[Olympic Games]

[Olympic Games]
RE: [Olympic Games]: ASSIGNED GENEROSITY ENDS JUN 5th 7pm
For clarification
- I changed the rules so you can give part of your points to another person instead of the full thing.
- When a boss (or a species attacks another species due to a flame war) both of them will lose hp that correlates to the other party's hp.

So if a boss has 20 points (aka hp), and the attacked species has 15 points, then the boss wins and it'll have 5 hp left. (Then of course the boss special gives it 10 hp per killed species. So in the end it'll have 15 hp.)

- Species do not gain hp by killing other species or bosses.
- The boss will keep killing species until killed, if there are 2 or more bosses on the field it is 100% possible they randomly attack each other. Same rules apply.

- If a species wasn't in the game, but a bomb hits them anyway cause it was aimed, that species automatically gets 1 point, then loses it due to the bomb, and dies. They will still now be valid for rolls.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
(06-04-2018, 02:17 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Current Syndicate Members: Wheat, Orpheus
Current Points Pledged: 328
Current Syndicate Goals: [Foul Mouthed]

I'm tempted to request we get [Shopaholic] as a red, or [False Death] as a blue.
Can we do a bio addition to give do a special item concept like with Belladonna.
Additionally, what are our views on jobs? Do we want to keep prospector or go for something else?
Should we veto touching something like green traits or stats?
Might join the syndicate if it's still open and I end up having more than my meager 5 points (either I submit and say O-6 is the best or that fanfic gets written.)
womp c(:
Ok so, something i think would be a good idea, would be one of the characters having [Superstitious] as a blue trait. It doesn't nessecarily have to be this one, but if you have some points leftover please consider the case im putting forward.
Basically, I think it would be a good idea to have a character who accepts when stuff appears out of nowhere and doesn't question it. This means we could use our culture god power to summon (although its more of a loan i guess) stuff and they wouldn't freak out about it. The ability to just create basically any object is actually incredibly useful and i feel like could seriously help us in the upcoming game, especially combined with the crafting power. But regular characters would probably get suspicious if stuff useful to them kept appearing out of nowhere. It'd be much easier if one of the crew believed they had a guardian angel or something, and [Superstitous] is the most relevant trait for that. I think. There might be a better trait for this idea, in which case im barking up the wrong tree.
Anyway, thats why i think we should have a [Superstitious] character.
List has been sent.
>I have sent you my list Gime. Enjoy the compliments to the best notail.
I personally like Battle Lawyer, as starting crewmembers probably should be jacks.

I still want to go with Prospector, but mainly bc I'm interested to see if we can really do anything special with Mining
Okay, just theoretically..if the rest of the crew is good enough, would it be the worst idea to pair {Irredeemable] with [Uncontrollable Bloodlust]? Though we have had plenty of trouble with sanity, not to mention that for the low price of ten extra stat points we get zero redeeming qualities and two more bad traits. I'm just asking to be curious if having some higher stats would be worth it. I highly doubt it due to the downsides, but I am still a bit new.

Edit: Also of note I guess choosing only one [Uncontrollable Bloodlust] does only remove one green and blue trait as well, leading to an odd amount of control in this situation.
(06-04-2018, 05:44 AM)Wheat Wrote: »it generally isn't as seen by the time in speedtuna we did that.

Alright fair enough. I was just looking through stuff.
I'll join the syndicate. If I get more points I'll go ahead a give em over.

(06-04-2018, 03:27 AM)Ten11 Wrote: »-snip-
Basically, I think it would be a good idea to have a character who accepts when stuff appears out of nowhere and doesn't question it. This means we could use our culture god power to summon (although its more of a loan i guess) stuff and they wouldn't freak out about it. The ability to just create basically any object is actually incredibly useful and i feel like could seriously help us in the upcoming game, especially combined with the crafting power. But regular characters would probably get suspicious if stuff useful to them kept appearing out of nowhere. It'd be much easier if one of the crew believed they had a guardian angel or something, and [Superstitous] is the most relevant trait for that.
-snip-
Also I agree entirely with the above and say we try and get that instead of foul-mouthed. We already have a sign language cursing mirror lizard, and while it'd be funny to watch them both cuss each other out, this would be super useful. Also those stats seems pretty good, and I'd be for the Civic engineer or body guard, but take a point from char. And put it into int. maybe? They don't need to be super smart, but smart enough to get a higher score on a test than a rock.
womp c(:
(06-04-2018, 04:04 AM)Wheat Wrote: »SYNDICATE GOALS: the job we pick should then match up with the stats we pick.

possible suggestions: somebody high in strength and endurance, because we don't have a battle boy yet and having only marble as a battle boy hindered us last game since our next strongest was cleo, who had only 4 str.

stat spread for a battlin'-based character: [s-9 i-1 c-2 e-6 a-5 l-3]
stat spread for something more like a bouncer/bodyguard: [s-8 i-1 c-7 e-7 a-2 l-1]
some sort of civic engineer with a [s-7 i-7 c-1 e-7 a-2 l-2] stat spread
Battle Lawyer [s-6 i-7 c-7 e-4 a-2 l-0]

hows any of these sound? tweak the stats any? any other job ideas?

Oh, I feel good about a civic engineer. I do feel like joining and wonder if the trait [Motivated] is a good idea for a green trait. Someone who loses morale slower and can't go under 0. Plus having someone passionate on the team, especially the strong man, might be a good idea.
(06-04-2018, 06:08 AM)Kenshiago Wrote: »Oh, I feel good about a civic engineer. I do feel like joining and wonder if the trait [Motivated] is a good idea for a green trait. Someone who loses morale slower and can't go under 0. Plus having someone passionate on the team, especially the strong man, might be a good idea.
Since Kratos is our patron, I don't know if we'll end up needing this trait unless the captain ends up dying or something. (That'd be bad let's not have that happen..)
womp c(:
Motivated may actually be a good trait to have with kratos. If the captain dies it causes steep a morale loss. So a motivated or optimistic character could insulate us a little against captain death.
Sent in list uvu
Fate....
Destiny.....
Fatestiny......
People throw these words around like tennis balls. But I eat balls for breakfast.
but, if you change your views to [superstitous] being a worthwhile trait, and decide to aim for it, wouldn't that technically mean i retroactively aided your efforts, and thus, "payed my dues"?
ok but the retroactive argument still counts
Hmm, okay. I like the idea of having a backup character with [motivated]. That character could function as a safety measure in case the captain decides to start pushing up daisies. That means this character would have to be able to recruit new crew and would thus need decent charisma. 6 would be good, but 3 would probably work as well if we do quests to get crew. In this case the lawyer and adjusted bouncer stat sets would meet the requirement, though you could also go with the battler or civic engineer and take the points out of luck.

I'm not too enthusiastic about the syndicate but I'll give you the 20 points I'd originally put aside for stats if we go with a [motivated]+charisma combi. I'd suggest [individualism] to go with it(As to help manage sanity in the scenario where everyone else quits), but I'm good with just the stat and green trait.
Alrighty wheat I see what you're saying. No superstitious.
Alsooo Fellow, now that you've explained further and I thought it over a bit, I second motivated. It will help in hard times and be good for production n stuff
One last thing, are we going to be giving them a job or just the stats for that job?
womp c(:
I believe we can give the character a job and stats seperately. If the stats don't match the job you get someone who is bad at their job or someone like cobalt who lied on their resume.
I mean besides them maybe being insulted for their name or something (the only example that comes to mind is Cobalt saying Nova's nickname was stupid), or us just wanting to give them an absolutely ridiculous name, there isn't much reason for us to give them a name. Same goes for writing bios, not much will happen other than people maybe referring back to it, whether it be in a good light or not (ex: Jayna being an ex-pirate) As far as jobs go, I'm not too sure on it, but if we end up having someone with a somewhat high char. (and also this doesn't cause them to overwork themselves) then I'd say we have them be the director of fun or something worded better. I know we have Kratos as a patron and he'll keep morale at least at 50, but this way, if the captain does die, it might be easier to bring everyone's morale back up, at least a little bit.
womp c(:
The bio can useful in that it may show the reason the character is going to fortuna, determining the item we'll get if they make it. Still, I don't think it's terribly important compared to stats and traits. A funny thing you could pull with names is to make the character related to a character we've seen in the comic, but we don't really need to do that either.
A funeral director might be good at consoling people, and it keeps the prospector aspect of dealing with things in the ground. As a downside, they'd need to dual job for combat.

An ex police officer might also be good at people skills, and we'd suck up to Kratos. On the flip side they might be poor at lethal combat.
I've sent in my list
[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]

Yeah you have some good points fellow. I say we do a bio if we end up having extra points/space for it since we can only have a list of 5 things.
I mean who knows maybe they were an ex-cop who then shot someone and then couldn't deal with themselves afterwards, so they became a funeral director in hopes of feeling better about their sins.

(06-04-2018, 04:06 PM)Wheat Wrote: »Rodeo Clown is basically a battle clown. they are a clown and fend off dangerous animals to save fallen comrades

This is frickn great and I'm down for it as a second job if we end up not going the ex-cop funeral director route. (as long as we don't overwork them because I'm overly paranoid about that)
On another note, anyone thinking about specific red traits to give them, or do we just want to let that be for now?
womp c(:

0ω0
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
(06-04-2018, 02:21 PM)Wheat Wrote: »Current Syndicate Members: Wheat, Orpheus, Dorf, Potatocrisps, Fellow, Kenshiago
Current Points Pledged: 436
Current Syndicate Priorities:
Traits- [Motivated], [Loyal], [Foul Mouthed],
[Individualism? if points/slots left over]
Stats- probably bouncer stats [s-8 i-2 c-6 e-7 a-2 l-1], maybe if we want them to be smarter [s-7 i-6 c-6 e-5 a-2 l-0]
Jobs- (still tbd)

Quote:One last thing, are we going to be giving them a job or just the stats for that job?
i'd probably recommend we pick an appropriate job.

Other things we could try for are bio and name though though keep in mind more things we pick, less points we'll be able to sink into everything else in general so i'd probably shy away from those. But if someone really wants to, throw some ideas out.

IIRC all characters gain [Loyal] when Kratos is patron, or at least they effectively gain the bonuses of it. While having a backup in-case the captain dies is nice I think [Motivated] will seal the deal.

I'm gonna pledge myself to the Syndicate, although I'm hoping to go for the Prospector or Battle Lawyer builds, though I am open to Bouncer.
My only big request is [False Death].
I have not yet stated this but I have 105 points to contribute to the cause. Over 200 or more depending on how the next day goes.

Also seconded on that we don't need a funeral director or anything that doubles up on what we have.