RE: +iny ©at people
>Teach concept of fire - All
>Teach anger management - Windy and Fennel
>Teach benevolence - Fernando
SpoilerShow
> TEACH: Flammability of plants - Fernando
Hmm, perhaps we should create something to extinguish this fire.

Tap water, maybe? A fire extinguisher? Hmmm..

>Create a giant slobbering dog.
> teach all stop drop and roll

(05-07-2017, 10:54 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Hmm, perhaps we should create something to extinguish this fire.

Tap water, maybe? A fire extinguisher? Hmmm..

>Create a giant slobbering dog.

how about we create HOT dogs, raw, on a grill platform with very tall legs, over the fire
Wonderful, we've created a serial arsonist.

>Create Fire Pit
>Create Fire Extinguisher
>Create Fire Safety Manual

If we're going to burn things, at least do it in a controlled manner.
i'd suggest we fight fire with fire, but that's a bridge too far. i just hope fernando remembers their fake flower lapel pin shoots water!
Quote:Fernando just shrugs, tells the other two TCPs that everything happens for a reason
Damn it Fernando, what was the point of teaching you all that philosophy if you're just going to get it backwards? Everything happens for NO reason; there's no predefined value or meaning in the universe, it's up to you to determine what you think is important. Speaking of which...
TEACH FERNANDO: Empathy, Kinship
(05-08-2017, 02:07 AM)Kanelel Wrote: »
Quote:Fernando just shrugs, tells the other two TCPs that everything happens for a reason
Damn it Fernando, what was the point of teaching you all that philosophy if you're just going to get it backwards? Everything happens for NO reason; there's no predefined value or meaning in the universe, it's up to you to determine what you think is important. Speaking of which...
TEACH FERNANDO: Empathy, Kinship

haha i was literally just puzzling over that line and your list of philosophies. i think we should just cut to the chase and

(04-23-2017, 02:53 AM)☆ C.H.W.O.K.A ☆ Wrote: »>teach ferns the absurdity of meaning
But meaning isn't absurd.
convincing fern that meaning isn't absurd seems like a bit of a hard sell considering their life experience so far consists of random information being crammed in their noggin and a mailbox being set on fire followed by bees
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
yeah well try telling that to fernando, who's existed for about seventy seconds of an absolutely chaotic disconnected barrage of events happening spontaneously with no intelligible cause and has already adopted the proper nonchalant, distant, amused regard for it all
> Create new mailbox
> Create letters to Fernando
> Create letter to Windy and Fennel

but only after the fire is out... keep these away from fire this time...

> Check status
we are going to kill our cats if we keep doing shit like this.

Teach Fernando: Safety
Create: Fireplace + Chimney
Teach All: Concept of fire
Teach All: Uses of fire
>TEACH FIRE - ALL
>CREATE HOSE
>CREATE HAND PUMP

[Image: tCGKYtJ.png]

As each tiny cat person suddenly learns what fire is and how to deal with it, they each take a different approach. Windy tells Fennel to run over to the small pond, where a hose and hand pump have appeared, and Fennel attaches the hose to the pump and starts pumping. Windy takes the other side of the hose and sprays down the mailbox, while Fernando tries to film herself squirting water at it through her flower lapel.

It takes a few minutes, but eventually, the TCPs put out the fire without it spreading to the house.
The mailbox is entirely ruined, though.

>CREATE NEW MAILBOX
>CREATE NEW LETTERS TO TCPS
>CREATE FIREPLACE AND CHIMNEY
>CREATE FIRE EXTINGUISHER

[Image: zw65T3x.png]

A little further away from the house, a new mailbox is created, made of metal this time. It quickly spits out two new letters. Behind it, a fireplace is added onto the house, in the living room. Inside the living room, a fire extinguisher is made.

Windy picks up the letters and brings them to the other cats, shaking slightly, but reading them out.

“Windy, Fennel, you have a new friend! Please help her feel welcome, and be gentle, because we might have made a mistake already? Whoops! Have fun, you three.”

“Apologies! Fernando, we were so excited to meet you, we forgot to introduce ourselves. We are Frog-Crimes, and we’re a collective deity. That means we have trouble deciding what to do, and controlling what we do, but we want to work with you all the same. We hope you’ll forgive us.”

Fernando grunts a bit, kind of annoyed, but willing to accept this.
Windy asks if the new TCP is the one mentioned in the letters, and Fernando confirms, introducing herself to Windy and Fennel. Windy and Fennel also introduce themselves, before Fennel suddenly asks what their deity had done to upset Fernando.
Fernando then explains, that you had dumped so many concepts and gifts on her the moment she was spawned, only to answer her questions with… gifts that seemed like jokes, and the concept of everything having no meaning. But now, these letters have confirmed what she already thought: everything that happens to her, and Windy and Fennel by extension, happens for a reason… and that reason is that their deity is bored.

[Image: NKTdqdk.png]

Windy and Fennel go very quiet, and speak in whispered tones. They hadn’t thought of it like that… they hadn’t really had a chance to wonder about their existence at all. The two of them just got placed on a little planet, given a few gifts, went on an adventure, and made a new friend. They never really thought about why, they just knew they kinda liked it.
Windy suddenly snaps out of it, and tells Fernando that that’s no reason to have set their mailbox on fire!
Fernando laughs again, and tells Windy that the fire wasn’t her fault- Frog-Crimes had made it.

Windy and Fennel both react with mild surprise… but they both understand that their deity has bad control over the VOID. They just sigh, and offer for Fernando to stay in their living room. Fernando tells them she’ll keep it in mind.

In the meantime, Windy and Fennel have decided that they are going to try to write their own letter to send to you.
hahaha i wasted my time on all of you for 8 years.
>Teach Fernando: Beemancy
>Create: Frog post office
>Create: Frog Postman
CREATE a map of the planets and the tcps in it.
Perhaps this will teach the tcps a bit about what we're doing.
Since we're waiting until later to SPAWN anything, let's try and CREATE a "tiny cat person", just to see what happens.
(05-18-2017, 08:17 PM)Fellow Wrote: »CREATE a map of the planets and the tcps in it.
Perhaps this will teach the tcps a bit about what we're doing.

CREATE: Enchanted map table to place this on which creates a cute matching TCP figurines which update once we meet/create new cat friends.
Quote:everything that happens to her, and Windy and Fennel by extension, happens for a reason… and that reason is that their deity is bored.
Aw hell, she's just spawned in and she already has us figured out. She's smart, we should make her our second-in-command.

Quote:CREATE: Enchanted map table to place this on which creates a cute matching TCP figurines which update once we meet/create new cat friends.
CREATE: Basement war room (no fighting allowed) to contain the map and act as a bunker in case the Soviets nuke us.

CREATE: One (1) hour of respite from godly nonsense.
We've been throwing things at them almost constantly for their whole lives, they deserve a break.
(05-18-2017, 11:57 PM)Kanelel Wrote: »
Quote:CREATE: Enchanted map table to place this on which creates a cute matching TCP figurines which update once we meet/create new cat friends.
CREATE: Basement war room (no fighting allowed) to contain the map and act as a bunker in case the Soviets nuke us.

a bunch of little plastic toy soldiers color-coded to the tcps, and a lot of dice. let's war game. also make the toy soldiers autonomous because i can't imagine any of these cats actually being interested in fake war. maybe fennel for the math
(05-18-2017, 11:57 PM)Kanelel Wrote: »CREATE: One (1) hour of respite from godly nonsense.
We've been throwing things at them almost constantly for their whole lives, they deserve a break.

Seconding this, CREATE: Zone of Tranquility. It's an area that extends in a small radius from the center of the lake - big enough that there's a good chunk of land around it but still only a very small portion of the planet's surface area.

We can't CREATE things in the Zone of Tranquility (the TCPs can carry stuff in there or build stuff inside if they like) and we're psychically/telepathically cut off from our TCPs when they're in the Zone.

It's lacking in amenities so it's a place they can go to take ten rather than hunker down in there permanently.
(05-19-2017, 03:45 AM)Schazer Wrote: »Seconding this, CREATE: Zone of Tranquility. It's an area that extends in a small radius from the center of the lake - big enough that there's a good chunk of land around it but still only a very small portion of the planet's surface area.

We can't CREATE things in the Zone of Tranquility (the TCPs can carry stuff in there or build stuff inside if they like) and we're psychically/telepathically cut off from our TCPs when they're in the Zone.

It's lacking in amenities so it's a place they can go to take ten rather than hunker down in there permanently.

I enjoy this concept, but there are two problems that I see with this. The first being that this seems like something the biggest man up stairs might see as a little bad and he might have to give us the smack-down for our actions even if the intention is good. The second problem is that this might give our TCPS a good place to betray and ultimately kill us. I trust them, but giving them a place where we can not see, hear or affect their actions may end horribly for us.
SpoilerShow
(05-19-2017, 04:25 AM)BananaPanda Wrote: »I enjoy this concept, but there are two problems that I see with this. The first being that this seems like something the biggest man up stairs might see as a little bad and he might have to give us the smack-down for our actions even if the intention is good. The second problem is that this might give our TCPS a good place to betray and ultimately kill us. I trust them, but giving them a place where we can not see, hear or affect their actions may end horribly for us.

I don't have any input about the first, but pertaining to the second, I feel like we probably won't have to worry about any betrayals unless we give them a reason to dislike us. And if we do, we'll probably kinda deserve it.

That being said, I like the idea of a Zone of Tranquility too!
[Image: BMy2LW4.png]
I'm fine with the Zone of Tranquility as long as it isn't any more restrictive than adventure mode; not knowing what's going on inside would be boring, and fully removing our ability to communicate with them could easily turn sour if we have something important to tell them.