[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/14 Everyone is dying the musical
How long until Latta/Athena arrives? Depending on when we could have her grab the ship to pick us up.

> Hey Athena where are you planning to have Latta drop off? Also out of curiosity why exactly don't you like Nikki? I mean his strategic value is undeniable.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(10-14-2016, 02:55 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »How long until Latta/Athena arrives? Depending on when we could have her grab the ship to pick us up.

> Hey Athena where are you planning to have Latta drop off? Also out of curiosity why exactly don't you like Nikki? I mean his strategic value is undeniable.

Dali has likely put something up to protect the ship. Latta does have a pterodactyl with her but this may be an obstacle that a pterodactyl cannot solve.

Going to the ship first also means we can get Cleo a doctor, lose some of the stuff in our inventories(exchange them for weapons and room for loot), and maybe pick up Slate. Plus, finding our ship first would mean we'd have more people on the ship(Athena suggested sending only the more agile crewmembers to the party), meaning we'd put less eggs in the basket of getting out of the party safely.

>Look for the ship.
Wait, Cleo's body is an animal though. Wouldn't that mean she requires a vet then?
(10-14-2016, 05:22 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Wait, Cleo's body is an animal though. Wouldn't that mean she requires a vet then?
Well, all meaty races are pretty much animals being controlled by a sapient brain.

Edit: Hey, how about we have Marble try a luck roll* to get Oooo along to the ship? Like, Marble: Offer Oooo some quality trash if he accompanies you to the Mercury. It'd allow us to deal with giraffes if they're guarding it.

*Cause I bet this guy doesn't listen to stat checks very well.
Latta is following the ship as to not get lost on her much slower Terror. As such she will go where you go! She will arrive wherever you land an hour or so after.

As such the vote is currently 1 to the party and 1 to the ship.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
> Shippity doo-dah, Shippity day...
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
> Party. Nikki, Cleo, and One Punch will go to the ship with Spips on her Terrordactyl when we meet up with her and Latta.

Nikki will work on the ship while the rest of the Crew is away at the party to meet with The Lady and...
Wait, Cleo was invited to the party. Gah. That'll make things a bit complicated.
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/13 This is the update where Hasty Dies
(10-13-2016, 12:35 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Edit: Looking at the title I guess that bang wasn't harmless.
If the chassis is totally infected, I imagine banging the AI core against it would be quite the bad thing to do.
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/13 This is the update where Hasty Dies
(10-14-2016, 09:42 PM)Spish Wrote: »If the chassis is totally infected, I imagine banging the AI core against it would be quite the bad thing to do.

Im sure just a quick bang cant get the core infected. Besides, the chassis hasnt shown any signs of being totally infected yet. Theres still some hope!
(10-14-2016, 01:51 PM)DS Piron Wrote: »I forget, can 'Fake' Heros kill first generation AIs permanently?
If true, and Cobalt is one. then Mors has a person that can kill his fellow 1st gens as a friend. (However, that would require Morse being able to predict that Cobalt would become Fake Hero (,assuming she is one). He might've also expected Cobalt to use her new Life-Changing Clock sooner, like when she bought the four-leaf clover from Geko. (but that seems flimsy as well. She never used it on herself ever.)

It's been established that Cobalt is not a Hero, fake or otherwise; just a clockwork that happens to be immortal, nothing more. Also, when did she get a "new" Clock?

Dang, there goes my "divide and conquer" plan. If we did choose the ship, we would basically screwing over everyone that's not us; so that would be the plan Athena would go with, if she had the choice, and she would likely choose to have us bail out from the planet right there. If we don't want to screw over the others, and we want to actually know just what's going on here, we go to the party, which is what I'm voting for. Besides, there's no guarantee that we'd find the ship on our own, and it's always possible that said ship would be *at* the party. Better to get info there than search aimlessly out here.

[Just how extreme is Cobalt's immortality? Is she only as not-mortal as other clockworks, or are we talking "jumping into the sun; ain't no thing" levels here?]
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
Quote:> Majority: Ship

[Image: eE0uBcN.gif]

[Image: n1keWUc.gif]
Fortuna rolls a 20 sided dice. An 18 is rolled.

[Image: ZSFbPLc.gif]

[Image: n1keWUc.gif]
Fortuna rolls a 20 sided dice. A 4 is rolled.

[Image: ggNg7JY.gif]

[Image: JR2UTrA.gif]
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
(10-15-2016, 12:39 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »SNIP

What makes you think picking the ship means we can't go to the party? Sure we'd have to plead our case to Athena to stay but I'm sure it's doable. Plus we'd have the insurance of having an invincible shelter (That may actually be faster than our current ride) that we could load people into should we be unable to stop the coming destruction, for a price of course.

EDIT: Ninja'd by the update.

> Cea: Go get the hot granddad to rescue his granddaughter.

Nova should (in theory) be immune to fire.

> Marble: Make an impromptu torch to fend off the Clockworks.
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/14 Jokes aside, no one died this update
>Marble: empty inventory of non-flammable items
>marble: put andrus in inventory
>marble endurance check: just leave the room

Alternate plan
>marble strength check: pick up OOOO and bowl him into the fire
>marble: say "remember kids, stop drop and bowl"

EDIT:
>Marble: ask nicely for oooo to stop drop and roll over the fires until they are smothered, since he is invincible and does not mind warmth
>marble: this is especially helpful as the two of you are not as able to embrace the mindset of invincibility, and it would be a great demonstration
> Marble's strong, try tossing the other two over the wall of flames! Then she can just barrel through the fire like she mentioned before.
>Marble: Wrap Andrus in a thick blanket for protection and carry him through the flames.
Being [Protective], Marble may actually get bonus endurance and be better at surviving the flames if she's trying to save someone.
(10-15-2016, 01:07 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(10-15-2016, 12:39 AM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »SNIP

What the snip?

(10-15-2016, 01:07 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »What makes you think picking the ship means we can't go to the party? Sure we'd have to plead our case to Athena to stay but I'm sure it's doable. Plus we'd have the insurance of having an invincible shelter (That may actually be faster than our current ride) that we could load people into should we be unable to stop the coming destruction, for a price of course.

Here's my idea: Find the ship, give Athena a little bit of time to catch up, then redirect course to Mt. Party. Hopefully, she'll get the idea, and we'll have someone to pick us up with the ship if and when things go sour with Dali and *cough cough* "The Lady". (She's proven herself to be quick on the uptake.)

(10-15-2016, 01:07 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Cea: Go get the hot granddad to rescue his granddaughter.

Nova should (in theory) be immune to fire.

> Marble: Make an impromptu torch to fend off the Clockworks.

Seconding this.
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
(10-15-2016, 01:42 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »>Marble: empty inventory of non-flammable items
>marble: put andrus in inventory
>marble endurance check: just leave the room

Before we submit a command like this, we need to determine what is in Marble's inventory to ensure that we don't lose anything important.

Marble started with an inventory of rusted skeleton (10), tablet (1), and translator (1). Later we traded the skeleton and tablet for 7 scrap, 5 wires, and a schadenfreude box. Later, Cea gives Marble all his items; a large magnet (2) and 10 glowsticks (1).

Before even calculating Marble's current inventory weight, we can see that she is currently carrying our translator, as well as all of the goods we got from our transactions with Pablo. Our translator is incredibly important, and if she were to get rid of our purchases, then all of our shopping with Pablo will have gone to waste. Why would you suggest she drop these things?

However, this is not a bad plan in theory, and perhaps we can continue with it without burning our important items. We don't know how heavy Andrus is, but luckily, the bulk of Marble's inventory was the skeleton which we ended up trading for fairly light things, so she should have a fair amount of space already.

Fairly unimportant things we can drop are Cea's things (although Cea might not be too happy), earning us 3 extra slots. This leaves us with translator (1), 7 scrap metal, 5 wires, and the schadenfreude box. We were not told the weights of these things, but we can calculate some of them.

As shown on our crew sheet, 10 wires weigh (1) while 5 scrap metal weighs (3). Wires are easy to calculate; if 10 weigh (1) then 5 also weigh (1), as they must weigh something. Assuming weights are rounded up though, scrap metal is a little trickier. If 5 scrap metals weigh (3), then scrap metal can weigh any amount from 0.4 to 0.6 (not including 0.4). For simplicity though, we can assume 1 metal weighs 0.5. Since we have 7 metal, that would be 3.5, rounded up would weigh (4).

The schadenfreude box we have no idea, but it was sold along with small music boxes so we can assume it weighs (1). This leaves (1),(1),(4),(1), meaning Marble's current inventory would be 7/12 after ditching Cea's things, if she even still has them.

Would Andrus then be able to fit in her inventory? We don't know Andrus's weight. However, we may be able to estimate this as well. The rusted skeleton can be our comparison, as it is about the size and weight of a person. It weighed 10 loads. This is likely around how much Andrus weighs.

This means that it looks like we won't be able to carry Andrus and our items in Marble's inventory at the same time. There is a chance of success with this plan, but we would need to leave behind many important items in a fire to burn. Even so, we also haven't considered if Andrus's inventory would add any extra weight that may but us above the 12 loads Marble is able to carry, meaning there might not even be a good chance of this succeeding.

Therefore, I say we do not do it. I'm going to second Fellow's plan of simply having Marble carry Andrus in her hands.
Please note that scrap metal is scrap metal. If we put it in a corner it should be fine. Especially if we start putting out the fires or controlling it when we get to safety.

The important thing is getting everyone to safety.
If we get deep into it, we can ask Andrus to also drop the non-flammable items he has

I am actually putting my vote on bowling for OOOO
>Inventorialize your inventory.
(10-15-2016, 04:01 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »Please note that scrap metal is scrap metal. If we put it in a corner it should be fine. Especially if we start putting out the fires or controlling it when we get to safety.

The important thing is getting everyone to safety.
If we get deep into it, we can ask Andrus to also drop the non-flammable items he has

I am actually putting my vote on bowling for OOOO

There's clockworks in the room though, so it'll probably get eaten.
(10-15-2016, 05:44 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »There's clockworks in the room though, so it'll probably get eaten.

I thought the clockworks were in room 4 and the people in room 6 are merely enroached by flames?
(10-15-2016, 06:20 PM)Wheat Wrote: »the thing obstructing the room can't be that heavy, unless the clockwork guy that threw it was superpowered because the clockwork virus also makes you buff

I guess there is flammable stuff around the door, and that's burning as well? I imagine that Kelda, in her infinite wisdom, might've decided to decorate her ship full of pyromancers and living coffee stain machines with very flammeable carpets.

Edit: Speaking of stuff that might make Oooo resent us, we could also steal his clock, hit Andrus with it and hope the Husse turns into something that can survive fire.

We can have him and Shetlock exchange clothes later to disguise Shetlock as Andrus for his ticket. No-one is gonna know the difference because of Shetlock's purple trait.
>Marble: Clutch Andrus against your chest, shield him with your shield and burst through the fires like Captain America!
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
(10-15-2016, 02:05 AM)Fellow Wrote: »>Marble: Wrap Andrus in a thick blanket for protection and carry him through the flames.
Being [Protective], Marble may actually get bonus endurance and be better at surviving the flames if she's trying to save someone.

[Image: EuSjYtv.gif]

[Image: cybgcby.gif]

[Image: zQrGYM3.gif]

[Image: 3l0qUxx.gif]

[Image: p6PSmts.gif]

[Image: sLL2Lsy.gif]

[Image: H8phoGw.gif]

[Image: 08PtXmh.gif]

[Image: tHqHyaO.gif]

[Image: A2Njr3s.gif]

[Image: gAOdHhL.gif]

[Image: Slr0TGN.gif]

[Image: 3KYgDyp.gif]

(10-15-2016, 02:46 AM)Wheat Wrote: »We should probably not land the clockworm infested ship anywhere near the party where lots of people might be, or our own ship. We should probably also burn it and blow it up w/ self destruct once we land

[Image: Erj43RY.gif]

[Image: 5z9pGOe.gif]

[Image: 06J1ter.gif]

[Image: jEMfQM6.gif]

[Image: PKLMDMl.gif]

[Image: pesTb9W.gif]

[Image: ZuDiovd.gif]

[Image: 6Ce3ZoT.gif]
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/16 The command to use the Giant Shield came too late
I hope Marble's alright - she DID pass her Endurance and Strength check.

Ugh, Nova being stubborn as a mule, like always.

> Cea: What other choice do we have?

Maybe if Cea goes and asks Marble to ask Nova he'd be more convinced.