This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff

This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
RE: This is gonna be the thread where we talk about stuff
(05-07-2013, 05:54 PM)MrGuy Wrote: »Well there's at least three people on the forums who make music (Superfrequency, konec and me [not even remotely on the same level but still], and I know I can make time if neither of them can) so you're probably in luck!

Mr. Guy You may be the greatest Guy that ever Guyed! I gonna wait little while because I've also shot an email to the local Music College to see what's up with that. If that falls through I'll PM you extra details if that's all good with you?

(05-07-2013, 06:02 PM)Norivia Wrote: »If you're able to fully credit the musician (in the credits or whatever) you could find someone who has released music under the Attribution Creative Commons license. Liiiiiike Kevin MacLeod: Incompetech.com. His is just an attribution license, not Attribution-Sharealike, so as long as you credit him you don't have to release your work under Creative Commons. There's a lot of stuff in there as background tracks for movies and etc. Maybe you'll find something good? I dunno. Good luck!

Ah yes I'm well aware of Incompetech and it's definitely in my 'If all else fails' plan. I suppose the problem with using existing music is that it's never going to match perfectly with what I've planned out. I could make a sorta frankenstein soundtrack out of multiple songs but that's never ideal. In hindsight finding some existing music and animating to that would of been...a lot easier than what i'm doing now. Meloncholy

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!
I can make music!*†‡

* But only if it doesn't involve instruments.
† Rhythm not included in standard package.
‡ It doesn't need to sound good, does it?
[Image: zjQ0y.gif][Image: vcGGy.gif]
(05-07-2013, 06:23 PM)Lankie Wrote: »Mr. Guy You may be the greatest Guy that ever Guyed! I gonna wait little while because I've also shot an email to the local Music College to see what's up with that. If that falls through I'll PM you extra details if that's all good with you?

Sure thing, man. I could always use the extra practice!
(05-07-2013, 07:17 PM)Pick Yer Poison Wrote: »I can make music!*†‡

* But only if it doesn't involve instruments.
† Rhythm not included in standard package.
‡ It doesn't need to sound good, does it?

Duly noted! Considering I basically have nothing to offer in return for this music, I'd feel kinda dickish demanding THE FINEST QUALITY.
Also don't sell yourself short your probably good.

(05-07-2013, 07:50 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »What exactly are you looking for?

e:

[Image: wheresthesoftelectronic.png]

Haha

Yes I'd like some medium electronic music please

Well the animation is about an adventurer searching an ancient Egyptian tomb for cursed treasure. So very 'Arabian Nights-y' plus elements of Raiders of The lost Ark.

I like my electronic music medium-rare.
(05-07-2013, 08:13 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Are you limited by music you own the rights to for this project?

We've been told that if you get can the permission from the copyright holder then you can use it. Other than that we're limited to Royalty Free creative commons stuff and music made specifically for the project.

I'll admit I haven't really looked into details of copyright for the project all that much, though.
Good on ya. My (3D) animation is due Thursday. I sure hope it doesn’t turn into one of those three-day-to-render monsters, since I don’t have three days and I only have assets, not animations.

Except the sounds. I better get cracking on that.

(05-07-2013, 07:50 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »Yes I'd like some medium electronic music please
i order mine blue then keep sending it back until they’ve turned it into charcoal
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
(Haha, that was just a joke, sorry. I'm not selling myself short - I don't actually music at all.)
(05-07-2013, 08:29 PM)Superfrequency Wrote: »The best I could do in half an hour are Kevin MacLeod's selections and this composition by Peter John Ross. Sorry.

There's some usable stuff here! That Peter John Ross one is great too. I really appreciate the help. Just a couple of hours a go I was in full blown panic mode and I figured asking for help here wouldn't result in much.

Mayhaps I should stop underestimating the power of super internet pals. Anyways I'll stop clogging this thread with my woes now, once again you're all great.
I music some. Though said musicing is more classical/orchestral/chamber in style, so if you want a "rockin'" piece, better just head off elsewhere.
A customer at work bought me cashew nuts after I confessed my diet is chiefly sugar and caffeine.

It was a really nice gesture considering I'd foregone sleep or breakfast.
I tend to list chartreuse as my favourite colour, since it's not only really pretty but it's also hugely symbolic since I associate it with fresh plant growth. Especially when contrasted with a dark lush soil it's like wow

Orange-reds are the most delicious of colours so there's that too.

If colour combinations are allowed I love yellow-greens with browns and deep reds with black (with a touch of white or gold). My name, Charlotte, is strongly coloured red then black with white and that's at least kind of related. Also apparently I'm super hot in reds and blacks so bonus.
I have stated before that i like deep/purplish reds and warm purples, also blue-ish greens or just color palettes that combine blues with greens like my current avatar.

edit: for posterity [Image: VyysVOo.png]
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
Lime green and Purple are my faves, though I have a fondness for blues too?

███ This purple was my text colour on an old forum and is thus my fave purple. I can still remember the hex code :V
those last two look like the same colour to me
And Crimson looks green which I'm pretty sure it should not (it is probably due to proximity to orange)
I have messed up eyes

here's my favourites anyway:

███ Green
███ Different Green
███ Have you noticed the pattern yet
███ Holy shit that's green
███ Red
███ The hex code is screaming
███ Stealth green (it's pretending to be blue)
I can't really do the full rainbow, because there just aren't any yellows or oranges I like without the context of another color to counterbalance them. I simply don't like bright colors very much most of the time; orange becomes brown before I tolerate it on its own, and yellow is just... yellow.

Roughly analogous though would be:

███ Black Cherry
███ Mahogany
███ Silver
███ Succulent
███ Cornflower
███ Midnight
███ Eggplant

Oh look how dark and gloomy my list is, just like my soul.............

I do find it mildly humorous that my indigo is the least saturated, aside from the silver.
(05-11-2013, 04:57 AM)Infinity Biscuit Wrote: »I tend to list chartreuse as my favourite colour, since it's not only really pretty but it's also hugely symbolic since I associate it with fresh plant growth. Especially when contrasted with a dark lush soil it's like wow

Orange-reds are the most delicious of colours so there's that too.

If colour combinations are allowed I love yellow-greens with browns and deep reds with black (with a touch of white or gold). My name, Charlotte, is strongly coloured red then black with white and that's at least kind of related. Also apparently I'm super hot in reds and blacks so bonus.
███ Chartreuse
███ Dark Brown
███ delicious delicious Scarlet
███ what would you call this? Cardinal Red?
███ Blapck
███ white lol
My colors are actually all very loamy with a lot of greens and browns and the occasional brick red thrown in for variation. I'll edit this with the actual pallet sometime soon.
I don’t actually have any color preferences I can think of, aside from “please don’t hurt my eyeballs”. It’s weird because people are like “what’s your favorite _____” as a conversational topic and on most things I’m internally thinking WHOA WHOA WHOA, let’s not hurt any _____’s feelings, here! And sometimes when you don’t commit then people think “you can’t ride the fence forever you _____ shoparound.”
sea had swallowed all. A lazy curtain of dust was wafting out to sea
that green color
that blue color
more bluer
i only like purple when it's muted like this

yeah
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
I like red! And also red and black as a color combination. Cyan+white is another color combo I like.
I think my favorite colors+combos would be

lime green
black with any neon color
sky blue
green and blue and yellow

And I absolutely dislike bright red. Too lazy to color in my words, let your imagination do the coloring.
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
ok let's do a mostly 100% saturated rainbow

███ cherry-pit red
███ cream orange
███ somehow more painful than ffff00 yellow
███ lime green
███ other kind of green
███ night-just-before-it's-all-the-way-night blue
███ eggplant purple

oh wait this website suggested a color scheme based on actual angles of rgb numbers that i like here you go

████████████

i'm michael bay irl

i'm literally colorblind so you're not allowed to criticize my choices
███ pink

and azure, but supes already did azure~

:3
[Image: egg005.png?raw=1][Image: egg005.png?raw=1]
-Basically all the greens except olive green
-burgundy
-HOT PINK just to kill people's eyes (if i ever had to pick a text color Happymelon)
-blue orange
Blue/Orange?