Lucidstuck I

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucidstuck I
RE: Lucidstuck: It's not over!
FRIENDLY REMINDER TO ALL NEWBIES:

please don't throw out answers as is, we usually throw ideas around before a command is sent.

no > until we are reasonably sure plz
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

Or go check LS's very own first fanadventure!

[Image: ZktuORS.png]

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
Reminder for old hands and important ground rule for new observers: DO NOT submit an answer until we have come to a consensus. Jumping the gun is how Vorrus died. Play devil's advocate to avoid groupthink.

Sounds like water to me. Line one fits liquid water, line two fits evaporation, line three ice/snow, line four drops and clouds, line five the water cycle. Admittedly water droplets can be far smaller than peas.
(07-28-2016, 10:44 PM)Panur Wrote: »FRIENDLY REMINDER TO ALL NEWBIES:

please don't throw out answers as is, we usually throw ideas around before a command is sent.

no > until we are reasonably sure plz

There is one notable exception to this rule. And this is this:
>Discuss with eachother to find an answer
Sounds like water.
>Discuss with others, as always.
Gee, seems like we've really learned how to game the system, riddle-wise. Even when there aren't any serious consequences anymore. That's almost kind of boring. Well, I'm not about to rock the boat over this.

Water's basically what I was thinking of as well.
Yielding unless hit at high speeds, free -> relaxed -> still fits gas -> liquid -> solid pretty well. "show off my natural beauty" can easily describe a snowflake. Pea -> drop, mountain... I was thinking ocean, but yeah cloud fits much better. "far and wide" water is all over the earth, rivers both travel and act as a means of travel.

I guess molasses could also fit the description (if relaxed instead just means slow), though it doesn't really fit lines four and five and molasses doesn't strike me as "beautiful." So no, I can't really think of any alternatives. Otherwise some kind of living thing, but I can't think of anything that fits all the criteria.
Right on the money, Panur and FG - as long as we put our heads together and don't randomly shout out commands like nincompoops we can get an answer and no one has to get Guardian-shanked. ... Again.

I also throw my hat in on 'Water' being the answer.
Yeah, "water" was my thought too.
You know what's better than a dank meme? an animated dank meme!

here's Alice being put right where she belongs

SpoilerShow
I was thinking Oobleck, or another non-Newtonian liquid, but whatever you guys say.
(07-30-2016, 02:42 AM)Ferociousfeind Wrote: »I was thinking Oobleck, or another non-Newtonian liquid, but whatever you guys say.

Nah, it's gotta be methane. The dream world is Saturn's moon Titan, after all. Melonspa
could be sand
SpoilerShow
Sand doesn't fit the temperature/movement parts though.
This line doesn't make sense to me, in context of water

I feel free on warm days and relaxed on others.

How is it relaxed on not warm days?
(07-30-2016, 10:56 PM)Shadowfyst997 Wrote: »This line doesn't make sense to me, in context of water

I feel free on warm days and relaxed on others.

How is it relaxed on not warm days?

When molecules lose heat they slow down and move less, right? That could be seen as a form of relaxation. They're calming down in a way.
"Fainting isn't real, only ninteenth century girls in corsets faint."
>Emily: Water
(07-30-2016, 11:37 PM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Emily: Water

We should wait for them to discuss before we give an answer. Even if we're almost certain we're right it doesn't hurt to check.
Back from vacation!
Anyways, water seems correct.
THIS IS AN ORIGINAL SIGNATURE
ALL YOU WILL REMEMBER WHEN YOU LOOK AWAY IS A FUNNY ORIGINAL SIGNATURE
NOW GO AWAY
Emily: Water

[Image: 5aXC5lS.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: jxBt5sc.png]

Show ChatlogShow

[Image: eyxSn0Z.png]

You call out the name Sharkbite as loud as you can while venturing with the reapers. You feel a slight chill on your spine and neck, as if something else might be watching you and the others. However you are determined to see this through.

[Image: T23SiMc.png]

Show ChatlogShow

Sharkbite stands before you, almost anxiously... The pause gives you feelings of concern and you're not quite sure what to make of it.
>Emily: Explain to him that all he needs to do is to allow you to place your hand upon him, this will allow him to leave this world.

im not too sure about my phrasing, maybe someone could correct me?

I believe we will need climbing gear for the climbing section of the daesdyne cave, the guardian did say we'll need something, i'll see if i can come up with a design
(07-31-2016, 06:37 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Emily: Explain to him that all he needs to do is to allow you to place your hand upon him, this will allow him to leave this world.

im not too sure about my phrasing, maybe someone could correct me?

I believe we will need climbing gear for the climbing section of the daesdyne cave, the guardian did say we'll need something, i'll see if i can come up with a design

we can just make a rope ladder XD
I really, really love Lucidstuck, if you do too, you should check all the fanart i've done for it :3c

You can also see exclusive pics at my Patreon (including stuff for the next fanaventure, also LS based!) or tip me at my Ko-fi~!
(07-31-2016, 06:37 AM)TerraTorment Wrote: »>Emily: Explain to him that all he needs to do is to allow you to place your hand upon him, this will allow him to leave this world.

I'm sorry, but i'm unseconding the motion to Exorcise him. If he was in pain like the other monster, i'd be all for it like a form of euthanasia. But as it stands, he'd be more useful as an ally, rather than leveling-fodder for Emily.
I mean, we even have a weapon for Emily, it's not like we even need his stuff. And with Audrey's cache of souls, leveling Emily shouldn't be a problem.

And then there's also the issue that abusing the kid's powers to kill monsters would be playing into Malice's hands. After-all, exorcising Sharkbite for no other reason than to take his stuff and soul isn't exactly morally justifiable...

>Emily: Have the reaper kids tell Sharkbite how they were saved by Nightmare and to emphasize how disfigured they started becoming over time. Also be honest about how you can purify monsters of their dark form, but only if they find strong enough reason to want to stick around, otherwise they will merely depart for the afterlife.

This way if Sharkbite REALLY wants to go, he can choose to do so on his own volition without straining Emily's conscience.

EDIT: Added Cf's suggestion.
(07-31-2016, 01:24 PM)Panur Wrote: »we can just make a rope ladder XD
We could also use tinkerskull, who can fly.

(07-31-2016, 03:53 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »And then there's also the issue that abusing the kid's powers to kill monsters would be playing into Malice's hands. After-all, exorcising Sharkbite for no other reason than to take his stuff and soul isn't exactly morally justifiable...

>Emily: Have the reaper kids tell Sharkbite how they were saved by Nightmare and how you can purify monsters of their dark form, but only if they find strong enough reason to want to stick around, otherwise they will merely depart for the afterlife.
I'd say this is a bad idea. Emily feels completely justified in killing monsters via exorcism so her morality doesn't come into play here. And purification is not an option for sharkbite, it only is for boss monsters. Making sharkbite try to will himself to stay may just make him more resistant to being exorcised.

Sharkbite said earlier that he hates his form, so maybe we should play off that.

>Emily: Tell sharkbite that you can help him out of his form.

I made a set for ghen a while back.
SpoilerShow

Base(made out of pan's, naturally)
SpoilerShow

Recipe:
SpoilerShow
(07-31-2016, 04:02 PM)Fellow Wrote: »
(07-31-2016, 01:24 PM)Panur Wrote: »we can just make a rope ladder XD
We could also use tinkerskull, who can fly.

But can she move quietly?
(07-31-2016, 03:53 PM)neferiusNexus Wrote: »>Emily: Have the reaper kids tell Sharkbite how they were saved by Nightmare and to emphasize how disfigured they started becoming over time. Also be honest about how you can purify monsters of their dark form, but only if they find strong enough reason to want to stick around, otherwise they will merely depart for the afterlife.

This way if Sharkbite REALLY wants to go, he can choose to do so on his own volition without straining Emily's conscience.

EDIT: Added Cf's suggestion.

downvoting dude, we shouldn't tell tall tales we aren't ready to back up.... nightmare saved the reaper kids, at this time we have no idea if he can make more, if he'd want to make more, or if our kids can make any

that said, we don't know if sharkbite wants to be exorcised and forcing it also seems like a bad idea, why don't we just ask what he wants instead?

>Emily: ask sharkbite if he's having second thoughts- if he's not sure about it you can talk it out instead, or leave it for another time

(07-31-2016, 04:16 PM)Heyoceama Wrote: »
(07-31-2016, 04:02 PM)Fellow Wrote: »We could also use tinkerskull, who can fly.
But can she move quietly?

We can make noise somewhere else in the cave to drown the sound she makes out, or we could make an item to keep her quiet.

(07-31-2016, 04:29 PM)Panur Wrote: »that said, we don't know if sharkbite wants to be exorcised and forcing it also seems like a bad idea, why don't we just ask what he wants instead?

>Emily: ask sharkbite if he's having second thoughts- if he's not sure about it you can talk it out instead, or leave it for another time
Sounds like a good idea, it'd be bad if we seemed pushy.