Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tropefia - A PYP - N5: Downed Guy (11/24) (need replacement)
RE: Tropefia - A PYP -D1: For Realsies (24/24)
(05-19-2013, 07:59 PM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »
(05-19-2013, 03:00 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »Actually Credit looks awful as hell for his jumping between cali and Walrus, and his pushing for the WARLOCK thing. Vote: Credit.

I did not vote for you as a warlock. I simply stated that one of you/cyber was probably a warlock. It's not "pushing" anything. And since cyber admitted he can double vote, how can you disprove me?
"disprove"... wh...at. are you even talking about he was saying you were rolefishing which admittedly you were

cyber being exposed is the EXACT OPPOSITE of a good thing for your case of not being lynched why would you think it was a good thing I just...

w h y

Normally I'd be with Pala on this but that response felt so terrible that I'm starting to get a "no way it's that easy" feeling
(05-19-2013, 03:30 AM)SupahKiven Wrote: »Also would like to hear from konec0, because he came in during the half-RVS thing but didn't really say anything.

(05-17-2013, 11:45 PM)konec0 Wrote: »additional note I have abruptly become Very Busy this weekend. whoops. Talk about bad timing...

but ok lemme skim through and see what we have here

-----

(05-19-2013, 07:49 PM)2create Wrote: »I think I might not have been clear. I will vote for PW if it makes the difference between hardlynch and softlynch or softlynch and nolynch.

"yeah I don't actually wanna vote for him but I'll hammer if I need to"
seems legit

(05-19-2013, 07:49 PM)2create Wrote: »My motivation here is not to avoid looking like scum, it is to say that I don't have confidence in that bandwagon, but the reasons to join in are good enough for me to add my vote if it's needed.

"imma wagon if other people do"
seems legit

(05-19-2013, 07:49 PM)2create Wrote: »unvote; vote: cat

really
after all that talk about "oh I'll only vote PW if it's at softlynch/hammer"
R E A L L Y

2create is this your first game

----

(05-19-2013, 02:40 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »i have the double vote

why would you reveal it this early
why would you use it on Red
why would you use it on Red during RVS

...unless, of course, it wasn't a randomvote

----

(05-19-2013, 07:29 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »I have nothing to say I am policy lynching Cat d1

can u not
it's the d1 rvs merry-go-round people are reading far too much into things that are not actually things

like not that only half of the people playing are really saying things at all, but that doesn't matter because THE SCUM ARE THE ONES WHO ARE TALKING right?

like look

SpoilerShow

I'd be willing to bet [insert measure of value here] that at least (24 players 6-7ish scum) 5 of the scum are in the bottom half of that 'who posted' list. That means everyone down from SupahKiven-ish. Sure, some of that list is skewed by the stupid pre-game shenanigans but as far as I can see those that were goofing around pre-game are the ones posting a lot right now too. This does not make them scum, this just makes them targets for the inevitable 'oh man we gotta get out of RVS THIS THING IS SLIGHTLY SCUMMY' bandwagon and then the eventually inevitable either no-lynch or 'we need a lynch how about this slightly scummy thing' mach speed lynch.

All in all d1 is pretty unproductive in general and I am far more in favor of just using it to (at least try to) lynch someone who needs to have a lynch stuffed into their face before they'll ever do anything.

like I am seriously considering the world where all of Red/ICGC/calibornio/2create/konec0/Pala/Scoffles/MrGuy/cyber95 are town. Not so sure about konec0/frigid/TehPilot but even they're far less of a target for me than INVETERATE LURKERS at this point.
Mmmmokay

I see your point, Dindins

I disagree about policy lynching Cat but that's a better sort of approach to it
As far as that last bit about all-town world

I can see it? But I think there is at least one scum among Walrus/2create/Credit
Frigid I can't actually remember what he's said but I know he's been around so that's not a great sign
MrGuy is so town, holy shit. And cyber has basically got to be town, right? Red is.. probably town?
Dini and Cat Boss are flat sleb
(05-19-2013, 09:56 PM)konec0 Wrote: »
(05-19-2013, 02:40 AM)cyber95 Wrote: »i have the double vote

why would you reveal it this early
why would you use it on Red
why would you use it on Red during RVS

...unless, of course, it wasn't a randomvote

Having an automatic doublevote is probably approximately the hardest power to hide in the history of mafia, revealed exactly as soon as I vote for the first time.

Unless you think it's voluntary, in which case, no, every one of my votes counts for two. S'not that amazing ability. It helps me, personally, because if I want somebody to die, I help them get there faster, but it's pretty neutral on the townfront. If the town points out somebody that is scum and I vote for them then whether or not it's useful is still based on whether or not they're right. If they are, then great, I just helped some scum get dead more quickly, and if not, then I helped town get dead more quickly.
It also gives you a +1 advantage over scum at endgame. Like, if it's 50/50 between scum and town, town doesn't lose yet. But that's kind of a null point anyways, because it's automatic and therefore easily discovered.

Oh, and I think doublevoters can be scum too, so I'm not all that inclined to trust cyber, but he's been okay so far, and claiming right away is actually kinda townish anyways because . Just... y'know... do things. That help town. Yeah.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
EBWOP: claiming is town because scum loves confusion. so, scum would try to be as obtuse as possible while town frantically search for the doublevoter.
Er, not that all claiming is town. Just that particular case. Most of the time, claiming is a bad thing, and people should not do it.
I sort of agree with Mirdini here. I'm pretty sure that scum are just laughing at us while we kill ourselves off without any effort on their part. Well, there's probably one or two talking just to keep the carnage going, but I'd rather go for the people who haven't said even one thing since daystart.

Namely... MathGirl, FelixSparks, Gnauga, or Seastorm I think... Even if they are town, they shouldn't be allowed to just be dead weight like they're doing now. Also, probably the people that have only posted once or twice since daystart should probably be prodded.
Lolwut?
I'm kinda suspicious of K(ey)eros because he seemed really excited to join this, but he hasn't really posted since RVS.
hhhhh

I am actually down with lynching a lurker (or CC because that is a thing that we still need to do one of these days) D1 just to get things moving but at the same time I REALLY want to see some of the more active people hang, too

if it comes down to "speedlynch lurker" against "Speedlynch an active" I say we speedlynch the lurker, but until then my vote stays firmly on 2create
of course it'd be cool if we DIDN'T speedlynch someone d1 for the first time in a while but...
Apologies, first time I've been on all weekend.... Let's answer things directed at me in order.

To answer Frigid from page 9, asking where I've been, I was at a LARP all weekend with terrible reception, otherwise I would have posted sooner.

To say again for Frigid a few lines above, sorry bro, was out of town. BACK NOW AND READY TO KICK SOME ASS. You know, hopefully. I'm not very good at these yet, so not much to add, I'll start reading more from here on, kind of skimmed to get caught up.
(05-20-2013, 12:01 AM)frigidScholar Wrote: »I sort of agree with Mirdini here. I'm pretty sure that scum are just laughing at us while we kill ourselves off without any effort on their part.

kill ourselves off
on day 1
(05-20-2013, 12:15 AM)calibornio Wrote: »I'm kinda suspicious of K(ey)eros because he seemed really excited to join this, but he hasn't really posted since RVS.
I'm sorry, since when have we been out of RVS? We're still running around leadless with nothing but a double voter to go on. I dislike RVS, and it looks like we're barely shifting out of it at the moment, exactly when I need to go to bed. So perfect timing all around.
Not literally, jeeeeeez
Lolwut?
(05-20-2013, 03:41 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »I'm sorry, since when have we been out of RVS? We're still running around leadless with nothing but a double voter to go on. I dislike RVS, and it looks like we're barely shifting out of it at the moment, exactly when I need to go to bed. So perfect timing all around.

We've been out of RVS for awhile, although we're still acting silly. Anyway, what's your opinion on the Redwagon, PWwagon, and my defense of PW.
(05-20-2013, 03:42 AM)frigidScholar Wrote: »Not literally, jeeeeeez

to be fair I didn't like that post either

feels really 'scum trying to act like a townie'
(05-19-2013, 09:56 PM)konec0 Wrote: »really
after all that talk about "oh I'll only vote PW if it's at softlynch/hammer"
R E A L L Y

2create is this your first game

Can't I talk about 2 different things in my post?
This is my first mafia > 10 people.

Also what's so bad about a policy bandwagon?
(05-20-2013, 03:41 AM)Kíeros Wrote: »this again

I will lynch you

(05-20-2013, 07:01 AM)2create Wrote: »Also what's so bad about a policy bandwagon?

usually? it's bad because it doesn't do anything to catch scum. Sure, you might get lucky and policy bandwagon on someone who is in the mafia but assuming the policy lynch is basically random (it usually is) it's far more likely to hit town (UNLIKE a day one lynch based on people's actions etc.)

My policy lynch on Cat here is a special case because a. I find it an interesting thought experiment and b. maybe cat will finally do something if I bring her to h-1 on day one
(05-20-2013, 07:12 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »

I will lynch you

SEE??

SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

seperate note... 2create the problem isn't you talking about 2 (or more) things the problem is those 2+ things are Terrible and/or Contadictory
re: policy lynch we need people to talk about things that are happen and not hunker down for what is effectively an easy lynch, esp. not this early

(easy lynch because it's pretty damn hard to argue against "oh i'm gonna lynch you on policy" which is Not a Logic)

(05-20-2013, 07:01 AM)2create Wrote: »Can't I talk about 2 different things in my post?

yes because your attitude re: voting and your attitude re: voting are totally two different things
you're all "right i'm gonna waffle around on PW like i'm only gonna vote him if it's hammer or somesuch" and yet on Cat you're all "hopping on this wagon ASAP #yolo #swag"

why the difference is the main question here

also i see you've played before so Vote: 2create
also can we get some votals up ins thank Q

(no forums i do not want to wait 41 more seconds)
(05-20-2013, 07:49 AM)Red709 Wrote: »
(05-20-2013, 07:12 AM)Mirdini Wrote: »

I will lynch you

SEE??

SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE
yeah okay I didn't think that was gonna happen every single post so fair enough

kieros stop it