[HONEYBEETUNA] - Don ye Happy Hat

[Image: h90S1S3.png]

You've decided to start up you're favorite game, the hip game of this or any other century, Fortuna. Having gone slightly bored of the pure vanilla experience, you've decided to use a few mods, just a few things to spice things up a bit. Like this sweet new graphics pack, mhmm, taste the RETRO. Aside from that you've got a Roman-Centric mod that you're not entirely certain of how it'll go, but well, we shall see won't we. Heh.

[Image: UDpYLNn.gif]

Anyway, you quickly click over to the Achievements section to peruse some things.

[Image: CMSY07o.png]

[Image: Kg3Fp4R.gif]

You speed swifly along the shop list, noting briefly what you have of each. You've only played this universe a few times, so you don't exactly have a lot of Fortuna items, but the ones you got are... interesting, you've got the Fortuna dice at least, so there's that.

=Gameplay Bonuses=
Show Content

=Fortuna Items=
Show Content
[Image: 3dEnkzN.png]

Of course, the most important decision for any game of Fortuna, is who your Patrons are, for they can decide the course of your games even more so than the bizzare scenarios and other weirdness you're likely to encounter in a normal game. Normally, you don't start with many Romans, but the Roman mod replaced the default starter patrons with these. Also you unlocked Nike, so she's there too.[/align]

Mars
Show Content

Minerva
Show Content

Sol
Show Content

Victoria
Show Content

Nike
Show Content

You take a moment to ponder your options. As well, you note that after pre-emptively spending some points, you have 1200 achievement points left with which to spend. This is a very important decision and you shouldn't make it lightly.
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
RE: [HONEYBEETUNA] - The First One
Not terribly picky what the points get spent on, but I feel having both Mars and Minerva will end well.Melonspa
Edit: For bonus points, have a Centurion Councillor.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
>Mars and Victoria
Watch in awe as I end every comment I've ever written and ever will write with the greatest and most anticlimactic signature in the universe!!!!!!!!!

poopy
>Get Mars and Mirvana, along with the Box of Bees and the Paper Crown of the Sun God for fun.
Show Content
>Mars and minerva cause that sure seems like a good idea

>And yeah let's buy bees or something.
> Nike and Victoria. This combination can't go wrong.

> Also choose the bumblebot.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
> Get bumblebot.
> Make Keyword Bees

> Get Mars and Minerva
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
(01-09-2017, 05:46 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »> Get bumblebot.
> Make Keyword Bees

> Get Mars and Minerva

This is pretty much the ultimate suggestion right here
(01-09-2017, 05:46 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »> Get bumblebot.
> Make Keyword Bees

> Get Mars and Minerva

The bumblebot is probably cool, but if you combine it with two new patrons you'd be 1500 points down the hole and we only have 1200.
Second patron slot is on so we don't need to pay for that, we also have one fortuna item slot so no paying for that. It's 500 for the bumblebot, and it seems we already own these patrons so they're free I think. Then it's 500 for the keyword.

If I'm right we're only using 1000 out of 1200.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
(01-09-2017, 06:26 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »Second patron slot is on so we don't need to pay for that, we also have one fortuna item slot so no paying for that. It's 500 for the bumblebot, and it seems we already own these patrons so they're free I think. Then it's 500 for the keyword.

If I'm right we're only using 1000 out of 1200.
Ah, I thought we'd only get Nike for free. Bumblebot it is.
Well, if the patrons are indeed free, then seconding Gime.
RE: [HONEYBEETUNA] - S A S S
>Mars and Minerva

[Image: DBdOF0X.png]

You purchase cute little Bumblebot, the Keyword [Bee] and the Paper Crown of the Sun God, just because, and then you pick Mars and Minerva as your patrons.
Yes, that seems like a very sensible decision that couldn't possibly go wrong.

[Image: MHxqSuL.png]Greetings player It is good to be-
[Image: wcqtUfI.png]Hello there-
[Image: AUM7ryg.png]WHAT IS SHE DOING HERE PLAYER!!!
[Image: dnif5Uy.png]Wow, not even a minute in and you're already shouting, that's got to be a new record.
[Image: AUM7ryg.png]AND NOT EVEN A SINGLE MINUTE IN AND YOU ARE ALREADY STARTING WITH THE SASS. YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT SASS.
[Image: dnif5Uy.png]Oh no, I'm sure nobody knows how you feel about sass, you've never mentioned it before.
[Image: NDoiK3l.png]SASS

[Image: kD9huZY.gif]

[Image: dnif5Uy.png]Is this how you're going to be today?
[Image: AUM7ryg.png]: I WILL BE HOWEVER I WANT TO BE TODAY!!!
[Image: dnif5Uy.png]: I think we can all see that, you're being professional.
[Image: AUM7ryg.png]: I WAS ALL SET TO RUN A VERY NICE GAME WITH THE PLAYER, ONE FULL OF WAR AND CONQUEST AND GLORY AND DEATH!!!
[Image: AUM7ryg.png]: BUT THEN YOU CAME IN WITH YOUR SASSY MOUTH!!!
[Image: wcqtUfI.png]: Not that that doesn't thrilling and everything, but, how do you even know the player is aiming for a game of 'War and Conquest' and *tch* "Glory"
[Image: NDoiK3l.png]: Errr... uh, I sort-of... assumed. I mean they did pick MARS, GOD OF WAR, as one of their patrons.
[Image: dnif5Uy.png]: Mhmm
[Image: NDoiK3l.png]: It's not at all an unreasonable assumption, shut up!

>New Game

[Image: pABUiKA.png]

=Ships/AI Available=
Show Content

[Image: NDoiK3l.png]: Ah, player, If you are planning warfare and conquest, than would of course, suggest my glorious battlecruiser!
[Image: wcqtUfI.png]: And of course, If not, then of course, I would recommend my own ship.
[Image: NDoiK3l.png]: Yes, I will admit, the Minerva is a fine ship if your not in the business of universal war.
[Image: wcqtUfI.png]:How uncharacteristicly gracious of you.
[Image: NDoiK3l.png]: ...It's owner on the other Hand.
[Image: NDoiK3l.png]: Actually that reminds me, as neither of us are particularly keen on allowing the other one to be in charge of your ship, I think It would be best If you chose someone else to run it.
[Image: wcqtUfI.png]: I would actually reccomend Victoria, the only member of your little battle posse I can actually stand.
[Image: NDoiK3l.png]: What? But what about Bellona, what do you have against Bellona!?
[Image: wcqtUfI.png]: Well firstly, the player hasn't unlocked Her.
[Image: wcqtUfI.png]: Secondly, Bellona's a psychopath who shouldn't be allowed near anyone, she'd only mess things up with here moods.
[Image: NDoiK3l.png]: You just don't understand Her... fine.
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
>Greek Apollo Ship and either Roman Apollo or Diana as ship AI.

I feel like if we choose the Mars or Minerva ship the other patron (the one who's ship wasn't chosen) will think we're showing favoritism to the other.
Do we have any idea what these ships do?

I mean I know the Mars ship is ment for combat and the Minerva ship has sensors and item teleportation but that's about it.
> Pick the Diana ship with Sol as the ship AI.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
Oh and I guess I'll pick the >Apollo ship and the Sol AI.
The choice is clear. We must conquer in the name of Apidaria!
>Mars
RE: [HONEYBEETUNA] - Characemellion
>Greek Apollo, Sol AI

[Image: qfbPnIi.png]

[Image: wcqtUfI.png]Well then, we shall leave you to create your crew.
[Image: NDoiK3l.png]We shall be doing much the same. Ah-ha, just you wait Minerva, until you catch a glimpse of my champion. He shall be glorious.
[Image: dnif5Uy.png]Oh I simply cannot wait.

[Image: MKWY8ki.png]

And now onto the BEST part of any game of Fortuna, CHARACTER CREATION. You've elected to insert a Pre-Made Captain to lead this merry band of yahoos, and chosen to randomize one of the the others, with Mars and Minerva's Character's, you have four remaining characters to set up.
My picks for possible jobs:
A xenobiologist/hacker
A beastmaster/diplomat
An ex-millitary sniper
and an amnesiac that can't remember what it is they do, and no-one else has bothered to tell them

Edit:
A ex-millitary spec. ops unit (Sniper/Infiltrator?)
A Bee-ologist/beemaster?
An amnesiac still

If we can suggests species already, I would like to see a Kaikian :D
How about
>Beekeeper/Mess-sergant
>Hacker/Infiltrator
Cea Def
Apidee

Beekeeper
[Poor Listener]
[Joker]
[Hates B's]
> At least 1 more Apidee.
> Might as well get an aftik for the traditional killing of the aftik.

If we're doing characters one by one.

> Next character have the job of Bee Keeper. As in they train attack bees.
A Negotiator. Definitely a negotiator.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
> Get a bee bodyguard. To protect the bees, of course!