[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/5 Make Your Own Title Day is only 'Today', not 'Tomarrow'
> Have shetlock grab kindling and matches for this door, and tell Nikki to set a fire on his end. Cea, Citrene, and Marble should head to the cup room to convince Nova to help save blu, with Marble guarding the cup (and citrene (or whoever, she herself doesn't have to come along, but someone who) will take over should marble fall asleep. (...Probably shouldn't mention Marble's sleeping issues to Nova. It won't help the argument, and we will likely need every advantage in getting Nova out of there, so if he doesn't already know and doesn't ask...) Give Hasty a gun and send him in right now, and tell him to leave through the other door, you'll have water (or something), fresh dry wood, and matches to get him and Blu out and keep the clockworks in. (Alternatively, have them jump through, and extinguish them then.)

What do you guys think about the above?

[S]> No matter what you do, don't shut the doors now. Unless you can only shut the doors to that room; Phlodur will be trapped in the cup room with Nova, where he will likely overheat and die.[\s]
Whoops, wrong crew arrangement
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/5 Today is make your own title day
>Cea agility check: empty inventory, run into the room, grab blu via inventory, and shout for the doors to be locked, and drop him outside of room
>maybe also steal citrine's gun so you can shoot the kuppaworks if one gets out

Justification: Cea 10 speed. His lightning fast movements in such a small space should give us enough time to be in and out.

room and beg noverus to fireblast the kuppaworks
>nikki: move to cup room
(10-06-2016, 06:28 AM)LoverIan Wrote: »>Cea agility check: empty inventory, run into the room, grab blu via inventory, and shout for the doors to be locked, and drop him outside of room
>maybe also steal citrine's gun so you can shoot the kuppaworks if one gets out

Justification: Cea 10 speed. His lightning fast movements in such a small space should give us enough time to be in and out.
Negative ghost rider; Cea's speed is 8, and he has 1 strength. With Hasty being a Hermes, he's likely even faster, and definitely stronger. I'd opt to have Hasty run in instead.
NO ONE'S SAYING IT BUT EVERYONE'S THINKING IT SO I'M JUST GONNA SAY IT. A SENSIBLE STRATEGY WOULD BE TO PRESS THE DOOR LOCK NOW.

No one here wants Blu to die, but this is a course of action we also have to consider. If we lockdown now, there is no risk of anyone other than Blu becoming infected.

I constructed this room setup specifically so that there were as few people AND as few of our crew-members as possible in the high-risk rooms (Room 4 being one of these). If we lock the rooms now, we would lose only one person, and not even someone from our crew. As Athena has told us, it's better to lose one crew member than to risk total crew infection, and Blu isn't even someone from our crew, and we have to remember that priority #1 is reaching the center of the universe. I'm tempted to change my vote to door lock tbh as it seems vastly more sensible.

I HATE THIS THOUGH THAT WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS CHOICE YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS??

[Image: ymNOEOa.png]
THE DOOR LOCK PROBLEM
We should have Hasty go take control of the ship from Cobalt and bring her over to deal with this. Both have high agility and Cobalt is basically the best person around for fighting clockworks other than Nova since she's likely both immune and heavily armed (we don't even know what she's gained in the time she hasn't been with us). Hell she could probably even consume the Kuppa's to gain their strength if she so desired.

EDIT: Before we anyone says she won't move the simple answer is a skill check (assuming NPCS can do them). Cobalt has an intelligence of 3 and a charisma of 1 so anyone who is even remotely charming should be able to convince her.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/5 Yesterday was make your own title day
(10-06-2016, 07:07 AM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »NO ONE'S SAYING IT BUT EVERYONE'S THINKING IT SO I'M JUST GONNA SAY IT. A SENSIBLE STRATEGY WOULD BE TO PRESS THE DOOR LOCK NOW.

Yeah, I think if this was any other NPC we would leave them to die without a second thought. We have to consider what we have to gain by saving blu. We'd be risking several of our crew members but there would be no reward for it save for getting that fuzzy feeling inside our gut.

Edit:
The only problem is that if we close the doors, we'll still have to deal with the clockworks inside if we have to do anything or leave the ship.

Perhaps we could send Cea to the control room to close the doors and keep everybody else in the hallway to prepare to exterminate the insides of room 4. Since the kitchen and the storage room will stay open, we can build garbage fires in front of the doors and use them as barriers to shoot the clockworks through.

Double edit: Or, I guess marble could just break the doors open.
(10-06-2016, 09:46 AM)Fellow Wrote: »Yeah, I think if this was any other NPC we would leave them to die without a second thought. We have to consider what we have to gain by saving blu. We'd be risking several of our crew members but there would be no reward for it save for getting that fuzzy feeling inside our gut.

... God, I don't want to say this... but the Athena in me is thinking that we would actually directly benefit from leaving the rival captain for dead... Am I a bad person? ;_;
"If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." - Blaise Pascal
I say we lock the doors...

SORRY BLU

[Image: rcskl.jpg]

[Image: nhmrh.jpg]
(10-06-2016, 01:00 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »... God, I don't want to say this... but the Athena in me is thinking that we would actually directly benefit from leaving the rival captain for dead... Am I a bad person? ;_;
Blu's crew isn't actually trying to obstruct us, and it's not like we'd need to divide fortuna between both crews if they got there as well. Having them around provides us with some opportunities(such as hasty's shop, getting them to pay us to use our phone). So I'd say that getting their captain killed isn't really beneficial.
Let's not forget that Blu dead would mean -2 party tickets.

...Unrelated but I just realized: the infected are kuppas we shouldn't be shooting them at all.

Alright, I'm gonna put exactly what I'd do in command form under a spoiler:
SpoilerShow

...Now, with this plan there's a chance Hasty will panic and yell at us for not going with him to save Blu which sounds like it was kinda the point. But hey we're giving him a gun so that's still more help than he had. (...Then again, there's also a chance Shetlock will just panic and press the lockdown button himself. Guess there's not much point in planning for panicking with possibilities like this.)

Thoughts?
I'm going to suggest something potentially risky and maybe a bit tangental in this particular moment in time.

> Nikki: Use [Chip Magnet] to get close to Cobalt so you can extract some blood with some bio equipment that all Notails should have on their person because Notails. (Maybe ask how dominant her strain is; i.e. "Are you immune?")

Reasons why:
1. Why Nikki would do this in-universe; for teh lulz.
2. We might need to do damage control in the event that anyone gets infected.
3. In that case, Cobalt would be less than willing to do the honors due to hangups about "spreading the disease"; better to have Nikki do it behind her back.

This action might also be a good time to ask the patrons about Mors's motivations for making someone his "Cosmic Friend Forever".
(10-04-2016, 10:56 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »[So, um... I was wondering about something that happened in the previous game. My character, Cobalt-
Well, technically, she was procedurally generated...
Never mind!
Anyways. She begrudgingly became "Cosmic Friends Forever" with someone who later turned out to be Mors. Apparently, she contracted a powerful, yet relatively stable strain of the clockwork virus without her knowledge because of this.
I'm... not going to lie. This ended up being pretty freaking baller.
But something does bother me...
Why? What does Mors have to gain from this?]
I don't know if this is something anyone has considered, but, perhaps we should ask for Helios' input on the situation. I am almost certain we know Athena's take, but I really think this is not an impossible endeavor. I think we can save Blu and keep our ship safe too. I think Helios would be a good consult right now, we never ask for his advice and we could've benefitted from it when planning the rooms but I didn't have the courage to pipe up back then.

Maybe it won't help, maybe it'll just waste time, but I want to know what Helios thinks. Maybe we can keep Blu safe. His crew is not a threat, and he has valuable assets we should keep in mind for our own needs.
"1. AIs are just people who carry a manual. Treat them like people.
2. People with manuals get confused and scared when things occur that are not in the manual. Treat them like people when this happens.
3. Treat them like people."
(10-06-2016, 06:53 PM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »
SpoilerShow
-snip-
Thoughts?
Well, clockwork kuppa blood may be bad, but in the absence of fire we won't be hurting them very well anywhere other than the brains. I'm not sure if those are in the back or in the front of a kuppa's head. We also may not need to give Hasty a timer. If we want to send just hasty in, we could just have Sonny keep a tab on the situation and Cea a finger on the door lock.

(10-06-2016, 08:46 PM)Helios Wrote: »I don't know if this is something anyone has considered, but, perhaps we should ask for Helios' input on the situation. I am almost certain we know Athena's take, but I really think this is not an impossible endeavor. I think we can save Blu and keep our ship safe too. I think Helios would be a good consult right now, we never ask for his advice and we could've benefitted from it when planning the rooms but I didn't have the courage to pipe up back then.
Historically Helios has been a fan of letting us make our own decisions. A teacher doesn't do their students' homework for them after all.
I'm trying to think of the consequences of locking Blu in and I could possibly see some... Blu's crew would actually have it in for us unlike now, and also, Slate could lose a lot of morale if he finds out we let Blu die, and may leave our crew.

(10-06-2016, 06:53 PM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »Let's not forget that Blu dead would mean -2 party tickets.

Blu has already given us the tickets though hasn't he?

(10-06-2016, 08:18 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »I'm going to suggest something potentially risky and maybe a bit tangental in this particular moment in time.

> Nikki: Use [Chip Magnet] to get close to Cobalt so you can extract some blood with some bio equipment that all Notails should have on their person because Notails. (Maybe ask how dominant her strain is; i.e. "Are you immune?")

Reasons why:
1. Why Nikki would do this in-universe; for teh lulz.
2. We might need to do damage control in the event that anyone gets infected.
3. In that case, Cobalt would be less than willing to do the honors due to hangups about "spreading the disease"; better to have Nikki do it behind her back.

Cobalt is not a robot. Also, how would doing this be "damage control"?
Quote:Historically Helios has been a fan of letting us make our own decisions. A teacher doesn't do their students' homework for them after all.

I don't think he's going to give us a solution, I think he's going to be a good consultant. Teachers are always open to asking questions. Besides that, we are always going to make our own decisions, but there is nothing wrong with having those impacted by somebody who is Of Knowledge. Helios has information. He is our patron, and he knows a lot. I think it just couldn't hurt to ask.
"1. AIs are just people who carry a manual. Treat them like people.
2. People with manuals get confused and scared when things occur that are not in the manual. Treat them like people when this happens.
3. Treat them like people."
(10-06-2016, 09:26 PM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »Blu has already given us the tickets though hasn't he?
Well, the band might not get their tickets if they're missing the lead singer. Still, we have one spare ticket and we won't be sending cleo to the party.

(10-06-2016, 09:41 PM)Helios Wrote: »I don't think he's going to give us a solution, I think he's going to be a good consultant. Teachers are always open to asking questions. Besides that, we are always going to make our own decisions, but there is nothing wrong with having those impacted by somebody who is Of Knowledge. Helios has information. He is our patron, and he knows a lot. I think it just couldn't hurt to ask.
Well, I don't know what kind of council Helios could give us in this situation, but if you think he can, sure, go shoot him a spoiler.

Oh, and if we're gonna have someone shoot, maybe the ootkins should be the one to do it. We don't know for sure if Citrine has a good aim, but she might and if she does it'd be helpful. If we need the whole band for tickets, we might as well risk Citrine as well as Hasty. Now that I think about it, I'd rather risk Citrine than Hasty, seeing as he is usefull in that he sells us stuff.
(10-06-2016, 09:59 PM)Wheat Wrote: »Anyone considering locking blu in right away, consider the suggestion I made:

(10-05-2016, 10:15 PM)Wheat Wrote: »Set up a relay to shout the message person-to person to the control room to lock the door. Then have hasty take a glimpse into the room and if blu's infected, yell to lock the doors; if not, then hasty can go in and grab blu quick before yelling to lock the doors behind them

I don't think it'd be very risky to open the doors and check. If we go in and Blu turns out to be infected, and the act of opening the doors were to trigger agression from the kuppas, we can have our two body-builders keep the doors shut while someone else locks them. Rather, the risk in saving blu is that we risk more people getting infected in the process, as well as Kuppas spilling into the halway and attacking Nikki or Phlodur while we're busy saving Blu.

The risk isn't that blu might already be infected when we get there, the risk is that blu could be alive and something bad could happen while we try to save him
Wait, there's something we haven't considered. The infection is currently stuck at the door but if Kuppa blood spills then that risk it spreading into our main area and accelerating the infection. We need a way of killing these things without spilling their blood.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(10-06-2016, 09:26 PM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »Cobalt is not a robot. Also, how would doing this be "damage control"?

1: You seem to prefer seeing Cobalt as "neither" robot nor organic, whereas I would see her as "both".

2: If someone gets infected with clockwork, the best way to save them would be to overpower it with a considerably less awful clockwork (hence why I wanted Nikki to ask about the potency of Cobalt's strain).

(Also, no one has answered my question on how to set a profile pic and signature.)
(10-06-2016, 10:12 PM)Wheat Wrote: »It'd take like a few seconds to check while the doors are open and you just kick anyone that tries to spill out back into the room. If Hasty gets infected as a result, I doubt that it's instantaneous so we'd have time to burn them and also then there'd be less of a risk from hasty going nuts on us for leaving their frirend
If we knew that Blu was infected, sure, checking would give Hasty less of a chance of getting upset than locking the doors straight away. But we don't know if blu is infected. In fact, he likely isn't infected yet seeing as Hasty just jumped out of the room he was in and he seems to believe that blu is still clean.

If we check, we're making the decision to save Blu unless he has become a clockwork. There are two doors so we can't keep the Kuppas locked in easily: They can slip out the other side. Saving Blu will risk whoever we send into the room and anybody who can't lock their doors.

Edit:
(10-06-2016, 10:32 PM)DetectiveCaillou Wrote: »(Also, no one has answered my question on how to set a profile pic and signature.)
Didn't see the question, but go to settings on the top menu. You'll find these options in the "your profile" section on the menu on the left.
'Eeeeeeeeey, look at my furry-ass face an' my fancy quote! ^w^
I will now be calling for a vote on a few of the options! Please pick one of the below. (Also next update might take awhile, I'm in Florida so the power might go out or something)

> Ask Hasty to run inside, put Blu in his inventory and run out.

> Ask Hasty to take the gun and go in to room 4 to save Blu. Lock doors if he doesn't come back in a set amount of time.

> Attempt to convince Nova to leave the cup room. (If you vote for this please put how you want to try)

> Tell everyone to get in a room. Then, door lock the whole ship, leaving Blu and the clockworks in room 4.

(If any suggestions were left out then it's because it would have the same outcome as one of the others here.)

Also Helios advice was asked for so here's our patron talking about it (this will be placed in the next update.)

[Hey Helios, what should we do in this situation?]

[Image: bou7seU.gif]

I wish to allow you to come up with your own solution, but I will promise you that if you mess up on this test I will assist you with the rest of this event. All I will give to you now is that the knifes were a decoy, a tool in distracting you from what you really should have focused on.

[Image: chV1oYZ.gif]

We should just tell them the correct answer now! The correct answer to this problem is to leave a few people out in the hallway, then lock the doors! The people outside can start a fire out of room 4's doors, then we open room 4's doors as soon as possible and anything that leaps out, also known as all the clockworks, will burn! I don't understand the attachment to this Blu.

[Image: chV1oYZ.gif]

If that was Nikki or a random non infected kuppa in that room, we would be closing it! We can throw a few sad words using Marble's charm to make it seem like we decided this was the last idea we could think about, and that we feel, really, really, bad about it. We have the stats! We can do it! As Nike would say, just do it!
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 10/6 Not really 100% an update but it's here
Hmm, a distraction. That leaves the right focus to be the guns, which we've attended to, the trash and crates(???), the sprinklers, the rotten meat and the wood and matches.

Making fires with the wood seems like the obvious choice. I'd previously assumed we'd bring corpses to the kitchen to burn them rather than making fires for prevention.

I wonder if the clockworks would be intrested in rotten meat.

Perhaps we could get nova to leave the cup room by using the huge magnet. The guy is covered in metal. /joke
Well you see Athena, the thing about Blu is he's cute and a robot, and you know how fond we are of cute robots. He's also one of the artists so if he dies 2 of our tickets become unusable.

>Have Hasty shove Blu in his inventory. Just do it just put a fuckign v100 Apollo in your pocket just d

(Option 2 involves Hasty shooting infected kuppas, so large chance of blood splatter there.)
I vote to pick the second option: "If I Don't Come Back then Tell My Mom I Love Her". It's definitely the best/safest option. My counter-arguments for the rest of the options:

1. It's too risky. Blu might've already been infected, giving a risk of more people getting infected, and not closing the doors after retrieving him gives the clockworks a chance to spill out into the hallways.

3. We all know Nova - he's definitely not going to budge from that cup room.

4. While this option is probably the SAFEST, I can't see why we can't try, right?? After all, if we didn't even try then there might be some bad blood between T he two crews, I now realize.