Battle Royale! Game Complete!

Battle Royale! Game Complete!
Re: Battle Royale! (Game Start!) Round 1: 1984
Originally posted on MSPA by Lankie.

"Hmth."

Zeke brings his arm towards his back and pulls out the knife lodged in there. His emotion hardly changes in this act, he was trained to resist pain.

"You don't know me."

Zeke launches forward with a suprising amount of speed and aims for Itzal's face, Itzal in the knick of time brings his knifes forward to block the attack however he is forced backwards by the assault.

Zeke takes a quick hop back and follows with a swift kick from his bladed boots, this is met with a explosion of smoke. He looks behind him to find Itzal on a platoeu of rubble with an smile.

Itzal launches his knifes towards Zeke, who dodges them by chaining together a multitude of backwards handsprings, he smashes through a window of the ministry of Plenty although this doesn't stop him.

Originally posted on MSPA by Mystify.

Itzal walks backwards cautiously, waiting. Zeke launches himself out of the building at Itzal, who throws down a handful of flash powder. Zeke is momentarily blinded by the flash, and his blades swipe empty air. Looking around, the illusionist is nowhere to be found.
Originally posted on MSPA by MyifanW.

Whit hears slight ringing sounds in the distance. What was it? The sound of metal against metal? He became uneasy, but calmed down by reassured himself that whatever was going on, it wasn't his problem at the momen- Suddenly, he heard the sound of glass shattering. it was much too close for comfort. Whit froze and tried to stay as still as possible, heart pounding. He listened hard for footsteps or some indicator of an enemy, but could only hear the tinking of glass bouncing on the floor. Was he in danger? Whit slowly sat down in the corner of the elevator, being as silent as possible, and glanced at the floor number. it read 27. Whatever was going on, he hoped it wouldn't reach him for another few minutes.

Itzal watched its opponent from within the lobby of the building. This guy was too tough to fight in a straight up conflict. Looking around for a tactical advantage, it spotted the floor indicator above the elevator. Somebody was inside. Itzal slipped away, looking for a staircase. Upon finding one, it sprinted up it, and returned to the elevator. The floor indicator continued to decrease. It hit the down button and set up. A mirror in the hallway, appropriate lighting, and his set up was complete. It waited patiently the last few seconds as the elevator reached his floor, then the doors slid open, ready for a new passenger.

Whit froze as the elevator stopped a floor early. His hand flew to his gun, which he brought up to defend himself. The elevator doors slid open, revealing a figure in a hooded cloak. Whit fired his gun, sending a shockwave rippling down the corridor.

Instead of a body flying through the air, Whit discovers shards of glass littering the hallway. "Now, now, there is no need of that," said a voice. The voice was flat, betraying no information about its source. "I am not here to fight. In fact, I came here to make a small wager."

Whit was, once again, completely surprised. This one had another power, but Whit could not yet make any sense of it. A voice, presumably of the red cloaked being, filled the room. Whit listened as carefully as he could, as he stood up and put his back against the corner of the elevator. In his distressed state, Whit could make out very few words, but he could tell that the voice wasn't hostile. upon hearing the word "Wager", he was alert again. This was something he was used to, something he had a foot hold in. HE could do this, whatever it was.

"What kind?" He said, as evenly as he could.

Originally posted on MSPA by Lankie.

Zeke looked round for his mysterious opponent however it would appear he had fled the scene: for now.

He calmly walked round the lobby, colecting glass shards, he figured that if another attacked him he would better prepare himself. After a while Zeke had assembled a neat pile or razor sharp glass shards infront of him. He sat down, crossed legs and closed his eyes, waiting.

Itzal stepped out into the hallway. "A very simple one. We are in a match to the death. The loser of the wager must forfeit his life." Itzal produces a deck of cards from within his cloak, and sends the cards arcing through the air form one hand to another. "We could use almost to make this wager. Your choice of card game, for instance." With a flourish of its hand, the deck of cards disappeared to be replaced with a handful of dice, which it started juggling single handedly."Or perhaps you would prefer a game of pure chance."

"I don't think it would be wise to make such a wager against someone who shows such control over the odds." Whit replied.

Itzal catches all of the dice in his hand, and then makes them disappear. "A wise choice. How about a wager closer to the situation at hand, then? There are six other combatants. We each choose one. Whoever's choice dies first, wins. The loser's life is held forfeit."

"Hmm..."
Whit stepped slightly forward to the middle of the elevator, gun at his side.

"That's a bit unfair, isn't it? I don't even know any of these people."

Whit's mind moved like clockwork. This person certainly couldn't be trusted, but was definitely less insane then the last. He...she? Could probably be reasoned with, as long as Whit said the right things.

Originally posted on MSPA by cyber95.

Reserved

"Then name a fairer game," Itzal replied.
The elevator doors started to slide shut, their allotted time elapsed. With a flick of its wrist, Itzal sent a dagger flying towards the doors, lodging itself in front of the sensor. The doors slide open again.

A game, a game, a game... Whit needed a game where the rules were flexible, and that he could definitely win. Still.... Whit sized the red robed person up. I don't have any choices. I don't know a thing about him...her... not even it's gender. Suddenly, Whit had it.

"Let's play Truth or Dare... or in more obvious terms, Truth or Die."

Whit didn't expect... it to agree, but he needed to reverse the mental pressure and put his opponent on the spot.

"Ooh! Jackpot!"
"What is it, Whir? What did you find?"
As Gadget stepped closer to his friend, Whir pulled 8 files out from one of the cabinets, one at a time. On each file was a photo and a name. A photo of each contestant, accompanied by the appropriate name. He picked up the one carrying his own name and face.
"History... Description... Skills... Weaknesses... Inter- wait, weaknesses?"
Gadget flipped through the pages of his file to find the page titled "Weaknesses". Naturally, everything on the page was blacked out. A quick look at the other files showed it was the same.

"Well what's the point of having these if we don't know their weaknesses?"
"It looks like it's still a lot of information on them. Let's keep them with us anyway. It could help us out in the long run."
Gadget went through another file cabinet and grabbed four more files.

"Y'know, we could probably find something about this whole competition thing, to find out what the hell it is."
Gadget just shook his head. He had already looked for something like that. He did find one thing that looked relevant, but it was almost entirely blacked out. The only thing he could read was something about a Director.
Sticking the 8 contestant files in his bag, he pulled out one of the other four files he had grabbed, containing a floor plan of this building, and started heading back where he came from to get Carrie again.
Whir jumped into the backpack to look at the dossier on each player.

"Truth is a very elusive concept. Men search their entire lives for it, only to find that their truth is another mans lie. What some hold to be the most concrete essence of truth, others consider to be mere folly. In a search for truth, one must realize that everything is but an illusion."

Whit felt warmth inside of him. This was what he was looking for- the thrill of a life on the line... was it what he was looking for? Was this what he really- Whit stopped that train of thought. What mattered here was the game, not the truth. He pressed his game, broadening the rules.

"Alright, then. Let's simply say that truth is what is true to you."

"So I say what I believe to be true, you say what you believe to be true, and what? Try to find something the other would die to keep secret? And if they do lie, how do you know? This game seems deeply flawed." Itzal countered.
Originally posted on MSPA by yousodumb.

Xeno was a little, Put off by the Man's rather rude exit. This was not what made Xeno upset, Combat had begun and there was none within the immediate area who he personally wished to fight. So he had to find some way off this, building and down to where the action was. Out of the corner of his eye, Xeno noticed a door maybe this would be his ticket to the action...
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

SpoilerShow

fixed my post
Originally posted on MSPA by Schazer.

SpoilerShow

Its not like it was a hard fix

the game had changed, Whit realized. They were no longer deciding on a game, but fighting with words. This was a game Whit knew well... He knew exactly how to act. He'd just keep talking forcing the conversation to go on, buying time to think of a way out...
"Its a game about finding doubt in others, and finding doubt in yourself."

Whit'e mouth started moving without him thinkng about it. His mind was hard at work analyzing everything relevant. The sounds outside... Were probably the sounds of clashing metal. It would make sense that one was this person... And the rings were within earshot... So he must have been fighting someone else nearby. And the window crashing, that happened on floor 28. Maybe that was this person's opponent? If so, there was one other person in this building... But maybe he was killed already?

"it's also a game of honor, a game about being true to yourself. It's a game played by honest people."

... What was he saying? Whit's attention fluttered, but he quickly refocused. No, it wasn't likely that this person's opponent died. All of them seemed too... Unreal to die so easily. So, two enemies in this building. Still, he knew, it didn't improve his survival chances to have more enemies unless he could be far enough away from them...

"...and besides, you're an honest person. If not, you wouldn't offer to bet with me and promise your life. I'm an honest person too."

And... Did he just lie? Whit ignored that stray thought and continued his analysis, mouth still on autopilot. He glanced at the doors on this floor. The closest two said "iron" and "copper". This must be the metals floor...

"Besides, it's very easy to tell if someone's lying. All you have to do is watch carefully. Every person gives away some sign..."

Another lie, Whit thought. Oh well, it hardly mattered. Whit was ready to make his move... he just needed something, anything to happen.

"You are right. People give signs when they are lying. You rub the side of your finger, for instance. You have no intent on following through with this wager, you are just trying to buy yourself time. Perhaps I need to make this a bit more pressing?" Itzal said. With a flourish and a small puff of smoke, he held up a small device. "Do you recognize this?"

"I've never seen that before in my life" Whit replied, confused.
"It is a gravitational capacitor. In fact, it is the gravitational capacitor that belongs in that gun you are holding. Without it, I think you'll find it wouldn't know a drunk Irishman over. Now, if we come to an agreement, and I am satisfied that you mean to follow through, I will give it back. Otherwise, I walk away, right now. I'm certain you realize what that would do to your odds of survival."
"You're bluffing." Whit accused.
"Its possible. Shoot me then. If I'm bluffing, then that should take care of me. If I am telling the truth, your weapon is useless, and I will not hesitate to stab you through the heart." Itzal challenged "Or we can conclude this discussion with no deceit. Truth or Die is too abstract a thing to gamble a life on. We need something with a concrete result. Your call."

As much as human technology had advanced, there was one invention that xeno felt particularly, nostalgic about, The elevator. This insipid device was the bane of Xeno's existence, They where so much more inconvenient than walking. At this current time however, It was his only way of getting down to where the action was. "Waiting," Xeno thought "the only certainty in all of life." suddenly, the elevator came to a sudden stop, Probably due to the fact that it hadn't been maintained in over a hundred years, The doors opened and Xeno exited. He heard that familiar "whup, Whup" sound that he came to associate with the gadgets that where constantly rotating that small fellow. As Xeno came up to him, He noticed that Gadget was holding a file marked, "Xeno Photon: History" "What treachery is this?" Xeno cried out. "it's not what you think!"Gadget said. "So now you must know about me and my past" Xeno said, oddly calm "you must also know about this accursed mask, and the horrors that it produced within my life. I suppose, however that that file did not reveal the nature of the curse I suffer. Would you like to know? I know that it is curiosity that got you into this very situation.

SpoilerShow

SpoilerShow