[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 12/28 TRASHTALKING
> Nobody: Drink The Fool.

Also, seconding that Cleo stun those birds with her robot arm.
I take it we can't cheese the whole "1 Int" thing with [Intelligent]? Either way, we should wait for that pic before moving forward with that injection. As for the other four traits, I say;

[Good With Machines]
[Animal Communer]
[Optomist] (We want the original her back.)
[Great Artist] (Another defining trait, but improved due to the fact that we can't choose neutral traits.)
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
(12-29-2016, 12:06 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Considering we have an indestructible ship that we can just crush whatever with I don't think we'll really need any offensive upgrades. Even if you still think we do, we can always have Cleo pop it once she's done those things. Or just have Latta do it since she's a Jack of All Trades.
You mean that if somebody starts waving guns at us we go back into the ship and crash it into them? I'm also not sure Latta would be a great engineer. Sure she has high intelligence but she doesn't have training, or the[jack of trades] trait. But, I guess our helios unit might be able to do some engineering if we have someone else take over his janitor duties.

What would we do with Cleo if she takes the potion? Her stats will normally be meh if she injects it, so do we try give her traits around being useful with the twice a day trick room boost?

Edit: Regarding the upgrades, we could pimp out our new Nike unit(We have a lot of throwing knives, so give her a knife gun arm?), Cleo's robot arm, the flame thrower and that pistol. We may also be able to give our recon bird better scanners or mobility, and we could perhaps turn Marble's bardiche into a power weapon like the one nova found, or add stunning capabilities.
(12-29-2016, 10:12 AM)Fellow Wrote: »Snip

Next planet is the Center of the Universe and after that is Fortuna. Neither situation should require us to be far from our ship. That paired with long distance communication and I don't think we'll have a problem. Unless you think we could turn Spips or Cea into elite alpha strikers capable of ending fights before they begin I don't see any advantage to using conventional weaponry over our flying indestructible space brick.

I was thinking we build her to be a super parasite ala Animal Communer and Calming Presence so that whatever we decide to put her in is compliant and content. Cooperative might also be good if the potion has a negative effect on the subject's mood. As for the other two/three traits you could use those to either tack on whatever other skills you want or to try to "restore" Cleo (probably not gonna work out as well as we think but if it's what others want).
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Doesnt cleo have a stungun in her arm or something?
[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]

(12-29-2016, 05:03 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Next planet is the Center of the Universe and after that is Fortuna. Neither situation should require us to be far from our ship. That paired with long distance communication and I don't think we'll have a problem. Unless you think we could turn Spips or Cea into elite alpha strikers capable of ending fights before they begin I don't see any advantage to using conventional weaponry over our flying indestructible space brick.
Ramming may be a good strategy and the mercury may be fast and on a space ship scale, but I'm unsure if we'll be able to steer it into a person sized someone who doesn't want to get hit well enough, and I don't know how close we'll be able to land to the fortuna chest. We may also have to get fuel from the Helper's planet and we may not be able to park our ship close to that, or close to the Helper herself.

As for the traits I suppose that'd make Cleo usefull for peaceful solutions. I'd still rather build a ton of stuff, though. Although I do like the idea of turning Cleo into a big monster bug.

We may not need to put in the effort to do this on the Eris planet but we'd to get Cleo's sanity down to have her use the bottle, seeing as Trash indicated that Cleo would need to be a bit insane to get the potion injected.
As a note the stream today and tomorrow will have to be moved as I'm heading on a trip, and have no idea if the person is picking me up today or tomorrow, as such I have to prepare, and don't want to suddenly have to dip out of a stream. (Before I thought the person was picking me up on the 31st, hence the calendar, but that is apparently not the case.)

I will attempt to update on my trip, but I cannot be sure if I will be able to as I will be in the middle of water constantly, and / or horses.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
(12-29-2016, 06:12 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Snip

We could theoretically have both things. Have Cleo, Helios v11, and Latta all work on getting some new stuff made and then change Cleo. The only time sensitive matter is finding a new host (if we want one) and making it so she's crazy enough to consider it or we have someone who'd be willing to do it for her.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(12-29-2016, 08:09 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »We could theoretically have both things. Have Cleo, Helios v11, and Latta all work on getting some new stuff made and then change Cleo. The only time sensitive matter is finding a new host (if we want one) and making it so she's crazy enough to consider it or we have someone who'd be willing to do it for her.

I think she may not need a host anymore after getting an injection like that.

Perhaps if Edel goes crazy he could give her a shot(His sanity should be harder to get down, but this is the eris planet so who knows), and Hermes may also be able to poke a needle into her if we can convince him to help. And maybe Latta could convince Cleo to take an injection, since she might be less shy about injecting unknown substances into people because of [adventurous].

Oh and I fear Latta could be busy taking care of Nero(She did delegate the job of putting lights on that dragon to Cleo earlier), but maybe Cea could lend a hand so long as he gets the right instructions.
Alright, normally I would keep quiet due to catching up with the story, but this is an opportunity I can't let pass by.
We *might* be able to cheat the rules on "The Fool" a bit, with it's own consequences.
Both revolve around separating Cleo from her host, however.
The first option has Cleo, now separated from her host, drink "The Fool". This works similar to having her drink "The Fool" normally, but may let us keep the strength/endurance/agility of the host.
The second option has the host, separated from Cleo, drink "The Fool". This... Is the more interesting option of the two, as it has the potential to turn Cleo's body into a separate crew-member.
Either way, we should probably do this somewhere safe that we can handle the consequences better.
Quiet. Good for an unusual opinion. Doesn't talk much.
(12-30-2016, 07:06 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Both revolve around separating Cleo from her host, however.
The first option has Cleo, now separated from her host, drink "The Fool". This works similar to having her drink "The Fool" normally, but may let us keep the strength/endurance/agility of the host.
The fool only lowers intelligence to 1. The other stats will most likely stay the same. Now, if Cleo had any physical traits, it might've been possible to keep those by having Cleo not attach to the host while taking the potion, but she doesnt have any of those.

As for giving the host the potion seperately, for one I'm not sure we'd be able to determine the host's traits, since it's not a crewmember. For another we won't have any more open crew spots once we figure out what to do with the extra ship. Lastly, Cleo won't have a host anymore if the host becomes its own person.

Now, the option of replacing Cleo with her host is there, but it'd be cruel to Cleo, it wouldn't be guaranteed to work, and as an animal Cleo's host likely has less charisma than her, so we'd be worse off as well.

We might get an open crew slot or two later on this planet by virtue of deaths but I believe we'd may get more use out of giving a robot(Helios, Nike, Hermes) crew status or by getting a tourist to tag along with us.(And perhaps then having them ingest this "exotic drink".)
Unless I have a serious misunderstanding of Cleo, is there anything saying she can't just use a willing sentient host?
(12-30-2016, 11:45 PM)Arcanuse Wrote: »Unless I have a serious misunderstanding of Cleo, is there anything saying she can't just use a willing sentient host?
Probably but there's nothing we can really get off this planet. The notails are very restrictive about letting people in or out. I mean I thinks tourists are exempt but I doubt they'd volunteer to let a parasite take over.
What about using another member of the crew?
I don't think anyone on the crew is "willing" to have their mind taken over.
(12-31-2016, 12:01 AM)Arcanuse Wrote: »What about using another member of the crew?
Well, Edel is a plant, so I doubt he'd work. Cleo would be a downgrade from Latta, and Cleo's mind is gonna be less good at both fighting and talking than Marble's. Cea is right out since Sonny'd take a lot of issue with someone trying to control Cea. And Adrax, if we can get him onto the ship, is probably too hard to control because of his mind powers. Spips could work I suppose, though we might lose out on her visions depending on how much brain function a host would have.
Strictly speaking, nothing explicitly says Cleo *has* to take command over the host body, instead of sharing it, for mutual benefits from both what the other knows and can do. Now if it turns out that Cleo HAS to take full command all the time of a host, then yes, it is perfectly understandable the crew would be... Reluctant, at best.
You know, that picture book of Cea's might help get Cleo's sanity down.
(12-28-2016, 08:54 PM)juddy555 Wrote: »>Everyone: Fill your pockets with birbs, they may be useful.
My only goal is to get as many Minithenas as possible.
Yes. We could sell them or use them. We could also use them to check rooms for danger/traps?
I came back 2 days ago but there was kind of an incident that happened.

Anyway. Today is the speedtuna. Check out the stream month sheet as always.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
I only see December?
(01-07-2017, 11:29 AM)eerr Wrote: »I only see December?

Check the bottom. There's a second sheet called "1/17".
RE: [Fortuna]: LIVE UPDATING
[Image: UxYZCJV.gif]

[Image: Q0WHMpa.gif]

[Image: aTNm0AK.gif]

[Image: FGZ4Y8f.gif]

[Image: bM7mESA.gif]

[Image: k6V3zCo.gif]

[Image: gE8y6de.gif]

[Image: jI4lfXw.png]

[Image: Fwy2mUN.gif]

[Image: eDUbP1c.gif]

[Image: ljwNSlI.gif]

[Image: qaQTIQh.gif]

[Image: z1Hmqvb.gif]

[Image: Dx9NjXL.gif]

[Image: 13bvVmB.gif]

[Image: TUIZgF6.gif]

[Image: pYC5SZr.gif]

[Image: WnNoJ3X.gif]

[Image: WD602ml.gif]

[Image: dDqW0Xq.gif]

[Image: xBfdcYm.gif]

[Image: JIjkJW8.gif]

[Image: FdHhiIv.gif]

[Image: vJ3bDlP.gif]

[Image: COzq9Lq.gif]

[Image: fnHWa8i.gif]

[Image: TCHGfhU.gif]

[Image: zkM3Z77.gif]

[Image: R8paA52.gif]

[Image: EqwmGbs.gif]

[Image: zLYLqqb.gif]

[Image: q1eFHHp.gif]

[Image: vWyAuLz.gif]

[Image: 3J3upL1.gif]

[Image: aqxmyqg.gif]

[Image: 8Ly7SNY.gif]

[Image: shSg3xj.gif]

[Image: onLI4fx.gif]

[Image: ZYgvdlY.gif]

[Image: 7fTfp87.gif]

[Image: EpnHIex.gif]

[Image: eFxNTj5.gif]

[Image: LS8Nw7S.gif]

[Image: jI4lfXw.png]

[Image: bhheiLR.gif]

[Image: uPNj7nD.gif]
RE: [Fortuna]: 1/9 His name was Heart Breaker
>Adrax activates [Trick Room]: No
>Adrax Strength Check: Use the killing stick on the volkronn
RE: [Fortuna]: 1/9 His name was Heart Breaker
>Run Away! Run Away!
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...