[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/9 Kerpow! It's an update!
I am afeared.
(10-10-2016, 06:35 AM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »I say we move Hasty to Room 3 and have Citrine and One-Punch go to Room 6. That way Hasty is alone and can be locked down if necessary.

Seconding this- sounds a lot better than my previous idea of, er, killing him instantly. However, I still do not think anyone should go near him when cleaning off the blood, so Hasty should do that himself.
(10-10-2016, 06:35 AM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »I say we move Hasty to Room 3 and have Citrine and One-Punch go to Room 6. That way Hasty is alone and can be locked down if necessary.
But if Hasty is locked up and anything goes wrong that we'd need the doors open for, we'd have two problems to deal with. And that's if hasty as a clockwork would not be smart enough to press the door open button in room 3, and if Sonny would be fast enough to warn us to lock the doors before Hasty, who is a hermes unit, got out.

If we're gonna take any kind of hope and pray type of measures such as trying to rinse off clockwork blood, I suggest we make hasty shut down in Nova's room. That way if he turns, we'd immediately know because he moves, and there will be someone there to incernate him.
(10-10-2016, 02:13 PM)Fellow Wrote: »If we're gonna take any kind of hope and pray type of measures such as trying to rinse off clockwork blood, I suggest we make hasty shut down in Nova's room. That way if he turns, we'd immediately know because he moves, and there will be someone there to incernate him.

But remember that the CUP OF DOOM is in that room. If he does turn, and things get rough and rowdy in there; can you say "Fortuna roll versus DEAD"?

I do agree with the "shutdown" plan, though. Just... not in *that* room, okay?
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
For the record, I'm not suggesting Nikki clean Hasty, it's just that the most likely spot for there to be a sink for Hasty to use would be there. And if Nikki doesn't go attempt to make an antidote with a less aggressive strain of the virus, then He'll be there for Cea to ask to remove the core should it fail.

Cooking the pays with the stove might work. Denied on how fast the stove is.

Nova fought Ooooo in the cup room and the ship is still here. I think Nova probably has practiced/experience handling threats in there.
But, the above agreement won't work when Nova echos DetectiveCaillou's sentiment...
(10-10-2016, 04:08 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »But remember that the CUP OF DOOM is in that room. If he does turn, and things get rough and rowdy in there; can you say "Fortuna roll versus DEAD"?

I do agree with the "shutdown" plan, though. Just... not in *that* room, okay?

Well, who else could watch Hasty if not Nova? Marble could fall asleep, so she's out, if Cobalt were to watch him he'd have to stay in the control room, and an infected control room would be very bad. This leaves Citrine, One Punch and possibly Nicko as the remaining crew with combat ability.

Now, if Citrine or One Punch fails we'll have a second clockwork, one that comes with a gun or two, on our hands. Even in the case of success One Punch will likely get a bad trait from being told "kill this person if he moves".

And Nicko, well, let's just say that getting the infection on a space ripper that might be a god would be bad.
(10-10-2016, 05:47 PM)Fellow Wrote: »Well, who else could watch Hasty if not Nova? Marble could fall asleep, so she's out, if Cobalt were to watch him he'd have to stay in the control room, and an infected control room would be very bad. This leaves Citrine, One Punch and possibly Nicko as the remaining crew with combat ability.

I never said we couldn't have Nova guarding him. Just not in the Cup Room, please. Have Citrine and/or One Punch guard the cup (okay, maybe just Citrine, and One Punch can go elsewhere where curiousity won't kill the party) while Hasty and Nova get bunkered down in room 3 (which also has a broken vent, IIRC).
(10-10-2016, 06:42 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »I never said we couldn't have Nova guarding him. Just not in the Cup Room, please. Have Citrine and/or One Punch guard the cup (okay, maybe just Citrine, and One Punch can go elsewhere where curiousity won't kill the party) while Hasty and Nova get bunkered down in room 3 (which also has a broken vent, IIRC).
Nova will not want to leave the cup room, though.
Could we still use Nikki to force Nova out? He'll be more useful if he's free roaming.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(10-10-2016, 07:59 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Could we still use Nikki to force Nova out? He'll be more useful if he's free roaming.

Which brings us back to the "Schrodinger's Nikki" problem I inadvertently created by commanding him without getting a definitive "yay" or "nay" from Gime.

I'm thinking that in the end, what we do would depend on whether my commands did go through, and if they did, where Nikki was in that process when the doors locked (before Cobalt/with Cobalt/after Cobalt).

> Be Nikki.

(That is, assuming that we have more than, like, ten seconds to react to this "infected" situation.)
MEANWHILE

In an alternate universe where Apollo units and Hermes units are switched...

SpoilerShow
[Image: jI4lfXw.png]

(10-09-2016, 05:04 PM)juddy555 Wrote: »>Cea: Recognize that Hasty is infected, tell others.

[Image: BcAjU2t.gif]

[No! Helios! I really like Hasty... Is there anything we can do? We don't have to kill him right away, right?]

[Image: bou7seU.gif]

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. With a bit of luck maybe we can pull this off.

[Image: ORfsO0U.gif]

[Helios, how quick is the infection spread once contact with blood is made? If someone hurries, maybe it could be washed off? Maybe we have time to make a vaccine so he can be like Cobalt

...This seems highly unlikely with such an aggressive infection, in which case; the better idea would be to eject the AI Core before the infection reaches it, if so: How much time do we have until the infection reaches it? Where are AI Cores usually located in Hermes units?]

Infection spread depends on the strain. Some are more aggressive then others. I do fear this may be one of them. We may still have time though. I would give up the idea of a vaccine though, if a vaccine was an option then there would have been one ages ago. The clockwork infection mutates too quickly for such things. Even in "safe clockworks" there have been more then a few cases of the infection mutating while it the host, and thus turning in to a very deadly strain.

[Image: chV1oYZ.gif]

I agree, if you want to attempt saving him, ripping his core out from his head would be your best bet, but you must be careful, one wrong move and you could corrupt the whole thing or damage the core.

The vaccine wouldn't work for other reasons, clockwork infections are fully willing to cannibalize each other. A safe clockwork can fight off other infections only slightly, maybe enough to fight off low density airborne versions, but anything more than that and they might as well be any old person.

[Image: XUg2Y2H.gif]

[Image: KteaJHr.gif]

[Image: OHd7OdC.gif]

[Image: j4PsypY.gif]

[Image: kU72KrG.gif]

[Image: Yb70GsA.gif]

[Image: jkXJj3B.gif]

[Image: goYiVgD.gif]

[Image: qVzWn00.gif]

[Image: 1wqruqC.gif]

[Image: qmEleDO.gif]

(10-09-2016, 05:51 PM)DS Piron Wrote: »> Cea: Hasty. Kitchen. Now. (Go with so you can tell Nikki what you want to do.)
(10-09-2016, 09:28 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »> Take Hasty's AI core out. NOW.
(10-09-2016, 05:04 PM)juddy555 Wrote: »>Someone with a smidgeon of mechanical knowledge: Have the idea of removing Hasty's core so that they can live in a new body

[Image: teiqAoi.gif]

(10-09-2016, 10:50 AM)tronn Wrote: »> Get Nikki to scrub him clean, he doesn't mind dirty things.

[Image: e9vs05n.gif]

[Image: ADqMhsU.gif]

[Image: yTOrdE8.gif]

[Image: cVWeCTN.gif]

[Image: EQ7JUpU.gif]

[Image: ak68yjQ.gif]

[Image: DrDNq3P.gif]

[Image: BUTLpQo.gif]

[Image: SYjbYsr.gif]

[Image: uTU7HVA.gif]

[Image: HFXl7T5.gif]

[Image: EkjLwNy.gif]

SpoilerShow
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/11 Peons
Did Blu just call Hasty his dad?

Nikki brings up a valid point, too: there are bound to be kuppa blood footprints back in the main room, where Blu & Co. are. We probably should take care of that too.

Also I'm not so sure Cea should be in close proximity to the infection area, especially since he has an open wound on his palm. But on the other hand, we don't have the luxury of switching disassemblers because we have to work fast to rid of the infection.

WH4T NOW???
Dang Nikki, you cruel.

So, we'd best get hasty's core out, sooner rather than later.

Intwise, we'd be no better off with Marble than with Cea. So unless Phlodur turns out to be an engineer I guess we'll have to make do with Cea. Edit: oh never mind about marble. Looks like she's still in her room.

I wonder if Sonny has engineering knowledge.

Edit:
It's a good thing Cea is a [Perfectionist]. This makes him less likely to make a mistake so he probably won't need much luck if he screws Hasty's head open.

How about >Cea: Ask Hasty for instructions on how to get his core out.
>Tell Hasty to stay put while you go asking Citrine and Phlodur if they know about AI repair. You shouldn't try to take out Hasty's AI core by yourself if you have no idea what you are doing.

I don't remember Nikki being this big of a jerk, now I'm convinced that this is not the same person we knew!
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
(10-11-2016, 07:33 AM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »Did Blu just call Hasty his dad?

I think it's because he's a higher generation of the same AI.
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
(10-11-2016, 10:10 AM)tronn Wrote: »>Tell Hasty to stay put while you go asking Citrine and Phlodur if they know about AI repair. You shouldn't try to take out Hasty's AI core by yourself if you have no idea what you are doing.
Perhaps he could instead ask Hasty if those two know about AIs? Being the captain, Hasty should know about his crew's skills, and if they're not versed in robot fixing it'd save us the walk there.
(10-11-2016, 10:10 AM)tronn Wrote: »I don't remember Nikki being this big of a jerk, now I'm convinced that this is not the same person we knew!
IIRC, wasn't Nikki always a jerk? A cute jerk that we played nice with up until the end, but a jerk nonetheless. The likely explanation is that this is a past version of him.
(10-11-2016, 10:23 AM)Fellow Wrote: »Being the captain, Hasty should know about his crew's skills, and if they're not versed in robot fixing it'd save us the walk there.
Wasn't Blu the captain?
(10-11-2016, 07:22 AM)Gimeurcookie Wrote: »
SpoilerShow
I was hoping that Nikki would get "awesome strain" samples from Cobalt for teh lulz.

[Speaking of varying strains; Helios, do you know what the heck is up with Cobalt becoming a clockwork by getting suckered into declaring herself to be "Cosmic Friends Forever" with a guy who turned out to be Mors?]
(10-11-2016, 01:04 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Wasn't Blu the captain?

Citrine in this panel seems to indicate that he isn't.
SpoilerShow
> Cea: You can deal with him later. Right now you need to handle Hasty. First tell him to shut down. That way if he turns unexpectedly you'll know it when he comes back on. Be ready to start a fire in case you can't successfully remove his core in time. Ask Sonny to help you in whatever way he can and get to work.
(10-11-2016, 02:47 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Cea: You can deal with him later. Right now you need to handle Hasty. First tell him to shut down. That way if he turns unexpectedly you'll know it when he comes back on. Be ready to start a fire in case you can't successfully remove his core in time. Ask Sonny to help you in whatever way he can and get to work.

Is good plan, seconded.
(10-11-2016, 03:17 PM)juddy555 Wrote: »Is good plan, seconded.

Is good sentiment. I second your seconding.

(10-11-2016, 02:47 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »> Cea: You can deal with him later. Right now you need to handle Hasty. First tell him to shut down. That way if he turns unexpectedly you'll know it when he comes back on. Be ready to start a fire in case you can't successfully remove his core in time. Ask Sonny to help you in whatever way he can and get to work.

Be ready to start the fire even if you succeed. The chassis will probably turn whether it has an AI or not, and even if it doesn't, it'll be useless in its contaminated state.
(10-11-2016, 07:00 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »Be ready to start the fire even if you succeed. The chassis will probably turn whether it has an AI or not, and even if it doesn't, it'll be useless in its contaminated state.

This issue can be solved by simply hacking of it's legs and possibly head once we're done (Although that may be hard with Cea's low strength). I can't imagine it'd be easy to get around without any legs.
(10-11-2016, 08:03 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »This issue can be solved by simply hacking of it's legs and possibly head once we're done (Although that may be hard with Cea's low strength). I can't imagine it'd be easy to get around without any legs.

The legs could wriggle around and attach to anything metal you can reach from the floor. We'd better burn hasty's body.
>cea int check
>cea: ask Sonny to help make clear which parts should not be touched