we must appease

>name: Cool Grind
RE: +iny ©at people
(01-09-2018, 11:36 PM)knux400 Wrote: »NAME: Dumpling

>
Name Lil
(01-10-2018, 12:50 AM)bigro Wrote: »You know what we should do.

Call grind.

yeah uh let's save grind for last please
can we secede from our partnership with wax to make it 2v2v1v1
i think we should call grind too
(01-10-2018, 01:11 AM)Loather Wrote: »i think we should call grind too
Well, if we're calling Grind, we better figure out what the fuck to say to him because I'm fairly certain he hates us by this point.
(01-10-2018, 01:18 AM)bigro Wrote: »-a lot of unreasonably nonsensical statements and other strange sentences-
this entire post is a mistake
and i second it!
(01-10-2018, 01:18 AM)bigro Wrote: »
(01-10-2018, 01:00 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »can we secede from our partnership with wax to make it 2v2v1v1

Personally feeling 5v1. There is nothbinng we can't do. Let the motherfuckers come and we'll eat their heads with our superior blade, well reasoned debate and LOGIC. you know LOGIC and COMMON SENSe might have heard of it??? ?? I'm a good perso

then let's start openly warring against ourselves and make it 5v1v1v1

also if grind calls definitely just ask for his social security number and then hang up
(01-10-2018, 01:29 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »
(01-10-2018, 01:00 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »can we secede from our partnership with wax to make it 2v2v1v1

Personally feeling 5v1. There is nothbinng we can't do. Let the motherfuckers come and we'll eat their heads with our superior blade, well reasoned debate and LOGIC. you know LOGIC and COMMON SENSe might have heard of it??? ?? I'm a good perso

also if grind calls definitely just ask for his social security number and then hang up
Welp, we are definitely going to die. No godhood anywhere near our foreseeable future.
(01-10-2018, 01:33 AM)RedGreenBlue Wrote: »
(01-10-2018, 01:29 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »

Welp, we are definitely going to die. No godhood anywhere near our foreseeable future.
i start punching my other head in the face and yelling "stop hitting yourself!" then i grab the knife
I have no idea what to do here.
But I do want to remind you guys that Wax is going to join the smallest team. Right now, that's Team Frog-Crimes, but if we can ally with someone else real quick, we change that.
Can we use this to our advantage?
I don't know. I don't know what the best strategy is at the moment. My only thought is that if we can rig everyone vs. Wax somehow, my gut thinks maybe that's in our best interest. Especially in light of the fact that Wax is going to refuse to be diplomatic.

Alternately, 5v1 where the 1 isn't Wax will result in the fewest casualties. Especially if the 1 is us. Again, with Wax joining the smallest team, that's impossible without some kind of shenanigans, so if we want that, we'd better start planning shenanigans.
If the 1 is Grind or Rein, that's easier, since they won't easily both be part of the same 5.

Finally, just want to reiterate the notion that maybe we can make remote-controlled-robo-duplicates of our TCPs for the diplomatic mission instead of sending them in person.
Would rather not call grind right now.
If we must talk with them, they can call us.

(01-09-2018, 11:36 PM)knux400 Wrote: »NAME: Dumpling
Yes. Good.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
I am thirding boy grandpa and strongly going against calling Grind, calling him sounds like the worst possible thing right now. If we still want to do literally anything else that does not involve what would most likely be just starting a war we should do that instead. Examples of other things to do include filling out our limit of tcps, doing the whole robot mission, convincing Macaron and Marzu to leave Grind and Rien, having a fun time playing dress up, actually preparing our cats for war, etc.
SpoilerShow
(01-10-2018, 02:16 AM)BananaPanda Wrote: »convincing Macaron and Marzu to leave Grind and Rien

I like this plan.
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
Hey... can we stop being an idiot for just a moment. There is something to be said for accepting responsibility. We may not have known the rules, and the system itself may be bad, stupid, and convoluted, but that doesn't excuse us of our actions. Antagonizing Grind further is a "dick move". No, it is something even worse than that. We know that. We're supposed to be a deity of law and yet we act in chaos. Following no law but your own is chaotic and, at times, evil. At best, it is majorly reckless. Too many of our voices are, well, stupid. Or rather, 'base'. They're impulses, knee-jerk reactions, and childish. We may only be hours old, but we're a fractured gestalt consciousness. We are not some newborn learning things for the first time. Not really. We have collective knowledge about things that would take a normal living being years to learn. Being newborn or not knowing is not an excuse.

We need to focus inward. We need to learn to silence those baser impulses that seek chaos for the sake of it. That seek to satisfy our own ego and our own desires. We have 3, now 4, beings DEPENDING on us. The time to 'play around' and be a huge ass, which we have been, often purposefully, should have ended once we had one such being depending on us and we should have definitely learned that lesson after Fern left. Yet, somehow, we keep doing similar things. That is insane, and stupid. We need to stabilize ourselves. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Collectively. Our actions have been largely reprehensible.

We may not have known the rules when we broke them. The system may be incredibly stupid and not well thought out, which is definitely Wax's fault too, but it is our actions that broke the system. The rules. As such, we owe everyone an apology. Not because we're bad at the game. Not just because we broke the rules. But because we have not lived up to all that we can be. Because we have continually made the same mistakes and ignored any attempts to help us or curb our ways. We owe everyone in this game, even Wax, an apology and an explanation. The explanation is not an excuse, but we have to try and make clear our headspace to others, so they can understand how it reached this point. Most will not understand. Most will not care. That does not matter. It is owed. It is what is right.
the most responsible course of action is to ask all of our TCPs to go rogue so we are out of the game and dead, let them camp out on their home world with the anti-tcp barrier (rigged to let Fernando through if they want a place away from the fighting) until one of the gods wins. Our cats all go to Paradise, we stop being an interminable goddamn fuckup
(01-10-2018, 02:35 AM)gloomyMoron Wrote: »As such, we owe everyone an apology. Not because we're bad at the game. Not just because we broke the rules. But because we have not lived up to all that we can be. Because we have continually made the same mistakes and ignored any attempts to help us or curb our ways.

SeaWyrm Wrote:There are apologies, and apologies.
Actions speak louder than words.

gloomyMoron Wrote:We owe everyone in this game, even Wax, an apology and an explanation. The explanation is not an excuse, but we have to try and make clear our headspace to others, so they can understand how it reached this point. Most will not understand. Most will not care. That does not matter. It is owed. It is what is right.
They already know what we are. What new thing do you propose to say to them? Serious question.

I agree with Schazer on what the most responsible course of action would be.
But, heck, while there's life, there's hope. I still think we should play for 100% victory: All TCPs alive + Frog-Crimes' ascension.
We could also always ask our TCPs what they think. Have we explained everything to them yet?

>Explain everything to the TCPs (with a minimum of self-recrimination) and ask their advice.
(01-10-2018, 02:55 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »
SeaWyrm Wrote:There are apologies, and apologies.
Actions speak louder than words.

Apologizing is still an action. One that indicates self-reflection and a desire for improvement. Following through on that desire is important to lend credibility to our words, but WORDS ARE ACTION TOO.

(01-10-2018, 02:55 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »hey already know what we are. What new thing do you propose to say to them? Serious question.

Knowing what we are is different from knowing how we think. As for what this voice would propose to say, well, this voice could be specific but that's not really how this works. We're all voices in the same being. None of use are particularly strong enough on our own to say something specific. This voice urges introspection and candidly exposing how fractured and broken we are, so that we can start putting pieces into place and be less so.

Quote:>Explain everything to the TCPs (with a minimum of self-recrimination) and ask their advice.

This voice told itself it would avoid using this whenever possible, but absolutely one-thousand percent VETOED. This is not a problem we can pass off to our charges and expect advice from. If it was just for informing them about what transpired and why, then I can see a point to it... especially if we were apologizing to them for inadvertently making things more difficult, complicated, and dangerous. But looking for advice? No. Absolutely, one-billion percent no. That is running away from our responsibility and throwing that burden at beings we're responsible for; beings that we created. Informing them of what has happened and why, apologizing for it, and all that? Yes. Sure. If they offer comments, criticisms, and/or advice then of course we'd listen, but purposefully seeking advice? Going to them, without having learned our lesson, and asking for beings that we're responsible for to tell us what to do about problems we created? Terrible, terrible idea.

SpoilerShow
ok Jokes Chwoka is out of the system now. i'm putting down the knife.

gloomyMoron Wrote:As such, we owe everyone an apology.

to apologize is to return to the pattern of "do a bad thing, then act conciliatory," which is not just presumably tiresome to the other gods by this point, better managed by not doing the bad things in the first place, but is the pattern that absolutely defines our various downward spirals of action and overcompensatory reaction.

instead, we should clearheadedly make the case (to whoever the heck calls next, i'm guessing that's the pattern here,) more eloquently than we did to marzu, that it is, in fact, not a bad thing in the first place to make a knife that exists only as a harmless prank against ourselves.

(01-10-2018, 02:55 AM)SeaWyrm Wrote: »I agree with Schazer on what the most responsible course of action would be.
But, heck, while there's life, there's hope. I still think we should play for 100% victory: All TCPs alive + Frog-Crimes' ascension.

to win, we have to play the game. anybody who truly wants to play to win under the rules, must be committed at this point to going full aggro, including on tasty and prophet if it comes down to it. we are boxed in. we might even have a fighting chance with wax on our side!

i don't want that. war is always bad except in the most stupendously justified instances, and even then it's a colossal tragedy that it even came to that. we have no authority to order someone else to their possible death over fucking nothing but somebody else's petty dislikes — frankly nobody does, but much less us, i mean look at us! a game, any game, is a fictitious construct, "losing" or "winning" by someone else's rules does not a real winner nor loser make.

with allied victory off the table, and war ruled out, we are left casting about for not just the third options (make every TCP go rogue in protest of war, make our own TCPs go rogue and then kill ourselves,) but a third way of seeing the whole endeavor. let's remind ourselves: this is not actually a life-or-death game, this is a comic, a story. what story is it? so far it's the farce of how frog-crimes fucked it all up, and we can see the whole situation as something to be pumped for raw entertainment value, to see how much worse it can get, laughing on the way down since it's not actually us that's going down. or maybe... it's a tragedy, something we can actually put empathy into, with a character at the center who's a mess of complicated contradictions, who's prone to reckless, youthful, at-first-comedic-then-grave errors, but who ultimately finds the resolve to stand up to an unjustly-designed system, just in time to be beat down for it as they make their stupidly courageous moonshot for a wholly different world, one where peace rules and TCPs are truly free?

nah, probably not. i suppose it's between Jokes Chwoka and Sun Tzu now.
Yeah I think we've said sorry enough. If we keep saying sorry and don't change our actions we just become the boy who cried wolf, except now it's the boy who cried sorry and then kept up their shady actions. When we need to honestly say sorry it'll end up flying right over people's heads as another empty word. If someone asks why we did something then we can give a simple "Sorry, we thought the knife/x was a good idea because of X and Y, just so you understand that our action, while looking mindlessly, was not meant to be aggressive on perpose." not a big speech where we rip ourselves apart. Maybe we'll feel good about ripping ourselves apart to say sorry but it'll just be a pile of gross awkwardness for everyone else.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]