[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/18 One of Three Horses
> Marble: This will probably be the last time you see him for a very long time. Better make sure you leave on good terms.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(10-18-2016, 08:18 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Marble: This will probably be the last time you see him for a very long time. Better make sure you leave on good terms.

> Seconded. She is going to Fortuna, after all.

> Cea: [luck check] Happen upon an odd, dull, old clock with the words 'Life Changing Clock' [/ICantEvenGuessTheOddsOfHerLosingItNow-
-AfterSomehowManagingToSuccesfullyNotLoseItForCenturies]
Marble: Have your [Narcolepsy] kick in, forcing Nova to carry you out.
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
(10-18-2016, 08:38 PM)DS Piron Wrote: »[/ICantEvenGuessTheOddsOfHerLosingItNowAfterSomehowManagingToSuccesfullyNotLoseItForCenturies]
I thought the clock got consumed when Geko bit it, it certainly wasn't in Cobalt's inventory when it broke. Edit: Never mind, just saw that it turned into a regular old clock.

(10-18-2016, 09:30 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Marble: Have your [Narcolepsy] kick in, forcing Nova to carry you out.
Nova is unaware of the ship's impeding explosion. And Nova would die if he got that close to Marble.
I still feel like we can save him. I think the trick is; rather than try to get him to move *away* from something, we should be trying to get him to move *towards* something. Preferably not something positioned in close proximity to the thing we're trying to get him away from.

Actually, it would be rational to assume that a self-destruct system would at least give some warning and a reasonable ammount of time to escape, so if that's not enough to get Nova out of there, then he was probably ready to die regardless of wether we were gonna blow up his ship or not.
Why are we trying to have Marble kill Nova? Even assuming his armor is some sort of god armor that has been passed down the Rayson family for generations I don't think Marble would want to put on the armor she MURDERED (although technically it'd be manslaughter) her GRANDFATHER in. Plus I can imagine she'd take a hefty hit to her morale as well.
(10-18-2016, 11:25 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Why are we trying to have Marble kill Nova? Even assuming his armor is some sort of god armor that has been past down the Rayson family for generations I don't think Marble would want to put on the armor she MURDERED (although technically it'd be manslaughter) her GRANDFATHER in. Plus I can imagine she'd take a hefty hit to her morale as well.

Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear. Fellow made a good point, and I retracted my suggestion. My assesment in the post I made after that still stands, though.
(10-17-2016, 09:43 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> One-Punch: Practice taking the quickest path between the self-destruct and the exit.

[Image: ksQnMzO.gif]

[Image: 4m3h74p.gif]

[Image: ZWyeub7.gif]

[Image: Hw73fw7.gif]

[Image: g1OcY3x.gif]

[Image: vYpI4ZQ.gif]

[Image: 6AXUKZw.gif]
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/18 Zero out of Three Horses
:')
Welp our morale is fucked.
(10-17-2016, 03:48 AM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »[Image: TXeTwG7.gif]

You decide to save just before making this choice, just in case.

[Image: tumblr_inline_mjo3xzBd6p1qz4rgp.jpg]
we have to go back
(10-19-2016, 02:19 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Two days isn't enough to get attached to a fancy AIBO. Let's just buy a new robot next chance we get

we'll tell anyone who asks that this one died of sudden infant death syndrome. which isn't really a lie if you think about it, their death was sudden and they were an infant

I imagine given the intelligence of bots in this world they may be viewed like children by their creators.

> Hey guys, what'd happen if we reloaded to save OP?
(10-19-2016, 02:24 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Hey guys, what'd happen if we reloaded to save OP?

>Yes, Patrons, we've made many terrible mistakes recently. Please tell us the consequences of reloading a save before that becomes another terrible mistake.

EDIT: We know that if done carelessly it could corrupt gods, and it can't be good for our reputation with Mors or Hermes. We are also aware that this is a game that wants the player to accept death, so we suspect there may be other punishment for trying to reload.
>Helios, Athena, we probably sound terrible for asking, but are there consequences for save scumming? Aside from the obvious ones that could ruin the game, ones we might not realize.

>Either way, let's not save scum, characters die, we move on, that's how it goes.
This is why I approved of the Nicko plan. He's not a crew-member, and he could just pop out a safe distance away in an instant.

Anyways, I'm sure O o o o will turn up soon, and we can use him to find a safe route if we run into any Giraffs.

Honestly, I'm not that sad that Nova is dead. He had a long and (hopefully) fulfilling life, at least for a while. We found him in a pretty sorry position, and I don't think he had much more to look forward to. From what I can tell, it was a choice between leaving him to suffer in his own mistakes as company for a long time while the clockwork virus goes unchecked, and ending everything here and now. Besides, we technically didn't get a demise message from him. What I *am* concerned about is that he didn't seem all that mad about the ship being blown up in of itself. Surprised, yes. Outraged, not really? Could Cobalt have been completely wrong with her assumption? (I mean, nobody *tried* telling him, so...) I'll only condone the consideration of save-scumming if we encounter even more dire consequences in the future because of this.

(Where *did* Cobalt go, anyway?)

> Cea: Try not to look back, and make sure no one else is, either. One Punch will catch up or he won't; no use fretting about it unless the latter is confirmed.

And can we refrain from making doublewidth posts in the future? Mobil Chrome was bugging out and kept booting me to the bottom of the page. (Sorry if I'm sounding rude, but reading that heart wrenching update became... difficult because of it.)
(10-19-2016, 04:17 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »This is why I approved of the Nicko plan. He's not a crew-member, and he could just pop out a safe distance away in an instant.

Cea already mentioned that because they decided to not land near the party no one would be willing to take the risk. They're already very disgruntled they have to risk life and limb getting through the giraffes. We may have doomed some of them to death just so we can get to our ship more safely. As such none of them are willing to risk even more to blow up a ship when they likely do not care about what might happen to a planet that already has a doomsday timer on it.

The only valid choices we had were anyone on our crew, One-Punch, and Bob.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
I don't see why we couldn't have chosen Bob for this task :^)
listen, I'm normaly just a lurker on this thread, but today I SPEAK UP

>Load save
>LOAD SAVE
>LOAD SAVE

also if we you guys do load the save, tell nova you're gonna blow up the ship, maybe get him to enter the code if he's so danged sure he wants to stay.
> Don't save, definitely don't load.
One-Punch dying isn't enough to risk whatever penalty is waiting for save scummers (which there likely will be, as save scumming goes against Fortuna's themes, and it'd draw this comic out even longer than it is already.

I am seconding asking our patrons about it to confirm how bad it is and thus figure out how bad it has to get before we do the quit without save.

(10-19-2016, 02:51 PM)Dediles Wrote: »also if we you guys do load the save, tell nova you're gonna blow up the ship, maybe get him to enter the code if he's so danged sure he wants to stay.
If Nova were even to accept that, it would likely be because he borrowed a page from his wife's book and lied. At which point the ship won't blow up, and the cup remains safe and untouched.

More likely, he'd kill whoever suggested it, and hope they didn't suggest such an idea to anyone else. Then he could stay in the room, and the cup remains safe, just as he was supposed to do.

I'm just guessing, but it seems pretty clear, Nova will never permit blowing the ship.
Come on people, reloading now? Where's your sense of sportsmanship? We've only had one crewmember die and that one was a build-a-bear. We can keep on trucking.

Also savescumming is not very nice to the AIs. It'll probably make most of our AI buddies mad. Let's not.

I actually just finished making a (kinda dramatized) comic about savescumming today.
SpoilerShow
One-Punch Meloncholy
Next time we send a character on a dangerous mission, it would be wise to know their stats beforehand.

Well, nevermind the fact that we basically murdered a galactic superstar and Cobalt probably hates our guts now, there's also a (rather unhappy, I would imagine) dragon on the loose. Any chance the #1 Dad Mug survived with O o o o?

Reloading now would open the door to savescumming. And believe me, once you go down that road, there's no going back.
I would just like to note that if we reload we can have Marble talk to Nova about blowing up the ship. He couldn't attack her if he wanted to, as we saw when she talked to him before:

[Image: EsSon2N.gif]

Getting too close to her could kill him. So we just have her talk to him while blocking the doorway, and he won't be able to hurt anyone no matter how mad he gets. Worst case scenario Marble gets tackled by a suit of armor that will be dead and empty by the time it reaches her. We can also not fuck up with Cobalt by saying we'll have Marble talk to Nova instead of just telling her we're gonna leave Nova for dead.

Of course, that's all if we reload.
That and the fact that we could always have Cea and One Punch race to see who is faster, but really going back in my view is more important for Noverus and loot
I also think we should tell the other survivors to head with us to ensure some of them survive, bc we have medical supplies and food, and the other ships probably do too
Oh yes, we should definitely at least tell them how we got through the giraffes before with O o o o. I was going to mention that. Though, some might react badly to the advice of "ignore them" and think we're trying to kill them...
(10-20-2016, 01:31 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »Oh yes, we should definitely at least tell them how we got through the giraffes before with O o o o. I was going to mention that. Though, some might react badly to the advice of "ignore them" and think we're trying to kill them...

They might believe us if we said that we got it from O o o o. ("Yeah, that sounds like something he'd come up with." "He, O o o o, has never been exactly wrong before about these, survival related, sorts of things, so I, Nicko, will do as he, Cea, suggested.") Besides, the alternative would be *not* telling them the correct answer as to how to avoid the nightmarish Giraffes.