The Chase is on!

The Chase is on!
The Chase is on!
You're being chased by an ominous, shadowed figure in the middle of the night. It's a waxing moon and the street your on is not very busy. You live out of town and this is the first time you've been in this neck of the woods. Vaguely, you remember that you went down this street earlier this day, there were a YMCA and a park but you don't know how far away from where you are right now.

Your backpack is firmly on your back, bouncing with each step you take. The Shadowed figure is still following you. What do you do?

EDIT: Anyone new can join at any time they want, but they start off with the same introduction and items as everyone else started off with. Read other people's stories but remember, your character knows nothing that their character does unless they tell you.
RE: The Chase is on!
Throw a small rock at it.

[Image: PBxWmBw.png]
[Image: Fu2tbmz.png] owo whats this???
>Run faster.
[Image: DGBpqSL.png]
>check what's in your backpack while you run!
Duck, duck, duck, duck, GHOOST.
(08-20-2018, 10:58 AM)Thalia V1 Wrote: »Throw a small rock at it.

You slow down a little and pick up a small rock that's on the floor. The figure gains on you a little. The rock plinks off of it and falls into the road. You keep on running and see three people ahead of you.

(08-20-2018, 11:22 AM)FlanDab Wrote: »>Run faster.
You run faster and overtake one person who falls behind. The figure seems to be more focused on the people at the back though. One of the three slows down a little though whilst the other slows down, but not as much, and reaches into their backpack.

(08-20-2018, 12:48 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: »>check what's in your backpack while you run!

You continue running and pull your backpack from your back as someone overtakes you. Inside is a torch, black surgical mask, rope and a notebook and pen. You don't have much of a view of your surroundings though as you rummage through it. A person in front of you falls flat on the ground.

(08-20-2018, 01:51 PM)bigro Wrote: »well turn it off then

Everything is dark, the world around you goes black and you don't know where you are. Suddenly, three eyes appear high above you in the 'sky.'
Note: Anyone may join at any time, yet they will always start from the very start of the story, maybe though, something might've changed for them...
>I try to pass the person that falled so I can have a bit more of time
>Then I begin to pick up the backpack contents. Wrap the rope around me, use the surgical mask and check if the notebook has any content
>If don't, I throw away the backpack, notebook and the torch and if does, just the backpack and torch
>keep the pen as a weapon
The less weight I have in my back, faster I go!
Wait, so we’re the people running? Nice!

> I need to put some distance between me and the figure, so i attempt to run to the front of the group.
> Shine the torch at the shadowy figure, in an attempt to either slow them down by getting light in their eyes or expose who they are.
> If my torch attempt succeeds, try and help the fallen person.
> Make sadistic joke.

(08-20-2018, 04:01 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: »>I try to pass the person that falled so I can have a bit more of time
>Then I begin to pick up the backpack contents. Wrap the rope around me, use the surgical mask and check if the notebook has any content
>If don't, I throw away the backpack, notebook and the torch and if does, just the backpack and torch
>keep the pen as a weapon
The less weight I have in my back, faster I go!

You easily pass the person that's fallen over and unconcious, The figure will probably slack off and eat it if push comes to shove. After Wrapping the rope around you, you put on the surgical mask and hurridly look through the notebook. There's one page with a bunch of numbers on and some others have writing on it. You throw away the backpack and torch and stuff the notebook under your arm as you continue running, pen in your dominant hand's side's pocket if you need a quick weapon. Your now at almost matching speed with the person who threw the rock. The figure is gaining on the two of you. The other one falls behind a little but you don't turn back and keep on running.

Looks like The figure ignored the person on the floor though.

(08-20-2018, 05:34 PM)Thalia V1 Wrote: »Wait, so we’re the people running? Nice!

> I need to put some distance between me and the figure, so i attempt to run to the front of the group.
> Shine the torch at the shadowy figure, in an attempt to either slow them down by getting light in their eyes or expose who they are.
> If my torch attempt succeeds, try and help the fallen person.
> Make sadistic joke.

You reach down and pick up the torch the other person dropped, backpack still clunking on your back. If you remember correctly, you own a torch yourself, so you don't know why you didn't get your own out. You fall behind the person who soon began running alongside you and feel a hand almost grab onto your backpack strap. That was close! In retaliation, you flash the light in the figures eyes. They stumble back, yet don't fall over. You try to help the fallen person but their body starts disintergrate and soon becomes thin air. You continue running as the figure starts to come back to it's senses. There are two people in front of you, one closer while the other one further. You throw a joke over your shoulder at the pursuer. Something about an Italian Chef and PASTA-ING away.

(08-20-2018, 06:11 PM)bigro Wrote: »three eyes in the sky huh. sounds like a wild night at jeff goldblums. I know whats coming next, been here before done that. I know all your moves. Let me tell you this, you aren't chasing me, no.

I'm chasing you.

The eyes look as if they shake their metaphorical head and a set of bus-sized judgement scales soon appear before you on one side, there is a red door, while the other side, there is a blue door. The scales are balanced for now but the eyes look down expectingly at you. They seem to be giving you a choice of some sorts.
>Scream while lauching self at shadowy figure, with the reasoning “I’ve never been good at physical activity. I’ll probably run out of breath soon anyway, so I may as well do something about it.”

(08-20-2018, 06:59 PM)Thalia V1 Wrote: »>Scream while launching self at shadowy figure, with the reasoning “I’ve never been good at physical activity. I’ll probably run out of breath soon anyway, so I may as well do something about it.”

You launch yourself at the Figure and screech like a hungry goose, you suddenly fall backwards and when you open your eyes again you're in a black abyss. There's another person here as well as a bus-sized set of scales that have an Orange door and a Green door. Above the scales seems to be an annoyed trio of white eyes that are glaring at the other person. The other person still has their backpack on.
I check the contents of my backpack.
(08-20-2018, 07:31 PM)FlanDab Wrote: »I check the contents of my backpack.

. Inside is a torch, black surgical mask, rope and a notebook and pen. You've gotten a little slower from checking in your backpack, but your still far ahead of everyone else.
Try to read contents of notebook.
(08-20-2018, 07:35 PM)FlanDab Wrote: »Try to read contents of notebook.
You open up the notebook as you continue running, taking time to read it every now and again. There's a page that has a smudged out name that was written in pencil, yet a pen with the words 'BEWARE OF THE MAN WHO FOLLOWS' is written over it in messy blue ink. This is the first page.

You skip over to the next page as you see a left/right turn in the upcoming distance as well as the central park you remembered earlier, there's just some drabble about androids and robots and the owner of the notebook must really love the idea of them. All of this is written in black ink.
(08-20-2018, 07:21 PM)Dustbite Wrote: »
(08-20-2018, 06:59 PM)Thalia V1 Wrote: »>Scream while launching self at shadowy figure, with the reasoning “I’ve never been good at physical activity. I’ll probably run out of breath soon anyway, so I may as well do something about it.”

You launch yourself at the Figure and screech like a hungry goose, you suddenly fall backwards and when you open your eyes again you're in a black abyss. There's another person here as well as a bus-sized set of scales that have an Orange door and a Green door. Above the scales seems to be an annoyed trio of white eyes that are glaring at the other person. The other person still has their backpack on.

>Say hi to other person. Flip off the 3 eyes.

>Continue fast running and try to get near the man with the notebook
>THEN stab him with the pencil so I get more time
(08-20-2018, 06:59 PM)Thalia V1 Wrote: »>Say hi to other person. Flip off the 3 eyes.

The three eyes narrow at you and the person next to you has a blank look on their face. It looks like they're not active currently. The eyes glow then you find yourself on the side of the scales with the Green door. It looks metallic and has a fogged up porthole that you can't see through.

(08-20-2018, 08:39 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: »>Continue fast running and try to get near the man with the notebook
>THEN stab him with the pencil so I get more time

You continue running as fast as you can until you eventually catch up to the person with the notebook. It looks like they're reading a page about robots. You take the pen from your dominant hands pocket and try and jab them in the side as the two of you run. Up ahead is a left and right turn and the central park between the two that you mentioned earlier. You don't know the effect that you attempted stab had gone worked out though. You hope they don't get pissed at you.

FLANDAB might now have an injury.
wait if this is the void then gravity doesn’t exist!
>float

(08-20-2018, 09:09 PM)Thalia V1 Wrote: »wait if this is the void then gravity doesn’t exist!
>float

You jump up and try to float but it seems you can't do that. Guess the Abyss is different than the Void.
>Will do the right turn, hoping the stabbed man doesn't follow me anymore.
>Check if that omnious creature is gone.
>Try to remember where the heck is my home
(08-20-2018, 09:47 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: »>Will do the right turn, hoping the stabbed man doesn't follow me anymore.
>Check if that ominous creature is gone.
>Try to remember where the heck is my home

You turn right and continue down the road, although thinking the person who was running with you was following you, there's something telling you that you were all just running from one problem together. You can still hear the Figures pounding footsteps as it races after the other person, peering around the corner, the two are actually frozen in time as if a buffering icon just showed up, or there's lag. And lots of it. As stated previously, you live outside of town, actually, it's outside of the country, and were just visiting for the day before driving back up to where you actually live and crashing on your couch. Guess that all went south after the Figure crushed the tour bus you and your fellow escapee's were on.

The right turn is mainly made up of shops and such. Most of them closed or abandoned after the Figures took over the town. Two of them are open, one is a butcher whilst the other is some shitty kids toy store. You know, the ones that sell Oujia boards and Minion Monopoly for some reason? Yeah, one of those. This street reminds you that the YMCA isn't that far from here either! You think it's maybe a street away and you could find refuge there.

You have a rope tied around your waist and a notebook and pen currently on you. There are more thudding noises though. Probably more of the Figures hunting down people.
>Soft steps! Soft steps to the toy shop.
>Check what's inside and try to be quiet to not attract more damn creatures
>NOW read the notebook shshsh!
>Activate healing powers!
>Run faster, again.
>Find somewhere high, like a hill, but not like a skyscraper or tree.
(08-20-2018, 11:29 PM)FlanDab Wrote: »>Activate healing powers!
>Run faster, again.
>Find somewhere high, like a hill, but not like a skyscraper or tree.

It appears that you haven't been stabbed that badly, only being scraped so it looks like a pinprick, you try to tap into your magical healing powers anyway-yet it seems your spell slots are burned out for today and tomorrow! Curse you for trying to do some cool party tricks on the bus! You continue to run, now being the only person in sight. The figure seems to have tried to gain on you, yet is still quite a distance away. Ahead of you, you spot numerous trees in the central park, the sound of a fountain comes to mind as well. The trees aren't very tall, but you think if you can lose him in the park, you'll be safe to climb up a tree until the coast is clear. You run into the park, still quite a distance away from the Figure.

(08-20-2018, 11:14 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: »>Soft steps! Soft steps to the toy shop.
>Check what's inside and try to be quiet to not attract more damn creatures
>NOW read the notebook shshsh!

You hunker down and creep into the toy shop, the lights are mostly off, save for the random few that are on, and some that flicker every now and again. You have now entered a puzzle zone. You begin to silently walk around the darker areas of the Toy shop, being careful to not attract any more damn creatures. There are the obvious 'boys and girls' sections on the left and right sides (the latter on the right and the former on the left) of the shop, then there are the mixed parts such as board games, teddies and more in the centre of the shop. Your currently near the tills and entrance where there is a display of large, plush bears and rabbits alike so you slip behind them.

You open the notebook and start to read. The first page of the notebook has a smudged out name written in pencil, yet over it, in pen, the words 'BEWARE OF THE FLICKER' are written in in messy, blue ink.

The next page is the person drawling on about how much they love robots, and sci-fi and androids. They want to create them and love the concept of creating life.

You get halfway through reading the next page (which is about, you guessed it, how the functionality of an android would work and the components) when you hear a loud clunk come from the back of the store. The noise sounds like it came from the left side of the store and the tap light footsteps follow.