-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day Five? (3/21)
RE: -=- Crooks Hollow III Mafia -=- Day One: Wine Cellar (21/21)
(04-22-2013, 12:22 AM)AKillerCuppaTea Wrote: »A rose by any other name smells just as sweet.

Ahaha sorry just noticed the Romeo and Juliet quote...i'm slow =(
Also I know what this is and I know it happens all the time but it's still frustrating because I'm actually trying to discuss things out but I'm constantly getting told my questions/theories don't count for no real reason. And then I get frustrated and derail the thread and ugh.

Vote: Garuru because him getting his pressure off of him (via people defending him/Dini unvoting) then vanishing is not helping my read on him (also I feel pretty unhappy with the other prime lynch candidates Mathgirl/Yew).

Also I would love to hear general townreads as well as scumreads from people, I mean most of what has been happening is people accusing or defending but not much else? For me I feel pretty solid about Mathgirl/Mirdini and feel reasonably alright with granola/Kane (go to hell granola I'm not finding you suspicious at all).
Yewchung seems kind of like derptown or maybe just derp (no offense) and not a good D1 lynch.

Everything else seems pointlessly distracting. Like, seriously, I just kind of lost track of this game entirely, and it's only D1.

I will however say that I feel slightly better about Mathgirl, mainly because she has been going around and actually contributing in townish ways like picking apart people's arguments.

As a matter of fact, I'm feeling apathetic towards everyone.

Tea and Palamedes should calm down but yeah they're both town I think. They're like being really critical of each other instead of backing down or whatever. Although I just have to say that Tea seems a little bit more town than Pala, because he backs up more stuff whereas Pala seems a bit reflective. Hm, actually, if Tea's town then Pala just might be scum. No further tells until either one of them flips, though.

Mirdini's alright.

Don't see what's up with Granola lynch, tbh.

Kane's cool.

Everyone else needs to post.

Boogeyman is eugh, especially post 194 the one where he basically does a popcorn gif.

anacreon... Wait. 221 was just another "everybody's town no votes from me here" post that just feels so safe.

Vote: anacreon
[Image: 6xGo4ab.png][Image: sig.gif]
So I spent some time trying to see what I could pull out of the Pala/Tea discrepancy and the most it's done is seriously damage my read on Tea, and it's appeared to have just degraded into something horribad. Most notably all I'm getting out of all of Tea so far is a lot of aggression at Pala and nothing much. And they're probably both town too, knowing our luck with these kinda arguments.

Hey Tea, mind sharing some other opinions without centering around Pala? If you could post something that isn't mostly sneering in the direction of Pala that'd be super. Same with you Pala in regards to Tea, I'd like to see opinions on others alone so I don't have to try and sort through most of the vitriol to find 'em.

Granolaman's setting off minor alarms to me as he'd agreed to my lynch, gave it a defense on the grounds of lack of options and then hasn't done much since? It's kinda hrgle. Boogeyman's sudden defense of me was wtf but he's minorly contributed since? Again I'm getting the whole "not much else" deal like I am with Granola but it's in my defense instead of on my offense. Hrm. Gonna keep a closer eye on those two.

Garuru/Mathgirl/Kane/Mirdini are all pretty alright imo - I did catch some people said Mirdini felt weird but I don't see it myself (it seems the initial suspicion was laid down by seastorm and Dini did a good job breaking it down in #136, and I've liked Mirdini's post from there on out).

Yew is also another hrgle one - #179 is weirdly worded and I find it generally unsettling, and it inspired me to go back and look at what he's said before. There's #160...

SpoilerShow

pfffhbhbhbhfhbp this is probably very big derp here and at the best it almost makes me feel better about granola? presently I need more neutral input from Granola/Boogey/Tea/Pala before I can start to piece more things together (and I'll make an honest effort to sift the opinions out of Tea/Pala's posts but fuck it I am in no mood to go reading all of that right now.

Instead, I'm going to flog a specific man with post #221 for that post. Anacreon, you get right the fuck back in here and say more things and provide more concrete opinions. And you could try and explain things while you're at it and I know you can be more capable come ON Vote: anacreon.
[Image: c48AoKl.png?1]
I make game: site | itch
EBWOP: got post-ninja'd and I see I'm not the only one who wants to prod Anacreon for that post.

Garuru you're my man.

[Image: thumbsup3.gif]
I can't be the only one who wants to see Tea and Pala suivig each other in a fiery blaze of hatelove.
Part of me does too.

Another part of me knows I'd regret it. Tea, let's make a hatepact - if we're both alive by D4 and it's not MYLO/LYLO we kill each other.

For hatelove.
Garuru that was a more these people are who i think are town the rest are like neutral post.
Yes it is safe.

if you want me to call some one scum out of

pala/tea/Math/seastorm/yew
(which are the people i have mentioned at this point)
i would be leaning towards sea but that is through processs of elimination based on how i strongly i feel about the others.

I have some suspicions on a few people mostly based on how people jumped on that mathgirl wagon.
Cat being one of them.
Actually I think cat is probably the person i am most suspicious of mostly because of that jump on math but then I remember this IS Cat and my mind goes argle.

Looking at these wagons fuzzy pickles looks bad being that he is the only one on that tea wagon i dont have a town read on. That mathgirl wagon i have no idea what to make of though.

These are what the wagons looked like just before tea became active.
Mathgirl (5): Fragowump, 0_o, Seedy, Garuru, Cat (All of you except kane and Garuru arent posting enough to my liking)
Tea(4): anacreon, pala, fuzzy pickles, MAth

I am actually interested in Mathgirls arguments for scumdini and would actual like her to share what she saw not to mention kane might have seen what she did if i am interpreting posts 215 and 216 right.

Actually if i look at both of those wagons... yea cat still rings out in my mind although fuzzy pickles rings out too.

As much as i want cat to stop playing to her meta and just out right lynch her.
I am going to Vote: Fuzzy pickles by process of elimination on that Tea wagon.
Oh look a lurkerlynch.
Alright, looking over the situation, and not reflexively posting, I see that Fuzzy Pickles (just gonna call her Avi, it's shorter) voted Tea solely for not posting. That wasn't a random vote like I always thought it was, but she hasn't posted at all since, so I still consider her a lurker. And, the fact that I had to exert the effort to go back and see why you voted Avi is not a good thing. Explaining things would be nice.

Also, seedy's latest post was voting Mathgirl for saying things that has a weird ring to them. Considering lack of activity since, this does not look good.
garuru calm your tits it hasn't even been that long
I wanted to reread first but I might as well check in I guess?

wrt the mathgirl vote: I preferred not speedlynching but mathgirl speedlynch was second choice, and I felt it was better to try to speedlynch someone and fail and go into d2 with that, than to throw up hands and not even get any kind of things going. I didn't say so of course because that's about as silly as qualifying a pressure vote with "it's pressure"
and it turned out pretty well so I guess that was a good decision. from where I stand on page 6, mathgirl's defended herself rather oddly. if she's done something vindicating in the subsequent pages then sure whatever, but what started out as a "she's the person I'd least mind actually getting speedlynched" thing is now a place I genuinely feel comfortable keeping my vote
I am Sleepeyman. Here are some thoughts in short version. I will answer any questions or elaborate on any points you want when I awake. Just ask.

Well we've had our big day one throwdown featuring Tea vs Pala, I look forward to all of us dissecting what the hell that means for their alignments for the rest of the game until someone finally just shoots one or both of them to find out the truth. There are plausible scenarios for it happening in any of the possible alignment combinations, and I'm sure we're going to argue about it a lot. For the record right now I think both of them being town is the most likely scenario. I don't think either one of them picks this fight D1 in this gamestate otherwise. I don't see the payoff right now.

MG/Yew/Garuru/Anacreon/FuzzyPickle seem to be our candidates at the moment for lynching and the people most worth weighing in on in a short post.

MG's wagon has pretty much fallen apart at this point from lack of people doing anything with it. Cat and Frago are non entities, Seedy hasn't fully caught up to the parts where MG looks better so that may change, but Kane still likes this lynch. Kane, we're getting towards the end of the day. MG still has a good sized wagon on her. Why are you not trying to rally support to this lynch if you still feel so strongly about it?

I have no idea where Yew was coming from with some of that stuff. I hate that we're letting him slide on meta reasons, and I hate that I agree with doing so. D2 I am going to be far less inclined to let this kind of stuff (especially weird MG suckup) slide.

Garuru is laying down some connections at least even if most of them don't have a whole lot to back them up. Seems to be trying which is good with me for now. There just isn't a whole lot to go off of for most people yet. It may be coincidence, but I don't like them not reappearing until Pala starts to make a fuss about them ducking out after the pressure was gone.

Fuzzy Pickles is a stab in the dark at best.

Talking about Anacreon lynchs seems to be my unofficial hobby in any game I am in with him. Whether it is for or against I seem to do it a lot. (I'm not complaining mind you Anacreon, I enjoy being in games with you. It's just an observation) Today I want to lynch Anacreon for the waffling back and forth on the Tea/Pala thing in 221, all the mentions of Cat with no action, and then just trying to start the easy last minute lurker lynch in 233. I'm not entirely happy about this one, but out of the available options I think I like it the best for now.

Vote: Anacreon
GET A LYNCH TOGETHER
I NEED TO GO TO CLASS
I WILL HAMMER MYSELF FOR THE SAKE OF A LYNCH
AM STILL THE BIGGEST WAGON

FUCKING MOVE IT!
(04-22-2013, 11:04 AM)Boogeyman Wrote: »MG's wagon has pretty much fallen apart at this point from lack of people doing anything with it. Cat and Frago are non entities, Seedy hasn't fully caught up to the parts where MG looks better so that may change, but Kane still likes this lynch. Kane, we're getting towards the end of the day. MG still has a good sized wagon on her. Why are you not trying to rally support to this lynch if you still feel so strongly about it?

Of course I do; I've talked a ton about it. No one else seems to see it, though, so there's not much value in repeating what I've said. Like I said earlier, I had a reason and no one else on that wagon did so I called for an explanation from them.

The problem is, even if she has ~5 votes on her I don't want to lynch if literally no one except me really believes she's weird, making those votes not count.

1. Mirdini
2. Solaris
3. Palamedes
4. seastormjt
5. 0_o

6. Cat????????????????weird lurk + that mathgirl vote
7. crepuscularDissembler
8. GenetiXientist
9. anacreon
10. Fragowump
11. Yewchung - hard to tell between classic Yew vs scum
12. Jacquerel
13. TehPilot
14. Boogeyman
15. Fuzzy Pickles
16. A Killer Cuppa Tea
17. MathGirl277-dislike because of said reasons
18. beruru
19. Vortor
20. Garuru
21. Granolaman

Wow there are a ton more people in this game than I thought
Sorry this is kind of quick cause I'm busy right now
I've been absent because of Physics & History work, still have a fuckton of each to get through

Will probably be back for D2
Uh

I don't really understand the Anacreon wagon and am mildly alarmed at how quickly it progressed.
Ok, will people either support or tell me why I'm wrong about Math?
I've said most of what I can about Math?

I mean I'm fine with your opinion, but you took her actions in one way and I take them in another so I can't really agree with you.

I am still kind of unhappy with Garuru, and though I know it's through my own bias against Tea right now I have to ask - where exactly do you see Tea backing up his stuff while I'm not? Also not a fan of post 234 - come on I know you can read, anacreon's vote wasn't solid but you trying to push it as simply a lurker lynch is making me very unhappy with you (I was actually considering going after him until you did this).

On anacreon, I actually kind of liked his last post except for his vote at the end - vote analysis is a strange thing to be doing D1. I think I might be feeling better about him because seastorm's right - his lynch kind of has come out of nowhere and some of the votes against him have been wonky as hell. Most obviously Boogey's where he votes anacreon for the lurker lynch (that isn't a lurker lynch) and for 'being waffly on Tea/Pala' despite him pretty much saying the exact same thing everyone else has been saying about us but adding in a 'watch them just be bussing scum' joke.

Actually yeah could go for a Boogey lynch too, though I'd kind of like to see Garuru and him back up their votes a bit more before I decide which of the two is less noble with their intentions.
(04-22-2013, 03:08 AM)Palamedes Wrote: »Part of me does too.

Another part of me knows I'd regret it. Tea, let's make a hatepact - if we're both alive by D4 and it's not MYLO/LYLO we kill each other.

For hatelove.

lol, you'd like that wouldnt you scum WOULDNT YOU

(sure, why not ^^)

---

Of the current lynchable candidates (which, off the top of my head are Pilot, Mathgirl, Boogey, Garuru, Anacreon, Yew? Anyone i missed? (i dont count pala on the list cos despite me thinking he's prolly scum, i doubt i can get enough people to lynch him... ...today)), my preference goes:

Pilot > Garuru > Boogey > Math > Yew > Anacreon.

Can we get enough people to lynch Pilot? Vote: TehPilot
I could get behind a Pilot lynch, yeah. Everyone else has mostly justified themselves, I think.

vote: Pilot

Also think I would lynch Math after Yew, and I think bible been feeling decent about Garuru this game, it's just the vote on Anacreon that's been weird for both him and Boogey; I think they're towny otherwise.
(04-22-2013, 04:20 PM)Palamedes Wrote: »On anacreon, I actually kind of liked his last post except for his vote at the end - vote analysis is a strange thing to be doing D1. I think I might be feeling better about him because seastorm's right - his lynch kind of has come out of nowhere and some of the votes against him have been wonky as hell. Most obviously Boogey's where he votes anacreon for the lurker lynch (that isn't a lurker lynch) and for 'being waffly on Tea/Pala' despite him pretty much saying the exact same thing everyone else has been saying about us but adding in a 'watch them just be bussing scum' joke.

That "joke" to me feels like he's trying to float a theory he's not confident enough in to actually put forward with all of his weight behind it. I know he is not the only one to say that "They're both town, but Tea kinda convinced me Pala might be scum in some worlds." But that doesn't mean I like it coming out of anyone else any better. It's a weak, hedging, waffley statement, a chorus doesn't change that fact.

This FP thing is totally a lurker lynch. There has only been one post from that player and that was a long time ago gamestate wise. His votal analysis was not votal analysis. He brings up two groups to look at and then just completely throws out more than half the candidates because he "doesn't know what to think". It's not any kind of analysis if you throw out half the data for no reason. It's even worse when you consider that he has to throw out the half with Cat, the player player that he's got the worst read on. So he's left with a group that includes himself, a nearly universal town read, FP, and someone who's wagon he would probably catch hell for jumping on at this point. That FP vote is terrible.

As for this lynch coming out of nowhere, where were you expecting this to come from? Anacreon wasn't doing anything, so no one was talking about him. Anacreon posted some stuff, and then people voted for him for that stuff. These posts aren't separated by vast gulfs of stuff in between. The causal relationship is pretty obvious. I, at least, was happy (for the most part) with most people posting in this game. Anacreon made me unhappy and so I voted for him.

Anyway. I'll address Kane's question and talk about my thoughts on Pilot after lunch.
There's a lack of acknowledgement towards my post (and I swear people wanted to hear from me) so that's kinda uncool.

Additionally, if you're really going to lynch me, at least let me get around to sharing a mechanical tidbit of possible interest. I'll have to reread to clarify it, though. More when I get out of band practice (~hour?)
Fuzzy Pickles is being replaced by request (likely by ICan'tGiveCredit).
Alright Tea, what gives with the Pilot lynch? All he's done since last time we discussed lynching him was be out with a legit excuse and then make a reasonable post. Is it just that you don't see a better option like Sea doesn't, or are you seeing something I'm not?

Anyway Kane, I still think your efforts to get us on MG were weak, but you did more than I thought you did upon a reread. Anyway most of MG's stuff has been pretty good. She's brought up several interesting points and most of it seems pretty well thought out and in town's favor for the most part. I'm reading the same things you are, but I'm just not seeing the dark motives that you seem to be. I don't speak for everyone, but I don't think I'm alone on that or there would be more of an effort to make her dead today.
We have an half hour to go! And there's no soft lynch at all!

In fact, there are two wagons, Mathgirl (made of people too inactive to change their votes and Kane), and TehPilot (the most recent bandwagon), with 4 votes each.

Mathgirl actually seems to be getting better and better so there's a town read, and I feel iffy about lynching TehPilot, because I don't really see anything lynchworthy about him. He's just a null read.

Still fairly sure that anacreon is scum, because the Avi lynch just felt really safe, for the reasons Boogeyman outlined in 246. And that's a huge tell, to me.

Ugh. I still really want someone lynched today, because flips are god, and I consider TehPilot more scummy than Mathgirl at least, so vote: TehPilot.