[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 11/8 Skining Axolotls
(11-09-2016, 01:24 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Latta: Convince Cobalt that consuming the Somnus will let her store more metal in herself without having to grow in size and may aid her in hiding her clockworkness.

She probably won't react well to commands from someone other than her acting captain. Just tell her directly through mind control. She doesn't even have to know she's being told this; it's her idea, riiiiiiight?

(11-09-2016, 01:32 AM)SirBlizz98 Wrote: »>Slate: Mind Control Cobalt, Strike Somnus' weak point for massive damage.

But yeah, better soften him up first before going in for assimilation. (Oh, and she [Rarely Misses], too; she's got this.)
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
(11-09-2016, 02:10 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »
(11-09-2016, 01:24 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Latta: Convince Cobalt that consuming the Somnus will let her store more metal in herself without having to grow in size and may aid her in hiding her clockworkness.

She probably won't react well to commands from someone other than her acting captain. Just tell her directly through mind control. She doesn't even have to know she's being told this; it's her idea, riiiiiiight?

This isn't a command, it's a suggestion. A suggestion given by someone with max INT and 7 CHA to someone with 3 INT and 1 CHA. Even at a disadvantage I think Latta has a pretty good shot.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(11-09-2016, 01:32 AM)SirBlizz98 Wrote: »>Slate: Mind Control Cobalt, Strike Somnus' weak point for massive amage.
If anything, at this stage of the fight this would probably get Cobalt killed (if that's even possible...?). The last time we told someone to immediately bum rush a boss, it didn't end well.
>slate: mind control geko to angel beams at the weak point
>Latta Charisma Check: "maybe we should all stand back", but nudge Cobalt to fire on the weak point

Let's move discussion to the discussion thread or the discord.
Besides Cobalt and Citrine have rarely misses. Cobalt's gun didn't fall out bc it is built into her, and with rarely misses we are nearly guaranteed a shot on the obvious weak point (strike it's weak point for massive damage)
(11-09-2016, 02:26 AM)Spish Wrote: »The last time we told someone to immediately bum rush a boss, it didn't end well.

This isn't bum rushing, though. This is telling her to orbital strike the thing at a polite distance (i.e. within earshot, but not point blank).
(11-09-2016, 02:48 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »Let's move discussion to the discussion thread or the discord.
I thought discussion of commands was something that was done in this thread whereas the Pit is more of a general thing. Or is there another thread or a change in policy I'm missing?

I think we'd have a better shot if we used Geko to get Cobalt doing something, rather than Latta. Geko's charisma is higher than Latta's and he's Cobalt's friend.
Edit:
Quote:
Quote:
> Slate: Put your and Geko's heads together to convince the Somnus that the party's not ruined, just, let everyone who's willing to wait leave, and mop up the rest. You all will wait until you get the word it's ready. Probably also lots of apologies to the lady for the disturbance. (Don't forget there might be a time limit until the party need to be underway.)

Second, also, we can't use Cobalt gun... For motives.

Hm, fair point. I guess I second this instead.
> Slate: Put your and Geko's heads together to convince the Somnus that the party's not ruined, just, let everyone who's willing to wait leave, and mop up the rest. You all will wait until you get the word it's ready. Probably also lots of apologies to the lady for the disturbance. (Don't forget there might be a time limit until the party need to be underway.)
> Slate: Takes stock of everything thats fallen on the ground. Grab anything that could be useful. (Weapons, things big enough to be used as shields, etc.)
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(11-09-2016, 03:32 AM)DS Piron Wrote: »> Slate: Put your and Geko's heads together to convince the Somnus that the party's not ruined, just, let everyone who's willing to wait leave, and mop up the rest. You all will wait until you get the word it's ready. Probably also lots of apologies to the lady for the disturbance. (Don't forget there might be a time limit until the party need to be underway.)

Second, also, we can't use Cobalt gun... For motives. [Image: pkag3Tg.gif]
(11-09-2016, 04:46 PM)LammarWesley Wrote: »
(11-09-2016, 03:32 AM)DS Piron Wrote: »> Slate: Put your and Geko's heads together to convince the Somnus that the party's not ruined, just, let everyone who's willing to wait leave, and mop up the rest. You all will wait until you get the word it's ready. Probably also lots of apologies to the lady for the disturbance. (Don't forget there might be a time limit until the party need to be underway.)

Second, also, we can't use Cobalt gun... For motives.

I don't think we're going to find a peaceful resolution here. But then again, I realize that the second point Lammar made is valid. Don't want to blow us all sky high. But then again, I still support the "feed Cobalt" plan, so...

> Slate > Somebody: Toss a gun Citrus's way.

> Slate > Citrus: Shoot its weak point for massive damage.

> Slate > Cobalt: Time to eat.
RE: [Fortuna]: 11/8 Streaming!
(11-09-2016, 01:14 AM)Fellow Wrote: »> Slate: Get Geko to look for something useful.

[Image: n1keWUc.gif]
Fortuna rolls 4 20 sided dice. A 16, 7, 12 and 18 is rolled.

[Image: 3gbHV5f.gif]

(11-09-2016, 01:32 AM)SirBlizz98 Wrote: »>Slate: Mind Control Cobalt, Strike Somnus' weak point for massive damage.

[Image: xOOYXXg.gif]

[Image: chV1oYZ.gif]

CO-PLAYER!!!! What are you doing? I thought we were a team! Why didn't you hand any of my characters weapon but you handed the other items to CHARACTERS WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF! Why are you controlling the aftik co-player? That boss isn't too hard! All we needed to do was fire on it Co-player!

I mean, I guess the aftik is powerful, but I feel you are over complicating the situation.

[Image: f0AqCOn.gif]

Ugh! Forget it, seeing as I can't do anything without a weapon, I'm going to use Spips's [Visions] to check how this is going to go!

Quote:Athena > Spips, attempt to use [Visions]

[Image: yErRJPU.gif]

Badly. That's how it's going to go. Great, just great. Unless she's wrong and moving back is going to cause us to die. Well Co-player in times like these we need other people to take the fall. DO NOT. And I repeat DO NOT use Slate to tell everyone to run, this is already going horribly. If you need me I'll be having Latta look for a WEAPON in the back! Where it's safe. Do whatever you want other then that.

[Image: EnF12t5.gif]

Quote:> Get Slate to move Geko and Citren.

[Image: EVp6oPS.gif]

[Image: FuteJ94.gif]

[Image: 49PkyEV.gif]

Quote:> Use Rivet to push Nicko to Cobalt.

[Image: i9fLzYp.gif]

[Image: yyUjlEE.gif]

[Image: H2blOTN.gif]

[Image: MtPzc9J.gif]

[Image: v5kUbLU.gif]

Quote:> Let Athena take the wheel.

Fortuna rolls 2 20 sided dice. A 11 and 13 is rolled.

[Image: QC9VU9R.gif]

[Image: RzMsA1n.gif]

[Image: jI4lfXw.png]

[Image: BbaqSWd.gif]

[Image: IyppGbO.gif]

[Image: dvKOTmQ.gif]

[Image: OjPoj4j.gif]

[Image: XUjgznx.gif]

[Image: 62qd5qh.gif]

Fortuna rolls a 20 sided dice. A 6 is rolled.

[Image: dipoEmZ.gif]

[Image: I8DOnE2.gif]

[Image: 4nU6CdY.gif]

[Image: m5xFVpj.gif]

[Image: raF7n0m.gif]

[Image: 8iDRjwd.gif]

[Image: i190Is2.gif]

[Image: 3LXVHo8.gif]

[Image: Foukw9K.gif]

[Image: kshv8Ek.gif]

[Image: RKzoGTo.gif]

[Image: AcMFYeX.gif]

Thanks for coming to the stream everyone! We got a lot of work done today!
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 11/8 Streaming!
> Slate: Tap Latta on the shoulder, shake you head and just point to the exit.

> Oh yeah and also pick up that case of points.
RE: [Fortuna]: 11/11 = 1
SpoilerShow

(11-11-2016, 07:48 AM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »> Oh yeah and also pick up that case of points.

>Give the Mors unit 'Mercy'. That line tends to amass money like it's nobody's business.
>Slate: Pick up the dead Axolotl. Good eating on those.
Curse my need to sleep overriding my need to watch beautiful art being made! >.<

...oh-well, maybe next time ^^

>Latta: Tell me how i can save everyone in this pitiful ruin of a town, and hopefully not starve while trying to reach Fortuna... or loose more lives while trying to get to the center of the Universe. There is a certain sheep that can maybe tell us how to stop the other Limbo Gods.
No matter what happens,

>TAKE THAT MORS UNIT.

We are GETTING Dad back!!!
Lady, Persie, Can I call you Persie, probably not. Persie, can you just give us enough time to, you know, make sure everything's in order at least, that's all I ask Pers.

First things First

>Slate: Secure the loot. Especially the hatHead.

>Slate: Kidnap the Mors unit.

>Latta should convince Gecko to use that military fleet that probably doesn't know he's not the president anymore to save the city.

After that, we should probably make a rapid egress.
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
Before we can go any further, there's one very important bit of information we need to know: Is the on-planet only immortality that the people here have the kind where leaving the planet causes instant death? It could be the kind where they instantly "catch up" to whatever age they're supposed to be, turning them to dust. Or the loss of their immortality could cause them to succumb to any starvation or other recent/pressing injuries they were previously protected from.

If it's that kind of deal then we can just ditch this planet as attempting to save anyone would be pointless.
“A longer lifespan is a blessing. True immortality is a punishment."
Helios

>Let them rest.
"1. AIs are just people who carry a manual. Treat them like people.
2. People with manuals get confused and scared when things occur that are not in the manual. Treat them like people when this happens.
3. Treat them like people."
Seconding kidnapping the Mors. It's loot that'll carry itself.

What's your escape plan? You're not planning to die here, are you?

SpoilerShow
> Are we gonna pretend we didn't just witness a dude tearing a hole in the fabric of spacetime?

> This seems like a great time to talk it out with everyone and get their thoughts on the situation.
Guys, I doubt Hasty can be recovered, I doubt that we can get the Mors unit we antagonized on a base level to join us, and even if we just wanted to sell her, I doubt that Persephone will let her go quietly if she doesn't want to. Also, that's just wrong.

> Drop the "kidnap Mors unit" idea.

> Athena, I have no idea what we have to do at this point. I suggest we cut our losses and just leave while we can, but if both you and Helios are convinced otherwise, then you can try; but I reserve the right to pull the plug if it A; seems safe to do so, and B; seems too dangerous to continue.
I vote that we get Helios and Athena's opinion on the situation, and let them proceed as they wish. Otherwise
>Slate: Tap Latta's shoulder; shake your head and just point to the exit

As Helios said, True Immortality is a punishment. We should let them rest.
(11-11-2016, 04:53 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Guys, I doubt Hasty can be recovered, I doubt that we can get the Mors unit we antagonized on a base level to join us, and even if we just wanted to sell her, I doubt that Persephone will let her go quietly if she doesn't want to. Also, that's just wrong.

If we take her to our ship, we can dissasemble her and later sell her core to someone, or give her core to Hades later so we can use it next game. Either way she'd get a new body and keep on living at some point. Whereas if we leave her here, she will probably die when the planet is destroyed.

I think kidnapping has the better outcome for the Mors unit.

Edit: And Persephone likely would've watched us kill her Somnus unit. I don't think she particularily cares for these servants.

Double Edit: I'll second the notion of saving this city using Geko's status with the Didaskaloi.

There's no big benefit for us either way, but saving the city would be doing something good.

In the case of trying to save the city, we could benefit if Rivet takes issue with our plans. In that case we could kill her(it'd be for the good of the many and she doesn't have a gun), take her stuff and possibly feed her corpse to the pterodactyl.

In the case of us not trying to save the city we could, if we were particularily unscrupulous, take one (un)lucky tockhou or some other low int species with us on the ship to serve as a body for Cleo if hers turns out to be unsalvageable.
>Let them rest. Thank you for giving them this one last party, dear Lady.