Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)
RE: Tropefia - A PYP - D2: Milk Stains (21/24)
Oh hi ninja.

Viata I feel incredibly neutral about that post. Which is strange because usually a post about that long and about related things I mostly agree with makes me feel alright about someone.

What are your reads? Because that post is filled with a lot of easy comments to make but aren't worth a whole lot contentwise, and considering your own post I'd think you'd have done that right away.

PS I feel good about Mirdini and literally nobody else.
I feel alright about myw, Pilot, and Scofflaw (pending on his comments or lack thereof0
I am ambivalent about a whole lot of people.
My eyes are narrowed at you, Red, and Gnauga, and to some extent 2create
Kiven, Walrus, youdon't, Cali, and cyber (who I just noticed is popping in to inject small, contentless posts and isn't really saying all that much) are all people I would be happy to lynch.
(05-30-2013, 10:41 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Viata I feel incredibly neutral about that post. Which is strange because usually a post about that long and about related things I mostly agree with makes me feel alright about someone.

What are your reads? Because that post is filled with a lot of easy comments to make but aren't worth a whole lot contentwise, and considering your own post I'd think you'd have done that right away.
Like I said I'm not done with my stuff because some things happened earlier and I need some time since I'm still reeling from them. But I don't like making heavy contentposts until I'm completely done reading everything and I know that I understand what's going on. I'm still in the "here's the only stuff I can dish out until I'm in full swing" mode and right now it's just the general things that I keep seeing that bother me. You're in the right for calling me out but I don't think it's fair yet unless I go another day without giving reads, you can get on me then.

But idk I'm not reading create as mafia (he's being antitown so maybe he's third but I keep seeing this pattern with other people so I really doubt it), and I don't really like Red's recent stuff either but I want answers from myw first.
(05-30-2013, 10:31 PM)Viata Wrote: »myw posts sound like heavy rolefishing. I don't want a roleclaim out of create as much as I want more opinions out of create. Why do you think we can get information *only* out of roleclaims?? I also don't get why getting the roleclaim really matters if you think he's scum anyway.

vote myw
(I might change this when I'm finally done with my notes but for now this will do. concentration issues blah)

Well I think he's scum now, because he's deciding to vote for me at the turn of the hat when I'm asking for information to make him seem less scummy.

Last time I checked, 2Create had the most votes for him.

Roleclaims are not the only information obtainable, but I'd say they carry more weight than "I think this guy is X because he smells funny"

He doesn't have the majority of the votes, but 10 in hammer, right? If it were me I really wouldn't wait till my votes got any higher before trying to hand out any kind of useful information to prove my notscumminess.
I'm more worried by the TAKE YOUR PANTS OFF
(05-30-2013, 10:49 PM)myw Wrote: »Roleclaims are not the only information obtainable, but I'd say they carry more weight than "I think this guy is X because he smells funny"
The issue with this though is what good's a roleclaim going to do if he's likely going to be lynched anyway? I mean I think that if he's immediate danger of being lynched and a pr then he should claim, I agree, but the way you're wording it is roleclaims are the *best* source of information when I think reads have a lot more value to them after someone has died. Create's roleclaim will mean nothing to us when he's dead, but his opinions will, won't they?

Also rereading Pal's post makes me feel weird because I don't remember Pal giving any actual reasoning for wanting to lynch why they want to lynch, they just dished out a bunch of lists. This makes me feel even worse because they called me out for giving a lot of little content when they did basically the same thing in the last post so feeling a little scum there
I've talked about youdon't and Kiven and agreed Walrus was like them. I briefly said something about cyber in that post which makes him like the previous three. I talked about cali a little bit before. She's kind of like the other four (a little less so because no immediate posts come to mind) but also a little worse due to sticking out like a sore thumb on the Cat lynch. So I think I did actually give reasons, sorry if you wanted everything retyped but A) I'm not making a wall if I can avoid it, and B) I figured you're reading this all anyways and would notice that.

PS if we're talking roleclaims those are usually best done with ~24 hours left in the day because otherwise we enter desperate quicklynch territory. And if someone is nigh confirmed town (through roleclaim or info learned about them) their reads are just as valuable as if they are dead?
Well if you've already stated your reasons then there's no need to repeat them, I'll get to them eventually anyway when I read through this; thanks for at least clearing that up. Sorry this is taking longer than I said it would lol

Pal is that last question directed at me?? Because people who are nigh confirmed town should be giving opinions anyway, being confirmed doesn't mean it's okay to be lazy... ?? so duh of course their opinions are valuable. I don't get it
Just in general. Red/you/myw are talking about it so I figured I'd add my two sense worth.

But it was prompted by you saying:

(05-30-2013, 10:54 PM)Viata Wrote: »I think reads have a lot more value to them after someone has died. Create's roleclaim will mean nothing to us when he's dead, but his opinions will, won't they?

Implication here is that someone has to be dead for their opinions/reads to really be valuable, which I disagree with under certain circumstances (aka being cleared or nigh-cleared).
Thinking about it, I'm not really sure what good a roleclaim would do anyway - somebody who actually has that role could call him out, but in a setup this big there might be similar roles, and regardless it probably wouldn't be wise for actual town to make themselves obvious to the mafia anyway. On the other hand, even if he does have that role we have little or no reason to actually believe him - if he picks something important he could be trying to dodge a lynch, if not then blah blah blah WIFOM.

So I guess I have to agree that it really comes down more to his reads than anything else. Personally I'm interested what he thinks of myw, Pala, Gnauga, Red and I, but that's mainly because lots of talking gives you more to go on, y'know? Also Pilot because I'm not very willing to let the whole Cat thing go.

Speaking of, is konec still around? I think he mentioned being busy or something but I don't really want to trawl the thread to check when I just did that re: Pilot.
It's that time again
5 soft, 11 hard
calibornio (1) - myw
2create (4+1) - Gnauga, yd12k, cyber95 and also TehPilot with his special little deadline
yd12k (1) - Purple Walrus
MathGirl (1) - calibornio
myw (2) - Red709, Viata
Purple Walrus (2) - Mirdini, Palamedes

25.5 hours remain in Day 2.
Well obviously one could not counterclaim right away? And besides I'd rather have a claimed cop or something alive for another day, if for no other reason than they draw a nightkill (lest scum give them the chance to prove themselves with a check or two).

Basically besides Pilot and I guess cyber a little (now that I've remembered he's the doublevoter - but technically Q could have made that a scum role just to mess with us) the entire 2create wagon stinks. Also, it's interesting how nobody on it is responding to defences/theories about 2create besides a couple 'no I'm right I know it', and all four of them are basically one step above being outright lurkers.

Oh hey Guy got a vote?
myw is iffy as hell right now imo

d1 posts feel meh, starts d2 with what sounded like rolecop slip but turned out to be "no scoffles don't shoot me", rolefishinnn is more bleh than 2create rn, and not a fan of the given logic (or viata's response), also... 2create is literally only at soft because cyber

fact: unless you're an info role about to get lynched, plz don't claim
I don't care what you are if you're a pr of any consequence all claiming will do is give scum an easy night target

considering doc is dead already that's a thing remember

pala simply put that rolefishing feels worse than 2create just being
weird
2create lynch is still a thing I don't hate with my entire soul but.... hhhhhhh
I don't want to lynch myw OR 2create though!

I don't hate a 2create lynch but I am not a fan of mywlynch at all. Rolefishery stuff is sounding exactly like a newish person with respect to 'power roles should claim' and I feel like you are pressing way too much on this and literally ignoring almost everything else (I no longer think you're obvious town because of stuff like this btw). Also their stance against 2create feels more legitimate than pretty much anyone else on it.

Also I reiterate if you're about to get lynched and claim a delicious role that scum HAS to kill, then we get to lynch someone else and you either get killed or are given a day to prove your role. I fail to see what's so bad about it (though yeah claiming right away is awful especially if you're not at/barely at softlynch).
I agree that myw doesn't look bad. The way I'm seeing it, it's less rolefishing and more attempting to justify a lynch. I'm okay with Viata I think.

Sorry, I just uh... kind of don't know what to say.
(05-31-2013, 01:52 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »1. I don't want to lynch myw OR 2create though!

I don't hate a 2create lynch but I am not a fan of mywlynch at all. Rolefishery stuff is sounding exactly like a newish person with respect to 'power roles should claim' and 2. I feel like you are pressing way too much on this and literally ignoring almost everything else 3. (I no longer think you're obvious town because of stuff like this btw).

1. views differ
2. you're wrong
3. don't care

to elaborate on 2: I've looked at others but amongst them 2create lynch gives most info atm due to talk!create

-MYW is mostly a VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBE so it's probably wrong but something feels way off and I'm plenty willing to poke it
-PW needs to die but I want to reread his posts first because I keep forgetting he exists
gnauga is another VIIIIIIIIBE thing
-I don't know if granola is still under suspicion after replacing credit? hhhh
-Cali is less bleh than PW, slightly more than create but I don't really have anything solid enough or viiiiibey enough to want to murder him

2create has the most reasons to be lynched
myw is giving me the strongest VIIIIIIIIIIBESSSSS
yeh

to elaborate on 3: I don't care what any of you think wrt my alignment, I'm going to keep trying to hunt scum and going after people I think need to die

call me scum if you want idgaf
the only fucks I shall give are directed at scum
also while I dont want to bring meta into this lurklaw is making me think scumlaw
also forgot to answer why:

because claiming in general is a practice that should be avoided

the longer maf is in the dark the better
I'd rather the possibility we don't lynch an unclaimed vig who stays anonymous at least one more night maybe two but if vig claims out of lynch what scum would let him live

e v e r

I don't want pants dropped every lynch thx, but I can't stop them either
so everyone that isn't on 2create or actual-favored-lynch Walrus please get in here and talk/justify sitting on dead wagons

mostly I mean the people who aren't voting for anyone, which comes to a list of: MrGuy/konec0/Scoffles/Garuru/FelixSparks/SupahKiven(???)/seastorm/Mathgirl/granolaman

y'all should do things you're JUST ABOUT HALF THE PLAYER LIST >:(

anyway Pala I can get behind a calibornio lynch I think possibly? It has a vote on it so if we both jump that's 4 with 6 more to a solid lynch
*3 same difference

would also be more fine with Walrus lynch happening perhaps if those people who aren't voting/are on not-active wagons did things
Red we have 24 hours left in the day it's a bit past the stage where poke-voting is viable

s'nailing-down-lynches time
I would be alright with a Walrus or Calibornio lynch (since those were like two out of the three people I harped on during day one).
For me it's one of the two Dini, let's see if anyone is willing to go for Walrus first since I actually agree with your reads there as opposed to calibornio who isn't great but feels a little better than Walrus. What calibornio really has against them is the fact that they are one of the most likely scum on the Cat wagon (and there is totally scum on the Cat wagon).
meta question- has caliborno been in other mafias?
I know I'm basically just lurking and stuff but Red is there anybody you don't find suspicious
Red709 this is a moderator request for you to calm your tits and remember that we are a teamfriendly forum even when accusing each other of being dirty lying mafia scum.

Same goes for the rest of you.