[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 9/23 Vote Time! Puzzle 001
Is it too late to vote for Plan: Almond? Or any plan at all? But mostly Plan: Almond?
Aww man, i missed the InterMADNESSmission xD

Oh-well, Kieros as a gigne was adorable, and also this came to mind when a Gaignax Ending was mentioned ^^

Voting Almond's plan as-welll and also adding:

>Cobalt [Agility]: Without anyone noticing, quickly infect Cleo with your own version of the clockwork virus so-as to innoculate her from the more virulent strain and also to possibly save her from her deadly illness.

Also, the kidnapping thing...
Niko is pretty-much confirmed as being Hades right now... or Pluto.

Actually, scratch that, Pluto isn't a planet anymore xD
(09-24-2016, 01:51 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>Cobalt [Agility]: Without anyone noticing, quickly infect Cleo with your own version of the clockwork virus so-as to innoculate her from the more virulent strain and also to possibly save her from her deadly illness.

Could Cobalt actually do this and would we want her to? If it only applies to Cleo's body and she's okay with it this sounds like a great idea (although it may put further strain on our already limited supply of metal).
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(09-25-2016, 01:16 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Could Cobalt actually do this and would we want her to? If it only applies to Cleo's body and she's okay with it this sounds like a great idea (although it may put further strain on our already limited supply of metal).

Cleo, the bug, bites on to the head of Cleo, the animal. As such it is impossible to just infect the host, as clockworks (Even ones that are not aggressive and don't carry the virus on their skin like cobalt) still have infectious bites, infectious blood, and fuse with anything they eat or attach to themselves. The 2nd one applies the most in this situation.

Clockworks like cobalt, labeled "Safeworks" are just as safe as long as they are mild tempered and also they don't get their blood on other people. Unlikely normal clockworks they don't have the normal compulsion to attack and assimilate like normal ones. As such if infected Cleo the bug would get infected which would likely just cause Cleo the animal to gain a slightly unsightly lump on their head.

Edit: Also as Almond said below, we cannot control cobalt, cobalt would not ever infect anyone for any reason, even if they asked. Willingly infecting people with clockwork, even the "safer" kind is considered a horrible act.

If you want to find a reason for Cleo to stab Cobalt and then drink her blood I mean......

Also voting stop! I'll update whenever I can.
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
We can't even command Cobalt, we can only command people on the crew.
(09-23-2016, 12:47 PM)Shaula Wrote: »They don't need to have babies to have a lovely relationship. Ship away.

I shipped.

SpoilerShow
You might say that people in a relationship shouldn't eat each other but you just don't know what true love is.
(09-26-2016, 04:40 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(09-23-2016, 12:47 PM)Shaula Wrote: »They don't need to have babies to have a lovely relationship. Ship away.

I shipped.

SpoilerShow
You might say that people in a relationship shouldn't eat each other but you just don't know what true love is.

neferiusNexus [Deviant]: How can you say you love her when you can't even swallow her whole!
^^
Quote:> Almond's plan

[Image: s6s7vNz.gif]

Final layout

SpoilerShow

[Image: tcAmZlp.gif]

[Image: n1keWUc.gif]
Fortuna rolls a 20 sided dice. A 5 is rolled.

[Image: yQ4BGEa.gif]

[Image: iCjhnu6.gif]

[Image: fEwlG9Q.gif]

[Image: nYVhR3P.gif]

[Image: NJT6fl4.gif]

[Image: m0xGkdy.gif]

[Image: QWX7fxS.gif]

[Image: lRw8IxA.gif]

SpoilerShow
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 9/30 5 out of 5 best game ever - IGN
Assuming it came from one room, the scream either came from Room 6 or Room 4. 6 has Marble whom we would care about more so I vote we check there.
> First Things first: Did Citrine grab a gun beforehand? If she hasn't she will need to stop by room 3 before checking room 4.
> Try to get Cobalt to check 6, that thing at the end of her tail looks like a weapon, and even if it isn't, she's surely dangerous enough without a weapon. Right?
> If Cobalt won't let Nicko/Shetlock/Bob/Cea take the wheel, Cea will have to quickly check 6 while Citrene tells One-Punch to head to 6. If Empty, hopefully Cea can intercept One-Punch and send him to check room 4.
> Cea: Get Sonny to check it out.
>Cea: Check out Room 4, and have Sonny check out Room 6
[Image: 9oAO3Nx.gif][Image: PxleLogo_Da.gif?dl=1][Image: Njx8eUo.png][Image: FuJRCK7.png][Image: A43ybmM.png][Image: PxleSig_%5BLOST%5D.png?dl=1][Image: JoFm6nh.gif]
Adun Toridas, Space Ninja...
[Image: mbdbz.jpg]

(10-01-2016, 08:01 AM)SirBlizz98 Wrote: »>Cea: Check out Room 4, and have Sonny check out Room 6

Also, seconding that.
Okay, I believe room 2 and 6 should be our highest priorities since those have our crew in it. So let's have Cea check out room 6 first, seeing as it's closer. Since Marble could be asleep, we should take Citrine to drag her out if need be.

We could have Cea ask the others to look at the other rooms. I suggest Bob checks out room 7(Since that's the least risky and least important room, and bob may not be too fast.) and have Shetlock check room 4 and 2 (since you can walk through one to get to the other).

This leaves Nicko in the control room to take the wheel from Cobalt if she needs to deal with an intruding clockwork.

If we switch to Nikki and he hasn't gotten a warning, there is something amiss in room 4 and we can send him elsewhere.

>Cea: Delegate. Tell Bob to warn room 7, have Shetlock warn room 4 and 2 and go warn room 6 with Citrine.

SpoilerShow
>Begin setting up a security-rounds schedule so that people can stay in touch and watch each other.

SpoilerShow
I don't think having an ordinary knife is going to cut it against a bunch of clockwork monstrosities, they need real weapons. Maybe tape two knives together to make a double knife?
Vivian Quest
Tale of a small lizard, crime, and weird biology!
(10-02-2016, 03:24 PM)tronn Wrote: »I don't think having an ordinary knife is going to cut it against a bunch of clockwork monstrosities, they need real weapons. Maybe tape two knives together to make a double knife?
I'm just asking about the knives since the knives comment was said to go through, but I didn't see a mention of people getting knives.

And though most of the crew is not equiped to fight clockworks, we will need to find them to deal with them.
(10-02-2016, 03:24 PM)tronn Wrote: »knives
(10-02-2016, 03:24 PM)tronn Wrote: »cut it
(10-02-2016, 03:24 PM)tronn Wrote: »I don't think having an ordinary knife is going to cut it against a bunch of clockwork monstrosities, they need real weapons. Maybe tape two knives together to make a double knife?

Simple blades seemed to work out pretty well against the False Prophet when Cobalt cut it's legs off.
(10-03-2016, 12:28 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Simple blades seemed to work out pretty well against the False Prophet when Cobalt cut it's legs off.
Well keep in mind that cobalt had a purple trait working in her favor when she tried to cut the poet. Compare it to what happened with Jayna, who had 40+ str and 8 agi when she attempted that. Since this is a violent strain of clockwork, you're bound to get stuck when trying melee. Sure it's good to have a knife between you and it but it won't be good for a lot of uses.
(10-03-2016, 10:40 AM)Fellow Wrote: »
(10-03-2016, 12:28 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Simple blades seemed to work out pretty well against the False Prophet when Cobalt cut it's legs off.
Well keep in mind that cobalt had a purple trait working in her favor when she tried to cut the poet. Compare it to what happened with Jayna, who had 40+ str and 8 agi when she attempted that. Since this is a violent strain of clockwork, you're bound to get stuck when trying melee. Sure it's good to have a knife between you and it but it won't be good for a lot of uses.

Do all clockworks have regenerative powers? If so, based on what the False Poet was doing, it's a matter of hitting fast enough and hard enough in places we don't have to cut through much.
(10-03-2016, 04:18 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Do all clockworks have regenerative powers? If so, based on what the False Poet was doing, it's a matter of hitting fast enough and hard enough in places we don't have to cut through much.
Even if these clockworks don't regenerate, they should still be capable of absorbing metal. They could perhaps "eat" the knife if they were stabbed.

Edit: Plus, the knives themselves could get infected
A non-metal knife could work, then, couldn't it? I'm sure there's SOME sufficiently stabby material out there.
(10-04-2016, 03:32 PM)Shaula Wrote: »A non-metal knife could work, then, couldn't it? I'm sure there's SOME sufficiently stabby material out there.
Well, one thing about clockworks is that they also infect biological material. Presumably you'd run into the same problem with wooden stakes.
(10-04-2016, 03:49 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(10-04-2016, 03:32 PM)Shaula Wrote: »A non-metal knife could work, then, couldn't it? I'm sure there's SOME sufficiently stabby material out there.
Well, one thing about clockworks is that they also infect biological material. Presumably you'd run into the same problem with wooden stakes.

Can they infect non-living/non-robotic materials though? I mean I know they could absorb them, but have we ever seen a clockwork spawn out of something that wasn't already animate (I think robots would be considered as having some sort of "living" status for gameplay purposes)?