[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: TRAIT TIME 6/17
[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]

(06-17-2018, 09:05 PM)LoverIan Wrote: »>Name: Brimstone
>Stagename: Slate
>Backstory: Played 'Slate' in the movie about the third crew to reach Fortuna. Latta's Crew. Slate is actually a semi-animatronic puppet that Brimstone used during the making of the movie. While he's shameful of ever having been in such a movie he's thankful it got him out of Uutzi space and able to live his life. Now he's going to Fortuna to try and save his people from their own endless cycle.

STR - 2
INT - 3
CHA - 8
END - 6
AGI - 1
LCK - 6
SpoilerShow
(06-17-2018, 10:08 PM)Orpheus the Bard Wrote: »Name: Rimrose Valentine
Stage Name: Magenta
Backstory: Clay used to play the character Magenta, The Happy Marsue in the popular puppet-based children's show "Magenta and Friends". The actuality of the show was that no one was friends. Try as he might, he still cannot leave his old role behind him.

(06-17-2018, 10:42 PM)Wheat Wrote: »S- 1 I- 9 C- 8 E- 3 A- 4 L- 1

(we probably could use a high int crewmember)

Seconding these!
[Image: BMy2LW4.png]
>Nickname: "Meraviglioso"
>Backstory: A master of the stage, their capacity for acting is something of a marvel compared to their contemporaries. Contract after contract would roll in, always ensuring a steady line of well paying jobs. Yet, their work would never satisfy. They were wealthy, famous, and beloved around the stars. Yet the fame, the love, it wasn't their name praised far and wide, but their stage name: "Meraviglioso". Even after retiring, that blighted name followed them wherever they went. Time and time again, they would attempt to carve out a new life only for whatever peaceful life they eeked out to abruptly come to an end in a stream of fans, contracts, and other unwanted adorations all after "Meraviglioso"'s attentions. By now they've had enough, and have turned to Fortuna for a chance to finally be free of their name.
SpoilerShow

Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
(06-17-2018, 10:42 PM)Wheat Wrote: »Name: Ogen Hr'viv'tio Ysplintvratz
Stagename: 「Metallica - Master of Puppets (8:36)」 <pick someone else's>

S- 1 I- 9 C- 8 E- 3 A- 4 L- 1

Summed up in one word, Ogen's life is performative.
Ogen has always distrusted their own sense of identity, believing that they do not exist as a living being. Although they don't remember it, they are told they came into this world with an inanimate friend at their side who is the "pupal form of their discarded psyche." This friend has given them the confidence to live vicariously, in spite of never having been born. While successful in allowing them to function in the world as a successful entertainer, Ogen's sense of nonentity has only been reinforced by the fact that people refer to them by the name of their vessel.

Over time, Ogen has come around to trust in their own selfhood as much as they trust in the selfhood of others. Or rather, they now believe that other people are as little of existing entities as much as Ogen; instead believing others are nothing but storybook characters. Since no one actually exists, it's acceptable to pull at the strings behind the scenes and cheat as many people as possible. All that matters is progressing the elements of this farce in as entertaining a fashion as possible.

And yes, they sometimes narrate the events of their own life as it happens. In the third person.

This but with the stage name "Meraviglioso"
womp c(:
If we want someone with high intelligence, we can always grab an engineer off the streets(or add our apollo unit to the crew). Don't we want decent agility, endurance or luck so our captain won't die as easily?
Our captain would be best with high int imo. [Though personally i think we should go Max or Nothing but I don't feel like making a vote atm.] That way we can get them to choose think of other strategies, I think? I can't rememeber but it allows them to use their wits and stuff to get what they need.

Though since we have inspirational maybe charisma is better? But anyways we can always have the captain do a Int Check if anything goes wrong or have a crew member be a meat shield.
(06-18-2018, 12:36 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »Our captain would be best with high int imo. [Though personally i think we should go Max or Nothing but I don't feel like making a vote atm.] That way we can get them to choose think of other strategies, I think? I can't rememeber but it allows them to use their wits and stuff to get what they need.

Though since we have inspirational maybe charisma is better? But anyways we can always have the captain do a Int Check if anything goes wrong or have a crew member be a meat shield.

We can always have someone smart be the second in command. But even if we do focus on intelligence, can't we pool some other points in agility or endurance? If our captain dies, it's very bad. Sacrificing intelligence or charisma for stats that help the captain live seems like a fair trade.
I personally went for high charisma and above average endurance and luck.
SpoilerShow
Hmmmm. Yea fair points fellow!! I think our fauna's a bit more on agl? So maybe captain should have high int or chr + good end
(06-18-2018, 01:41 PM)wiltingMyosotis Wrote: »Hmmmm. Yea fair points fellow!! I think our fauna's a bit more on agl? So maybe captain should have high int or chr + good end
Well me and ian seem to have gone for the chr version of that.

While our fauna has a lot of agility, our chistle has a lot of endurance. Agility might have its uses if the fauna isn't with us and it lets us do more, but endurance is probably a safer way to get surviveability.
(06-18-2018, 02:17 AM)Apo11o Wrote: »
(06-17-2018, 10:08 PM)Orpheus the Bard Wrote: »Name: Rimrose Valentine
Stage Name: Magenta
Backstory: Clay used to play the character Magenta, The Happy Marsue in the popular puppet-based children's show "Magenta and Friends". The actuality of the show was that no one was friends. Try as he might, he still cannot leave his old role behind him.

Seconding these!

seconding this seconding
[Image: Cmh4iZA.png]
(06-18-2018, 06:04 PM)Wheat Wrote: »a captain that we can't captain well with in a crew that ends up not doing much other than happily surviving isn't worth keeping. at best in that situation we end up with a crew that we always select to do risk-averse averse missions and just limp along the whole run because we only have two crew members with good stats + traits to match their jobs (and those are our fighters), the rest are just average.
Kelda had low intelligence and she was still a responsible captain. Contrast rodney with his 7 int. There's nothing saying a captain needs to be smart to do a good job.

Giving our captain good agility or endurance makes it more appealing to put him in dangerous situations where we can utilise his ability to inspire the other crew, or trick people.(We can totally tell convincing lies with charisma alone.) A flimsy captain is one we'll be more inclined to keep on the sidelines.

And, well, if [illusionist](which is just a flavorful alt name of [cunning]), lets you reliably put up an illusory copy of yourself when you're smart enough, that's news to me.

To get someone smart we just need to find one person doing a technical job and convince them to throw their life away at fortuna. Surely we'll find one doctor or one engineer. Heck, we could just get the small helios from hades and put him on crew, or buy any of the other smart robots at a store.
Do you think an intelligent captain would've vetoed it if we hired Fergus? Would that even be desireable? Do you think a more intelligent captain would've guaranteed a randomized crewmember with stats suited to their job?

I'm not suggesting the captain does anything on their own. [Inspiring] and Kratos' command bonus incentivises us to keep the captain around the crew at all times. We can't make use of that if the captain has to retreat because of his frailty.

With charisma he's already gonna be good for diplomatic outings. Add in endurance and we can send him into a burning building or a jungle without having to fear him getting burned to cinders or bitten to death by a wolf.

It's higly unlikely that we won't find a single opportunity to get someone smart on crew. We've got the mystery member who could actually be good at being a doctor for a change, we've got the helios unit we gave to hades, we got the apollo unit that comes with our ship. And that's just the chances we start out with.
[Image: OkAceLj.png]
Click the image to go to the newest Fortuna update!

[Image: hEQUAj5.png]

((I used more suggestions that can be seen here. They'll just have to naturally come up in game. And it's time for the last bit. Just toss in a suggestion for all of these.

- Give each character (except ???) 1 starting item due to our starting item perk.
-Pick how many planets we're traveling. Min is 2, Max is 6.
- Do we use our stored [Famous] trait, and if so, who do we use it on?
- Pick one yellow trait from below and slap it on a character.
[Manic Rush]
[Object Whisperer]
[Get Well Soon]
[Mislabelled Goods]
[Trick Room] ))
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: Captain my captain! 6/18
- Number of planets: 5!
- Clay Brimstone get's the [Object Whisperer] yellow trait!
- Songiprovo must get the most important object of them all, the towel.
- Keyword; Cowboy
Duck, duck, duck, duck, GHOOST.
i think like 3 or maybe 4 planets at most. The more planets we deal with, the less likely we get our Fabulous Prizes, with these guys.

also we should give [Get Well Soon] to the llama, just because i want the llama to have nice things because they deserve it
Starting Items:
SpoilerShow

Planets:
SpoilerShow

Famous Trait:
SpoilerShow

Yellow Trait:
SpoilerShow

Edit: Changed Clay's starting item.

Edit Edit Edit:
Starting Character - Glirny

Keyword - Yeehaw / Cowboy
> 5 Planets
> [Trick Room] to Sbat because our Agility is terrible and they have the highest endurance
> No [Famous] as we already have Mr. Jones which isn't quite [Famous] but good enough

> Starting character is Belladonna/Insert Name Here
> Keyword is "Jazz"
>Starting Item
-Glirny - Night-Vision Goggles
-Songi - Grapple-Pistol
-Bella - Rubax Cube
-Clay - Puppet Pistol
-Sbat - Text-to-Speech Tablet

>Planets: 6

>Famous: No

>Give Clay the [Object Whisperer] Trait
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
items
Songiprovo - a cool gun
Sbat - MP3 player
Glirny - roller skates (good with 8 agility)
Belladonna - a sketchbook but like, for writing
Clay - yeah some kind of puppet weapon seems like a good idea

5 planets

I want to use the [Famous] trait because otherwise when are we going to use it? We aren't really saving it for any particular purpose, this game is as good a use as the next.
[Famous] on Sbat

Out of the yellow traits only really [Trick Room] and [Object Whisperer] are ones we can make practical use of. Out of these [Trick Room] is more interesting to me so
[Trick Room] on Belladonna, her only stat that will be reduced is Luck, which is, probably, fine.
Apparently this is my first suggestion? Spooky, could've sworn I've posted before. Hello friends

Planets: 6

Several reasons for this -- these characters are cute and I want them to get a lot of screen time, and if we're going to do longer games, we should do it now -- when the universe gets super glitched, it'll be much harder to finish lengthier games than it is now.

Items:
Sbat - Text-to-Speech Tablet
E-457 - Some kind of gun
Glirny - Roller skates
Belladonna - Tuba
Clay - Valentine, with a poisoned blade concealed inside for emergencies

Give Glirny [Get Well Soon]
No [Famous]
So I just want to put this out there... for the Yellow Trait we can give Clay [Object Whisperer].

Also Clay has a puppet. These two things would go together in a very interesting way. Clay and his puppet will be on the next level of relationship basically.

I say we give him [Object Whisperer]

I would also say about six planets. 6

Edit: Didn't notice someone else noticed the idea before me, due to spoiler tag.
> Give Belladona [Trick Room]
> Give Clay [Famous]

Planets: 5 or 6

Items:
E-457 - The most powerful gun possible for their strength to handle
Glirny - Llama armour
Clay - Toolkit [for tinkering with stuff]
Belladona - Planet-recording Tablet
Sbat - Scalpel
[Image: BMy2LW4.png]
Give Clay [famous]
Clay already gets fame from [mr jones]. So with [famous], he'd be famous twice. That's good synergy, and with his high charisma score he should be able to make full use of it.

Give Glirny [manic rush]
Manic rush can bump glirny's speed up to 16 and the sanity drain can be compensated for by Kratos' command bonus.

6 planets

Items:
Sbat: A tablet with upgraded speakers.
East: A pistol/rifle with an extra good scope.
Glirny: Something to do rad tricks on.
Dunno what to do for items with the rest.