Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
>"You may not believe us, but we really are here to help as best we can. If you would like, we can go. But we can just talk too. We will not be doing anything you don't want us too and we really just want to be friendly."
Or you know, something to that effect. Being genuine really helps with people who have been hurt, and the monsters in this world are just hurt people.
damn, looks like we gotta fix this.

(04-21-2017, 07:03 PM)Fellow Wrote: »>Lucas: Offer Lethos companionship if she doesn't take your other offer. Suggest something to do like playing a game to make her remember what having friends was like.
(04-21-2017, 07:53 PM)juddy555 Wrote: »>"You may not believe us, but we really are here to help as best we can. If you would like, we can go. But we can just talk too. We will not be doing anything you don't want us too and we really just want to be friendly."
Or you know, something to that effect. Being genuine really helps with people who have been hurt, and the monsters in this world are just hurt people.
a combination of the two is probably best. maybe first lay out our intentions in a less threatening/pushy way (than was done before, not in what I quoted), then offer to have some fun together either way.

I wonder, what could we play with lethos?
(04-21-2017, 08:32 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »I wonder, what could we play with lethos?
Chess, perhaps? Lucas plays chess, and you can play it verbally so being a huge monster won't get in the way of it so long as we can project it. More physical games are a little difficult. Hide and seek might bring back childhood memories, and it could work if Lucas wore the tin foil hat and lethos did the seeking.

It's not the most exiting of pasttimes but Lethos has literally been standing alone in a field for eternity.
She's suspicious, paranoid, and intelligent. This is dangerous, the level of stubbornness that creates is legendary. At this point she's convinced herself we're here to try and screw her over in some way. We need to tread carefully, do not make sudden and individual commands, people. Chances are you alone are not going to be enough to figure out something that will help us out of this. Work together.
I suggest, if possible, that we stall until we can get Uilos. If Lethos' mind powers extend to mind reading then she'll know he's telling the truth about our abilities. And even if they don't his word could potentially add a lot of credibility to our word.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Oh, I just had an idea. If it's not looking like it's gonna work now, we should just delay it. If we say something like "okay, if you don't believe us then just wait. next time a viable candidate shows up we'll bring you proof" it would let us disengage from the conversation without giving up talking to her.

Alternatively I was thinking about having lucas say something like: "simple logic really: you walking around as a giant hostile entity is an unpleasant/terrifying thought. Making you smaller in a more comfortable/desired form both takes away the giant part, and giving you something you want would hopefully take away the hostile part. Plus, according to literally every source of information we have to pacify all the boss existences like yourself to do something important, so this is really multitasking for us"
(04-21-2017, 06:52 PM)Panur Wrote: »> Garreth: advise.

I second this. We need to think of how to handle this.

If she can see with the flying monsters, then leading them to your group might help convince her this is no trick and that the light is only a tool to allow for speech.

I also agree this is a delicate time, we don't need to throw commands around, but instead spread ideas and info.

I say we show Lethos where we really are with the light projection. It's whole purpose was to get her attention and now it is causing us issues...
Don't look at me. I'm just as confused by the bear as you people are...
(04-21-2017, 11:48 PM)infuriatingCrimson Wrote: »
(04-21-2017, 06:52 PM)Panur Wrote: »> Garreth: advise.

I second this. We need to think of how to handle this.

seconding the seconding

i dont really get why lethos is reacting like this, specially the line Lethos: Such rationale would make for sweet words onto a fool.
>Lucas: Stop talking like a salesman.
>Be Honest: "You said it yourself. You've been here far longer than us. It would follow that you're much wiser than us too and quite naturally far more skeptical. To be honest, we don't fully trust you either. That's why most of our group have their minds protected. But we do want to help you and we believe we can."

We... do believe we can right?
(04-22-2017, 03:05 AM)Unclever title Wrote: »>Lucas: Stop talking like a salesman.
>Be Honest: "You said it yourself. You've been here far longer than us. It would follow that you're much wiser than us too and quite naturally far more skeptical. To be honest, we don't fully trust you either. That's why most of our group have their minds protected. But we do want to help you and we believe we can."

We... do believe we can right?

Seconded. Emily and Garreth should help with this, Garreth because of his title and Emily because she has the most experience talking to monsters. Maybe we should send one of the flimsy clones to retrieve Uilos, as he was a monster before and his experience could help set an empathetic link. Also, is there a way to bring a tinfoil safety lamp to Daydream, or maybe Bob? Letting Malice taking either of those would be a really bad idea.
>Lucas: ask Lethos if she remembers the sun, the blue skies, a world where there is light
(04-25-2017, 01:42 AM)Mousemallow Wrote: »Also, is there a way to bring a tinfoil safety lamp to Daydream, or maybe Bob? Letting Malice taking either of those would be a really bad idea.
while I think that at least trying if tinfoil stuff helps against mal is a good idea, we still have no proof either way if it does.
also, bob is already immune to it, as daydream has told us. I dont recall the details, but I think it was something about bob being pure.
on daydream, she can make her own, the same way she made bob and just everything else in the construct. we could suggest it as soon as we get another meeting with her.
HISHH: the thirdShow

kids wearing garry's glassesShow
Lucas: Offer Lethos companionship if she doesn't take your other offer. Suggest something to do like playing a game to make her remember what having friends was like

[Image: o6gEemq.png]

Show ChatlogShow

It seems you have won the good graces of Lethos. She'll allow you all to move in as long as you don't seem hostile.
Garry: suggest giving Lethos an idea of what will happen so that her friends won't accidentally misunderstand and attack.

FRIENDS ARE EVEN MORE FRIEND SHAPED THAN EXPECTED,I WANNA PET THEMMMM
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(04-28-2017, 07:25 PM)intrepidPioneer Wrote: »It seems you has won the good graces of Lethos. She'll allow you all to move in as long as you don't seem hostile.
well that could have gone MUCH worse.

I guess it is time to help lethos. so how do we get started? can emily just zap her or is there more to boss monsters?
(04-28-2017, 07:54 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »
(04-28-2017, 07:25 PM)intrepidPioneer Wrote: »It seems you has won the good graces of Lethos. She'll allow you all to move in as long as you don't seem hostile.

I guess it is time to help lethos. so how do we get started? can emily just zap her or is there more to boss monsters?

Emily's power works like this: https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3039&p=3561

There's an explanation in the dream bubble after that part, and also a link to her current and some possible abilities here https://lucidstuck.wikia.com/wiki/Guardi...Affliction

Basically Emily walks up and boops Lethos into humanity. Only question after that is if Lethos would be pacified or not. If Lethos is not pacified then that means we'll have to start down that path.
(04-28-2017, 08:58 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »
(04-28-2017, 07:54 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »

Emily's power works like this: https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3039&p=3561

There's an explanation in the dream bubble after that part, and also a link to her current and some possible abilities here https://lucidstuck.wikia.com/wiki/Guardi...Affliction

Basically Emily walks up and boops Lethos into humanity. Only question after that is if Lethos would be pacified or not. If Lethos is not pacified then that means we'll have to start down that path.

Let us not forget what Lethos just said. The lion's share of her psychic power goes towards keeping her massive body together and mobile. If we put her into a humanoid form she's going to go Psion Deity on us. Sort of like when Cable stopped needing to use his psychic powers to keep the mechanizing virus from killing him and then he basically turned into a god.

Can we pacify her FIRST somehow? I do not recall.
(04-28-2017, 11:19 PM)Kayriel Wrote: »Let us not forget what Lethos just said. The lion's share of her psychic power goes towards keeping her massive body together and mobile. If we put her into a humanoid form she's going to go Psion Deity on us. Sort of like when Cable stopped needing to use his psychic powers to keep the mechanizing virus from killing him and then he basically turned into a god.

Can we pacify her FIRST somehow? I do not recall.

At this point, I don't see a good way of going about that. If somebody can think of a way that would be unlikely to cause Lethos sufficient enough stress to decide to instakill us I'd be for it.

In regards Lethos getting a psychic power up... It doesn't particularly matter? I mean, she can already without doubt mop the floor with us. The only difference would be her being small enough to see us on her own, and her minions are already doing that for her so the difference would be negligible.

There is the possibility of us not having any leverage to keep her from killing us as soon as we humanify her though. However, I expect that between Lucas' efforts in communicating, Nevil's Facade, and restoring her human form that she will at least be neutral towards us.
>Lucia: Give lucas your tin foil hat so he doesn't have to rely on hermes.
It would probably be bad if hermes gave his psychic block to the swarmlings.
(04-28-2017, 08:58 PM)martialAcademic Wrote: »Emily's power works like this: https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3039&p=3561

I know HOW they work, more or less at least.
I was asking if the process is more complicated for boss monsters. as far as I recall, uilos was not a boss monster.
(04-29-2017, 12:35 PM)Xoleuph Wrote: »I know HOW they work, more or less at least.
I was asking if the process is more complicated for boss monsters. as far as I recall, uilos was not a boss monster.
Uillos is a boss monster. Emily's demonstrification skill works only on boss monsters, if it's used on any other monster the monster gets killed.(This is said kinda vaguely here but the wiki page makes clear that it pertains to boss monsters.) If he wasn't a boss monster, he wouldn't have survived the skill.

Since we don't have a soul increasing item from uillos, the skill doesn't automatically pacify a monster.
(04-29-2017, 02:36 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Uillos is a boss monster. Emily's demonstrification skill works only on boss monsters, if it's used on any other monster the monster gets killed.(This is said kinda vaguely here but the wiki page makes clear that it pertains to boss monsters.) If he wasn't a boss monster, he wouldn't have survived the skill.

Since we don't have a soul increasing item from uillos, the skill doesn't automatically pacify a monster.
well, that answers my question.
time to zap lethos then.

on the whole super mind powers thing, could we not just give her the spare tinfoil hat once transformed?
FINALLY, my magnum opus is done! this is a project that's taken literally over a year to get done, between rewrites, modified canon and change of style.

For a little background info, this is canon to my Tentacle Salad AU, where Vorrus is revived post construct and eventually starts dating Uilos. This comic (doujin?) here happens like a year after the kids getting out of the construct with things settling around them giving time for Vorrus to concern herself with the little things.

I have tonnes of headcanons for this and other AU's, so feel free to ping me over here or my tumblr whenever for more on it.

All gifs by Terra, so you can go stare at him in shock and awe for his mastery.
All art (except those trees) by me. (apparently Photobucket resized most of my shit, if you want the crispy edged bitart you should provably dig a bit on my tumblr for them, or ask me)
Trees by Ip

[Image: 01_zpsgbz7jdta.png]
Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 02_zpsieencjed.png]
Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 03_zpsyyx4ernl.gif]
Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 04_zpsm0kostdk.png]
Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 05_zpshkqidhqd.gif]
Show ChatlogShow

READ MORE ==>
READ MORE ==>
READ MORE ==>
READ MORE ==>

Show ChatlogShow
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
OMG Pan that is the best thing ever. Especially love the last panel, everyone looks soooo great! <3