Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
>1 The more the merrier, as they say.

Besides, I see absolutely no reason not to go.

editShow
[Image: XRN7N5U.gif]
sup
(08-21-2016, 08:28 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »If we're going anyway >1. Theres no reason to not have extra guys on standby in case shit hits the fan.

MORE DEATH FOR THE DEATH GODDESS DAESDYNE
[Image: Iv0bTLS.png]
(08-22-2016, 01:27 AM)ICantGiveCredit Wrote: »
(08-21-2016, 08:28 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »If we're going anyway >1. Theres no reason to not have extra guys on standby in case shit hits the fan.

MORE [strike]DEATH[/strike] fire and cave-ins FOR THE [strike]DEATH[/strike] fire and cave-ins GODDESS DAESDYNE

FTFY.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
Throwing my hat on the >1 pile XD Besides, if we don;t go, Emily will probably die or something >.>
>1, but also make sure to bring the orange juice gun, as well as your ammo and non-redundant equipment pieces.

Daesdyne is one of the reasons I made it. If all she cares about is filling her stomach, why not use an item that can give infinite food as a bargaining chip? We're planning on avoiding her, but it still helps to be prepared.

Also, I'd like to assume that Derrick and Lucia would have brought all that stuff I mentioned, but previous experiences have shown me that a low bar is too high.
Heyo! I'm new to the forums but read the entire adventure. Looking forward to suggesting commands.
Why not start now?
>1
MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODDESS
(08-21-2016, 10:28 PM)Username Wrote: »>1 More is always better.

Usually.

Not for a stealth mission.

But if Emily's determined to go then we better not let her go alone. Particularly if we need some people to run interference as a distraction.

>1

But maybe not everybody should go.

>Derrick: Gently let Lucia know that her tendency to scream when scared might be a liability in this mission. That is, unless you've already accounted for it.
>1, may as well.
(08-22-2016, 07:53 PM)Unclever title Wrote: »Not for a stealth mission.

>Derrick: Gently let Lucia know that her tendency to scream when scared might be a liability in this mission. That is, unless you've already accounted for it.
I approve.
(08-22-2016, 07:53 PM)Unclever title Wrote: »>Derrick: Gently let Lucia know that her tendency to scream when scared might be a liability in this mission. That is, unless you've already accounted for it.

That might make her mad, and I'm pretty sure she would come along anyway.
THIS IS AN ORIGINAL SIGNATURE
ALL YOU WILL REMEMBER WHEN YOU LOOK AWAY IS A FUNNY ORIGINAL SIGNATURE
NOW GO AWAY
>Derrick: Try to get bambino and reggie along.
(08-22-2016, 07:53 PM)Unclever title Wrote: »
(08-21-2016, 10:28 PM)Username Wrote: »>1 More is always better.

Usually.

Not for a stealth mission.

But if Emily's determined to go then we better not let her go alone. Particularly if we need some people to run interference as a distraction.

>1

But maybe not everybody should go.

Not neccessarilly everyone needs to go in for the stealth part though. We only really need one person for that. The rest are just around in case things go wrong.
Do we have anything to light up the way in Daesdyne's cave? Since Daesdyne is blind it wouldn't be a bad thing to bring along. If we don't have anything we might be able to combine something.

We could also use the elemental iron fists to conjure a flame to light the way but I'm not sure how efficient that would be. Plus, only one person can use them, so maybe we should bring more than one light-emitting item, just to be sure.

>Derrick: Before going, go get something you could use as a light source. You wouldn't want to fall in a pit or bump into Daesdyne.
[Image: XRN7N5U.gif]
sup
I finally got them to make some flashlights for everybody during one of iP's streams. So they do in fact have light sources.
SpoilerShow

Also, Lucia is literally the best equipped for this situation. The only people I would really leave behind is Emily and possibly Bambino, due to lack of mobility and sensory options. We don't really need Emily to be there with us all the time, and we're already making a door at the front of the cave. We can just make a door mid journey to meet back up with her and get heals or whatever, then make another door at the front and go back through the previous set.

But between the reapers being able to traverse the shadow levels on their own and Lucia being able to take Derrick with her through the hand mirror, the ideal setup for avoiding fights would be Lucia/Ira, Derrick (maybe with Reggie as a sword, Iunno how that works in regards to shadow traversal), and some reaper kids. Between night vision and the flashlights seeing shouldn't be a problem with that group, reapers can pull healing duty, and with the warm reaches and Lucia's flight mobility shouldn't be too much of a problem either. Plus we're giving them all quiet gear to avoid attracting Daesdyne's attention, and a bargaining chip and emergency undo button just in case they do.
(08-23-2016, 04:23 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »I finally got them to make some flashlights for everybody during one of iP's streams. So they do in fact have light sources.
SpoilerShow

Also, Lucia is literally the best equipped for this situation. The only people I would really leave behind is Emily and possibly Bambino, due to lack of mobility and sensory options. We don't really need Emily to be there with us all the time, and we're already making a door at the front of the cave. We can just make a door mid journey to meet back up with her and get heals or whatever, then make another door at the front and go back through the previous set.

But between the reapers being able to traverse the shadow levels on their own and Lucia being able to take Derrick with her through the hand mirror, the ideal setup for avoiding fights would be Lucia/Ira, Derrick (maybe with Reggie as a sword, Iunno how that works in regards to shadow traversal), and some reaper kids. Between night vision and the flashlights seeing shouldn't be a problem with that group, reapers can pull healing duty, and with the warm reaches and Lucia's flight mobility shouldn't be too much of a problem either. Plus we're giving them all quiet gear to avoid attracting Daesdyne's attention, and a bargaining chip and emergency undo button just in case they do.

You seem to have not accounted for Lucia being easily frightened. Thats what got her killed last time, she took one look at Daesdyne, flipped the fuck out, and was rendered completely helpless and an easy target.
(08-21-2016, 11:33 PM)Supeh Mario Wrote: »
editShow

dang bro, that is an ADORABLE Derrick, i adore the style! glad to have you back, you should join us at the frog chat

in regards of the cave, please remember Garry now has a pendulum, I was kind of counting on that to help guess the path we would take through the labyrinth, and Bambino does have his 6th sense thing, so it may be a good idea to bring him along (also he can smack people into lower levels)

also, bambino is made of fluff, was thinking he could just muffle lucia against his luxurious fur if she started screaming XD
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(08-23-2016, 10:36 AM)Panur Wrote: »also, bambino is made of fluff, was thinking he could just muffle lucia against his luxurious fur if she started screaming XD
That reminds me, Lucia should wear the bagbino to lower her fear.
(08-23-2016, 07:26 AM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(08-23-2016, 04:23 AM)martialAcademic Wrote: »I finally got them to make some flashlights for everybody during one of iP's streams. So they do in fact have light sources.
SpoilerShow

You seem to have not accounted for Lucia being easily frightened. Thats what got her killed last time, she took one look at Daesdyne, flipped the fuck out, and was rendered completely helpless and an easy target.

No, I did. That's why I listed a time reversal item in my list before. Also, I'm not sure if Lucia is mechanically easier to scare than Derrick, or if that's just our perception of her. That's not a refuting what you're saying, we just haven't really done any experiments on that matter. Food for thought.

Regardless of whether or not she is easier to scare, she's still the best option for the cave. Her flight lets her get past most of the terrain obstacles, and her ability to go through levels of darkness make it the easiest for her to get away from Daesdyne if she comes around. Plus she is by far the stealthiest dreamer we've got so far.

If we can keep her calm, and preferably give her a knife so she can use shadow saber's fear reduction ability, she should remain quiet enough with the gear we're making to be okay.
SpoilerShow

=>

[Image: cqai14w.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 42JVKjW.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: 68wOr4T.png]

You are now Emily again. While moving forward to come across something strange.

Show ChatlogShow
>Emily: Tactical retreat, that monster looks like it could kill you in one or two hits, Derrick and Lucia are in the outpost and they have some armor for you, run as fast as you can, have the reapers cover you.

>Kira & Pechal: Shrouded death, distract the monster while emily retreats.
(08-23-2016, 10:22 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Emily: Tactical retreat, that monster looks like it could kill you in one or two hits, Derrick and Lucia are in the outpost and they have some armor for you, run as fast as you can, have the reapers cover you.

seconding
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(08-23-2016, 10:22 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Emily: Tactical retreat, that monster looks like it could kill you in one or two hits, Derrick and Lucia are in the outpost and they have some armor for you, run as fast as you can, have the reapers cover you.

>Kira & Pechal: Shrouded death, distract the monster while emily retreats.

Thirding with the addition of Kira and Pechal retreating as well when they're done.
>Emily: If retreating fails and a fight breaks out the recommended course of action is a simultaneous and coordinated strike on Miander's eyes and legs. Hopefully this will blind and/or cripple Miander, allowing you to proceed with either a retreat or diplomacy depending on the situation, and greatly reducing the chance of death on all sides. Keep an eye out for Timothy and Ahn, and possibly offer Timothy a chance to get his axe back after this if he cooperates with you.
IP, quick question. Can we give orders to damage specific body parts? In the sense of trying to dismember/cripple, rather than just do plain-out HP damage?
(08-24-2016, 12:19 AM)Kayriel Wrote: »IP, quick question. Can we give orders to damage specific body parts? In the sense of trying to dismember/cripple, rather than just do plain-out HP damage?

it's been possible to do so in the past, for example when Lucia had Ira strike little bugger on the crack in its skull for critical damage, don't see why not.