[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)

[Fortuna]: Luck depends on no one....right? (4/3)
RE: [Fortuna]: 8/3 My kingdom now
(08-04-2016, 10:29 AM)Fellow Wrote: »Let's see if Cleo needs a new body, first. We're not going to get more use out of Cleo's skills if she's attached to a creature without hands or vocal chords.
Yes, that would be why i added the sentence immediately after this one. her host is sick and it is difficult for her to control: better for her to have a mute host than no host. Gondii have hosts for a reason.
(08-08-2016, 05:43 AM)[Bracketer} Wrote: »Yes, that would be why i added the sentence immediately after this one. her host is sick and it is difficult for her to control: better for her to have a mute host than no host. Gondii have hosts for a reason.
But Cleo still has a host, even though it's sick. Not only can a cat not talk, it's paws can't use tools either, which would make it less useful than a hard to control host. The latter, after all, can still use Cleo's engineering skills and knowledge a bit.

I thought the bit about asking Cleo if it'd work ment asking if she could be attached to a cat, not if she needed to. I think if Cleo knew she needed a new host, she would've mentioned it? Cleo isn't a doctor, so she's likely unable to tell what exactly is wrong with her body.
Maybe we could have One-Punch [improvise] to try to, if not cure, at least make Cleo's thing more manageable? I acknowledge the risk he may screw this up and think we should only really do this if we don't have any better options but figured I'd just put it out there.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
(08-09-2016, 06:35 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Maybe we could have One-Punch [improvise] to try to, if not cure, at least make Cleo's thing more manageable? I acknowledge the risk he may screw this up and think we should only really do this if we don't have any better options but figured I'd just put it out there.
I wonder if having Nikki play luck roll doctor would work better.

The explaination for [improvise] seems to have sunk together with the old forums, but the way I recall it, [improvise] works better when you can make reality work with you. I'm unsure if that applies in this case.
> Nikki: Intelligence check. Identify Cleo's sickness and come up with a [Logical] solution of dealing with it until we get to Edel.
The cat is temporary until we fix the original host. We're (hopefully) not trying to handicap ourselves by turning one of our sick crewmembers into a not-sick cat.
(08-10-2016, 01:05 AM)Ferociousfeind Wrote: »The cat is temporary until we fix the original host. We're (hopefully) not trying to handicap ourselves by turning one of our sick crewmembers into a not-sick cat.
I get that, but I'm arguing that a healthy cat would be worse compared to a sick Gondii host. Cleo can semi-control her current host for the time being, there is no need for a temporary cat.
(08-10-2016, 08:26 AM)Fellow Wrote: »
(08-10-2016, 01:05 AM)Ferociousfeind Wrote: »The cat is temporary until we fix the original host. We're (hopefully) not trying to handicap ourselves by turning one of our sick crewmembers into a not-sick cat.
I get that, but I'm arguing that a healthy cat would be worse compared to a sick Gondii host. Cleo can semi-control her current host for the time being, there is no need for a temporary cat.

But the point of getting her a temporary replacement host isn't to give her a better body, it's to get her current body into a capture cage and stop it from getting any worse. It's implied that Nikki's pet Ratty was alive in its capture cage for years, so it suspends whatever's in it somehow. So we don't need something that Cleo can control better, we just need something that'll keep her alive while we put her body's illness on hold.

But if you're so concerned about a cat being a bad host, perhaps we could have Cea offer himself up as a host instead?
(08-10-2016, 08:37 PM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »But the point of getting her a temporary replacement host isn't to give her a better body, it's to get her current body into a capture cage and stop it from getting any worse. It's implied that Nikki's pet Ratty was alive in its capture cage for years, so it suspends whatever's in it somehow.

Oh, sorry! I forgot that capture cages could stop time like that.
Wait why couldn't her current body be put in a capture cage?

Side note: If we can easily transfer her to a new body why don't we search for something a little tougher than her current one that still has limbs capable of performing delicate work? Perhaps some space squid or something.
(08-10-2016, 09:51 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »Wait why couldn't her current body be put in a capture cage?
No, the want to to put Cleo on another body and then put her normal body in storage. I'd assume capture cages don't work well on sentient creatures.

You know, speaking of sentient creatures, we might be able to coax one into acting as a temporary host in exchange for a free ride off planet.
Her current body CAN be put in a capture cage, but we need another body to put her on so that she can see and, y'know, not starve.

And we don't need a new permanent body(at least not yet anyway), right now we need to take what we can get. But if her current body dies we can maybe look for a space squid AFTER we get off this deathtrap of a planet.
(08-08-2016, 05:36 AM)Wheat Wrote: »Operation Cakeruiner
it doesn't make sense to follow along with anything the people who're trying to kill us are doing, this party is gonna get fartyed!

-Tell O o o o about your intention to just wreck the party and make everything miserable, and to go full hog on anything they're planning, suggesting cooperation. Also tell O o o o to check for any devices the two Dali representatives might've left behind, in case they're targeting O o o o for something.

-Ask blu's crew for help. Athena, you can get Latta to do it; the reason being that if this world ends and our crew dies, it doesn't matter that they are our competitors since we'd both be equally dead. Right now we need to improve chances of not dying. We can ask them that in exchange for helping them get off planet, they can do something risky for us that we don't want to risk, like scouting out the slabs beforehand to gather intel.

-Mobilize an army of husses and other local artists to crash the party. We're gonna arrive early, and have our party overshadow their party and just piss all over everything. This way if they're planning something they won't be ready to have us yet.

-If Cea doesn't like being around so many poor people, they can go off and do some scouting too; they're fast and a 'personnel' person so they should do their job for once. Bonus points if we can re-establish communications with edel and the ship.

-Marble: collaborate with Rivet on any tactical weaknesses on Dali's compound, any intelligence gathered, and the best way to ruin their party. Also ask about any Didaskaloi medical services that could be rendered to Cleo's body.

-If someone has to watch over for Cleo, ask Bob to do it for now, as they're an ai and not susceptible to catching anything Cleo might have. Also ask if Bob can render any special services to the plan.

-Nikki: give us insight on your techniques of how to be as offputting as possible in social situations to better ruin parties. Also maybe you can build either some kind of bomb or gun or something? Or some sort of makeshift transportation that would get us to the slabs faster? What kinda items you got on you, check inventory

Earlier suggestion, still in play
SpoilerShow

Okay so here's some further reasoning:
SpoilerShow

Seconding
(08-03-2016, 07:07 AM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »> Marble + Cea: Run out and get Cleo to any available medical assistance on the planet ASAP. But don't be too long - the earlier you leave for The Party, the better.

[Image: Qwr55Yj.gif]

(08-03-2016, 07:12 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »There is no medical assistance!
(08-03-2016, 07:12 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »>No, no, she'll be fine!
(08-03-2016, 02:41 PM)Kíeros Wrote: »> Marble: Attempt to calm down One Punch. She's going to be fine, you guarantee it.
(08-03-2016, 08:26 AM)Fellow Wrote: »>Marble: Latta can perform first aid and there is a doctor on the ship. Cleo just needs to hold out until she gets to Edel.
(08-03-2016, 07:12 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »>Anyone got a creature capture cage? ...And a temporary replacement body?
(08-04-2016, 04:35 AM)[Bracketer} Wrote: »>Check Nikki's inventory. If he has a spare Capture Cage, we can put Cleo's sick body in there, right? Have him wait outside as well.

[Image: 6VUrqxM.gif]

[Image: ga5JuPp.gif]

(08-04-2016, 04:35 AM)[Bracketer} Wrote: »> Go visit Pablo and attempt to negotiate a cat for Cleo to attach to until we can heal her main host. BEFORE YOU LEAVE, MAKE SURE TO ASK CLEO IF THIS WILL WORK. If it will not, then this plan gets trashed.

[Image: tU6e8hE.gif]

[Image: RkTfjsg.gif]

[Image: HVRowHz.gif]

[Image: IdaSczj.gif]

(08-09-2016, 07:09 PM)Fellow Wrote: »I wonder if having Nikki play luck roll doctor would work better.
(08-09-2016, 11:24 PM)TangledAlmond Wrote: »> Nikki: Intelligence check. Identify Cleo's sickness and come up with a [Logical] solution of dealing with it until we get to Edel.

[Image: PLrrqq4.gif]

(08-10-2016, 01:19 AM)Wheat Wrote: »we already heard nikki's logical solution.
(it's euthanasia)

[Image: Nvf6C8n.gif]

[Image: r8R4ONf.gif]

(08-08-2016, 03:15 AM)nonexistentPumpkin Wrote: »>If the capture cage is not a viable option, go to Rivet for help. the military should have doctors.
(08-03-2016, 08:26 AM)Fellow Wrote: »>Have One Punch carry Cleo on his back since she's gotten bad at moving.

[Image: UAMNUSv.gif]

[Image: ORe28bQ.gif]

[Image: h7rUvao.gif]

[Image: i014IUW.gif]

[Image: MfzT1yb.gif]

[Image: SE6fR4A.gif]

[Image: p9xFR6y.gif]

[Image: xtNvb5a.gif]

[Image: U1354gq.gif]

[Image: Hm38sTM.gif]

[Image: 7rHxbfE.gif]

[Image: 34mY2wY.gif]

[Image: mRJfZbU.gif]

SpoilerShow
[Image: rwjHVeX.png][Image: 69CsXS0.png][Image: ejuvK4p.png][Image: VBRHq44.png][Image: 2RQ0SBA.png][Image: wtUXrmA.png]
RE: [Fortuna]: 8/12 Just like in the movies
>LET'S GO FIND NOVA!!! FAMILY REUNION!
> Try the terrordactyls first. Don't steal them, no, but see what sort of deal you could possibly work out.
🐦🐙🐙[Image: nifOFwR.png]🐙🐙
> Go search for Nova without Latta to see if Kelda is around. If she is maybe you could use a disguise?

I'm sure Athena can handle Latta if Kelda is around.
> Have Marble meet up with her family. Perhaps you can, at least, have Marble and Cleo get a ride to the Slab Lands and Edel. If not everyone, while Latta takes that cannon she always wanted to take. (Preferably some other option. Even if it mean Latta takes some crew along that route instead of the ship.)

Seconding the terrordactls as well
> Let's go find out how senile Nova has become!!!

Here's how I think the groups should be split: Marble can go with Nova & Co., Latta can finally take the cannon she's always wanted to use, and the remaining people (Cea, Cleo, One-Punch & Nikki) are pretty much wild cards, who can take any other mode of transportation. I recommend those four deal with the whole "Uh oh Cleo's host is sick" situation and then ride the terrordactyls to the Party.
>cannon
Otherwise
>steal the terrordactyls
(08-13-2016, 05:55 AM)awkwardcarapace Wrote: »> Let's go find out how senile Nova has become!!!

Here's how I think the groups should be split: Marble can go with Nova & Co., Latta can finally take the cannon she's always wanted to use, and the remaining people (Cea, Cleo, One-Punch & Nikki) are pretty much wild cards, who can take any other mode of transportation. I recommend those four deal with the whole "Uh oh Cleo's host is sick" situation and then ride the terrordactyls to the Party.

Cleo should go with Latta (the only one who can possibly treat her before Edel becomes available again) or Marble (the only one who can possibly find someone to help her). Anything else and we risk losing her, or at least her body.
SpoilerShow

Okay now,
Not only would I like to see how our old Nova is doing, I also assume Nova's ship is still Kelda's and she's still fused with Edchina V1.
Latta would likely get in troube if she tried going with Noverus.
We need Marble if we're going with Noverus.
Nova is still racist, and Edchina is still a robot, sort of, so Nikki should be able to sway them a bit.
The Zelshys are not likely to be a good influence on One Punch.

If Latta isn't charismatic enough to win the Surrealists' trust, we don't have access to anybody who is unless we get Blu to help or Shetlock to dress up as someone charismatic.
Loaning or stealing the pterodactyls gives us the benefit of having pterodactyls around.
One Punch might be able to improvise his way into their trust but we'd be putting our fate in the hands of a luck roll.
Cleo's animal husbandry should make her a good choice to take on a Pterodactyl ride.
We may not want to teach One Punch to steal.
If we were to try convince the surrealists to give us a loan, Nikki would make negotiations harder for us since he could make a pterodactyl sick.

Cea, Cleo and Nikki are likely too flimsy to be shot out of a cannon and live.

Sneaking aboard the army ship sounds like a really bad idea, but Cea might pull it off with the help of Sonny and his high agility.
Latta would leave a trail of coffee behind if she were to try to be sneaky.
Cleo and Nikki's agility are horrible, and Marble's isn't too great either, making them bad candidates for sneaking aboard a ship.

The ship with beast guarding it may also be an option. >Cea: Have you heard back from Sonny yet?

Currently I propose we have Athena take Latta and some crew of her choosing to steal some pterodactyls, while we take Marble and the rest to ask Nova a favor.
(08-13-2016, 11:57 AM)Fellow Wrote: »-Big ol' snip-

Currently I propose we have Athena take Latta and some crew of her choosing to steal some pterodactyls, while we take Marble and the rest to ask Nova a favor.

Seconding
> Have Marble meet up with her family. Perhaps you can, at least, have Marble and Cleo get a ride to the Slab Lands and Edel. If not everyone, while Latta takes that cannon she always wanted to take. (Preferably some other option. Even if it mean Latta takes some crew along that route instead of the ship.)

Seconding the terrordactls as well
>Whatever we do we gotta send Nikki with the group that meets up with Nova, it'll be a reunion/first time meeting! Just imagine how awful it will be, especially if cobalt is with them.