Webcomic Deer Rectory

Webcomic Deer Rectory
RE: Webcomic Deer Rectory
gigidgi on tumblr Wrote:I don’t know, I just don’t think Mario Sunshine is very fun to play. The only thing I “like” about it is Bowser’s incredible muppet dad voice acting at the end.

Okay so

Judging from this and that thing Supe said about the worst Professor Lanturn game being her favourite makes me think a video game designed by her would be pretty boring to play and read but cute to look at.

I know i'm late here but i agree with the dumb plot holes and uninspiring story affecting the overall quality of the comic. I mean, i still like it and everything but geez, at least try to make the story interesting.
[Image: iqVkAVO.gif]
I was playing 64 over the course of months, and in the middle I played through Sunshine, and it was a mistake. I couldn't play more 64. The controller is not your friend.
Dang so many good webcomic things already mentioned (thanks everyone in thread for linking ones I wasn't aware of yet - kiwisbybeat, sakana, monsterkind and VIBE getting special mention there), what's left...

Actually quite a few! Though I'm sure some will be more well known than others I'll take it from the top (of my lengthy webcomics bookmark tab). I apologize prematurely for the inundation of recommendations but I'm limiting it to things I think are absolutely excellent enough to deserve a read - there's more than one webcomic I follow purely out of the obligation that comes with having followed 'em for so long but I won't be listing any of those here! So if it seems like I'm trotting out the glowing recommendations a bit too frequently it's because I'm only listing the comics I'd give glowing recommendations to Happymelon

(All links are to the first page/hinewreaders of their respective comics since clicking through to the most recent page can sometimes be somewhat spoilertastic)

Girl Genius is excellent in pretty much every way. Probably the most senior of the webcomics I'm mentioning here, it has over a decade of backlog. Don't let that put you off, though: the characters are excellent, the art is great and the writing yeah I'm running out of synonyms for excellent here and I could go on. The first year or three of the story even got a complete revamp a year or two ago to bring them up to snuff with their current quality standard! Which is why it's up there with Gunnerkrigg/Nimona in my list o' comics.

Also up there (and honestly you probably already know about it but hey it hasn't been mentioned yet) is The Adventures of Dr. McNinja. The New Readers page (linked) pretty much sums it up.

O Human Star started about a year ago and is thus a relative newcomer (only a bit into its third chapter). That doesn't make it any less superb. The hook is that "Alastair Sterling was the inventor who sparked the robot revolution. And because of his sudden death, he didn’t see any of it. Until he wakes up 16 years later in an advanced robotic body that matches his old one exactly.", and it doesn't get any less interesting after that. So far it's been big on the character development, less on the intrigue - which I'd say makes it stand out quite a bit from some of the more story-driven narratives out there. And it's all impeccably drawn and written.

Bad Machinery is another webcomic I'm not going to get into too much detail about because I'm pretty sure most people have seen John Allison's work around before. Bad Machinery is his latest effort and is a collection of wonderfully written tales of a group of kids and the hijinks they get up to while growing up - with a twist of the supernatural and MYSTERY SOLVING.

alright I think that's enough for now okay wait one more which upon binging on all of it again recently I'd have to say might be my all-time favorite webcomic

Dead Winter is amazing. The art has improved drastically in the 6 years it's been around, and it was already pretty great to begin with - and don't get me started on the writing and storytelling. You might tell me you're done reading stories even tangentially related to zombies. I can tell you that if you haven't read Dead Winter you sure as hell aren't yet.

yaaaaay webcomics
This is another timely reminder (Via Supes' LP thread) that you should most definitely be reading Paranatural if you aren't already.

[Image: 0dee7aa2d3bffabfdce998262c41b60e.png]
roarrrr i actually liked earthbound and i want to argue with you but i'm not good at defending things i like because sometimes they actually aren't that great but i like them anyway

so instead, uh,
allow me to share my most favorite text+screenshot Earthbound LP with you guys.
I kinda feel like it would fit in this topic despite not being a webcomic anyway
at least until someone makes a LP directory thread or something *shrugs*

but no really if you've played the Mother games read that please I can p much guarantee you won't regret it.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
Earthbound was completely interesting and hilarious and hella memorable. Lumine Hall is like a top tier gaming memory for me and that's without the benefit of nostalgia because I didn't play this game as a kid
I think Supe's initial comment should be interpreted less as a criticism of Earthbound and more a roaring endorsement of Paranatural.

We don't need no double negativing up in here.
Y'know what's gonna make you madder, then?

The author is friggin' 20. The slow update pace is because he's a college student.

Imagine what he could be doing five years down the track with talent like this.
This is going to make me sad if i read it isn't it

But with so many people saying read it i really want to D:
Please read it
I read it oh snap you were not lying this is ace.
Paranatural = great, also it leaves me with that same crippling feeling that kiwiblitz did, what with the "in-progress-ness" and all

Now this isn't a webcomic (or maybe it IS a WEB-comic? DOH-HOHO) but uhm, Scarlet Spider is...the best.

I am completely biased in this regard, primarily because 1) It's new-spiderman, so like, spiderman without the feeling that it's been hashed out 1000 times before. 2) it is set in mother f*king HOUSTON TX. So I get to see Spiderdude swinging around and landing on all the these places that I've seen/been/gone to school at. 3) The theme of redemption is throughout the entire freaking comic - which, I happen to love 4) He fights sex-traffickers, which is a legit HUGE problem here. and um 5) did I mention spiderdude? In the town I live in?

So yeas, I am in love with it.
No one warned me how cute Paranatural is

You monsters
This looks like it could be fun :>
So, i assume y'all know about the new Cumumber Quast kickstarter, right? I'm really digging all the art gigi has posted lately, i just had to stop what i was doing and make this my new cellphone background when i saw it. Makes me wish i could afford the books.
Holy crap the dude who does Paranatural is 20? I quit internet.

My only beef with Paranatural is that he sometimes tries to cram too much funny stuff into each page at the expense of moving the plot along. Most of it is genuinely funny, but when every other line out of a character's mouth is an improbably elegant quip, it starts to feel a little forced. That said, it's one of my favorite comics right now. And I guess the busy feel of the dialogue ties in with the generally busy feel of the strip (THAT ART THO).

In other news, John Allison continues to be dope as hell
Paranatural turned into a shonen comic so gradually I hardly even noticed

Also: Today's Gunshow was really good
It was nice yes, was the last panel the end of the story though?
yeah, it came with the winter comics kickstarter thing and that was the end of that book
I'm just going to port my Olympus Overdrive touting over here because it's a webcomic and it's good.
Show Content
(05-11-2013, 06:16 AM)Stij Wrote: »Paranatural turned into a shonen comic so gradually I hardly even noticed

Also: Today's Gunshow was really good

Wait, really? It's been Soul Eater but better since like page six.
[Image: 3cc6b4dbb56b09c021f070de385bd05d.png]
is that a dude with ghost legs
I think it's the girl's yellow aura making a ghost shape around his purple pants.

E: No, I'm wrong, that girl is teal. Maybe?

EE: Also that girl might be male.
holy crap Cucumber Quest is so good

why have I not read this before now
paranatural continues to be adorb

he draws the secret code in midair with his magic brush so he doesn't have to memorize it