THE PIT (Fortuna Discussion Topic)

THE PIT (Fortuna Discussion Topic)
RE: THE PIT (Fortuna Discussion Topic)
We'd know: All Fortuna items we receive (via our crew getting them from the chest) are mentioned to us after winning, around the time the achievements are mentioned.
(10-10-2016, 06:26 PM)DS Piron Wrote: »We'd know: All Fortuna items we receive (via our crew getting them from the chest) are mentioned to us after winning, around the time the achievements are mentioned.

Ah, whoops, you're right.
when you see a stylized, black-and-white fortuna panel in the new update

[Image: krabs.jpg]
You know, I wonder how Thanatos and Mercury would act if they're in charge of saving. I bet Mercury might get pretty mean and do stuff like autosave just as bad things happen, and less often so you have to backtrack futher if the game crashes or you load. And then Thanatos probably isn't shy of deletion like Mors is. He might just overwrite your main game if you start a tutorial or perhaps delete the data of dead crewmembers so they can't be revived.

Edit: I bet there's certain kinds of mods that alter mechanics by changing the god powers of certain AI's. Like putting Poseidon in charge of the stars or giving control of the morale stat to Chronus.
(10-25-2016, 10:46 PM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »(Note I'll be updating soonish/in a day or two, as well as bringing some really cool updates! One of those things starts with Open, ends with Apps, and has a mid ground of Species! What could it be?)

Huh. Anyone else worried that this was almost a week ago, or do pauses like this happen often?

(Also, how do CFFs/Achilles' Sins mechanically work, again? Do you slap a positive and negative trait on them, buff their stats, plus "infinite" endurance, and that's it? Or is it more nuanced than that?)
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
Can confirm I was kidnapped.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
https://mspfanventures.com/?s=3646&p=5029
Quote:They are going to save scum until they get a character with [All for one] the most over powered and rarest trait in the game. If it was easier to get an [All for one] character finding a way to kill the sun god would be a snap.

You know something I've been thinking about is that in the Hermes dream, it was specifically mentioned how a character with [All for One] may be one of the key elements for defeating the Sun God. I read this and of course I was like, aw Big BOssB had that, but we're done with that crew now so oh well.

But, I then realized that we can get him back. Our old crew is still out there in the universe even after we're done with them and we can even recruit them again, as shown on this planet. It's also likely that BOssB is still alive; whatever creature he is he was able to pose as a Generic who are creatures with unlimited lifespans. Therefore, I think it's worth making an effort to look for BOssB and find out where he is now for our inevitable match with the Sun God.

The fact that we are meeting almost our entire previous crew on this planet seems to be another indication that they could be relevant, especially noting the fact that so far we have been shown the whereabouts of all our alive Crew 1 members, EXPECT BOssB. His mysterious whereabouts point to them being a thing we have to work to find out about, highlighting its importance.

Helios has even TOLD US that BOssB was the best character on the crew, one of his favorites, and one of the main reasons we won. I think I don't have to stress how much of a good idea it is to listen to Helios at this point. And he has a point; remember how fast we defeated Mary-Jane with [All for One], and how much damage we did to the False Poet too?

Honestly I really wish I'd thought of this sooner because we could have asked Nova or Cobalt about it but now it's too late
Hmm. We do have access to a tracking device via our fortuna items. Perhaps we could get it to a friendly AI, and have them use it to track down BOssB.

Edit: Never mind it can't really track someone if you don't scan them first.
So, you know how Poseidon thinks that Neptune is a no-good pirate, and Neptune thinks the same about Poseidon? And you know how Poseidon is actually a tiny robot fish in the suit of a robot man, and Neptune, though right now only the twituna version of him, is a robot fish that is likely piloted by a tiny robot man?

I have a prediction of how things will turn out to be between them:
SpoilerShow
Has anyone made a Fortuna Discord?
Yes
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
How is O o O o dead forever : ?
It's a joke.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
I never realized how niche Fortuna really is, until I looked up all the characters on google and found literally nothing. I think Fortuna needs some exposure. All that non-searchable text means zero rank in google search!
Can confirm Wheat was hiding in insultron, who we made canon, thus making wheat canon. Oooo went to go buy something from insultron's store and Wheat bursted out and mauled him.

The whole thing wasn't plot important or anything but it was neat.
(12-06-2016, 05:18 PM)eerr Wrote: »I never realized how niche Fortuna really is, until I looked up all the characters on google and found literally nothing. I think Fortuna needs some exposure. All that non-searchable text means zero rank in google search!

I think after some really dedicated googling I found one image of Apollov3 dancing with Artemis
[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]

I believe we've seen Glitchy's player AI as well.
So, it's been aknowledged in the narrative that we're aparantly not supposed to be peeping in people's flashbacks. Maybe it's a glitch because of the sun god thing, or perhaps we've somehow already hit max friendship with Helios and this is the hidden power in his patron description. (I've previously assumed that this power murders the living hell out of everything but this could be it too.)

Or maybe it's some kind of deal where if you stare into the patron, the player stares back at you.
Hey... I was formerly DJPantheris. I'm the guy that submitted the Zuid'Tian idea when this adventure first started. I actually had a recent look at them and oh my god was I surprised at what Gime did with them! They've come so far, and I'm delighted with how they turned out, they look amazing and their species description is sweet!

I've come by to say hi again and kinda let everyone know that I want to get involved again.
(12-28-2016, 01:02 PM)Fellow Wrote: »I believe we've seen Glitchy's player AI as well.

Would there be any significance to a player-AI piloting a ship?
(02-07-2017, 01:21 AM)PanBan Wrote: »I've come by to say hi again and kinda let everyone know that I want to get involved again.
If ya really wanna get involved, the discord chat is the best place to start ;)
Where is the discord chat?
It's on the first post in the main thread, here: https://discord.gg/tyjEs8y
[Image: 0T9kaDK.png]

(02-06-2017, 04:41 PM)Fellow Wrote: »So, it's been aknowledged in the narrative that we're aparantly not supposed to be peeping in people's flashbacks. Maybe it's a glitch because of the sun god thing, or perhaps we've somehow already hit max friendship with Helios and this is the hidden power in his patron description. (I've previously assumed that this power murders the living hell out of everything but this could be it too.)

Or maybe it's some kind of deal where if you stare into the patron, the player stares back at you.

If I recall we first saw visions of what the AIs were up to when watching some dreams. Maybe it's a glitch?
Who could kill thousands of people by accident?

-Eris
-Zeus
-Thanatos
-Prometheus(if stealing fire counts as an accident)
-Cronus(if the babies accidently slipped into his mouth)