausible, but like... any investigation or anything would waste that effort, and then the town basically wasted a free kill.

and it wouldn't come up in the day's news what happened to me because it would be much too informative.

I'm not feeling you're town, red, since that's a really strange leap in logic.

And yeah, I guess 2create's ability was pretty pointless, but if he could trick scum into killing him once it would be useful. Lynching him didn't actually help anything either.

Actually, it did help one thing- the scum figured I was town or some kinda mason for some reason (just because I wanted 2create to roleclaim to keep himself alive/give everyone else some information)
so they shot me, and wasted their night kill.

(06-04-2013, 06:11 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Mass claiming != claiming, and is in no way necessarily caused by it.

I don't think I jumped a gun, because
1) my power is useless now
2) scum know I am bulletproof, since I'm clearly not dead and I think they might have gotten a notification
3) we lost our bodyguard and doctor(?) so thats not the reason why I'm not dead
4) If scum know I'm just the bulletproof, everyone else might as well know that one too

I'm also claiming so you guys all know I'm town.
Alright, not KNOW I'm town, but honestly I think my reasoning is pretty sound. I made like 4 lists explaining myself and everything. I think I earned at least some kinda psuedo clear.
Have you ever heard of doctors? Or busdrivers? There's multiple ways to survive a kill. True, I don't see you being docced, but busdriven is a thing scum could've assumed. But no instead you go and CLAIM UNPROVOKED WHAT WHY

HELL IT'S NOT EVEN CERTAIN YOU WERE TARGETED BY A SCUM KILL.
UNLESS YOU KNOW IT'S A SCUM KILL
BECAUSE YOU
ARE
THE
SCUMMIEST
OR POSSIBLY DERPIEST
PERSON
ALIVE
Vote MYW'

You are only wanting people to claim and defending yourself. That's not town. That's scum.
I'm still not sure whether myw or yd12k are scum, but we should probably lynch one of them today. For one, they would give us the most info, and 2, they seem to be the scummiest so far.
Vote: yd12k
(06-04-2013, 08:32 AM)yd12k Wrote: »Have you ever heard of doctors? Or busdrivers? There's multiple ways to survive a kill. True, I don't see you being docced, but busdriven is a thing scum could've assumed. But no instead you go and CLAIM UNPROVOKED WHAT WHY

HELL IT'S NOT EVEN CERTAIN YOU WERE TARGETED BY A SCUM KILL.
UNLESS YOU KNOW IT'S A SCUM KILL
BECAUSE YOU
ARE
THE
SCUMMIEST
OR POSSIBLY DERPIEST
PERSON
ALIVE
Vote MYW'

You are only wanting people to claim and defending yourself. That's not town. That's scum.

Wow that does not make much sense and addresses nothing I stated
I want to vote for you, but I fear a Fool or something
(04-19-2013, 04:00 AM)LegendaryQ Wrote: »[*]As always, even if I am planning to balance this game, bastardry is always a possible thing, though nothing extreme. No changing alignments, no jesters, etc.

Please read the rules
Calibornio, why did you vote for me in favor of myw?
wow you and pala are both insane, MYW????

look at your arguments.
look at them.

"HEY GUYS, I'M BULLETPROOF
THAT'S WHY THERE'S NO SECOND KILL
NO
NO JUST TRUST ME ON THIS
IT'S NOT POSSIBLE SCUM DIDN'T MAKE A KILL
NO IT'S FINE IT WASN'T ANNOUNCED IN DAYSTART JUST TRUST ME ON THIS I GOT SHOT
OH AND ALL THAT ROLEFISHING YESTERDAY TOTALLY WASN'T SCUMMY I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE 2CREATE"

no?????????????????????????
no
nooooo???

the fact that you're yelling about HEY GUYS I"M CLEAR makes me think you're NOT clear??? Why would you do that?! why. at all

when there is actual evidence you are a BP I will stop thinking you're actually some kind of scum gambit or 3P in disguise, until then you're staying firmly in the "I want to see dead at some point" category

normally "x survived a kill" shows up at daystart in both open AND closed setup games??????????????????
otherwise it is mechanically impossible to prove you just survived a kill. at all. in any way.

also Pala I'm pretty sure "Stump" in general refers to a role that no longer possesses a vote and is therefore a living slot, but doesn't count towards the number of town vs scum
and while I don't think he'd have the guts, I really don't trust the way he threw that claim out... at all... if there was even a shred of evidence for him having been shot that isn't "there weren't two kills N2" I would say he's clear
but because there weren't...

ugh
your bullshit can wait though MYW

Scum!law is first